Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #601  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Maintenance question

My center lets you go on Maintenance when your with in 6 pounds of goal. I am 8.5 so I need to start thinking about what I should do.
They told me I am on contract tell Nov. so I could just stay on plan and see how much I can lose or go on maintenance in a few weeks.

What do yall thank I should do???
Old 09-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #602  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Maintenance question

My center lets you go on Maintenance when your with in 6 pounds of goal. I am 8.5 so I need to start thinking about what I should do.
They told me I am on contract tell Nov. so I could just stay on plan and see how much I can lose or go on maintenance in a few weeks.

What do yall thank I should do???
I say stay on plan and give yourself a little of a buffer. that's a mistake I usually make. I hit goal and immediately go on maintenance then blow it, when usually 5 more pounds would have kept me in "safe" range.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #603  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Just got back from WI and down 1 lb. I was totally happy with this as my last 2 weeks were a 3 lb then a 4 lb loss so I wasn't expecting much today. Hopefully I'll be signing that 80lb board next time!
Today was measuring day and I've now lost 84 inches
Great weigh in and measurement!!! Congrats!!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #604  

S/C/G: 187.5/see ticker/149

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I think this is an NSV, but I haven't gotten the credit card bill yet. For the last three months I've been wishing I had a pair of jeans that fit, but I've been making do with the 3-4 things I could find in my closet that were whatever size I needed. Ten pounds from goal weight, I got impatient, and this past Saturday morning I went to Kohl's and bought two pair of Levis in the misses section, and boy were they liberating! People who had not noticed that I've lost any weight suddenly figured it out!

Well, today, Wednesday, five days later, I pulled on one pair of those jeans and thought, "Man! I'm swimming in these things!" Out of curiousity, I tugged on them, and I was able to slip them down over my hips without unbuttoning or unzipping them!

My grandmother is right...patience is a virtue. But nonetheless the moral to this story is that if you are stuck at a size, plunking down $75 on jeans could solve some of your problems.
Congratulations on the new jeans - and the changes they caused! I'm so looking forward to some smaller sizes.

Quote:
Just got back from WI and down 1 lb. I was totally happy with this as my last 2 weeks were a 3 lb then a 4 lb loss so I wasn't expecting much today. Hopefully I'll be signing that 80lb board next time!
Wow!! You rock. Congratulations - that 80lb board is well within reach.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #605  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Wow Just got a call from the center and they want me on the radio, So I guess all of great Waco will here me Wend.... Wish me big luck
Old 09-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #606  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default Cooked Tomatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclewis5606 View Post
I asked this same question and they told me that is because of added sodium, sugar, perservatives from canning.
FYI, if you look in the grocery store, you should be able to find sodium free boxed tomatoes. I found a box/container from Italy at Walmart that was sodium free and only 1 gram of sugar per serving, total of 4 servings. I've used it to make chilli before and didn't have any problems.

Last edited by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40; 09-04-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #607  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclewis5606 View Post
I asked this same question and they told me that is because of added sodium, sugar, perservatives from canning.
I have read it's the carb factor. Tomatoes are considered high in carbs which turns to sugar.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #608  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Why can't we have cooked tomatoes? No one has ever explained this to me. I really want chili tonight. (BF is pushing me for some) I have buffalo and I have low sodium chili seasoning and black beans. But I used my creamy at breakfast, so I can't use a tomato supplement.
If you use 1 tomato supplement and it makes multiple servings you don't really have to count it. ( According to my center).
Old 09-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #609  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
**YEA** You've had a great week!!!

I *think* it has to do with something like the sugar content changing when they are cooked. I can't remember where I heard that though!

Finz that is absolutely awesome. Might be time for you to update your picture. I know I am one to talk. I still need to do that.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #610  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Yep WorkingARmom, FINZ, NAMASTE - time for some new pics ladies... I can be very persistent when I need some inspiration
Old 09-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #611  
Shannon

Default Chili Result

Well, thanks to everyone's suggestions, I made some really yummy chili tonight and it was totally OP! I browned 1 lb buffalo, with some green onions and garlic. Then I added a 1/2 pckg of chili seasoning. Williams has no salt added and the back of the package says 0 sodium. Then I added 1/2 can of black beans (normally, I likea lot of beans i my chili, but I wanted to stay within the right portion for my "bread") and about a cup of water. It came out really good! I just wish I had remembered Meemo's idea of adding a chicken bouillon HNS. The only things I didn't like were that the portions were small. But I probably could have made 3 servings out of the pot because 16 oz. of buffalo would reduce down to about 13 oz. And I also wish it has been a it more soupy. I can always add water to it when I reheat it though. So for all of those who I got "hungry for chili", this was easy and totally hit the spot. I could have eaten a lot more! But, that is why I am with MRC, because I always eat more than I should!

On another note, I had a little mishap last night that forced me to cancel my trainer tonight. I dropped a huge kitchen knife on my foot-point down. So I think I either hit a tendon or a bone deep in my foot. I can't have any shoe touch the top of my foot because it is so sore! And I can't bend my foot properly to walk. Nice going.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #612  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Wow Just got a call from the center and they want me on the radio, So I guess all of great Waco will here me Wend.... Wish me big luck
WOW! Congrats! That is great!
All my center called me for was to tell me I had won Royals tickets for Tuesday night. Woo hoo. The Royals are such a good team, ya know!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #613  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
On another note, I had a little mishap last night that forced me to cancel my trainer tonight. I dropped a huge kitchen knife on my foot-point down. So I think I either hit a tendon or a bone deep in my foot. I can't have any shoe touch the top of my foot because it is so sore! And I can't bend my foot properly to walk. Nice going.
OUCH!!!!! I have a fear of doing that. Come close a few times. I hope it heals quickly.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #614  
One Hot Mama

S/C/G: 155.5/149/125

Height: 5'0

Hi there! All that chili talk makes me want some....that has no chance of happening on Day 3! Only one more day on this menu, then I'm on to the next one Saturday...yaay! lunch of 2 0z cheese and 8 oz salad veggies is killing me...yuck!

I really came to tell y'all that I had my first WI today! I am down 5lbs since I started pre-conditioning last Friday...happy dance!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:45 AM   #615  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrossed View Post
I really came to tell y'all that I had my first WI today! I am down 5lbs since I started pre-conditioning last Friday...happy dance!
Great Job Chris!!!
Closed Thread