Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #76  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post

Sorry I've been so absent, but with the party and my oldest starting Kindergarten and then the supposed hurricane that didn't even drop any rain, it has been kind of crazy around here.
You look fabulous! Hope you enjoyed your party!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #77  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Rocki - You Look Amazing!!! Just beautiful Good For YOU!!!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #78  

Height: 5'10"

Rocki: Wow! You are one hottie! Congrats on your weight loss. Have fun on your trips. I'm so envious - I've always wanted to go to NYC.

Meemo: I'm super proud of you for re-enrolling.

shenanigan: Tell your friends & co-workers. I didn't at first & as I look back, it was really kind of stressful for me hiding it. So, you're trying something new & need their support. If they're your true friends, they'll support you even if this is your 1,000th diet! Look out for feeders who will tell you you don't need to lose weight. Let us know how WI goes.

All: I'm still feeling down about the low WI on Monday. I think I'll go in Friday or Saturday (usually, I only WI once a week).

Summer is ending & the garden fresh tomatoes will be gone. I eat at my desk so if anyone has any quick lunch meals, please let me know. I checked the recipe thread & found a few but am looking for more.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:54 PM   #79  
Shannon

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
Rocki: Wow! You are one hottie! Congrats on your weight loss. Have fun on your trips. I'm so envious - I've always wanted to go to NYC.

Meemo: I'm super proud of you for re-enrolling.

shenanigan: Tell your friends & co-workers. I didn't at first & as I look back, it was really kind of stressful for me hiding it. So, you're trying something new & need their support. If they're your true friends, they'll support you even if this is your 1,000th diet! Look out for feeders who will tell you you don't need to lose weight. Let us know how WI goes.

All: I'm still feeling down about the low WI on Monday. I think I'll go in Friday or Saturday (usually, I only WI once a week).

Summer is ending & the garden fresh tomatoes will be gone. I eat at my desk so if anyone has any quick lunch meals, please let me know. I checked the recipe thread & found a few but am looking for more.
Thanks for the encouragement. I guess I want to be successful before I tell them. that way if I fail, they will not know! How silly!
But with all of you as my support system, I will not fail!
It may take me a bit longer, but I need to get over that immediate gratification issue I have!
Old 08-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #80  

Height: 5'10"

Default Canfield's?

Does anyone know where I can pick up Canfield's soda around Omaha, NE? Do I have to order it online?
Old 08-20-2008, 04:26 PM   #81  
Queen of Everything

S/C/G: 178/169.5/150

I'm on the yellow menu and the people at my center never said anything about eating one hour after waking up. =/

I find it intersting to see all the different things from different centers that they tell us!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #82  
Shannon

I am up 1/2 pound a WI. UGH! N on can figure out why I am not losing. She said the one shot of vodka and the few fritos at the football game would not be that big of a deal. I should be losing. So she told me to try the Metaquick. I will start that tomorrow for two or three days.

Then I asked about the long times in between meals. She said I need to eat 1 hour after waking and I cannot go w/o and HNS that long. She told me to try just having a fiber fill in the mid-morning in order to save my "sweet treat HNS" for dessert. I'll keep ya posted!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #83  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Small NSV for me today - I had to hook my bra on the middle hook!!! (Im such a dweeb)
Old 08-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #84  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Hi all i had a question? I am almost out of all my supplements and i am debating which ones to keep...can i get everyones in put please, which herbs/vit do you all swear by? Thanks in advance for the help also i used to order my corti trim from i herb but they no longer sell it any idea where else i can find it?
Old 08-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #85  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Rocki: OHMYGOD, You look FANTASTIC!!! Have a wonderful time on your travels!

Meemo: Welcome back to living by the menu again Hope I get to see you sometime. I usually go Thursday mornings.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Post Why we should eat ASAP after waking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I am going to WI and meet with the counselor this afternoon. I will specifically ask about the eating within 1 hour of waking. Honestly, i didn't do that the first two weeks. I started once I read it here.
OK, not sure anyone wants the long story on this, so I will go with the short one. (I know, thats what she said)

It's important to eat ASAP after waking, because your metabolism has basically shut/slowed down after a long nights sleep. When you eat, your body will 'fire up the engines' again, and your metabolism will get back to normal. (glycogen stores in muscle/depletion, etc, etc, blah blah blah)

The longer your wait, the more your body goes into starvation mode, and slows down the metabolism. (body holds onto fat for dear life/extra cals converted to fat)

(The one exception, which is NOT totally agreed upon by everyone, is that its ok to hold off on breakfast for a short time, IF you are going to excercise right when you wake up.)
Old 08-20-2008, 07:05 PM   #87  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Thanks for the encouragement. I guess I want to be successful before I tell them. that way if I fail, they will not know! How silly!
But with all of you as my support system, I will not fail!
It may take me a bit longer, but I need to get over that immediate gratification issue I have!
i don't like telling anyone that i am on a diet...i have failed at so many diets, so many times....at work, i feel like they are saying in their mind..."how long will this one last."....i just want to be successful and people start seeing results....and say...are you losing weight?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:08 PM   #88  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
OK, not sure anyone wants the long story on this, so I will go with the short one. (I know, thats what she said)

It's important to eat ASAP after waking, because your metabolism has basically shut/slowed down after a long nights sleep. When you eat, your body will 'fire up the engines' again, and your metabolism will get back to normal. (glycogen stores in muscle/depletion, etc, etc, blah blah blah)

The longer your wait, the more your body goes into starvation mode, and slows down the metabolism. (body holds onto fat for dear life/extra cals converted to fat)

(The one exception, which is NOT totally agreed upon by everyone, is that its ok to hold off on breakfast for a short time, IF you are going to excercise right when you wake up.)
great info...you are a wealth of knowledge!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #89  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
Does anyone know where I can pick up Canfield's soda around Omaha, NE? Do I have to order it online?
I haven't been able to find it anywhere here in Omaha.

Can anyone who has tried it tell me if it is worth ordering online?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #90  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I'm going to try to go to a food class on Friday, because I did a private session and I think I only got about 5 minutes worth of information.

I'll try to listen for the answers to the questions that I have been seeing online and even try to ask some of them.
Closed Thread