Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #61  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by may06haw View Post
I am on the beige sheet and I was wondering if anybody else on this plan has trouble eating all the protein..6 ounces is a lot of chicken...I am getting board with my choices, I have been on the program for about 3 weeks and am sick of toast, cheese, egg for breakfast, salad with 6 ounces of chicken, 6 ounces of turkey with cooked veggies for supper.. Any ideas for menus combos would be great..Thanks so much, Deborah
You must try the soft taco recipe on the recipe thread. It is most delicious. There are alot of ideas sometimes you just have to put the pieces together. If you have a craving for something good, think to yourself how can I make this MRC friendly, for instance meatloaf (turkey meatloaf) with tomato HNS and steamed cauliflower (which when cooked enough resembles potatoes) put some butter buds on them and you are good to go. The cookbook is a very good place to look as well. You'll get the hang of it....
Old 08-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #62  
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by may06haw View Post
Thank you so much...let me see if it worked. Deborah
Well Deborah I just went to look at the path I told you for updating your avitor and it is actually Edit Avitar - hope that helps
Old 08-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 197/179/145

Height: 5'7

Well Went For Wi Last Night Down Down 1.5 Which Was A Surprise To Me Since We Had A Poker Run Saturday And Ended Up A Island Grill Restaurant I Took My Fat And Carb Blocker Pills Before Going So I Had Naked Hot Wings And Sweet Potato Fries With Lots And Lots Of Water. I Too Am Life Serveral Other Entries Did Not Know About The Time Between Meals I Was Just Taking A Hsn With Brf And With Lunch And With Supper Can We Have Ones In Between Those Meals. 17lbs Gone 40 More Hope I Can Do This Its Tough With 2 Year Old Twins, Full Time Job And Husband That Works Shift. I Am Soooo Glad That I Found This Website To See That I Am Not The Only One Going Thru This
Old 08-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #64  
Dixie

TWINS - great job, 17lbs down, how long have you been doin MRC?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:27 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 221.5/200/160

Height: 5' 9"

Shine On- Size 8!!!! Congrats! I know how excited I was when I got into a size 12 when I was wearing a tight 18!! It is truly the best feeling, its funny how your mind keeps telling you to grab a bigger size at the store then you really need! Keep up the good work!
Schooncr- Don't let the Tanita fool you too much. It is a very accurate scale but if you impedance is off by 50 or more (which your center could check for you on your body comp print out) it will make your numbers off big time! If you feel like you are losing lean muscle mass start taking chromium picolinate. This helps preserve your lean muscle mass and helps while you're working out to get better definition in your muscles! I've been taking it and I love the results so far!
JStuckly- Keep up the hard work, it will sooooooo pay off! Just remind yourself that its not that you can't have the food, it's that you just DON'T want it right now! I saw that you're trying the meal replacement drinks and my favorite is to do vanilla meal replacement with peach mango... it tastes SO good!
dla-GOOD JOB!!!! Congrats on the loss!
WendyKCraig- Good luck on stabilization what a great achievement! I can't wait for mine!
Twins8831- WAY TO GO on the 17 lbs lost! KOKO!!!
May06haw- I got realllllly bored of my breakfasts... I love pancakes and the pancake recipe from the cookbook was amazing! Try making breakfast burritos or turkey sausage for breakfast! Add plenty of spice to things and don't be afraid to get creative! Ask your consultants at your center for ideas!!! I'd also try the recipe forum!

WAY TO GO everyone!!!! This week has been great so far. Keep on truckin!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #66  
Shannon

Well, I tried the HNS in between my big 6 hour meal times. I was so proud of myself all day! Then I realized that I never drank my HNS with lunch! When did I notice this? At 4:00 when I was taking what I thought was my 4th HNS. I am hopeless! I am feeling very bloated and "puffy" but I am going to WI tomorrow anyway. Ugh I dread it. I am afraid the scale is up. But I have been so good. I feel like there s always an excuse with co-workers, friends, etc. Maybe I should just come clean with my friends and tell them the diet. I guess having them tell me I am silly to be on the diet is better than sabotage. They are supportive, but they have seen me go through every possible diet in the world, lose a little, then gain it all back. Sigh.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #67  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Well, I tried the HNS in between my big 6 hour meal times. I was so proud of myself all day! Then I realized that I never drank my HNS with lunch! When did I notice this? At 4:00 when I was taking what I thought was my 4th HNS. I am hopeless! I am feeling very bloated and "puffy" but I am going to WI tomorrow anyway. Ugh I dread it. I am afraid the scale is up. But I have been so good. I feel like there s always an excuse with co-workers, friends, etc. Maybe I should just come clean with my friends and tell them the diet. I guess having them tell me I am silly to be on the diet is better than sabotage. They are supportive, but they have seen me go through every possible diet in the world, lose a little, then gain it all back. Sigh.
I have both of the same issues you have. I am on the beige menu and get a morning snack. I remember to take it to work, but actually eating it is another story most days. What are you supposed to do? Double up or just forget it?

Go and weigh in. In my mind it is what it is. You are doing better to get yourself there, because you have some questions.

I am still struggling with the tell or not tell. It is funny, but my co-workers know, but some of my friends do not. Want to come clean together?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #68  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I have both of the same issues you have. I am on the beige menu and get a morning snack. I remember to take it to work, but actually eating it is another story most days. What are you supposed to do? Double up or just forget it?

Go and weigh in. In my mind it is what it is. You are doing better to get yourself there, because you have some questions.

I am still struggling with the tell or not tell. It is funny, but my co-workers know, but some of my friends do not. Want to come clean together?
I know, it is such a dilemma! I love my friends, but they are sick of my dets. I can't blame them I am quite sick of them myself! That is why I ant to get to maintenance so I can make this more of a lifestyle.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:30 PM   #69  
Shannon

Default salsa question

Hey guys. I was looking through the recipe thread again and noticed Denise's footnote about the salsa. She said to make sure we ate the right amount because it doesn't equal 4oz of veggies. I am confused. The ingredients seem like they would fit and measure out to the right amount. Does she mean we would have to eat 8oz since they are raw?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #70  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Hey guys. I was looking through the recipe thread again and noticed Denise's footnote about the salsa. She said to make sure we ate the right amount because it doesn't equal 4oz of veggies. I am confused. The ingredients seem like they would fit and measure out to the right amount. Does she mean we would have to eat 8oz since they are raw?
I think (or thought, without going back & looking at what she'd said) Denise was making a joke - what she meant was don't eat 8 oz of salsa as your lone veggie for a meal.
But I'd sure add it to a taco salad, enough to add up to 8 oz of salad veggies & salsa.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #71  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I think (or thought, without going back & looking at what she'd said) Denise was making a joke - what she meant was don't eat 8 oz of salsa as your lone veggie for a meal.
But I'd sure add it to a taco salad, enough to add up to 8 oz of salad veggies & salsa.
Okay, that's what I was hoping! Not that I couldn't eat 8oz of salsa.
Love it!!!

Here's to an OP day for everyone!
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #72  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Quick checkin. Here's a pic of me @ my b-day party Saturday night.

I'm just now getting back on track and am up 3-4 lbs right now. I'm going away next Thursday for a 4-day trip to Vegas and then to NYC again on 9/11. I HAVE to stay on track while I'm here @ home b/c I know I'll go off on my weekend getaways.

Sorry I've been so absent, but with the party and my oldest starting Kindergarten and then the supposed hurricane that didn't even drop any rain, it has been kind of crazy around here.

Last edited by Rocki; 08-20-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #73  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Well, I am officially on the yellow menu. Went to food class last night. Interesting - still didn't really hit on the whole timing issue, although she did mention that if you're going to have a long stretch between breakfast & lunch or lunch & dinner you should have an HNS between meals. Nothing about eating within an hr of waking up. Of course this is a somewhat abbreviated class since it's for people re-enrolling.

Interesting also - there were 6 of us. I was the ONLY one who had gone all the way through stabilization. And I was the only one, I think, who could (or at least who did) pinpoint exactly where the wheels fell off (vacation in April & the buttload of stress that was going on when we got home from vacation). We all knew we needed the accountability again & that's why we were back. That, and the $99 re-enroll special

I bought 2 of the "starter kits" specials, so I have a LOT of HNS right now - going with the special was kind of like getting 5 boxes free - well, 4 boxes now that the price has gone up. If I'm doing the math right I might not have to buy any more - I'm gonna try to make a lot fewer off-plan choices this time around so I can get these lbs off as quickly as possible, & get back to being in maintenance mode. And not have to spend much more money!!!

Last edited by Meemo; 08-20-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #74  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Quick checkin. Here's a pic of me @ my b-day party Saturday night.

I'm just now getting back on track and am up 3-4 lbs right now. I'm going away next Thursday for a 4-day trip to Vegas and then to NYC again on 9/11. I HAVE to stay on track while I'm here @ home b/c I know I'll go off on my weekend getaways.

Sorry I've been so absent, but with the party and my oldest starting Kindergarten and then the supposed hurricane that didn't even drop any rain, it has been kind of crazy around here.
You look great!
Old 08-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #75  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Well, I am officially on the yellow menu. Went to food class last night. Interesting - still didn't really hit on the whole timing issue, although she did mention that if you're going to have a long stretch between breakfast & lunch or lunch & dinner you should have an HNS between meals. Nothing about eating within an hr of waking up. Of course this is a somewhat abbreviated class since it's for people re-enrolling.

Interesting also - there were 6 of us. I was the ONLY one who had gone all the way through stabilization. And I was the only one, I think, who could (or at least who did) pinpoint exactly where the wheels fell off (vacation in April & the buttload of stress that was going on when we got home from vacation). We all knew we needed the accountability again & that's why we were back. That, and the $99 re-enroll special
I am going to WI and meet with the counselor this afternoon. I will specifically ask about the eating within 1 hour of waking. Honestly, i didn't do that the first two weeks. I started once I read it here.
Closed Thread