MRC Take -26

You're on Page 7 of 42
Go to
  • Rocki - Great pics! You must be proud!

At WI today I was down 1.5 lbs, which I was happy with, since I had a pretty bad cheat (or 2 saturday night). Skipped all bars and creamies since then, to try and make up for it.

Going on a 5 day vacation over labor day, and thinking about doing 3 days of Metaquick before, and 4 days of it after. Yes, to maybe lose an extra LB before, and get the crap back out of my system after, but also to use up some of these damn bars I have, and to NOT have left overs before we leave!

Anyone ever have that scale jump up a .5lb JUST before you get off and they write it down? I ended up .5 from signing the 35lb board. Friday, I will own that board!
  • Quote: Quick checkin. Here's a pic of me @ my b-day party Saturday night.
    WOW Rocki! You look fantastic! I want your calves!!!

Quote: Small NSV for me today - I had to hook my bra on the middle hook!!! (Im such a dweeb)
    Isn't that a great feeling? I was so shocked when I finally got to invest in new bras and was down two inches and a cup size! Yea! Hang in there!

Quote: i don't like telling anyone that i am on a diet...i have failed at so many diets, so many times....at work, i feel like they are saying in their mind..."how long will this one last."....i just want to be successful and people start seeing results....and say...are you losing weight?
    Goal4Life mentioned several threads back that she just explained to whomever needed to know that she was following a diabetic diet and they generally left her alone and respected her meal choices. I've used that same strategy and have had reasonably good luck.

I've told my co-workers/instructors that I am on a 17-week nutritional program to get my endocrine system straightened out after two years in my master's program. When I get asked to lunch at a restaurant that I know will be too tempting, I just explain that I'm 14 weeks in to a 17 week program, and I need to hang on a little longer, and they're usually fine with that. (When I get to the 17 weeks and find out that I need to go another x number of weeks until stabilization, I'll have to think up a new excuse, but this is working for now.)

I think everyone could tell that my body chemistry was out of whack and that I did not feel well before starting this plan. There is only one person who I think is actively trying to sabotage my efforts, and she is hypoglycemic and SHOULD be eating a diet similar to this one but doesn't.

Quote: (The one exception, which is NOT totally agreed upon by everyone, is that its ok to hold off on breakfast for a short time, IF you are going to excercise right when you wake up.)
    That's what I do. I take my beagle on a long hike first thing in the morning, and I have side cramps if I eat before we go. I'm always ravenous when we get in!
  • Quote: i don't like telling anyone that i am on a diet...i have failed at so many diets, so many times....at work, i feel like they are saying in their mind..."how long will this one last."....i just want to be successful and people start seeing results....and say...are you losing weight?
    Don't call it a diet. IF people ask, which they do cause I eat in front of people all the time, I just tell them I am eating healthy. If they press more I tell them I am trying to eat all fresh foods, and cut out all the processed junk.
    IF IF IF they want more info, I tell them I am cutting all the bad carbs as well.

If someone says ..."how long will this one last.".... to you, tell them "Diets may come and go, but you will be an a-hole the rest of your life". That always seems to make them lose interest.
  • I am on the 4th day of Metaquick and I hate the shake........lol
    My day was so bad my computer crashed, but I got my water in...lol,,,,
  • Rocki - you look amazing! Congrats!

Not being able to check in all day I feel so behind when I get home. Anyway, I've got to get the kids to bed and maybe check in after that!
  • Quote: Rocki - Great pics! You must be proud!

At WI today I was down 1.5 lbs, which I was happy with, since I had a pretty bad cheat (or 2 saturday night). Skipped all bars and creamies since then, to try and make up for it.

Going on a 5 day vacation over labor day, and thinking about doing 3 days of Metaquick before, and 4 days of it after. Yes, to maybe lose an extra LB before, and get the crap back out of my system after, but also to use up some of these damn bars I have, and to NOT have left overs before we leave!

Anyone ever have that scale jump up a .5lb JUST before you get off and they write it down? I ended up .5 from signing the 35lb board. Friday, I will own that board!

LOL! My center scale jumps .5 every single time!!!!
  • Quote: Don't call it a diet. IF people ask, which they do cause I eat in front of people all the time, I just tell them I am eating healthy. If they press more I tell them I am trying to eat all fresh foods, and cut out all the processed junk.
    IF IF IF they want more info, I tell them I am cutting all the bad carbs as well.

If someone says ..."how long will this one last.".... to you, tell them "Diets may come and go, but you will be an a-hole the rest of your life". That always seems to make them lose interest.
    You are on a roll tonight!
  • Hey guys! I went to WI tonight against my better judgement....I didn't change since last Wed. I guess I can't really complain. TOM is here, I've been stressed beyond belief the last 2 weeks, and therefore I've cheated several times at night. However, today I've managed to stay OP and feeling pretty good.

bfatnomore - I think I saw the canfields soda at both Bakers and Hyvee, only like 2 flavors though. It was in the chips & powdered drinks aisle.

Shenanigan - I TOTALLY understand the instant gratification!!

Rocki - You look amazing! And would that picture indicate that there may have been some dancing on the bar????!!!

theycallmemom - that is a great NSV! Every little bit counts.

SchoonCR - you sound like my husband...all technical and to the point. Nice to have a man's view on some of this stuff! Especially love you solutions to questions!

Well - I'm headed to bed so I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow! Talk to you all then.
  • I didn't tell anyone about the diet and about 2 weeks after I started a friend at work came up and quietly confided that she had broken down and "started that MRC diet. I kind of laughed but she's been GREAT support.

Just checking in tonight - been Swamped at work, even forgetting to eat my fruit at lunch some days ... Bummer!

Take Care all.
  • Quote: I am on the 4th day of Metaquick and I hate the shake........lol
    My day was so bad my computer crashed, but I got my water in...lol,,,,
    EEK! DOn't tell me that! I am all laid out for tomorrow. I have a Vanilla shake w/ pineapple HNS for breakfast and a chocolate shake with a grape HNS (separately!) and tomatoes for lunch. MMM. Can't wait!
    I have been talking my mom into cooking for me. I know, I am pathetic. But she loves to and I love for her to! So tomorrow night she is making the "fried" chicken from the cookbook. Tomorrow should be a no-brainer for me.
  • Well, I made it to the 40 lb. board on Monday!! Just barely, but I had caved and had two cookies on Sunday so I was sweating it. I am supposed to go in in on Thursday and get my 40 lb. picture taken (they do it every 10 lbs.) in my street clothes. They said it looks better than my uniform, LOL. My uniform shirts are huge and I am still wearing the same pants too since they cost like $50 a pair. So my work clothes just hang on me, but until they actually fall off they are staying.

Rocki - You are smokin'. You totally need to update your little photo with your birthday picture. I need to get a cute outfit for my birthday now : ) I don't think I have worn a strapless anything since prom and that was a while ago.

I know some of you don't like the vanilla puddings, but I have to say (and I may already have) if you mix them with decaf coffee and then add some ice they are just like an iced coffee drink. I have one just about every evening as my treat. Even my kids beg me for sips of it. I am a tad stingy though.
  • Quote: Well, I made it to the 40 lb. board on Monday!! Just barely, but I had caved and had two cookies on Sunday so I was sweating it. I am supposed to go in in on Thursday and get my 40 lb. picture taken (they do it every 10 lbs.) in my street clothes. They said it looks better than my uniform, LOL. My uniform shirts are huge and I am still wearing the same pants too since they cost like $50 a pair. So my work clothes just hang on me, but until they actually fall off they are staying.

Rocki - You are smokin'. You totally need to update your little photo with your birthday picture. I need to get a cute outfit for my birthday now : ) I don't think I have worn a strapless anything since prom and that was a while ago.

I know some of you don't like the vanilla puddings, but I have to say (and I may already have) if you mix them with decaf coffee and then add some ice they are just like an iced coffee drink. I have one just about every evening as my treat. Even my kids beg me for sips of it. I am a tad stingy though.

WOW 40 pounds, you go girl!!!!!
  • Quote: EEK! DOn't tell me that! I am all laid out for tomorrow. I have a Vanilla shake w/ pineapple HNS for breakfast and a chocolate shake with a grape HNS (separately!) and tomatoes for lunch. MMM. Can't wait!
    I have been talking my mom into cooking for me. I know, I am pathetic. But she loves to and I love for her to! So tomorrow night she is making the "fried" chicken from the cookbook. Tomorrow should be a no-brainer for me.
    I mixed mine with pineapple also, and it was ok its the after taste that gets me. I have mine when I am getting ready for work. I am going to WI Thursday so we will see how good it has done. So far I have not lost more then 3 pounds in a week and I was the same on Monday... Good luck to you!!
  • Rocki Wow...you better frame your picture...what a great birthday present to yourself!

Ugh get this...thought I'd play around with the "redo" kids last night on the play station dance pad (what was I thinking)...managed to pull the ligaments in my heel. Now I'm sporting a lovely cast...not even a boot!...for at least a month. ...my collegues couldn't believe it when I walked (limped) into school today. Ought to be interesting at back to school night tomorrow...and then greeting those sweet Kinders on Monday!lol!...hmmm...not to even mention exercising...good thing the "redos" have converted our garage into a gym...guess I'll be into "sitting" weight training for a while. I'm counting on you Schooner for great "lifting" advice! Hope I sleep better tonight...feel like I'm carrying the weight I've lost on my one leg... Sweet Dreams everyone!
  • Quote: I mixed mine with pineapple also, and it was ok its the after taste that gets me. I have mine when I am getting ready for work. I am going to WI Thursday so we will see how good it has done. So far I have not lost more then 3 pounds in a week and I was the same on Monday... Good luck to you!!
    I don't mind the aftertaste. It is actually pretty tasty. But I couldn't get the lumps out to save my life. If I had enough time in the morning, I would blend it.

Have a good day! I am going back to WI tomorrow to get my 2 in this week. Let;s see how 1.5 days of metaquick works for me.