3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 08:04 AM   #46
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I knew I had read that somewhere! You were the one who told me. I will change up my HNS times and have one in between those two huge chunks of time between meals.
Then, if I am in need of a boost, I will eat deli meat. I have a ton! I will be so busy the next few days (tomorrow is the first day of school- oh joy) that I probably won't even have time to eat. I wil get with my counselor for when things settle down at work and I start getting the munchies.

Good luck! I know it might be hard for the first couple days...but strangley enough I found going back to school made sticking to my plan easier! I just don't go into the teachers lounge.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #47
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Shannon,

I also found out that I am better OP @ work then on the weekends at home. Good luck I know you can do it!!!!

one for every 5 ponds lost
Old 08-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #48
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Y'know, I didn't know about the whole eating within an hour of waking, don't go more than 4 hrs (or 5, or whatever is it) until I read it here on the board. I don't know if I dozed off during that part of food class or if it just wasn't mentioned. Might find out tomorrow at my re-enroll food class. At any rate, I sure wasn't paying attention to those rules since I didn't know about them.

All to say - you do what you can. Maybe you can have an HNS at 6, eat your breakfast at 7:30. Mid-morning HNS, or an HNS with lunch at 12:30. Mid-afternoon HNS. Dessert HNS at night (I assume that's what you meant.) That's assuming you want to do 4 a day.
That sounds good. I will go in tomorrow nd WI and talk with a counselor about it too. Thanks for the advice!

Old 08-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #49
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

My center says u can have up to 5 HNS a day but I stay with 4
1 at breakfast
1 at 9:30 am
1 at lunch
1 around 2 or 3
dinner around 6pm
am I doing this right?

one for every 5 ponds lost
Old 08-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #50
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Default Vitamins

The subject of multi-vitamins & whether they dissolve or not came up recently. I got a wild hair this week while I was putting together my vitamins & herbs - I put one of my multi capsules in a little water. Within a couple of minutes it was starting to dissolve. So it passed the test.
I use the "Your Life" One Daily Dieter's Support Formula.

MRC Repeat offender First time - 2006 Lost 33 lbs - 170 to 137.

Currently:

Old 08-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #51

S/C/G: 234/234/138

Height: 5'7"

Default Beige Sheet

I am on the beige sheet and I was wondering if anybody else on this plan has trouble eating all the protein..6 ounces is a lot of chicken...I am getting board with my choices, I have been on the program for about 3 weeks and am sick of toast, cheese, egg for breakfast, salad with 6 ounces of chicken, 6 ounces of turkey with cooked veggies for supper.. Any ideas for menus combos would be great..Thanks so much, Deborah
Old 08-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #52
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

Have you tried any of the recipes in the cookbook? There is also a thread at the top of the MRC page called "recipes". There are so many ideas in there that I never thought of before and really they are quite easy to make.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #53
vonda

S/C/G: 214/177/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Awesome ShineOn!! Don't think I've EVER been an 8!! congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
A little NSV for our Monday morning - because the scale isn't moving this time, but apparently the inches still are. I went shopping this weekend. I couldn't believe my eyes so I had to double check with the sales lady to make sure the pants looked ok on me . . . . I bought all size 8's this weekend and went down to medium's on the tops!!! I still can't believe my eyes. I think I was a size 9 . . . . when I was 14. I don't ever remember being this size!!

Not sure I will be able to check in anymore before my early morning flight, so I wish you all luck in the NSV's and the scale WI's this week. I'll be tooling through the mountains and trying my best to eat healthy on the road.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #54
vonda

S/C/G: 214/177/150

Correct shenanigan, fruit only at lunch! keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I used ShineOn's banana split smoothie recipe! Nut I didn't put the frozen strawberries in it because I didn't think we could have fruit at night. Am I right? I would love too, though. I used the strawberry extract and it wasn't quite as good as real berries would be!
Old 08-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #55
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Another board already...and i noticed we have some newbies, WELCOME!! Hope everyone is having a great day! I wsill check back soon.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #56

S/C/G: 173/142/139(they say)

Height: 5'5"

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!!
I love the comments about clothing! I went shopping with my skinny teenage daughter and as I grabbed a bunch of size10 skirts she laughed at me and said you can't wear those little mommy!! She grabbed an eight and we ended up asking the sales girl for a SIX!! My goal was to get into a ten I can't ever remember being a six ever!! I only have a few more pounds to go, which they say will happen with stabilization (I get to start on Wed!!). I am amazed by this program!! For those of you starting off- CONGRATS in advance!! You're going to be amazed at the results!!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #57
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

GMA to 4 I did feel good when I saw the motivation for the program...kinda gave me another spark!

Teachers I looked back through the threads pertaining to eating between our breaks and what to have for lunches! Great ideas...and good to read right before I start back tomorrow! The hours seem to be REALLY important between meals and drinks for me...must be all that fat burning!...or low blood sugar...either way....it sure helps hearing it from all of you...being able to "read" the advice, seems to stick better!

goodbye 190's180's170's
Old 08-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #58

testing my avatar...I am having trouble updating it ...any quick suggestions on how to update quickly..I find myself spending an hour on where to look to update it.. I am not very website literate..Thanks, Deborah
Old 08-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #59
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by may06haw View Post
testing my avatar...I am having trouble updating it ...any quick suggestions on how to update quickly..I find myself spending an hour on where to look to update it.. I am not very website literate..Thanks, Deborah
Click on the Private Messages link at the top right corner of the page you are on, (top of the blog of messages) and you will go to your profile, to the left you should see Update Avitar. Try that

Bye Bye
Old 08-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #60

Thank you so much...let me see if it worked. Deborah