Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #496  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
My bottle was only 60 caplets...so, 10 days...your bottle should last a month, you are right! I wonder why they didn't offer me the 180 count bottle for 75 bucks...at the rate I'm paying it would be $120 for 3 bottles of 60. I'll have to ask them about the bigger bottle.

Also - did you find out where to get those toffee HNS creamies? I don't think I ever saw the response. I can't have creamies until day 5, but I will be very ready for some sweet things.
Tell them you know some centers have them in bigger quantities. Heck, if they don't offer it, I'll get it for you and mail it! I did just buy one, but I could try!

The creamies came from an online place called diethighprotein.com They are puddings. I am not a pudding fan, but I wonder if I could make a shake out of them?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:41 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Height: 5'6"

I will ask them - and if they don't offer it, I may take you up on that! I have a distinct feeling they would NEVER turn us down from buying too much!!!!

That's a good idea about making a shake...I tried the double chocolate pudding during pre-conditioning, so I'd have an idea. It was sort of like eating brownie batter...but not quite. Still, I wondered what I could do to turn it into something "more"....what would you do to make it a shake? Maybe a little extra water and ice cubes/ blend? I'm thinking it would get pretty weak with too much water...

Thoughts?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #498  
Shannon

Quote:
I will ask them - and if they don't offer it, I may take you up on that! I have a distinct feeling they would NEVER turn us down from buying too much!!!!

That's a good idea about making a shake...I tried the double chocolate pudding during pre-conditioning, so I'd have an idea. It was sort of like eating brownie batter...but not quite. Still, I wondered what I could do to turn it into something "more"....what would you do to make it a shake? Maybe a little extra water and ice cubes/ blend? I'm thinking it would get pretty weak with too much water...

Thoughts?
If you can get some Canfield's diet chocolate soda (I had to go online and order it), I mix that with the hot cocoa or the choc. pudding and some ice cubes. No water. For lunch I throw in a couple of strawberries and for dessert, I will add some extract or some sugar free coffee syrup (caramel is my fave)

My center doesn't even offer small bottles of anything!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Height: 5'6"

That sounds excellent...I just found the Canfields at beveragesdirect.com - I am ordering some. I'm not sure when I can have it...maybe after day 11? Not sure - I am not clear on all that yet. I have all my menus - and I'm not clear when I will get to use stuff like this! I can't wait...and I'm just beginning...

What I wouldn't give for a chocolate shake right this minute!!!!!!!!!

Do you do the liquid minerals? nikki at my center is on me about those everyday...just wondering.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:36 PM   #500  
Shannon

Quote:
That sounds excellent...I just found the Canfields at beveragesdirect.com - I am ordering some. I'm not sure when I can have it...maybe after day 11? Not sure - I am not clear on all that yet. I have all my menus - and I'm not clear when I will get to use stuff like this! I can't wait...and I'm just beginning...

What I wouldn't give for a chocolate shake right this minute!!!!!!!!!

Do you do the liquid minerals? nikki at my center is on me about those everyday...just wondering.
You can have them at day 11, yes.
I do the liquid minerals, but I do not think they are doing anything for me. They are certainly not worth the hefty price tag. But some people on here like them. Must just be how different bodies react to different things.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:11 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrossed View Post
Hi ladies! I'm a newbie here..I had posted a while back when I first joined the board but had to wait a few weeks to start MRC to save up some $$$, cuz we all know it ain't cheap! I'm on Day 4 of preconditioning and start on the yellow menu for days 1-4 on Tuesday.....Got all my shopping done yesterday and I"m ready to go...any advice??? I'm looking forward to sharing my journing with y'all!
Welcome back, chriscrossed! I'm not familiar with the yellow menu, so I'm not much help there. I think the generic keys, though, are to stay on top of your food diary, be honest with yourself, and get your water in every day.

Thelish-Thanks for posting your recommit due to the bites, licks & tastes. Since everyone has come back into town, I've had too many eat-out invites, and even though I've tried to stay on plan and have eaten salads without dressing because I forgot to bring it, I've been stuck. It was so much easier to have my food in the completely controlled environment that I enjoyed at the beginning of the summer.

I also realized as I've been sitting on my butt all weekend doing homework that every time I finish I difficult passage, I get up, stretch, walk around, walk into the kitchen, open the fridge...well, you see where this is going. Maybe I'll start studying in the library again. Anyway, thanks for breaking the recommit ice. I'm going to try to follow your lead this week, starting at lunch today.

Last edited by stuck in grad school; 08-31-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:45 PM   #502  
Shannon

I have fallen off the wagon, rolled down the hill and am presently lying in the gutter. See, my reward yesterday didn't stop with one meal. I think if it had, I would be ok. No, then we went out for cocktails and I hadn't had one in 6 weeks, so...you know. Then I ordered pizza today for lunch-and ate a lot of it. Then I went for ice cream tonight. Holy smokes, I need a serious U turn. Since I am a teacher, I decided to ask myself what I learned from this little excursion. Here is how the conversation went:
Me: Shannon, what have you learned from this derailment?
Shannon: Well, I learned several things.
Me: Ooh! That's good! What things did you learn?
Shannon: First, I learned that I am definitely not ready to go out to the bar for a long period of time. I caved after about an hour. Then there was no turning back. Second, I learned that my belly hurts when I eat like cr*p. Third, I learned that i get totally dehydrated and even if I drink a gallon of water (I drank more than that today!), I can't get rid of everything in one day of drinking water.

So, I think I will take the u-turn advice and start fresh tomorrow. I am sure I didn't gain 6 pounds of FAT in 48 hours. maybe a few, though. Sigh.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:26 AM   #503  
Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I have fallen off the wagon, rolled down the hill and am presently lying in the gutter. See, my reward yesterday didn't stop with one meal. I think if it had, I would be ok. No, then we went out for cocktails and I hadn't had one in 6 weeks, so...you know. Then I ordered pizza today for lunch-and ate a lot of it. Then I went for ice cream tonight. Holy smokes, I need a serious U turn. Since I am a teacher, I decided to ask myself what I learned from this little excursion. Here is how the conversation went:
Shannon: First, I learned that I am definitely not ready to go out to the bar for a long period of time. I caved after about an hour. Then there was no turning back. Second, I learned that my belly hurts when I eat like cr*p. Third, I learned that i get totally dehydrated and even if I drink a gallon of water (I drank more than that today!), I can't get rid of everything in one day of drinking water.

So, I think I will take the u-turn advice and start fresh tomorrow. I am sure I didn't gain 6 pounds of FAT in 48 hours. maybe a few, though. Sigh.
Shannon: Way cool for you for recognizing what you learned.. Don't beat yourself up, just as you say, do the u-turn. Tomorrow is another day. Let's all make it a great one!.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:54 AM   #504  

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:

Your convo with yourself made me smile! You are too funny. If it makes you feel better, my sister (also on this diet and named Shannon) crashed and burnt this weekend from bar time too. So maybe it was a bad Shannon weekend. We all have them though! You know you will be back on schedule soon. No worries!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:57 AM   #505  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Oh my goodness did our cats come from the same litter. They look identical in the face. However my cat (his name is Crusty) is the kind of cat you have to put in lock down if someone comes to visit. Very terrotial, very strange sounds come out of him when someone even approaches the door. He's my watch kitty
Crusty? lol, I like it. I have two Jeeves (in the pic) and Betty. However, are identical feline friends sound very different, mine is like a dog and loves attention from one and all!

As a side note, cats are just like people when it comes to diets. Jeeves and Betty eat the same thing and the exact same amounts and guess who is the fat cat? Betty lol. Sometimes life just isn't fair!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:00 AM   #506  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrossed View Post
Hi ladies! I'm a newbie here..I had posted a while back when I first joined the board but had to wait a few weeks to start MRC to save up some $$$, cuz we all know it ain't cheap! I'm on Day 4 of preconditioning and start on the yellow menu for days 1-4 on Tuesday.....Got all my shopping done yesterday and I"m ready to go...any advice??? I'm looking forward to sharing my journing with y'all!

**How in the world do you get your pics on here? It keeps telling me mine is too big no matter how small I try to make it!
Welcome! I am a newbie too (currently on day 12) and I have found this board to be a great source of inspiration!

As far as the pics, it gives you a certain kb restriction, you just have to find a pic under that....I think it is 19kb. Hope that helps
Old 09-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #507  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
I have fallen off the wagon, rolled down the hill and am presently lying in the gutter.
Shannon...are you back on track? You can do it...great job on actually writing out on why the reward was a bad idea this time.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #508  
Shannon

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I woke up this morning resolved to eat a good OP day. I tried the french toast for the first time. YUCK! I don't think I made it sweet enough. Ugh. Unless someone has an idea of how they spruced it up, I probably will skip that one. I may try to pancakes next time I have a few minutes to prep. After I choked it down, I a full. SO I guess it did its trick!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #509  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I have fallen off the wagon, rolled down the hill and am presently lying in the gutter.

Let's just call it a bad day and move on (those will come right?) You are so funny Shannon, at least you can still make humor out of it and then make it right with yourself. You'll do just fine.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #510  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Wink

Quote:

You can do it. Look how far you have come and look how close you are to goal. Girl, Just say no next time and remember where you are right now!! You can do it.
Closed Thread