3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:50 PM   #16
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
A little NSV for our Monday morning - because the scale isn't moving this time, but apparently the inches still are. I went shopping this weekend. I couldn't believe my eyes so I had to double check with the sales lady to make sure the pants looked ok on me . . . . I bought all size 8's this weekend and went down to medium's on the tops!!! I still can't believe my eyes. I think I was a size 9 . . . . when I was 14. I don't ever remember being this size!!

Not sure I will be able to check in anymore before my early morning flight, so I wish you all luck in the NSV's and the scale WI's this week. I'll be tooling through the mountains and trying my best to eat healthy on the road.
How exciting!

Started Stabilization February 28th, 2009 at 170lbs

Total loss: 185lbs!

My blog:

it is what it is

NAMASTE
I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me... we are One.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #17

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I went to WI today and I got to sign the 10 pound board. I was super excited. I just started on July 31st! This is way better than I have done on any diet in the past.

Since I decided to add exercise in after all of the posts from you I wonder how much I will lose next week!
Congrats on your loss!

I haven't seen it mentioned recently, but remember that we should ALL be getting AT LEAST 64ozs of water each day.

For every 20lbs of weight we need to lose, you need to add 8ozs of water.

For every 30 minutes of moderate excercise, you need to add another 8 ozs of water.

ALL that being said. The best thing you can always do for yourself is to drink 1 ounce of water for half of your body weight. I weigh 246, so I should be getting 123 ounces of water each day.

It really does make a difference!

New Goal - Set September 28th, 2009

Diver Down!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #18
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
Congrats on your loss!

I haven't seen it mentioned recently, but remember that we should ALL be getting AT LEAST 64ozs of water each day.

For every 30 minutes of moderate excercise, you need to add another 8 ozs of water.

ALL that being said. The best thing you can always do for yourself is to drink 1 ounce of water for half of your body weight. I weigh 246, so I should be getting 123 ounces of water each day.

Thanks! You are our Coach!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #19
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
Congrats on your loss!

Wow thanks I did not know about the half body weight, I will step it up I was getting around 68 but I need 74.... UR Great Coach

one for every 5 ponds lost
Old 08-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #20

S/C/G: 234/234/138

Height: 5'7"

What is HNS?
Thanks,
Deborah
Old 08-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #21

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by may06haw View Post
What is HNS?
Thanks,
Deborah
High Nutrient Supplement - You find out about those at your 1st food class.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #22

S/C/G: 234/234/138

Height: 5'7"

Thank you..and one more question what is NSV? Just curious...Thank you so much for your help. Deborah
Old 08-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #23
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
In the vanilla replacement drink that I take in the AM now, what is good to put in it? Some one said maybe the pineapple??

I like the pineapple in it as well as the wildberry - it makes it taste soooo much better I think.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #24
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
Sounds like everyone had some great losses last week. Congrats to all!

I went to WI today & was only -.5 lbs. This is the least I've ever lost (I only weigh in weekly). The only time I've been off course was when I was sick, otherwise, I've followed the plan exactly. My TOM is just winding down - could I be retaining up to 3-5 lbs of water from my TOM? I know "everyone is different" but I'm curious to learn if you see a difference at WI during your TOM. My apologies if this is TMI.

NSV - I've lost 14 inches so far. This is day 36 for me, so that's pretty darn cool. Also, all of the 21 lbs I've lost have been fat. I just hope the scale moves next week.

It could be because of your TOM....it really affects my weight (3lbs at least)
Old 08-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #25
Becky

Quote:
Thank you..and one more question what is NSV? Just curious...Thank you so much for your help. Deborah

Non-scale victory
Old 08-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #26
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Went to weigh in today and stayed the same Oh well....there is always Thursdays weigh in

Old 08-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #27

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
There is a thread for acronyms. It is on the page where you choose MRC-Take 26.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:58 PM   #28
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Phew...I'm back! Just said good - bye to 36 people who have been in town for a week...celebrating my MIL's 90th birthday! What a gal! I'll tell you though...14 of those relative and friends were staying with us with DH and I doing all the cooking...including the party! It could not have been ANY crazier or tempting...but, I stayed OP...how crazy was that? In fact...three of the group are starting MRC today...in their different states...I think they were jealous of the "drinks"...Ha! They sure helped me to stay OP! Those same three relatives browsed through the past two threads and they were sooooooo impressed with the kindness and support! It's great to be back...almost "alone"...I know that if this had all been a couple of months earlier the indulgence would have been out of control! I feel blessed!!! Now...let's see if going back to those 20 Kinders next Monday...pushes me over the line!...I'm thinking no way! Have a great rest of the day and evening!

goodbye 190's180's170's
Old 08-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #29
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I went to WI today and I got to sign the 10 pound board. I was super excited. I just started on July 31st! This is way better than I have done on any diet in the past.
*YEA* You sound very motivated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post
NSV - I've lost 14 inches so far. This is day 36 for me, so that's pretty darn cool. Also, all of the 21 lbs I've lost have been fat. I just hope the scale moves next week.
Wonderful! Your clothes should really be fitting a bit looser now, too!

Just came back from a couple of days in Atlanta and managed to stay OP the ENTIRE time! It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, just took some extra planning
Old 08-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #30

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'8

Yeah, this whole mail order thing....not so sure about it. I got my first box of stuff, half of which I did not order! I am very excited to start on the real menus...but a little bit of a bummer. So I have all the same flavor drinks for an entire month and jello!
Closed Thread