Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #181  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
NOW, my question --> Will MRC let you adjust your goal weight, if you still have time left on your plan? My plan runs til Nov. 3rd, and depending on my BF% (bmi doesn't work well for me, he he), might want to aim for 225.
Yep - in fact that happened with me. I couldn't be at the stabilization party in August or September (was out of town both months), so they suggested putting my goal weight lower IF I wanted to. Didn't pressure me, just said I could if I wanted. I did lower it a bit - got to the original goal, think maybe I hit the new goal for a nanosecond, but with all I had going on at the time I was happy just to make it through stabilization at all!

And all this talk of stabilization makes me realize I need to add something to my "advice for newbies" list. GO THROUGH STABILIZATION! ALL THE WAY THROUGH! I think I mentioned before that at my re-enroll class I was the only one out of 6 who'd actually completed stabilization. They really do teach you how to add foods back in & give you a good basic menu for maintenance that you can go back to for life. (The fact that I didn't do it is beside the point! LOL)

Last edited by Meemo; 08-22-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I substituted one cup of decaf coffee for one of the cups of water, added a little sugar free caramel syrup (in the coffee aisle), then blended it with a little ice. OMG! It was like a Starbuck's mocha with a shot of caramel. I am hooked! These shakes can be used outside of MetaQuick, right?
I just bought them today, the chocolate, and asked some questions. Using them normally (when not on metaquick), you use them just like the bars, EXCEPT you can have them as a full meal replacement at any meal. Just like the bars, you still need to have an HNS, and you cannot have a creamy on the same day, and you can only have 3 a week (I assume bars/shakes combined cannot exceed 3).

I asked about the metaquick, and I guess this is my first NSV, they told me I don't need it, its not for me. They wouldn't even tell me what the metaquick menu was, because they didn't want me to try it on my own. Damn men!

I asked them about how often they take pictures, and they said they like to take new pics every so often once progress has been made, whatever that means. They are going to take mine next Thursday when they measure me again. THAT is what I am really waiting to see! I like losing weight, but I want to lose size in the middle, AND I am still afraid I am losing some lean mass.

Thelish - I agree on the paper towel theory - I lost almost 25lbs before I really even begin to FEEL smaller, and notice clothes getting loose. Then, just 8lbs later, and I am wearing my 36's from 2 years ago. No one really made a big deal about noticing until about 30lbs either... seems I either hid my extra weight well, or no one gives/gave a BM.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 242/See Ticker/175

Height: 5' 5"

WI today had me down another 3 lbs.!!! I was so excited. Then I went to Jack In the Box and ordered a side salad with the family and guess what?? They come to our table with our order to tell me they have no salad. The truck had not come in. So the offered me an array of other options. So I ended up eating 1 taco. Not very bad but not very good either. Tomorrow is my baby's birthday party but we are going to Mr. Gattis and I don't like their pizza so I can eat off the salad bar. Now my birthday on the other hand is next week. Do I get to eat OP on my birthday???
Old 08-23-2008, 12:59 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kiddos View Post
Is it possible to take too much B6?
I had a B6 "overdose" back in June, but I couldn't tell you how much is too much. Once I quit taking it as a stand-alone supplement and rehydrated I started feeling better, but for several days I was dizzy, nauseated, and extremely weak. My doctor ordered bloodwork, and for the first time in my life the phlebotomist couldn't find a vein. Since then I have only taken a B6 here and there, but certainly not daily. I doubt you'd get too much from the combination you've described, but you should probably ask your doctor or pharmacist. I take the MRC-6 (isn't that what you mentioned?) as well as a high-speed multi-vitamin with B vitamins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Even on maintenance I lose a little here and there, but I have taken up some new exercising, and also have added yoga and pilates.
I'm so impressed! You are such a role model and deserve to be the poster child! (When do the billboards go up?) I just signed up for a beginning yoga class, and you've validated the $60 I hated to plunk down on that yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Of course I started stabilization in October, so went through Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not to mention a death in my family. Looking back I'm amazed I made it to maintenance by New Year's! But clearly it took longer than 6 weeks!
Geez, Meemo! I think I'm on target to start stabilization in October, too, but I hadn't thought about having to be on stabilization for Thanksgiving and Christmas! That sounds like an added challenge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
I had a nice little NSV this afternoon that I wanted to share..... I had to run by my insurance agent's office on the way home from work to drop off a payment - I almost never do this, the last time was early May i think - anyway as I drop it off and am turning to leave my agent (who had been on the phone) pulls it away from his face to ask me "Are you still losing weight? You look great!" I broke into the biggest, silliest grin and just floated to my car. It's one thing to have my family tell me they notice my weight loss, but to have my insurance agent tell me - wow!
Very cool!

Personal Update - I don't want to vent too much, but this has been an extremely challenging week, and my excitement at reaching the 170's faded by 9:30 this morning. Funny how office politics can have the same life-sucking effects as kissing a dementor from Azkaban. I also found myself in a nearly impossible lunch situation, and had to eat slightly off-plan. And, I totally caved at my sister's birthday this evening and had two slices of cheap pizza (it wasn't that great...) and a slice of cookie cake. If I wanted to turn this to a positive, I did pass on an amazing homemade cookie at lunch, though, and I did pass on all the alcoholic beverages this evening, so all things considered...that's a win, right?

So...it was a full day. Now let me introduce my grandmother. She often masquerades as the stereotypical Jewish grandmother (although she's a good Baptist, so don't tell HER that), and you can read about her on the feeder sheet. Someone (my mother) decided to tell her all about my "diet," and I got a phone call this evening. You may wonder if I lied to my Jewish Baptist grandmother, and the answer is...YES! I denied everything.

Gma: Honey, your mother says you've lost a LOT of weight...

Me: Well, I've lost a little maybe.

Gma: Your mother says you are on a [audible gasp] DIET!

Me: Well, I've just been trying to eat healthy. I've been cooking at home, eating fish twice a week, you know...

Gma: Where are you getting your fish? Your fish doesn't come from [audible gasp] CHINA, does it?

Me: No. My fish comes from Sam's.

Gma: You need to throw all your fish from China away! It's bad fish!

Thankfully the battery on my phone started dying right then, and I was given a reprieve, BUT...my phone is charging and I will use it first thing tomorrow to call my mother and ask her what on earth she was thinking.

Last edited by stuck in grad school; 08-23-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:05 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Heatherren - I've been meaning to ask...have you thought about taking some of your mail uniforms to be altered? I'm not familiar with anyone in San Angelo who does that, but I'm thinking there was a place that sold prom dresses on Knickerbocker that might be good. As I've cleaned out my closet over the past month or so, several people have recommended that I take some of the nicer stuff in to be altered.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:41 AM   #186  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Stuck in Grad School Kudos to you! I had a Grandma just like yours...she's be gone for 20 years and I still hear her giving me advice ...asked for or not! You just keep up the great work! Look at what you've accomplished! Yeah!
Old 08-23-2008, 01:53 AM   #187  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

kclewis5606 I made the comment to my doctor about water weight in the beginning...he laughed and said, "are you kidding? ...how about the water you're consuming during the day...weight is weight...don't deny yourself the accomplishment...and keep going!...and so I have! Congratulations!
Old 08-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #188  
Shannon

Well, two days of MetaQUick are over. I actually feel really god about it. I got on the scale this morning and was down 3 pounds from my last WI. I HAVE to hit the 10 pound board by Friday because I have big plans that night. I have been so good not to drink and not to go out to meet friends. But I miss my friends! I just know I don't have the willpower to go out and not eat an appetizer and not DRINK. I do miss a glass of wine (or 3)!

I am hoping after todays MetaQuick, I can stay OP all week as motivation to get thiose cocktails with my friends Friday night. The low weight this morning was definitely motivation. I was seeing 1-2 pounds a week and that was so frustrating. Guss the MetaQuick thing does kick your body into losing.

Happy OP day to all! I will catch up tonight. I am staying in AGAIN!
Old 08-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #189  
Shannon

SIGS

You crack me up about eating 2 slices of pizza that weren't even very good! I do that all the time. I actually spit a cookie out in the trash can the other day because it wasn't very good. My students thought I was crazy, but I was proud of myself! I said, "Hey, those are precious calories and I am not wasting them on that dried up cookie!" Of course, teenagers will eat anything so they weren't the most receptive to my advice. The things we do!

Last edited by shenanigan; 08-23-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #190  

Height: 5'5

shenanigan - you crack me up with the cookie! Teaching I totally understand, just think of all those horrible birthday treats
Old 08-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #191  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
shenanigan - you crack me up with the cookie! Teaching I totally understand, just think of all those horrible birthday treats
Luckily we don't have a lot of student birthday treats. The district actually frowns on it. But everyone in my building is a huge eater (90% of them are overweight or obese) so it is like an uphill battle. I had to break down and use SIGS excuse yesterday because I was drinking my shake while they were all eating pizza that was delivered as a welcome back lunch. I just told them that I
gained 22 pounds in one calendar year (truth) and it did a lot of damage to my body(probably a truth). So I was on a Dr. plan (there are docs as part of the MRC system) to get my body back to normal. The one lady with diabetes actually took up for me and told me that she totally understood because her body gets out of whack with her diet too. Whew. So I guess I came clean a bit!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #192  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Heatherren - I've been meaning to ask...have you thought about taking some of your mail uniforms to be altered? I'm not familiar with anyone in San Angelo who does that, but I'm thinking there was a place that sold prom dresses on Knickerbocker that might be good. As I've cleaned out my closet over the past month or so, several people have recommended that I take some of the nicer stuff in to be altered.
I had a couple of pairs of pants that I loved - took them to ask about alterations & the gal said it wouldn't be worth it - which was true, the alterations would've amounted to a total reconstruction & cost more than the pants did. But dang, I loved those pants.
But alterations can definitely be worthwhile - and I've got a couple of pairs of pants I'd ordered online that are too tight right now, but once I get back down, they're going in to be hemmed up (didn't notice that they were "talls" - got so excited about the huge discount I didn't notice the details.

Last edited by Meemo; 08-23-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #193  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Morning all. Well I caved - I ate a BLT. The first few bites were delicious, then not so much, I could taste the grease and at one point got a big blog of mayo in my mouth and about gagged. (I never had mayo on a blt before so why I thought I needed it now is beyond me) I dont really feel guilty about it - which is odd - and I had no problem getting right back on plan. My turkey burger and salad tasted wonderful last night!!! And that just blows my mind!!!! Anyway - I will be drinking a swimming pool full of water between now and Mondays WI. But I guess it will be ok if I gained a bit or stayed the same - at least I will know why!!!! Even though I should not have cheated - Im actually kind of proud of myself - never before have I been on a Diet and not totally binged after a slip up!!! But I am thinking of this *diet* more as a choice then a forced - gotta get skinny - thing. If that makes sense.

I so need to start walking or something!!! Its benn so humid this month I just cant stand being outside. (course now with Faye lurking in our area - its been so much cooler) any one have a suggestion for a low impact dvd tht would not be to hard on my knees????

Last edited by theycallmemom; 08-23-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #194  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Hi everyone, I have been absent for a while, been super busy with back to school, and my work load has gotten a bit heavier.
I don't have time to catch up on all the threads I missed. I have been steadily truckin' along on maintenance...I have to add to my photo collage of before and afters, as I have made it to 159! Even on maintenance I lose a little here and there, but I have taken up some new exercising, and also have added yoga and pilates.
It's great to hear from you! I was wondering how you were doing--congrats on the continued loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Personal note - down another 2.5 today for a total of 28lbs...30lbs here I come I totally believe in the paper towel effect now. While the weight is starting to slow down it seems so much more noticible to me. Its been kind of fun taking in the reactions from the parents at school...the all comment on the hair or clothes and then before long pull me aside to ask if I'm losing weight and how am I do it!

**YEA** that is awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
And all this talk of stabilization makes me realize I need to add something to my "advice for newbies" list. GO THROUGH STABILIZATION! ALL THE WAY THROUGH! I think I mentioned before that at my re-enroll class I was the only one out of 6 who'd actually completed stabilization. They really do teach you how to add foods back in & give you a good basic menu for maintenance that you can go back to for life. (The fact that I didn't do it is beside the point! LOL)

This is SO TRUE! As one who did MRC successfully some years ago, I DID NOT go through stab & maintenance (not entirely my fault as we moved back to England for a few years) but I gained ALL of the weight I lost back plus a few more pounds I do NOT want to do MRC a third time so I will be doing stab & maintenance faithfully this time!

stuck in grad school
Your grandmother sounds like my mother!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmemom View Post
Morning all. Well I caved - I ate a BLT. The first few bites were delicious, then not so much, I could taste the grease and at one point got a big blog of mayo in my mouth and about gagged. (I never had mayo on a blt before so why I thought I needed it now is beyond me) I dont really feel guilty about it - which is odd - and I had no problem getting right back on plan. My turkey burger and salad tasted wonderful last night!!! And that just blows my mind!!!! Anyway - I will be drinking a swimming pool full of water between now and Mondays WI. But I guess it will be ok if I gained a bit or stayed the same - at least I will know why!!!! Even though I should not have cheated - Im actually kind of proud of myself - never before have I been on a Diet and not totally binged after a slip up!!! But I am thinking of this *diet* more as a choice then a forced - gotta get skinny - thing. If that makes sense.

I so need to start walking or something!!! Its benn so humid this month I just cant stand being outside. (course now with Faye lurking in our area - its been so much cooler) any one have a suggestion for a low impact dvd tht would not be to hard on my knees????
Try "walk away the pounds" you can do that right in front of your tv. you only need to move around about 4 steps.
Closed Thread