Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 234/234/138

Height: 5'7"

Thank you...that was more information than they said..I felt rushed out the other night when they did the food instruction...
Old 07-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #122  
Shannon

Well, I broke down an WI this morning. I was up 2 but it is TOM so I am not changing the ticker yet I will change it Thursday IF it doesn't come off. I get to start the green menu on Wed! I am so excited ! There are so many more food choices!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #123  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
GOOD LUCK!

I WI either today, if I have time, or tomorrow. Will be day 15 on the plan (well, I consider it day 31, since I was on the pre-diet 16 days - ugh!), so they tell me after 2 weeks that take measurements again.

Very curious to see what I have lost in inches. My 2 buddies are a couple weeks ahead of me, one has lost 12lbs and 4.5" inches, the other has lost 12lbs and 17.5". Sure tells you some people are just different than others. We are all 3 in the 250-280 range, and all of us need to lose between 40-60lbs.

Friday night I did a no-no and ate some of my mom's hamburger gravy over noodles. The wifey has been sick, and she brought it over for us. Very good, and very off plan. Hopefully no gains from it today.
Another male to add to the mix! Welcome! You are right about where my boyfriend is. Maybe I can show him your progress and he will be more inspired to do this
Old 07-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #124  
Cristine

S/C/G: 168/158/140

Height: 5'5"

may06haw-I received an instruction sheet for all of the supplements during our first class. It was in a stapled packet of information, and I use it all the time. I wonder if there's a way I can scan it and email it to you? I'll play around today and see if I can do that before tomorrow.

Different topic- I want to share a success I just had. Last Thursday during WI, I gained 2.5 pounds and was seriously frustrated, mostly at myself, because I'd been cheating every day. I refocused, thanks in large part to this forum, and stayed religiously on plan each day since. I had WI this morning and am down 5 pounds (in just 4 days!). So, it really does work! This, from a woman who has NEVER lost more than 2 pounds a WEEK before in my life on any other plan (WW, Sonoma, etc...). I know that rate won't continue, but even 2 pounds a week would be wonderful!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #125  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Well, I broke down an WI this morning. I was up 2 but it is TOM so I am not changing the ticker yet I will change it Thursday IF it doesn't come off. I get to start the green menu on Wed! I am so excited ! There are so many more food choices!!!
I start the green menu today and yes more choices Dont let TOM bring u down, it will come off......
Old 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #126  
One Meal At A Time

I did WI just now and I am down 1pound, I just cant get over that 1 to 1 1/2 pound at WI. Is that normal???? Am I doing something wrong? So I am at a total 7 pounds down
Old 07-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #127  

Country Mamma ..thank you so much..that would be wonderful.. I am going to a class tonight and I hope to get better instructions then..I don't like the feeling of them rushing me around but I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I love this thread..I have been reading for a while before joining and am so excited about all of your losses and good attitudes. I have a 100 pounds to lose practically and I look forward to going over my ups and downs with such sweet encouraging people as you..
Old 07-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #128  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMomma View Post
may06haw-I received an instruction sheet for all of the supplements during our first class. It was in a stapled packet of information, and I use it all the time. I wonder if there's a way I can scan it and email it to you? I'll play around today and see if I can do that before tomorrow.

Different topic- I want to share a success I just had. Last Thursday during WI, I gained 2.5 pounds and was seriously frustrated, mostly at myself, because I'd been cheating every day. I refocused, thanks in large part to this forum, and stayed religiously on plan each day since. I had WI this morning and am down 5 pounds (in just 4 days!). So, it really does work! This, from a woman who has NEVER lost more than 2 pounds a WEEK before in my life on any other plan (WW, Sonoma, etc...). I know that rate won't continue, but even 2 pounds a week would be wonderful!

U go girl with the 5 pounds!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #129  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMomma View Post
WOO HOO!! 5 lbs that's awesome!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #130  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Bonnie - those pictures are georgeous!! Thank you for sharing. SchoonCR - it's great to see you postings - good to have another guy on board and sharing - I know there are more lurkers out there! CountryMomma - what a great U-turn success! I think the hardest part of this plan is staying consistent with what you are eating and see the inconsistency of the scale movement. I'll lose big, then plateau for a few wi's. I know if I just hang in there - that scale will start moving again. I'm glad you had such immediate results!! JSTUCKLY - If you are weighing in twice a week, 1 - 1 1/2 lbs is completely normal. I lost more inches in the beginning than lbs. It will all catch up!

Speaking of consistency - how are you doing blueyedangel? We haven't heard from you in a while and you are the queen of patience.

I just talked with my Aunt this morning - she lives in Washington State and signed up a few days ago. She will be doing this through the mail and on the phone through the Beaverton, Oregon office. I encouraged her to jump on line with us. She won't be getting the benefits of the wi's, tanita scale readings, measurements and bi-weekly in person consultations. But I know our group can make up for that!!

Last edited by ShineOn; 07-28-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default Hey everyone

Hey everyone. I've been MIA lately, but for good reason. I ended up having emergency back surgery this past Wednesday. Basically, I had a disk to literally shatter in my lower back, whereas I couldn't walk. I lay on the floor for 6 hours trying to get up, but to no avail, it hurt too bad. Anyway, was taken to the emergency room and had an MRI done, which they came back immediatly and told me that I needed an operation done now, just a matter of Augusta or Savannah. I choose Savannah, and they did the surgery that night. It was done laproscopically (sp), and he said that they normally remove 5-8 peices, but stopped counting after removing 25 pieces from me. It had been bulging apparently for a while and pressing against my spine, and finally shattered. It was tremendous pain!!! Anyway, I am better- can't walk unassisted. Have a roller to help me walk around, but am thankful that I am able to do what I am able to do. Anyway, wanted to let ya'll know I'm thinking of ya'll. Keep up the good work. Will be a while before I am able to go back to MRC, but will continue here in the near future. Just enforced to me how much I want to get this weight off of me!
Anyway, sorry for the "downer letter", but this was the first I've been able to get on the computer, and wanted to say hey and for everyone to keep plugging along. I don't know that the weight had anything to do with this, but getting the weight off will certainly help with any strain on my back in the future.
Thanks for all your support!!!
Missy
Old 07-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #132  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

I love this group....so glad i found you!!! I am on day 5 and i still feel motivated...i am down 4.7 pounds...my problem, in the past, i have always quit after losing a few pounds. I found a great saying, i want to share.'Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.".
I tried the chocolate frosty drink (double chocolate pudding HNS, cottage cheese, water, ice cubes and sweetner)...it was SOOOOO good...thanks to whomever shared that recipe.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #133  

tvmitche - I am in Louisiana also..in Shreveport, I just started the program Sunday...I too love this thread..I hope it lasts for a long time.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #134  
repeater

i know it has been addressed before, but how do i get my ticker to show up. I WANT MY TICKER!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #135  
repeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by may06haw View Post
tvmitche - I am in Louisiana also..in Shreveport, I just started the program Sunday...I too love this thread..I hope it lasts for a long time.
Hey, we are neighbors...well close (alexandria). This thread is great...it has me really pumped up. I joined mrc several years ago and lost. Right now, i'm not going into the store...i have all the info, menus, protein drinks...so i am trying it on my own...along with this great forum.
Closed Thread