3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #61
Jennifer
 
strawberryrhubarbpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 166

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Default

Well I did it, I placed an order on bariatricchoice.com for HNS - I ordered 10 boxes (8 clear and 3 creamy), and I just did the math and I saved around $27. That's alot! I didn't realize I could save THAT much, I thought it would only be a few bucks.

Just for FYI purposes, my order came to $99.90, used the coupon code to save 10% so the total came to $89.90 and free shipping. At the center I spend $58 and some change on 5 boxes, that's only if I buy 5 boxes at a time - they are a little more when you buy less then 5 at a time.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the package to arrive? I'm just wondering if I have enough to last me until it gets here...
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 12:11 PM   #62
Shannon
 
shenanigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 367

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Well I did it, I placed an order on bariatricchoice.com for HNS - I ordered 10 boxes (8 clear and 3 creamy), and I just did the math and I saved around $27. That's alot! I didn't realize I could save THAT much, I thought it would only be a few bucks.

Just for FYI purposes, my order came to $99.90, used the coupon code to save 10% so the total came to $89.90 and free shipping. At the center I spend $58 and some change on 5 boxes, that's only if I buy 5 boxes at a time - they are a little more when you buy less then 5 at a time.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the package to arrive? I'm just wondering if I have enough to last me until it gets here...
I have only ordered from Diet Direct. It took about a week.
__________________


shenanigan is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #63
MRC Repeat Offender
 
Finz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northwest Florida
Posts: 475

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Default

Only done diet direct and it's about 5 days for my location.
__________________
Finz is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #64
Jennifer
 
strawberryrhubarbpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 166

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Default

I want to thank everyone to posting your thoughts on all the pills we have to take... guess I'll just try to do the best I can, right.

Shenanigan, I've been thinking about you, how you say you are hungry all the time. Do you eat something within an hour of waking? I need to have at least an HNS within an hour or it kind of throws me off all day and I feel hungrier then normal all day. Are you drinking all your water? Are you maxing out your HNS - one with each meal and one between meals? hmmm not sure what else could help, besides maybe hoodia or the metabolic enhancer.

I'm thinking about going to weigh in but I'm being kinda lazy... they're kinda far so it would take me an hour just to drive there and back... I might wait til Monday.
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #65
Becky
 
momofboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 153

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default

[QUOTE=fattrimmer;2286588]Wow there are so many new members with amazing results. I have been OOT for a week. I have not posted in a while but have been reading everyone successes!

I have lost 15lbs and 23 inches. I was totally OP until we went to Omaha last week for vacation and I forgot my HNS along with my mind. I started off so good and then had a slip and then fell down the hill and stayed down. The good news is that I stayed the same when I WI on tuesday. The bad news is I can't seem to get back on track. HELP.



Good for you with the 15lbs and 23 inches gone! As far as getting back on track - try to sit down and plan out what your going to eat for the day, or week - or whatever. Prep your food if you can....and just take in ONE MEAL AT A TIME. I have the same problem when I mess up, but do a uturn and get back on. You can do it! I also had to laugh a little when you said to went to Omaha for vacation....I'm in Bellevue/Omaha and don't tend to think of it as a vacation mecca - now Kansas City on the other hand.....
momofboys is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #66
Becky
 
momofboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 153

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default

[QUOTE=ShineOn;2286556]Momofboys Im going to wi tomorrow too maybe well run into each other. Im going to try and go early so I can get a work out in afterwards. Besides, my gym clothes weigh less Im going to the base gym tomorrow, want to join me???? Congratulations on getting the Wii Fit!! I love it caution with the strength training it killed me!! We were having so much fun playing that we tried everything very sore for a couple days!!


I wish I would of gotten my lazy butt out of bed sooner this morning or at least read this last night before I went to bed! I did go WI around 10 or so....and I'm thrilled to say I'm down 1.5 lbs - I got to sign that 20lb board!!! I have no teenagers in the house today so my 5yr old and I will be hanging aroung playing on the Wii Fit....and I will be careful....I dont' want to get sore! I had to laugh a bit last night my 17 yr old muscle bound son played on it a bit and then told me how cool he thought it was - and how it actually thinks it will work!(to help tone & get you in shape) so I think that was a compliment from a gym rat!
momofboys is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #67
Shannon
 
shenanigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 367

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
I want to thank everyone to posting your thoughts on all the pills we have to take... guess I'll just try to do the best I can, right.

Shenanigan, I've been thinking about you, how you say you are hungry all the time. Do you eat something within an hour of waking? I need to have at least an HNS within an hour or it kind of throws me off all day and I feel hungrier then normal all day. Are you drinking all your water? Are you maxing out your HNS - one with each meal and one between meals? hmmm not sure what else could help, besides maybe hoodia or the metabolic enhancer.

I'm thinking about going to weigh in but I'm being kinda lazy... they're kinda far so it would take me an hour just to drive there and back... I might wait til Monday.
Yes, I'm taking all max HNS and eating within an hour of waking. I malso am taking max Fiber Fill. I can't wait for this all-day to run out because I am then going to try the enhancer. I may cave before that and just switch over. It is so frustrating to be hungry when no one else seems to. Definitely makes me feel like I am on a diet-not a way of life.

Thanks for thinking of me!
__________________


shenanigan is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #68
Shannon
 
shenanigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 367

Default

[QUOTE=momofboys;2287442]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattrimmer View Post
Wow there are so many new members with amazing results. I have been OOT for a week. I have not posted in a while but have been reading everyone successes!

I have lost 15lbs and 23 inches. I was totally OP until we went to Omaha last week for vacation and I forgot my HNS along with my mind. I started off so good and then had a slip and then fell down the hill and stayed down. The good news is that I stayed the same when I WI on tuesday. The bad news is I can't seem to get back on track. HELP.



Good for you with the 15lbs and 23 inches gone! As far as getting back on track - try to sit down and plan out what your going to eat for the day, or week - or whatever. Prep your food if you can....and just take in ONE MEAL AT A TIME. I have the same problem when I mess up, but do a uturn and get back on. You can do it! I also had to laugh a little when you said to went to Omaha for vacation....I'm in Bellevue/Omaha and don't tend to think of it as a vacation mecca - now Kansas City on the other hand.....
Momofboys:
I am in KC. It definitely is not a vacation hot spot! Well, it's certainly hot!
__________________


shenanigan is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #69
Becky
 
momofboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 153

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default

Can anyone tell me what the coupon code for some of these site is (to save 10%) ?? I remember reading it once but can't seem to find it now. Thanks
momofboys is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #70
Becky
 
momofboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 153

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default

I should clarify myself - for the site to buy HNS online.
momofboys is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #71
Jennifer
 
strawberryrhubarbpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 166

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
Yes, I'm taking all max HNS and eating within an hour of waking. I malso am taking max Fiber Fill. I can't wait for this all-day to run out because I am then going to try the enhancer. I may cave before that and just switch over. It is so frustrating to be hungry when no one else seems to. Definitely makes me feel like I am on a diet-not a way of life.

Thanks for thinking of me!
Huh... I'm stumped. I remember being hungry the first few days. The cravings didn't go away for a few weeks though. Now I only get hungry after the 5 hour mark, but if I take the enhancer and drink an HNS about 3-4 hours after my meal then I don't start to feel hungry until 6-7 hours after. Maybe you can talk to someone at the center about it, hopefully they will have better advice for you.

Warning about the enhancer - if you have a hard time falling asleep like I do, you might not want to take it in the evenings. The lady at my center told me it does have a tiny bit of caffeine (I think) so it might keep you up if you take it too late. On the days I work I only take them between breakfast and lunch.

Melanie - I love quilting, I had just started learning before my divorce. I made one whole quilt and a couple of other small things. Nowadays I'm too busy but I know that one day I will take it up again. You will have to show us a picture of the quilt once you are done!
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #72
Bonnie
 
MrsPhibes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lawrence, KS and Westminster, CO
Posts: 232

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Exercise and Calories

Just thought I would tell you folks a motivating factor for me. Went on a bike ride this morning (31miles). The calculation at the rate of speed I was going was 1672 calories burned. That's a whole days calories! If you weigh more you burn more. That's one of the only positives about weighing more. My positive about weighing less is getting up the hills easier.
__________________


Start Date: 3/1/08

I am getting there.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

New goal as of September 1, 2009

MrsPhibes is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 03:10 PM   #73
Shannon
 
shenanigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 367

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Huh... I'm stumped. I remember being hungry the first few days. The cravings didn't go away for a few weeks though. Now I only get hungry after the 5 hour mark, but if I take the enhancer and drink an HNS about 3-4 hours after my meal then I don't start to feel hungry until 6-7 hours after. Maybe you can talk to someone at the center about it, hopefully they will have better advice for you.

Warning about the enhancer - if you have a hard time falling asleep like I do, you might not want to take it in the evenings. The lady at my center told me it does have a tiny bit of caffeine (I think) so it might keep you up if you take it too late. On the days I work I only take them between breakfast and lunch.

Melanie - I love quilting, I had just started learning before my divorce. I made one whole quilt and a couple of other small things. Nowadays I'm too busy but I know that one day I will take it up again. You will have to show us a picture of the quilt once you are done!
Thanks for the input on the enhancers. I have told her I am hungry and she is stupified. I am eating my little breakfast, drinking a HNS and taking the plethora of pills within one hour of waking up. I would love to go 3 hours without being hungry! I am hungry within an hour! I stretch it to 2-21/2 and then have a HNS. Then try to go another 2 for lunch. Then start he whole thing over in the afternoon. Maybe it is just me and it is all psychological.
__________________


shenanigan is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #74
Gina
 
ShineOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellevue, Nebraska
Posts: 625

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Default

Fattrimmer Its good to have you back posting again. Were you in Omaha area for the Olympic swim trials? It was a blast to see! As far as getting back on track. You have a lot to lose like I did. I find it best to just focus on one meal at a time and prep your meals in advance. For example, I always make sure I have meat thawing, plenty of veggies and fruit to choose from and try to keep leftover chicken breast pre-cooked for a quick grab & go. Then kick up the variety and have fun with it. With all that said, if you have the occasional slip, just U-turn and get back on for the next meal. Being at this end of the weight loss, I can say its SO WORTH IT!

Jstuckly Good question. I think I started feeling really good about myself at the 30lb lost mark thats when people started noticing and commenting. At the 50 lb loss, I was strutting my stuff ! Now that Im close to the normal healthy weight range, people are just used to seeing me look good, so its becoming less about my weight and getting back to normal conversations except the people who havent seen me in a long time they still scream when they see me!

Melanie I used to quilt oh how I miss it. I always said, my goal before I leave this earth, is to make a wedding ring quilt! Please post a picture when you are done.

Tvmitche thanks for checking in. Glad our chatter is keeping you on track!

Becky I must have just missed you I was in around 9:30. I stayed the same, but I have been working out hard, so Im ok with that. It will catch up as soon as my poor muscle quit being sore and holding onto water. Congratulations on signing the 20 lb board wish I could have seen that. The base gym was a sauna today! My pores are definitely cleaned out!! As Im limping around after stretching before and after, I think I will need to find some stretching or yoga on the wii fit.

Bonnie you are the biking queen! 31 miles is amazing I cant even imagine.

I got to run again!! I bought my nike+ shoes last night and the little chip for my ipod. Went to the gym after wi and had to calibrate it twice then I think I goofed that up and set the .25 miles at .33 miles. I should probably do that on the tread mill instead. I broke my 1st day record and ran for 2 whole miles and walked 1.2!!! Im so hooked. I have never sweat so much. I just melted into a little puddle when I was stretching. And running to music is so much better. I did a little happy dance when I hit the 2 mile mark sure it made for some good entertainment! Im stretching really good, but I think I might be pushing myself too hard. I got out of the car at home and my legs were so sore. I need to read up on the couch potatoe to 5k link Thanks for that Sandy! I really want to be able to run a 5k by the end of August. Oh, Im the slowest runner in history, but Im out there just doing it!
__________________

Find me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...50&ref=profile
ShineOn is offline  
Old 07-26-2008, 04:03 PM   #75
Shannon
 
shenanigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 367

Default

[QUOTE
I got to run again!! I bought my nike+ shoes last night and the little chip for my ipod. Went to the gym after wi and had to calibrate it twice then I think I goofed that up and set the .25 miles at .33 miles. I should probably do that on the tread mill instead. I broke my 1st day record and ran for 2 whole miles and walked 1.2!!! Im so hooked. I have never sweat so much. I just melted into a little puddle when I was stretching. And running to music is so much better. I did a little happy dance when I hit the 2 mile mark sure it made for some good entertainment! Im stretching really good, but I think I might be pushing myself too hard. I got out of the car at home and my legs were so sore. I need to read up on the couch potatoe to 5k link Thanks for that Sandy! I really want to be able to run a 5k by the end of August. Oh, Im the slowest runner in history, but Im out there just doing it![/QUOTE]

I am so jealous that you have begun running. I so want to be a runner, but I absolutely hate every step I take. It kills me. I keep hearing about the "runner's high" but I've never felt it. You have inspired me to try to hop on my treadmill again and start out slowly. I think 5 minutes is the longest I've gone. Any other tips?
__________________


shenanigan is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2