Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Namaste answered the salsa question nicely. I took both Sea-Thin and MRC-6. They work differently. Sea-Thin is a non-stimulating thermogenic that targets the fat surrounding your internal organs, so you will see inches lost around your middle.
Thanks, Donuts! I am suddenly more motivated to add the Sea-Thin back in! I was pleased with the results when I was taking it, but I got lazy around the time that I decided I was tired of eating and it fell out of my routine.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #362  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Just dropping in to wish everyone a good OP day!!! May the force of OP be with you today!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #363  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Denise - The salsa sounds great, I love cilantro, how would I count that as my veggie?
I count it as my veggie, per weight (oz per oz) but they just don't want you to eat 8oz of salsa for your veggie. Does that make sense? So for instance, I made a turkey burrito (ground turkey, seasoning and a low calorie burrito) last night and added salsa (an oz) then had 7 oz of salad instead of 8oz.

Denise

Last edited by namaste; 08-01-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #364  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Denise-Thanks for posting the MRC salsa! I wonder if there might be a good substitute for the cilantro--perhaps chili powder or cumin? I'll experiment and see if I can modify mine accordingly. (Mine is soooooo not on plan. It is in the recipe vault for now.)
I have totally made subsitutions and actually, I love cilantro but have added the chili powder and cumin on occasion and that's great.... just play with it!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #365  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintainforlife View Post
Okay Denise...I immediately ran into the kitchen and made your salsa...it's perfect! Well, I'm actually taking my DH and DD's word for it! They loved it! Just knowing it's in my future makes me very happy! Thanks
Yes!!! I'm so glad they liked it.... Hey, I've been meaning to ask... where in San Diego are you? I was born and raised in Southern California. I grew up mostly in North County.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #366  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattrimmer View Post
Denise,
Oh my gosh your story is wonderful! It has inspiried me to get back on track. I had been doing great and went on vacation and fell off the wagon. I have been thinking a lot of the food that I have not had in a while and in a since I think I have been greaving.
I looked at you pictures and you look awsome. Thank you so much for letting us read your story.
I'm glad you enjoyed the story.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #367  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Strawberry thanks for the info on Espana -- I'm kind of ignorant about the whole thing, actually I didn't even order for myself Its definately a place I will go back to!!

Denise Congrats on the loss, you are awesome!!

ShineOn Yea!!! a peer class, I hope I can come!

Finz WaHoo!! 70lbs
Girl, look at you!!! You look fabulous!!! (Love your hair!)
Old 08-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #368  
One Meal At A Time

Went back to MRC today was not happy about the .5 up so I WI again and I am down the .5 so I feel better she told me to try the MRC 6

has anyone tried this before?
Old 08-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=stuck in grad school;2295974]

Strawberry-I had a very vivid dream last night about going back to Lincoln. In my dream, I conscientiously decided to go off-plan and eat at Runza's! Can you believe I'm dreaming about Runza's or that I was conscientiously deciding to go off-plan in my dream? My parents were in the dream, too, and I remember telling them, "We should call Strawberry and see if she wants to have a runza, too!" I know...spooky! But I think I was checking the board just before I went to bed and the local news was advertising an upcoming preview of the Huskers football team. Anyway, it is now confirmed that you are an important part of my MRC journey. And it looks like my sub-conscious is trying to "feed" you. Beware of my sub-conscious.

/]
I have heard that when you dream about food you are in fat burn mode.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #370  

Denise .... I just read your blog, what a fabulous journey to self. You are truly an inspiration, thank you so much for sharing your very personal journey with us.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #371  
One Meal At A Time

[QUOTE=WorkingARMom;2296629]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post

Strawberry-I had a very vivid dream last night about going back to Lincoln. In my dream, I conscientiously decided to go off-plan and eat at Runza's! Can you believe I'm dreaming about Runza's or that I was conscientiously deciding to go off-plan in my dream? My parents were in the dream, too, and I remember telling them, "We should call Strawberry and see if she wants to have a runza, too!" I know...spooky! But I think I was checking the board just before I went to bed and the local news was advertising an upcoming preview of the Huskers football team. Anyway, it is now confirmed that you are an important part of my MRC journey. And it looks like my sub-conscious is trying to "feed" you. Beware of my sub-conscious.

/]

Then I want to dream about food!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #372  

Height: 5'10"

Default thelish looks hot!

thelish: OMG! You can so tell you've lost weight. You look completely fabulous! You should be so proud of yourself!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #373  
Sandy

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/148 to 151

Height: 5'4"

Default Help, Hope and Prayers!!

Well ladies and gentlemen, I went back to "lurking" and really not being on the computer and the board exploded! I'm trying to catch up on all the reading! Congrats on all the losses I see posted - there are so many and some with some major milestones - 70 and 120 pound boards - Whoo!

I had a few slip ups last week and today is the last day of my program! Augh! I have a scale at home and know that I am up by 2 pounds which stinks because as of last weigh in I needed to be down by 4 before they said they would stabilize me. So now its a total of 6 pounds before they said I could stablize. I have to WI today as its my last day and I will talk to the center about what I should do and what they will let me do - (I know they will push me to re-enroll since they have the $99 August special.)
But I am curious - What do all of you think I should do.

I have really been struggling these past two and a half weeks. I think my body wants to be at this weight. I am hoping it is just a plataue, but it has lasted forever! I am so frustrated. I only have 15 pounds to go before I would be the smallest I have EVER been. Then I get this annoying voice in my head that says - "Hey you've had 2 kids! 15 pounds heavier than you were in highschool isn't bad!" Is this voice right????? I began to think so and that's what lead to my "slips" which were-
Last weekend was my daughter's piano recital - nothing major but she wanted cookie cakes made by mommy - so I made her two as requested. I didn't eat the cookie dough like I normally would - by the spoonful - but I did lick my fingers a couple of times . Then I made the icing, which was my downfall. Way too much licking of the fingers there, and I made the huge mistake of not throwing out the leftover icing, so I did have a few spoons of that.
And I did allow myself a very small piece of the cookie cake on Saturday. Then on Sunday we ate at McGuires and I stayed as close to OP as possible. Hubby and I ordered a steak and the steamed veggie plate and split them both. I did have ONE bite of the rueben egg roll appitizer he ordered and with the steak, they serve a half tomato with cheese broiled on top - which I love, but only had one bite.
This week has been crazy, and I have not written down a single thing on my food sheet, plus I have not had enough water, I have not eaten at regular intervals, I have not found the time to exercise and have even skipped a couple meals.

I love this board it is so cathartic. I am really reaching for some advice as to whether I should continue the program or stabilize (if they will even let me).

I will let you all know how my WI goes today.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #374  

Height: 5'10"

Default Runza!

stuck in grad school: "Welcome to Runza! Fun in a bunza!" Your dream is way too funny! I absolutely love Runza & their crinkle fries. I too had a "fall off plan" dream this week. I wasn't at Runza, I was at La Mesa (Mexican restaurant in Nebraska). I kept ordering chicken & they kept bringing me out chips & cheese. We must be kindred spirits!

ShineOn
: I added the peer inspiration class to my calendar. Barring no conflicts, I'll be there!
Old 08-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #375  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Then I must be in fat burning mode often!!! I dream of eating ice cream and Lil' Debbie Nutty Bars!
Closed Thread