Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 PM   #61  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Jennifer – I seemed to lose a clothes size a month – you’ll be back in those 10’s in no time! Stuck in Grad School – you had me rolling with your dog conversation. I could just see that in my mind!! I love your list – and I had forgotten all about how bad my feet hurt in the morning. I can’t remember what it was called, but it felt like bone spurs – they had me doing stretching exercises. My feet don’t hurt at all now. And I agree, people do treat me with more respect now. I think they assume you have more self control. It was never about self control with me, I just didn’t know how to eat correctly – or cook simply. Jstuckly – what a great victory! You’re doing good to resist pizza!! Goal4Life – I love you list. The comments I get a lot is how much younger I look – amazing how extra weight can make you look older. I love not being sweaty all the time too! Finz – congrats on the 65 lb board. You seem to be losing really fast and consistently. Betcoleen – that’s a good idea. I don’t know if I have any pictures from my 42nd birthday, but I do have one from my 41st – and I’d have to say I look younger now! Denise – I love your new photo!! I remember when you were too afraid to post any photos – you look fantastic!! I love your list too. I have to admit, I used to use the handicap stalls too – I used to tell myself I was claustrophobic! Now I fit just fine in the normal ones. And I love being able to cross my legs and do the leg wrap (where you can cross your legs and wrap your foot around your ankle – bad for your body, I’m sure, but kind of cool feeling). Melanie – I love your before and after photos – thank you for posting those. You look so much better. Maintainforlife – health is what brought me to MRC too. Our center is fantastic – just let me know if you want a number in the central time zone. I’m happy to say all my health numbers are in the normal range – bad cholesterol dropped by 50 pts, blood sugars are back in line and bp is normal. Whatever center you decide to join from afar – I think you will find this forum a wonderful support system. Judy – Hey there super star!! That is wonderful – what you are doing for the tornado relief. Beautiful on the inside and out. Pbolton1 – what center are you going to? We moved to Nebraska from Crestview, Florida.

I had another OP day. Should be 1 more day before I start hitting the good fat burning again! Have a good evening everyone.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:27 PM   #62  

Crestview to Nebraska. Which do you prefer? Hubby & I are looking into moving to the Northwest if a few years. We are getting sick of this heat!

I went to the center in Shalimar. I haven't been back in three years. So far, I've been able to maintain on my own. If I don't get the excess off soon, I'll be going back. There is a center in Destin now (where I live).
Old 07-17-2008, 11:56 PM   #63  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
Crestview to Nebraska. Which do you prefer? Hubby & I are looking into moving to the Northwest if a few years. We are getting sick of this heat!

I went to the center in Shalimar. I haven't been back in three years. So far, I've been able to maintain on my own. If I don't get the excess off soon, I'll be going back. There is a center in Destin now (where I live).

I use the Shalimar center. There are a few of us on here who use that and/or the Destin one.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #64  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

In about 3 hr I am going for my 1st WI,,, Wish me luck, on the Vitamins I have the ones from the MRC and it is 3 pills 3 x a day, Could i just take a Womans once a day? 9 vitamins is killing me I cant stand them.... Anyways please let me know I have some GNC and would like to use them....
Old 07-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #65  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
In about 3 hr I am going for my 1st WI,,, Wish me luck, on the Vitamins I have the ones from the MRC and it is 3 pills 3 x a day, Could i just take a Womans once a day? 9 vitamins is killing me I cant stand them.... Anyways please let me know I have some GNC and would like to use them....
Good luck! You will do great!!

I take the Total Woman, but I take 1 at each meal. I also take Flax though, so that may be why.... just take in the ones that you have from GNC and tell them that you can't stand the TW and see if they compare. That's what I would suggest.

Check in after weigh in!

Old 07-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #66  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
I was on the Denver NBC channel news tonight and had to say I was pleased at how thin my face looked. Seeing it on TV really made me aware of the weight loss. We had another $179,000 come in this week for tornado relief!

Judy
Gma to 4[/COLOR]

I recorded the news, so I'm going to watch it tonight!!!

Can't wait to see you in person on Monday and give you a big hug!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #67  
One Meal At A Time

Thank you I will I also take the FLax but I am not sure what it is for? I did not really get to talk to the lady she was a little busy but Ill talk to them today...
Old 07-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #68  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
Thank you I will I also take the FLax but I am not sure what it is for? I did not really get to talk to the lady she was a little busy but Ill talk to them today...
Flax is how you get your Omega 3's (the kind you get from eating fish).
It's a benefit to you, as it helps to lower bad cholesterol, assists with heart function, and helps with blood pressure. It is also high in fiber.

Overall, it's pretty great.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #69  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Denise – I love your new photo!! I remember when you were too afraid to post any photos – you look fantastic!! I love your list too. I have to admit, I used to use the handicap stalls too – I used to tell myself I was claustrophobic! Now I fit just fine in the normal ones. And I love being able to cross my legs and do the leg wrap (where you can cross your legs and wrap your foot around your ankle – bad for your body, I’m sure, but kind of cool feeling).
I too remember being afraid to post any photos..... I still get a little apprehensive, but I'm not as terrified. Thank you! I've come a long way from those days (that seem so long ago, but were only just a few months back). Thanks for being so supportive. I fit in just fine too! I sit in those regular stalls, and am so happy (sounds silly, but really.... what a freedom). I used to go in the handicap stalls and just hurry hoping no one would see me in there but I really couldn't fit in the other ones (very easily anyway). OK! I'm not to the leg wrap yet, but I can't wait to get there!!!! I'm putting that one on my freedom list right now. I think that sounds wonderful!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintainforlife View Post
Hi Everyone,
My doctor has STRONGLY demanded that I get on a health eating plan immediately. (I've been on many others in the past) but... After spending hours reading allllll or most of the previous threads I am more than motivated to join the MRC troups! My brother in-law has been a member for 6months and has NEVER felt healthier or looked soooo good! My problem, I'm in California. I've talked to a representative in Florida and she said I could call ANY center and join...doing my program over the phone. My question??? Is there anyone out there who has joined the program this way. If not...then...can someone recommend there center? It really doesn't matter where it is, because communication will be by phone, fax or mail. I'm really looking for a center with good follow through...for obvious reasons! I'm sooo looking forward to being part of this group! I will really appreciate any/all input!!! Thanks!
I'm kinda doing the program this way. I am about 300 miles from my center, so I go in sporadically, but otherwise I use the telephone and this message board. It is do-able! And you can do it, too! For me, the most important things have been having a high quality scale at home so that I can stay informed about my progress (I think I paid $28 for a digital scale by Homedics at Wal-Mart and it measures up to 1/10 of a lb), being diligent about my food journal, drinking lots of water, and checking this message board frequently. I buy all my vitamins/minerals at local stores and have tried to pick up enough HNS when I am in to last until the next trip so I don't have to pay shipping.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #71  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Flax is how you get your Omega 3's (the kind you get from eating fish).
It's a benefit to you, as it helps to lower bad cholesterol, assists with heart function, and helps with blood pressure. It is also high in fiber.

Overall, it's pretty great.

Thank you so much for all your help Namaste, I guess I am a little scared that I will get in there and my WI is up...... I been doing what the diet says.. I just to be the old me again so bad I want this to work so bad!!! I guess we all do, Everyone here looks so dang good.... I am trying to do it one day at a time anyways come on time move move I am ready!!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:03 PM   #72  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hey ladies - just got back from WI and I'm happy to say I'm down another lb! I just can't get over what a good feeling it is to see that silly ol' scale move! I think that has been critical in keeping me OP. I'm afraid now to see a stall if I cheat! I've still got a ways to go - but I'm feeling better about myself everyday. I also finally broke down and got my hair colored yesterday - talk about looking younger! Not only does "fat" make you look older, but surprisingly enough so does gray roots!! Then of course they styled it (all hip and straight looking) and when I got home everyone of my boys told me how good I looked (all at different times - not together).
I also laughed about the conversations with the dog - funny stuff!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #73  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Hey ladies - just got back from WI and I'm happy to say I'm down another lb! I just can't get over what a good feeling it is to see that silly ol' scale move! I think that has been critical in keeping me OP. I'm afraid now to see a stall if I cheat! I've still got a ways to go - but I'm feeling better about myself everyday. I also finally broke down and got my hair colored yesterday - talk about looking younger! Not only does "fat" make you look older, but surprisingly enough so does gray roots!! Then of course they styled it (all hip and straight looking) and when I got home everyone of my boys told me how good I looked (all at different times - not together).
I also laughed about the conversations with the dog - funny stuff!
Congratulations!

Do not cheat! You can do it.

I love getting my hair colored.... Gray roots definitely do age ya! I hate them!!!! Those little boogers are satan!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #74  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I just had to change my picture to show my new bad self off! Lord know's I'll knew be able to style my hair like this again by myself!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #75  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
I just had to change my picture to show my new bad self off! Lord know's I'll knew be able to style my hair like this again by myself!
HOLY CRAP!!!!! You look AMAZING! Is there a way to whistle through this computer! WHOA! You are smokin'
Closed Thread