MRC - Take 23

You're on Page 7 of 32
Go to
  • WI today and (finally!) down 1.5 lbs. after no loss on Tuesday. But a loss is a loss and I'll take it.

Here's a new one for you...I was being pressured today to go back to buying the MRC vitamins because the counselor said the ones from Wal-mart or other stores "don't dissolve in your system, they just get flushed out". If that is the case, how come there hasn't been some consumer health alert about vitamins a long time ago??? I agree with some of the earlier posts where some of you thought some of the counselors make a lot of this stuff up.

Quote: I just had to change my picture to show my new bad self off! Lord know's I'll knew be able to style my hair like this again by myself!
    Wow! You look terrific. Bet your DH will be VERY pleased with your progress.

Quote: Just got back from 1ST WI and yes I am down 3pounds....whoooohoooo I feel so Good!!!!! 25 to go..... I am on the yellow menu now.... Thanks for the SUPPORT yall
    Way to go! That is a great start and already 10% of what you hope to lose.

Quote: Hi All! I have been MIA. I was on vacation in Florida for 10 days and have been very busy since I got back. Quick update. I ate terribly on vacation. Sometimes I was good but not usually. I did not take my vitamins or HNS. But I must have walked enough because I only gained 2 lbs. I WI today and lost 1. But even though I was at my goal I re - signed for another 10 weeks. I feel a lot better but I am not where I really want to be. My bodyfat % was still 33%. I have been getting lots of complements and that is giving me the strength and motivation to try and lose more.
    Sounds like you're "back in the saddle". Vacations can be the pits when you are trying to lose weight. That's where I got in my first cheats, which took two weeks to undue the damage.

Congrats to any of you I overlooked. Denise, I was on the 4:00 p.m. newscast, so you may not have it taped. I think it is posted on their website as well.

Judy
    Gma to 4
  • Mom I had to look at your name to see it was you, WOW, you look beautiful. Does your husband know that you are doing MRC? He's going to be shocked when he see's you, probably won't stop staring at you for hours. Can't wait to hear about his reaction. Thanks for updating your photo it has motivated me to be a better behaved MRC client.

Can someone tell me how to post the multiple photo's. I tried to add one at 7 weeks in and it replaced my original.
  • Pbolton1 – I actually like the lifestyle better in Nebraska, but the scenery from Florida. I’m from Washington State originally (military wife). Nebraska was the one place I never wanted to go – and this is the place where we fell in love with the people – go figure! Momofboys – WOW! You look great! I love your new photo. I can really see the weight loss in your face. So where did you go to get your hair done? I really miss Kai – have been putting off going in, but the gray is really starting to show. Maintainforlife – congratulations on your decision. We look forward to being your cheerleaders thelish – water, water and patience Just hang in there and don’t give in. My longest plateau (without going off plan) was almost 3 weeks, but then the weight drops fast. Definitely max out your HNS – that will help. What are the new protein flavors?? Jstuckly – CONGRATULATIONS!! That’s a wonderful first WI. WorkingARMom – welcome home. Now, we need a new picture of you – after 30 lbs, I bet we’ll see some changes.

I'm seeing some good movement in my personal scale, so I'm excited to WI tomorrow. Might be back even and may even get to sign the 90 lb board. Chugging the water today!
  • or maybe it didn't
  • Ok you guys! Congrats on all the losses! I Weighed in yesterday and hadnt lost anything. I bought a scale and started weighing my food so now I'm actually eating more than I was before. Now I'm not losing though I'm eating the proper amount of food. I'm feeling kind of upset because so much is going on right now and I slept in this morning so i didnt eat bfast til ten and for lunch i didnt have my vegetable and havent been eating on time and I just am feeling really discouraged. I dont have cravings or anything but I just dont feel like i'm doing as well as i should be.
    Any of you ever felt like this and what did you do to kinda get back on track?
  • OH and the before and after pictures are awesome!
  • Quote: In about 3 hr I am going for my 1st WI,,, Wish me luck, on the Vitamins I have the ones from the MRC and it is 3 pills 3 x a day, Could i just take a Womans once a day? 9 vitamins is killing me I cant stand them.... Anyways please let me know I have some GNC and would like to use them....
    I got the MRC vitamins as part of my intro pack, but once they were gone I used one-a-day or other multivitamins & lost just fine. Same with flax and the Total Woman - you can buy flax anywhere, and if you add some primrose oil (I think that's what's in it), it's the same thing as the Total Woman.
  • Quote: Hey ladies - just got back from WI and I'm happy to say I'm down another lb! I just can't get over what a good feeling it is to see that silly ol' scale move! I think that has been critical in keeping me OP. I'm afraid now to see a stall if I cheat! I've still got a ways to go - but I'm feeling better about myself everyday. I also finally broke down and got my hair colored yesterday - talk about looking younger! Not only does "fat" make you look older, but surprisingly enough so does gray roots!! Then of course they styled it (all hip and straight looking) and when I got home everyone of my boys told me how good I looked (all at different times - not together).
    I also laughed about the conversations with the dog - funny stuff!
    Love the new 'do - you're looking great! Your husband is gonna be one happy guy when he gets home!
  • Quote: So I'm having a plateau...it stinks. Any tips???
    Just stick with it - add an HNS if you can, up your exercise a bit (or start if you haven't been exercising), mix up your foods a bit if you've gotten in a rut. And remember that plateaus are normal - sometimes your body just has to slow down the loss on the scale to keep up with itself, but usually you're still losing inches even if you aren't losing lbs.
  • Quote: Mom I had to look at your name to see it was you, WOW, you look beautiful. Does your husband know that you are doing MRC? He's going to be shocked when he see's you, probably won't stop staring at you for hours. Can't wait to hear about his reaction. Thanks for updating your photo it has motivated me to be a better behaved MRC client.

Can someone tell me how to post the multiple photo's. I tried to add one at 7 weeks in and it replaced my original.
    I had to photoshop my before & after pics together into one pic. Don't ask me how I did it, because I don't know - just remember I was surprised that it worked!
  • Quote: Ok you guys! Congrats on all the losses! I Weighed in yesterday and hadnt lost anything. I bought a scale and started weighing my food so now I'm actually eating more than I was before. Now I'm not losing though I'm eating the proper amount of food. I'm feeling kind of upset because so much is going on right now and I slept in this morning so i didnt eat bfast til ten and for lunch i didnt have my vegetable and havent been eating on time and I just am feeling really discouraged. I dont have cravings or anything but I just dont feel like i'm doing as well as i should be.
    Any of you ever felt like this and what did you do to kinda get back on track?
    I think we've all felt like that at times. Just remember that plateaus are normal. You aren't a machine - some weeks you'll lose more than others. As long as you're following the program correctly you'll lose inches AND pounds. If you're skipping your veggies - well, then, you're right - you aren't doing as well as you should be so you won't lose as well as you could be Keep in mind that this is really a pretty low-calorie program, so if you skip parts of your meals you're really cheating yourself - you'll go into starvation mode & your body won't release the fat as quickly as it should. You can do this - start with your next meal (don't wait until tomorrow - tomorrow never gets here, y'know!)
  • Quote: So I'm having a plateau...it stinks. Any tips???
    Increase your HNS, have egg whites instead of whole eggs, eat more fish, change up your foods you've been eating because your body does get use to it all. Try MetaQuick. It's so frustrating, I know...but don't give up! You'll get thru this. We all plateau, it's part of the process.
    Quote: Hi All! I have been MIA. I was on vacation in Florida for 10 days and have been very busy since I got back. Quick update. I ate terribly on vacation. Sometimes I was good but not usually. I did not take my vitamins or HNS. But I must have walked enough because I only gained 2 lbs. I WI today and lost 1. But even though I was at my goal I re - signed for another 10 weeks. I feel a lot better but I am not where I really want to be. My bodyfat % was still 33%. I have been getting lots of complements and that is giving me the strength and motivation to try and lose more.

Congrats on all the losses! And all the hot pictures. I really missed the board while I was gone.

Welcome newbies! This is a great place.
    'Bout time you showed up! So, many of our old friends have disappeared... Welcome back!

I'm on my way to WI - hoping to see another loss. Got my fingers crossed for the 30 pound board!!!
  • [QUOTE=DKRiley;2275960]Mom I had to look at your name to see it was you, WOW, you look beautiful. Does your husband know that you are doing MRC? He's going to be shocked when he see's you, probably won't stop staring at you for hours. Can't wait to hear about his reaction. Thanks for updating your photo it has motivated me to be a better behaved MRC client.

QUOTE]

Thanks so much! No that's the best part - he doesn't know about MRC, although he knows I've been eating healthier. I sent him a head shot of me the other day and he commented on how thin my face looked...so he's probably wondering. When he left he threw out a challage to have our own "biggest loser" competition while he was gone - the winner would get a chunck of "prize $$" - I figure I HAVE to win it now....it'll have to cover the amount $$ I've spent on this program already!
  • maintainforlife
    I just ready your post and I am in San Diego as well!
    I started the program a few years back when I lived in FL and just loved it.
    When I moved to CA, I just used my old menu's and have been doing the program myself for a few months (down 20 pounds and 20 to go)
    I know its hard with the distance but on a side note, there is a center in SD named Costal Medical Center that sells the drinks. They do not have the MRC program, but do sell the drink with no Membership at a fairly decent price. There is one in PB, Escondido and Balboa Ave. The website is ww.coastalmedicalcenter.com. Good luck to you!
  • I think I figured out how to get multiple pictures in your profile (at least one way) I used power point and copied the photos onto a slide then selected all, copied and pasted into photo shop.