6 week trial?

• Can anyone tell me if they have a 6 week trial so you can see if you like it? I thought I had read online somewhre that there was one for $99, and if you decided to keep doing the program, they applied the $ towards the rest? My sister and I are going tomorrow for our consultation. I'm a little hesitant about it being low carb. Years ago we both did low carb, and then gained it all back Mindi
  • I honestly don't know. I have never heard of that and I'm not sure if they offer it or not. Let us know how your consultation goes. My center was very understanding and not pushy at my first meeting, but they only offered me the $298 plan for 17 weeks.

Yes, this plan is low-carb and of course you will gain weight back if you just start eating all high-carb foods again, but if you follow the plan and stick to the stailization and maintenance guidelines you should keep the weight off. This plan is forever, not just temporary. That's really the hardest thing to grasp! I'm having a hard time myself, believe me.

You can do it. You don't HAVE to do this plan, but if you do, and you follow the rules, you'll do great!
  • The plan is "low-carb" if you mean breads, cereals, potatos, etc. You don't get very many of those - a slice or two of light bread or melba toast a day. (Yeah, I know - melba toast sounds SO friggin appetizing...) However, you get TONS of happy little carbs like green veggies, some fruits and eventually, on about day 11, you do add back in good-for-you carbs like oatmeal and legumes. (Again, these sound as appetizing as melba toast, I know). The thing is, this program totally works. I have tried every stupid diet out there that was even reasonably safe (and some that weren't) and this is the only thing that (a) worked and (b) didn't make me feel like crap.
  • Quote: Can anyone tell me if they have a 6 week trial so you can see if you like it? I thought I had read online somewhre that there was one for $99, and if you decided to keep doing the program, they applied the $ towards the rest? My sister and I are going tomorrow for our consultation. I'm a little hesitant about it being low carb. Years ago we both did low carb, and then gained it all back Mindi
    I've never heard of a 6-week trial, but different centers have different special offers at times.

MRC is relatively low-carb, it's also low fat. And it works. But it's like any other weight loss program. If you go back to eating the way you did, you'll go back to weighing what you did. The good news is that once you get near your goal weight they'll start you on a stabilization program and then a maintenance program. You'll know how to eat to maintain your new weight. Whether or not you choose to follow it - well, that's up to you.

Good luck with your consultation & your decision.