Old 07-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/209/135

Height: 5'2"

Default New MRC'er

Hello to all...I am new to the forum and to MRC. I have only been on MRC for a month. I have only lost a few pounds, but have lost 34.5 inches. I got really discouraged by not losing any wait and went off the program for a week. I went back this week with a new commitment and found that I had gained 1.5 pounds. That is to be expected since I went off the program. However, I still felt it in my clothes so they did another measure and I had lost a total of 34.5 inches

I am so glad that this forum is here. I think it will really help. Does anyone have any words of advice for a "newbie"?

Last edited by tigerlady48; 07-12-2008 at 05:54 PM.
tigerlady48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #2  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Hello &
Congrats on the HUGE number of inches lost!! It is so easy to hung up on the scale--it's something that I struggle with as well. For me, I find it best not to weigh at home--otherwise, I get too focused on "that" number. And if you can tell a difference in your clothes, then you KNOW you are doing something right!
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #3  

Thank you...I hate scales! I really don't care what I weigh as long as I feel better, look better and can actually function without having to stop for a breathe and such!

Another thing is that I don't like a lot of foods on the plan and I don't like taking any type of pills...so that is not helping either...but I am!

Last edited by tigerlady48; 07-12-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:16 AM   #4  
here we go again

tigerlady48 - I don't look at the herbs and vits as pills I look at them as nuggets of nutrients--since they are natural and pack great nutrients in them--I don't know if that helps!! Sometimes if I look at things in a different way it helps me!!

The reciepes are great if your struggling with the foods it was a life saver for me!!! I really need variety
heartscry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 171/169/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry the scale isn't budging. Even when you've lost so many inches, it is hard not to see the numbers change. If you stick with the program, though, that stupid number will go down. (This is my second MRC rodeo. I blew it after my wedding...) Have you added exercise? That really helps me. Also, heartscry's suggestion that you get the cookbook is an excellent one. I didn't the first time - and boy, was I totally tired of baked chicken! And I didn't want to see steamed anything green for a looooong time. I have the cookbook now and I am actually excited about trying some of the recipes. Hang in there - and maybe go to your center an extra time every week. The ladies at mine always make me feel so much better about my progress, even if it is not what I wish it had been. Also, I hate pills, too, and other than my vitamins, I don't take any extras. (I don't do flax - I do oil, bc I've heard flax can interfere with estrogen production and I'm only 32.)
kimberj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #6  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberj View Post
(I don't do flax - I do oil, bc I've heard flax can interfere with estrogen production and I'm only 32.)
Where did you hear that? I recently switched from fish oil pills to flax oil pills because everyone talked about how great flax is. Now I'm a little concerned lol.

Ok I did some research and this is what I found:

Flax contains anti-inflammatory agents that also have
positive effects on depression, postpartum depression,
attention deficit disorder and even schizophrenia. We are
beginning to see why they are so popular.

A second major component, known as lignans, are chemical
compounds or phytoestrogens that act as a natural source
of female hormones and block some of the bad effects of
estrogen in the body such as estrogen-related breast and
uterine cancer. Many experts also believe they help with
menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes.

Sounds good to me... I couldn't find anything else.
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #7  

Thank you for you help! It really helps to know that there are others out there that have/are going thru the same things! I really like the online connection. It is a great thing for me.

I have gotten the cookbook and have tried a few things. Only like 2 out of the 5 that I have tried so far. Also found and error and asked my center about it, but they didn't know what to tell me on what to do with the recipe. I will keep trying...I am just a picky eater. I only like 9 things on the menu (on green) not kidding. And yes that includeds eggs, cottage cheese, cheese and bread. 6!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #8  

[I have gotten the cookbook and have tried a few things. Only like 2 out of the 5 that I have tried so far. Also found and error and asked my center about it, but they didn't know what to tell me on what to do with the recipe. I will keep trying...I am just a picky eater. I only like 9 things on the menu (on green) not kidding. And yes that includeds eggs, cottage cheese, cheese and bread. 6![/QUOTE]

Some of the classes in the program involved broadening your horizons, trying new things, being open to change & changing your attitudes in general. It has been a long time, so I don't remember the particular class, but we talked about learning to like more foods on the list. The challenge was to pick a food we don't care for (mine was brussels sprouts) and try them many different ways until we find a way we can eat it.

I don't eat them terribly often, but I do have some in my fridge now. I get a craving for them now on occassion.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote