Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/186/136

Height: 5'4"

Default Preconditioning stage...I need an evening snack

Can someone PLEASE help me....My husband and I are on day 3 of our preconditioning and I have had a headache for 3 days. We have both been doing really good sticking to the B/L/D menus. We haven't gone to Food Instruction yet (we are going on Friday). I'm not feeling like I can make it until Friday. Is there ANYTHING besides water that I can put into my mouth for an evening snack (other than cucumbers and green peppers).

If you have any suggestions....I would really appreciate it.

Becky
texascoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186/136

Height: 5'4"

Default Please help!

Is anybody out there????
I need some help.
does anyone have any helpful hints??
texascoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #3  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Well I'm not sure what they told you to eat for your pre-conditioning, but what my counselor told me went in one ear and out the other. I mean, I've been through so many diets and programs that I knew that this was my last week before 'slavery' so I used the week to get all my cravings out of me, and gained 2 lbs as a result.

Now I'm not saying to do that, but I don't think you should suffer, and I think you can probably relax a bit since you aren't technically on the program yet. Do you have something light you can eat? Like maybe a slice of toast, wheat, with a tiny bit of peanutbutter. Or maybe there is something in your fridge that you won't be able to have once you start, like yogurt?

The headaches are probably due to caffeine withdrawal, I think some people say to not cut out caffeine cold turkey but to make it gradual, by mixing half regular coffee and half decaf.

Good luck!
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #4  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I was told that I could have sugar free jello as well(this is ok while on plan so should be fine for you now) - maybe you could also try popcicles since you are actually on plan yet too. Good luck!
momofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Momofboys is right, sugar free jello is great.

another suggestion:
a granny smith apple with low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese. This is what fitness models will eat if they get hungry at night... it's low in GI so the energy burns slowly while you sleep and it doesn't get stored as fat.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221.5/200/160

Height: 5' 9"

Don't worry about getting headaches, it's pretty normal when you're on the program in the very beginning! Your body is just detoxing to get all the bad stuff out of your system! I had a headache the first week because of not having caffein... Give your center a call and ask for advice, the consultants all have good input!!
wogchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #7  
Cristine

S/C/G: 168/158/140

Height: 5'5"

I also had a screaming headache for three days- but on day four it cleared up. For me it was caffeine withdrawal. I guess the B vitamins help with that, but I didn't know that until day four.

I 'cheated' on pre-conditioning by eating a spoonful of peanut butter (the natural kind with no added sugar) when I needed a pick me up without much guilt. It's really good on raw celery and carrots and is very filling.

How are you doing? Hang in there- you can do it!!!
CountryMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #8  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by texascoffey View Post
Can someone PLEASE help me....My husband and I are on day 3 of our preconditioning and I have had a headache for 3 days. We have both been doing really good sticking to the B/L/D menus. We haven't gone to Food Instruction yet (we are going on Friday). I'm not feeling like I can make it until Friday. Is there ANYTHING besides water that I can put into my mouth for an evening snack (other than cucumbers and green peppers).

If you have any suggestions....I would really appreciate it.

Becky
If you've been decaffeinating yourself, that's probably the source of your headaches if you'd been using a lot of caffeine before. Drink LOTS of water.

This is the time to be weaning yourself away from your old food behaviors, so if you're a nighttime snacker, make them smaller every night until you do away with them. I never was allowed snacks on my weight-loss menus, although I think the beige menu (for over 200 lbs) might allow an afternoon snack. Hopefully by now you're doing better!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote