Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:25 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 243/243/120

Height: 5'5

[QUOTE=
Speaking of tortillas... I'm excited to hear someone was smart enough to call the company and have them shipped, and at a really good price too! What was that website again? [/QUOTE]

The website is www.tamxicos.com. They are made by a company called
La Bonita Ole Inc. Their phone number is 813-319-2252.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #467  

S/C/G: 243/243/120

Height: 5'5

Should we start a new thread since we are over 25 pages on this one?
Old 07-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 183.5/183.5/130.0

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMomma View Post
Momofboys- Thanks! And I have to tell you- I really enjoy your posts. You crack me up- great sense of humor!! Way to go on your weight loss- you've done so well and only been on the program for a little over a month. You should be so proud of yourself!
I have to agree, Momofboys is so inspirational. I am a beginner and all of the advice and stories from everyone is so helpful. I was put on a medication about a month ago and the Center won't let me do the program. I went to sign up and they said since they couldn't guarantee a loss then they couldn't sign me up. So I was looking for more product on line and I stumbled on this site. I have about 55 pouds to lose and a whole lot to gain. Even if it is harder with my medication - and this board is soooooo awesome. Everytime I went to cheat yesterday I would log on and look at all the success you all have had and I stuck to it.

Thanks so much. I will post as I learn more.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #469  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Does anyone know how many days one can be on meta quick?
7 days in a month.

You can do as many days at a time as you want, just not more than 7 total.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default lesson learned

Well, I finally learned a lesson today. One, I work well under pressure, and 2, why do I do this to myself!! To back up a little, I've been doing the plan this last week very half as@ed so to speak. Then, I ate out and ending up eating dessert with my husband on Sunday after church ( was given to us free for their mess up). Then, ate some of my son's Zebra cakes, and it was just down hill for there. So, come Monday morning, my scale is showing a 2 lbs gain. Which, knowing I have to weigh in Wedsnday, sends me into supper plan mode in order to get it off by weigh in. So today, thankfully, I actually ending up losing a lb this week, BUT, had I done what I should have done the WHOLE week, maybe I would have lost 3 or 4 lbs. Who knows. I'm not beating myself up, but it just made me realize that only I am holding my self back. That the sooner I stick to it like I should, then the sooner I will be where I want to be.
So, I promised my counselor not to look at my scale this week, which will KILL me, drink 4 HSN's a day to kick it into gear, and see how it goes, one day at a time!!!
Thanks for listening!!!
Back on track!!
Missy
Old 07-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #471  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by betcoleen View Post
I have to agree, Momofboys is so inspirational. I am a beginner and all of the advice and stories from everyone is so helpful. I was put on a medication about a month ago and the Center won't let me do the program. I went to sign up and they said since they couldn't guarantee a loss then they couldn't sign me up. So I was looking for more product on line and I stumbled on this site. I have about 55 pouds to lose and a whole lot to gain. Even if it is harder with my medication - and this board is soooooo awesome. Everytime I went to cheat yesterday I would log on and look at all the success you all have had and I stuck to it.

Thanks so much. I will post as I learn more.

Wow- thank you! I don't think I've ever been an inspiration to anyone - you really made my day! I'm sure you can make alot of heathy choices for yourself and add in some excercise - you will lose the weight! It just may talk a little longer - but don't give up! This site/thread is so wonderful - it has really, really helped me. I get the support, and encouragment I need - and the occasional kick in the butt when I need it too!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #472  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Well, I finally learned a lesson today. One, I work well under pressure, and 2, why do I do this to myself!! To back up a little, I've been doing the plan this last week very half as@ed so to speak. Then, I ate out and ending up eating dessert with my husband on Sunday after church ( was given to us free for their mess up). Then, ate some of my son's Zebra cakes, and it was just down hill for there. So, come Monday morning, my scale is showing a 2 lbs gain. Which, knowing I have to weigh in Wedsnday, sends me into supper plan mode in order to get it off by weigh in. So today, thankfully, I actually ending up losing a lb this week, BUT, had I done what I should have done the WHOLE week, maybe I would have lost 3 or 4 lbs. Who knows. I'm not beating myself up, but it just made me realize that only I am holding my self back. That the sooner I stick to it like I should, then the sooner I will be where I want to be.
So, I promised my counselor not to look at my scale this week, which will KILL me, drink 4 HSN's a day to kick it into gear, and see how it goes, one day at a time!!!
Thanks for listening!!!
Back on track!!
Missy

I know exactly how you feel! - I was doing the same thing, I'd have a little cheat (a couple oreo's) then vow to stay OP - next day I'd eat a little of something else I shouldn't have. I could manage to either stay the same weight, or lose a pound maybe.....but I finally said to myself - "Self - this is enough!" I got back OP and haven't strayed in 2 weeks and I've had a good, consistant loss. I KNOW this plan works - we just have to train ourselves how to behave a little better! Granted I can say this now - but when my hubby comes home in a few weeks I'll be back on here begging for help or asking for forgiveness!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #473  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

can someone please tell me what MQ is?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #474  
Sandy

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/148 to 151

Height: 5'4"

Default Laxative Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
I did try to make the ones in the book - but they were awful I thought. These are actually kinda sweet. And I really did find out about the laxative effect (but like you said, gas first)- but oh my - I really was hurting! My stomach was all kinds of upset at me! So I guess - you really can have too much of a good thing, huh? Live & learn I guess.

This has happened to me too! I love these things. They taste great and are sooo much easier than making them yourself. My son (3 years old) loves these too, but I have to hide them from him because yes, the laxative effect gets everyone! Not fun when you are potty training!
Here's a tip. I put them in a plastic zip top bag and keep in the freezer. They stay fresh forever this way. And try to limit yourself to 3 to 5 at a time - like after dinner as a dessert with coffee or a HNS hot chocolate.
Enjoy - just in moderation!

Last edited by auntsandyrules; 07-16-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: wrong smiley code
Old 07-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 203/170/138

Height: 5'4

Default tortilla's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
You are welcome..glad you can ship them. I love having 2 of them...and I make "chips" out of them also for a treat at dinner.

yeah!!! I am so glad the scale is moving again for you. You have been working so hard!!

I found their web site and have the contact info, and I've looked through many posts to get more info about the tortilla's, but I can't find the details. Can you tell me calories/fat/protein and serving size? I'm in Oregon so I would have to order as well.

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #476  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
That is SOOO exciting!!! You are a star! Don't forget us! haha!
You are too silly, it is just our little ol' local billboard here in the city. Don't worry, I can't forget my 3FC friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
can someone please tell me what MQ is?
Meta quick..it is the plan that you can follow for a total of 7 days a month..sorry I haven't ever done it, so don't know to much about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajill View Post
I found their web site and have the contact info, and I've looked through many posts to get more info about the tortilla's, but I can't find the details. Can you tell me calories/fat/protein and serving size? I'm in Oregon so I would have to order as well.

Thanks!
Here goes:
Serving size: 2 Tortillas
Calores: 50
Fat: 0.5 grams
Cholesterol: 0 grams
Sodium: 30 miligrams
Total Carbs minus fiber: 9 grams (net carbs)
Protein: 1 gram

Last edited by Goal4Life; 07-16-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #477  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

My favorite breakfast is a couple of pieces of Jennie O Extra Lean Turkey Bacon and toast, I'm NOT a breakfast person so this is lite enough and tasty enough to satisfy me. This has been approved by the center for being compliant.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #478  

Quote:
Wow- thank you! I don't think I've ever been an inspiration to anyone - you really made my day! I'm sure you can make alot of heathy choices for yourself and add in some excercise - you will lose the weight! It just may talk a little longer - but don't give up! This site/thread is so wonderful - it has really, really helped me. I get the support, and encouragment I need - and the occasional kick in the butt when I need it too!
Thanks so much. You are right about the exercise piece. I have a Pilates reformer that I bought 3 years ago and I need to climb back on it. I will keep posting and reading. It has helped me so far.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #479  

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Congratulations! You're right - you'll definitely want to have a scale for stabilization & maintenance. (I always weighed at home - helped me learn what does & doesn't work for me & what unexpected things - like medications - can affect my weight.)
If I am doing the program on my own due to the center not allowing me because of medications. Totally understandable. When would you weigh? What time of day and how often?
Old 07-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #480  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

thelish started a new thread - come on over to take 23!
Closed Thread