3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

MRC - Take 22

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #91
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

HI everyone! It has been too long since I have been here... It's nice to see familiar faces - and a lot of new faces!! I have been mostly on plan, but with no losses because of my off plan choices. I didn't realize how much I needed this board!!!

I am starting over again this week, and taking it one day at a time. Going to go to weigh in tomorrow morning and will update ticker & info then. It's good to be back and see all the encouragement!! Thanks for keepin' on!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #92
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hi everyone - just got back from my WI. I'm the same weight as last Friday, I guess I'm happy I didn't gain due to all my poor food choices! They measured me today as well (I'm pretty much done with TOM - but figured it still might make my measurements off a bit??) anyhow - I'm down a total of 11.5 inches! I'm pretty happy about that as well. I tried to talk to them about my cravings and suggestions and was disappointed quite honestly. I don't feel like I got much "help" from them. She told me to "stick OP for 2 days and the cravings will go away" - !!!??? Gee, why didn't I think of that?!! UUUGGGHH!
On a side note - my center just got in some creamy tomatoe! Not that I've ever used it - but interesting all the same if someone else was told they stopped making it.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #93
Em

S/C/G: 170/142/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightnow View Post
HI everyone! It has been too long since I have been here... It's nice to see familiar faces - and a lot of new faces!! I have been mostly on plan, but with no losses because of my off plan choices. I didn't realize how much I needed this board!!!

I am starting over again this week, and taking it one day at a time. Going to go to weigh in tomorrow morning and will update ticker & info then. It's good to be back and see all the encouragement!! Thanks for keepin' on!
Welcome back!

MRC Repeat offender First time - 2006 Lost 33 lbs - 170 to 137.

Currently:

Old 07-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #94
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

meemo- Is the walmart Hoodia the same as mrc? Do you know the name?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #95
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Ok question... has anyone ever NOT cheated once being on this program?

The one thing that seems to drag me down, every week, is being so super tired at work. Last week is was a starbucks coffee with vanilla creamer, and now, today, it was a bag of pretzels (AND earlier I had a small cup of coffee with sugar free hot cocoa 'cause I forgot my cocoa creamy hns ppppplllllffffftttttttt). How does pretzels keep you awake you wonder? Well I'm not sure either, but it's what I used to do to keep myself awake at work - snack snack snack. And it seemed to do the trick this time as well. Except now I feel guilty. But, it really is my fault for not getting enough sleep last night. You can still have Starbucks..just get decaf, and a shot of sugarfree vanilla syrup, ask for non dairy creamer(yes I know..not MRC friendly, but I have used creamer since the beginning, and told my counselor, if I wasn't losing and followed everything to a tee but that, I would stop, but it never slowed me down..I only use it sparingly, just to add a little lightness to my coffee) and use a Splenda..you will feel like you are cheating..sometimes instead of the sugar free vanilla, I get the sugarfree mocha syrup..Starbuck's makes their money on their fraps and specialty drinks, they don't really advertise their healthy stuff, but if you ask, they all have it hope that helps.

I'm just thinking to myself... is this diet too restrictive? Is this why it's such a struggle to stay 100% on track? If I'm not successful, do I blame myself or do I blame the program? find healthy alternatives to the foods you are missing, and figuare out which meal you can eat those alternatives with, you won't feel so deprived. I learned variety is what keeps you going..sometimes getting stuck in the same ol'same ol' food pattern can be discouraging.

*sigh*
I can honestly say that I have never strayed from plan. When I joined MRC in Oct..I made a vow to myself that I was going to allow change in my life, that I obviously wasn't doing something right. I vowed to give them (the plan) my all for the original 17 weeks that I joined. I told myself that if I was going to spend this kind of money, that I was going to just listen to them and follow it. Well, my weight flew off, and honestly after about 2 months of being on program, I had NO cravings left. Then, the more I saw my body and weight changing, I was more charged to keep going. If I ever had a cringe of ..I want xxxx food...I would step away, and ask myself, "do you really want that food or is it just because it is there?" ... I never really wanted the food.
I do MRC as simple as I can...I don't use ANY of their supplements (to expensive)...I buy my flax, calcium, b combo, and multivitamin at Walmart. I said to myself if I ever slow down, maybe I will try one of the other supplements they suggest, but I never had too. I only buy the HNS and protein bars from them. Before stabilization, I used my minimum daily HNS, if I noticed a slow down, I upped to my max HNS for 1 or 2 weeks to get me out of the slump. Honestly, I have never felt better, my body can handle great workouts now, I don't get winded going up stairs, and my mind is loving the way I look and feel. Don't get discouraged..find what works for you. I really had to come to terms with myself, I truly think food was an addiction for me. I used it for everything...happy...sad..stressed...excited...tir ed..bored..etc etc. I had to re-evaluate myself on everything, and to this day (and I am sure for life) I plan my food daily, I give myself a minimum of 10 mins to do an uninterrupted activity daily(I have a puppy, husband, and 2 elementary aged boys so uninterrupted is hard to come by in my house, but is a must!), I treat myself with no food related treats at least 1 time a month(manicures, pedicures, sale rack items, outtings with freinds etc), I keep my "before" picture on my bedroom mirror (to remind me of where I was, and that I don't want to go back there). Be patient with yourself, it didn't take you 17 weeks to gain all your weight, so really don't expect yourself to lose it all in 17 weeks. If you fall, pick yourself up, dust off, and re-committ to your goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Melinda I tried the 40 cal snack toast. Man they are good! I got blueberry, but now I have to try them all. Thanks for the heads up. What do you do to get all of this top secret info out of our counselors?
Aren't those great??!! My boys even love 'em!
The ladies just love me LOL Just kidding, I think because I ask questions, and voice myself...and am always asking for alternatives/choices/changes!
OHHH...gotta share a recipe that should've dawned on me ages ago..that one of the traveling girls shared with me....Take a concentrate, mix with 6-8 ounces of water, and pour into those plastic popsicle tupperware (Walmart sells them), you can eat your HNS as a popsicle...tell me that isn't great for this southern GA heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Well ladies - I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your support. You guys have actually brought me to tears tonight - thankyou. I managed to stay OP all day and plan to end my night with a "rootbeer float" - I've been tempted to stray, but managed to stay strong. I'll be going in tomorrow to
WI - wish me luck!

Goal4Life - Thank you - I haven't been planning out my meals for the whole day. Well in my head I have, but I do think preping the stuff would also make a difference. And I completely forgot about the meringue cookies...can I really have them anytime? Do you get your protein bars from MRC?
Yes I buy the bars from MRC, Yes you can have the meringue cookies anytime you like. Prepping is key for me, and i like MEEMO's idea about pre-writing down what you are going to eat.

thelish - You have an interesting thought - what does craving sweets mean...am I missing my hubby and need a hug? - I also crave salty stuff alot?? The gum is something I forgot about too - thanks I'll be trying that.
food is a drug..we go to it when we want something, really try to think about it before putting the food in your mouth, and I bet you can come up with a better alternative than that piece of chocolate or bag of chips. Oh I have a chip recipe(use with dinner) (and you can use sea salt for the salt) cut up 1 tortilla with pizza cutter into 6-8 sections, spray with Pam, and sprinkle sea salt on them..bake on 350 for about 10 mins or until slightly crispy...cool on cooling rack (they will crisp up more as they cool)..YUMMO, and you WILL feel like you are cheating!

Strawberry - I'm with ya girl - I am beginning to think this is too restrictive too, maybe that is why I keep losing my mind and eating things I know I shouldn't be eating - it's seriously like I can't control myself. I'm hoping this is just a speed bump for us and we'll be able to move past it and be successful like so many on the board have been! Keep moving past the speed bumps...if you give it a chance, MRC really does work. Again, I had to really committ to the changes, and tell myself that I deserved to be a healthy and thinner version of me.

GradSchool - What a great thought! I love the idea of being able to look forward to something like eating out again! I think that is alot of my problem - nothing to look forward too, especially on the weekends. Before I would look forward to going out to dinner or having a glass of wine or something. Now my hubby is out of the country till the 1st of Aug, and I just hang out with my boys. I love them all dearly, but mom doesn't want to play video games with them usually! I really think I'll give the Applebee's thing a try - thanks for the advice!
Definately find a good restaraunt, that has good on plan choices for you, and give yourself the treat of going! You will have a night off of cooking, and feel like you aren't giving up anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightnow View Post

Welcome Back!!

Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization

Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...

Last edited by Goal4Life : 07-02-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #96
Bringin' Sexy Back

Ok all, I officially lost 2 more pounds since Friday, and I began my 1st stabilization menu on Monday! I couldn't believe it, and still can't!!

Seriously, if you would have told me 8 1/2 months ago, that I would be standing where I am today, I totally would have laughed at you, and told you that you were on drugs. Kinda what I told my first counselor when I joined. LOL She actually brought that to my attention today when I was weighing in. I had to laugh, because it was true. I definately know the road is not paved just because I hit goal. I know it is going to take just as much work, if not more, to keep this weight off for life. But you know what, that is something that I can acutally picture myself doing now. In the past, I would lose 20 pounds, maybe even 40 at times, but never did I learn the impact that food had over me until MRC. I always regained and then some. Food has become nourishment for me, not a comfort or friend, as it used to be. I love that I have learned to control myself, and to learn what foods my body can have, and what foods I can't have. You know, I don't think I really miss any of my old friends (brownies, pizza, fast food, alfredo, and list could go on), those friends didn't get me anywhere but to a size 24 and they made me so unhappy, they drained the life from me. Now, I am better off without them, my life is healthier, happier, and fuller than it has ever been.
This thread is wonderful, I think I would have been much weaker through the beginning without all of you wondeful ladies (and the 1 gent), who stuck with me, and kept encouraging me to go on. Denise, you are instrumental in this, as we began together, and our vows to ourselves similar! Darren, you are my HERO!! Enough said on that one! Gina, your words always so well spoken, helped shed light many times on me. Meemo..your forwardness, and your knowledge..AWESOME!!...Bonnie, you have been there trucking along side of me also, I love the transformation you have taken on, and the support you give...oh so many others, please don't think I don't appreciate you all! Thank you for being there and continuing to encourage me daily!

Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...

Last edited by Goal4Life : 07-02-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #97
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Hi everyone - just got back from my WI. I'm the same weight as last Friday, I guess I'm happy I didn't gain due to all my poor food choices! They measured me today as well (I'm pretty much done with TOM - but figured it still might make my measurements off a bit??) anyhow - I'm down a total of 11.5 inches! I'm pretty happy about that as well. I tried to talk to them about my cravings and suggestions and was disappointed quite honestly. I don't feel like I got much "help" from them. She told me to "stick OP for 2 days and the cravings will go away" - !!!??? Gee, why didn't I think of that?!! UUUGGGHH!
On a side note - my center just got in some creamy tomatoe! Not that I've ever used it - but interesting all the same if someone else was told they stopped making it.
Sometimes the counselors don't realize that they need to give us more information! Find a favorite 1 or 2, and try to go in on their scheduled days.
Doesn't it feel good to know that you lost that many inches?! Great job! Now you can saddle up, and get back on plan. Try some new on plan foods, you can go online and get a ton of low cal/low carb recipes, and modify them to MRC style...try a new veggie..something to kick you out of the rut. I always find that trying new foods and textures keeps my body guessing. Drink your water, and it will help flush you out and get you started in the right direction again.
I think the creamy tomato is being discontinued, the Metabolic distributing plant is probably "cleaning closets" just getting rid of it all. I think you can still by it on some of the other websites that folks list previously after MRC is out of their supply.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #98
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Wow...MRC has it's own thread page now...I knew it would happen eventually.
Great to see you Sam! I've missed you! Please stop by when you have your baby and share some pics! We'd love to see them!

Started Stabilization February 28th, 2009 at 170lbs

Total loss: 185lbs!

My blog:

it is what it is

NAMASTE
I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me... we are One.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #99
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
The bars are meal replacements. I rarely use them as I find that I am still hungry. It was a great disappointment to learn that they weren't between meal snacks
I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that if you have one for breakfast, that's all you have but if you have one for lunch or dinner, you still have to have your vegetable.
Thanks! All of this info before I begin is a huge help to me! I want all my ducks in a row before I take the plunge on July 19. That seems like such a long time from now, but I need to recondition my body to not crave the sweets and carbs as much as I am eating now. Hopefully, it will help the "shock factor"!

I am trying to eat pretty balanced meals and not go more than 5 hours without eating. Any other suggestions?
Old 07-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #100
Shannon

Quote:
11.5 inches??? WOW! That is fantastic! You haven't been on plan that long, have you? You are inspiring me to start!
Old 07-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #101
Crystal

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Goodmorning all, Happy Hump Day!!

Blue eyed- I was wondering if you are still on the hoodia/green tea pills and if they are working for you? I ran out of the mrc hoodia and was needing a replacment does ANYONE have any ideas?

Welcome to all the Newbies your gonna LOVE it here!
This past weekend I switched back to the enhancer I had bought from the center just to confuse my body some. I had some left & I just kinda wanted to get rid of it too.

However, I lost 9 inches last month... That's during the time I was taking the Sea Thin & Hoodia/Green Tea combo!!!

Curious to see what my loss will be for July...

(I know the closer I get to goal, the slower I lose...but, I'm still just half way there so there's plenty of time to actually compare the 2 results.)

1st MRC Diet: 3/8/08
Inches Lost: 52 Pounds Lost: 31
2nd Try: 12/24/13 I Did It Once, I'll Do It Again

:
Old 07-02-2008, 05:49 PM   #102

Blue- I have a new ody of the enhancer also but i am nervous about taking it i used to have anxiety issues so i hate to take anything that might make me feel jittery ..can you tell me how it makes you feel?

Actually if anyone else is taking the enhancer and can help that would be appreciated! I might be able to save some money and just try and take what i have..thanks!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #103

A new BOTTLE of the enhancer is what i was trying to say,,,lol
Old 07-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #104
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

So I had a little mini-meltdown yesterday.... after I posted that rant about eating the pretzels, I stopped at McDonalds on the way home. I wasn't hungry and I really didn't have a craving, I was just mad and tired and frustrated. 40 minutes later I thought it would be best to talk to someone about it, so I called the center to make sure they had someone I could talk to... there is this one guy that works there that I feel like I do not get enough support from so I did not want to see him. Luckily the same girl that signed me up was there so I told them I was going to be arriving 10 minutes before closing time to see her.

So I get there and I tell her my frustrations - the 3 days I'm off I'm fine, but as soon as I get to work I crash and burn. She helped me with some solutions to help me get through the days that I work - liquid minerals for energy, the fiber drinks for feeling full, and soy crisps for when I want to munch on something in-between meals.

I was very happy after I had talked to her, I felt like I was not a failure and that I CAN do this. And then when I weighed I was the same, but my stomach was full of a hamburger happy meal, coke, a Take 5 McFlurry and lots of water lol.

OH and I figured out why they haven't stuck me up on the 10 pound board yet - although I was at 206 when I started the program, I was at 204 the day I signed up with them, so they are counting 204 as my start weight.

So today I am back on track full force, and the fiber and liquid minerals are helping. I'm trucking along nicely again and I'm happy! I was even able to pass up Pizza Hut today, and Pizza Hut is one of my favorites. And I don't feel guilty about eating the McDonalds. I refuse to beat myself up over it!!

Peace out my weight losing friends, now I'm going to go back and catch up on the posts!!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #105
Shannon

I have another quick question about the supplements. I am sorry for all of the Q's, but I don't get to go to my orientation until July 18! Okay, I am taking the All Day Weight Loss, Flax Seed, MRC6, and Total Woman. Which one would be the "enhancer"? Also, it says to take before meals. How far in advance do I need to take them?

Thanks again for all f your help! This is such a great forum for all of my questions!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.