3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

MRC - Take 22

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #61
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Hey everyone! I'm so happy to hear about the great losses - keep it up!

I'm really getting discouraged with myself and need some advice or a kick in the butt - you decide. I'm on day 18 and I'm seriously stuggling with snacking OP with sweets, candy, cookies, etc. I started TOM last Friday, and and nearly done - but I've been stuggling for about 2 weeks now, so I don't think it really due to TOM is it? I'll start off my day OP and do really well till late afternoon or evening. I'm taking 3 or 4 HNS a day to include a creamy at night to help with my cravings. I'm taking the pills - but I did run out of corti-thin yesterday - but taking the enhancer which is suppose to help with cravings right? I'm getting so discouraged with myself cause I figure if after spending all this money on a plan and I still can't stick to it why bother?! I'm just shooting myself in the foot. I' really try to take it "one meal at a time" but that doesn't seem to make a difference for me. I'm afraid to go to the center for WI since I know the scale will show me "up" and I know it'll be due to me eating OP. Then I'll confess all my sins, and they'll tell me all the things I should be doing....blah, blah, blah......I would just give up and quit if it weren't for all the money I've invested with MRC already.
Sorry for the sob story - but it's not like I can talk to anyone else about all this stuff.
Mom, I responded to Rocki a page or 2 back about the sabatoging. Some ideas I use to help me. Something that may help you is planning your entire day for all meals. I find that if I plan what I am going to eat, and have it all ready to be cooked (chop up the veggies and fruit etc), then I stick to it better. As for sweets...in the beginning, I would cut up 1 protein bar into 10 pieces, and keep it in a baggie in my desk or in my purse...if I was having a weak moment, I would take just 1 little piece of the bar. It seemed to always satisfy me..I usualy did this with the chocolate peanut butter bars or the mint chocolate bars, that way I felt like I was indugling. The cook book has a recipe for merinang cookies, that you can basically eat whenever, you could make up a batch of those, and keep in a tupperware for easy access.

Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization

Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...
Old 07-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #62

S/C/G: 216/206.6/165

Height: 5'5

So I've been out of town for a few days and just don't think I have the strength to catch up! I'll try better this week, I realized today I have really come to depend on the board. It helps to know that there are others out their going through the same things.

momofboys - hold in there, I know you can do it. One thought with the cravings, its actually something my consultant told me but I''ve found it to be true. Think about whats under the craving and try to meet that in another way. For instance for me, craving indulgent foods (chocolate, rich things) means I'm feeling deprived. Solution do something to spoil myself thats not food related, pedicure, bath, etc. When I'm craving crunchy foods it usually kind of pent up stress and exercise works well. Also, sugarfree gum is a savior sometimes!!! You can do it don't give up!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #63
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Ok question... has anyone ever NOT cheated once being on this program?

The one thing that seems to drag me down, every week, is being so super tired at work. Last week is was a starbucks coffee with vanilla creamer, and now, today, it was a bag of pretzels (AND earlier I had a small cup of coffee with sugar free hot cocoa 'cause I forgot my cocoa creamy hns ppppplllllffffftttttttt). How does pretzels keep you awake you wonder? Well I'm not sure either, but it's what I used to do to keep myself awake at work - snack snack snack. And it seemed to do the trick this time as well. Except now I feel guilty. But, it really is my fault for not getting enough sleep last night.

I'm just thinking to myself... is this diet too restrictive? Is this why it's such a struggle to stay 100% on track? If I'm not successful, do I blame myself or do I blame the program?

*sigh*
Old 07-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #64
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Melinda I tried the 40 cal snack toast. Man they are good! I got blueberry, but now I have to try them all. Thanks for the heads up. What do you do to get all of this top secret info out of our counselors?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #65
Crystal

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Crystal, Did you do anything special to stop the back and forth gain loss of that lb. I did Metaquick last week and dropped 2.5 after 2 weeks on plateau and then TOM came and upped me 4lbs. I'm growing discouraged because I have not seen even remotely close to the losses I saw in the first 10 days or so and now seem to be bouncing. I am going to try metaquick again starting today, maybe that will get something going at least between now and next TOM.
Actually, the only thing I did was start taking liquid minerals 2x a day... Don't know if that REALLY did it...but, that was the only thing different. I've never done the metaquick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
By the way 3 more pounds everyone and the 30 pound board is MINE!! I hope i get through the 4th ok so i can sign that board on monday!! Wish me luck
That's MY goal too!!! Let's DO IT!

1st MRC Diet: 3/8/08
Inches Lost: 52 Pounds Lost: 31
2nd Try: 12/24/13 I Did It Once, I'll Do It Again

:

Last edited by blueyedangel : 07-01-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #66

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

DKRiley - Are you getting enough water? When you mentioned gaining 4 lbs with TOM, I could hear Meemo saying, "Water, water, water!" I seriously doubt you've consumed an extra 14,000 calories.

My trainer told me today that the average person needs to half their body weight and consume that many ounces of water a day. He also said if you are exercising, you need a full ounce for each lb you weigh. I think with this diet, the standard is around 100 ounces, but I've seen where some are having more, some a little less. Also, don't forget that a lot of the weight that came off quickly when you first started was probably water weight and now you're in the down and dirty phase of actually burning fat. Hang in there. Don't give up! Today is Day 50 for me, and I now have a big stack of clothes sitting on a chair waiting to be packed up because they no longer fit, but I really haven't posted scale-busting numbers.

momofboys - One thing that has really helped me fight cravings during the week is having an on-plan meal that I consider a treat! Almost every Friday I go to Applebee's and have a sirloin with steamed veggies and a salad. I really look forward to this outing, and I consider it my reward for eating all the eggs and fish during the week and preparing all the veggies and--this is the most painful thing about this diet--having to clean my kitchen three times a day after preparing three meals a day. Sometimes I even go to Applebee's by myself for this outing because it is that important to my week.

Rocki - I'm so glad you had such a good meeting with your favorite counselor! Don't waste any time beating yourself up for not wanting to see the other counselor. It's a drain on you, and it isn't productive. I second Goal4Life - see if you can find 10 or 20 minutes a day for yourself. It makes a huge difference.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Ok question... has anyone ever NOT cheated once being on this program?

The one thing that seems to drag me down, every week, is being so super tired at work. Last week is was a starbucks coffee with vanilla creamer, and now, today, it was a bag of pretzels (AND earlier I had a small cup of coffee with sugar free hot cocoa 'cause I forgot my cocoa creamy hns ppppplllllffffftttttttt). How does pretzels keep you awake you wonder? Well I'm not sure either, but it's what I used to do to keep myself awake at work - snack snack snack. And it seemed to do the trick this time as well. Except now I feel guilty. But, it really is my fault for not getting enough sleep last night.

I'm just thinking to myself... is this diet too restrictive? Is this why it's such a struggle to stay 100% on track? If I'm not successful, do I blame myself or do I blame the program?

*sigh*
I had a Coke Zero today. Shhh...Don't tell anybody! I read on an earlier thread that this is not one of the on-plan sodas, but I am on my fourth day of a draining project, and I really needed a little buzz. I've tried to drink enough water to compensate for the sodium.

When I'm not sneaking prohibited caffeinated beverages from the vending machine, I have found that a crispy, cold Diet Hansen's soda or one of the sparkling strawberry waters from Wal-Mart helps perk me up a bit. Where you work, are you chained to your desk? It really helps me if I can get up and wander the halls for 10 minutes and say hey to a handful of people. When doing this, however, it is important to steer clear of the offices with candy dishes.

My biggest challenge right now is that I'm losing interest in eating. (I know...doesn't sound so bad, does it?) I'm really having to make myself pull together everything I'm supposed to have, such as the vegetables or the fruit or the starch. It's like I've gotten really lazy and I'm content with just the protein. I seriously think I'm just tired of cleaning up the kitchen.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #68
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Vonda, Glad you're here, isn't this place just the best!!!

dkm - Thanks for the advice, I have only done 3 days Metaquick and she said I could have 7 days per month, the Crab that I purchased is acceptable, YEA since I paid $6 for a 6oz can simply for the purpose of variety so that's on tonights menu. I was discouraged until I saw my favorite councelor today. We did the WI - 166 so I was up a lb but the Tanita showed I was retaining water and the best part I had a 5lb total fat loss since June 13th. YEA!!! I'm happy with that since I am not the most perfect OP follower. I have lost a total of 20.25 inches (let's not forget that quarter of an inch). I feel much better about my efforts now, however I need to focus more on how this plan has changed my life in the way that I feel. I don't feel sick every day and at every meal, I don't hurt like I did every morning when I rise. It's been 5 weeks today and the drastic changes I have made I feel very good about that. My goal this week is to focus more on the positive changes that I feel and see no matter how small or blurred they may be by the numbers on the scale.

Congrats to you all for all the progress and as always thanks so much for being here.

Bye Bye
Old 07-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #69
Dixie

Crystal, I started making sure I got my liquid minerals in and I can surely tell the difference in how I feel, especially when I am tired. Nice pick me up for sure.

Grad School - I drink 10-14 cups of water a day, do you think that is suffcient? I never EVER drank water before I started this plan, it was coffee and tea only.

Bye Bye
Old 07-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #70

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

Rocki, sorry you are having a rough time sounds like you got one terrific counsler. I have one I have to talk to when I get to feeling real down. But I always take out pictures of myself when i weighed 24to 250 and say do I really want to go back to looking like that. I have been tempted so many times especially at Christman and Valentines day I really love choclate candy so many times when I have been at the store I will look at the candy smell it then (takes a ton of will power) and put it back down.
Well this is my fourth day on stabalization I am doing real good so far.
I tried angel food cake today and sliced 3/4 cup of strawberries on top . I mix my vanilla creamy with 1/2 can of diet strawberry soda and made it creamy poured it over the cake and strawberries it was good. I am only going to have this once a week. I still can't believe I can have a1 1/2 inch cube of angel food cake.

Melanie
Old 07-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #71

Quote:
Grad School - I drink 10-14 cups of water a day, do you think that is suffcient? I never EVER drank water before I started this plan, it was coffee and tea only.
Good for you! I thought it was a particularly hard transition from a diet soda based diet to a water diet. You are getting 80-112 ounces a day, assuming you're drinking full 8 oz cups of water. That sounds like a good amount of water to me. I try to shoot for three one-liter bottles (96 oz) of water throughout the day and pick up an extra 20 ounces here or there. Have you found the decaffinated green tea? It's a bit of an acquired taste, and I wouldn't consider it a substitute for water, but I love it.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #72
Dixie

Rocki, I can so relate, my husband is always making the comment "It's not just a job it's a way of life" It is really, my job that is, I was awakened at 4:30am Sunday to address issues, and yet here I am after working all day, still working yet tonight. It's very demanding, seems there is no time for me. All I can tell you is that it's just a job and there is only so much you can do. Take care of yourself first.

Bye Bye
Old 07-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #73
Dixie

Grad. I drink bottled water which is 16 oz per. and I shoot for 6 a day, that is my goal so if I exceed then yea!!! I have found that if I hit a bottle of water sitting bedside inbetween snooze alarm that I feel better and I drink more, it's just a new lesson and one I hope to continue. I just have to keep in mind that I see me every day and so maybe I don't see it as clear as it is. I did buy new pants last friday I bought 13 jr. I really needed the 11jr as the 13 was way too big. That should tell me something since I was a ladies 14/16 there really is a difference I just need to think positive not beat myself up and go with it. My DH see's it and 20 inches is something I should notice not sure why I hesitate at that seeing that.

Bye Bye
Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #74
Em

S/C/G: 170/142/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Wow...MRC has it's own thread page now...I knew it would happen eventually.

For those who remember me, I'm still pregnant. I know it really only feels that way. Baby is growing well and moving and kicking all over the place. I won't talk about how much weight I have put on, but lets just say that I know how I got to my original weight now...it's called "eat whatever you want, whenever you want". I know how to take it back off, right? I am searching high and low for my copy of the breastfeeding menu...thats what I'll go on once Baby is born...I might have to go back in and get it. I have 4 months of plan left, still paid for. I don't know what I'll do after that, probably go it alone...or just with you all anyway...I don't think our new one-income lifestyle will afford MRC. We'll see when we get there.

Just wanted to stop in a say hi. Stay positive. I felt great on MRC and it made my pregnancy possible!! Love seeing all the new names.
Good to hear from you Sam - can't wait to see pics of that baby when he/she makes her appearance!

MRC Repeat offender First time - 2006 Lost 33 lbs - 170 to 137.

Currently:

Old 07-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #75
Em

S/C/G: 170/142/137

Quote:
Crystal, Did you do anything special to stop the back and forth gain loss of that lb. I did Metaquick last week and dropped 2.5 after 2 weeks on plateau and then TOM came and upped me 4lbs. I'm growing discouraged because I have not seen even remotely close to the losses I saw in the first 10 days or so and now seem to be bouncing. I am going to try metaquick again starting today, maybe that will get something going at least between now and next TOM.
Don't be stressing over PMS lbs - they're just water. They'll leave when TOM does (he's polite that way - taking his uninvited visitors with him). Don't overdo the Metaquick - some centers don't even recommend doing it at all. (I never heard of it until it came up here on these boards because my center is one that doesn't recommend it.) Drink a little extra water during TOM, stick with the program & the water will go & take some fat with it. If you don't exercise, it's a good time to start - if you do, maybe you can add a little extra. And don't stress - stress = water retention!

MRC Repeat offender First time - 2006 Lost 33 lbs - 170 to 137.

Currently:

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.