MRC - Take 22

You're on Page 3 of 33
Go to
  • NoahTall: Thanks! I kinda figured I did that wrong.

Melinda: Don't worry about stabilization. It will be a breeze. At least you already know what foods to stay away from which is HUGE in my book. I will be looking to you for advice.

Congrats to all losers.

Rocki: Starting over may be a good idea. I think you can really do it. You have come so far, and you have the goal looking right at you. I know how you feel though. The last few weeks my weight loss has been slow. Last week was only one pound. I'm thinking of doing metaquick also to see if it will jumpstart things again. The 2 meal plan was a no go because I was always so hungry and I couldn't stand eating all of that food for breakfast. Rededicate and let's get those last few off.
  • Quote: Good morning all, just a quick check in befor lunch as of this morning i am down another pound which puts me at 217! Hope everyone is doing good i will ck back after lunch.
    That's great!!!

Quote: Back from WI. Down 1 lb. Signed the 30 lb board. And actually made the goal weight that we initially set when I signed. But I am not quite ready to say I am done. Went shopping yesterday and bought size 10 pants. Really happy about that. I do not know when the last time was that I could wear a 10.
    Congrats on signing the 30 lb board! WHOO-HOO SIZE 10 That's awesome!
  • Quote: Try doing cauliflower that way - Steam of boil cauliflower until it is VERY soft (20 - 30 minutes). Put it in a strainer or a sieve and mash as much of the water out as possible. You can add cloves of garlic if you want. Mash them up like potatoes. (This is a low-carb recipe, of course you can use cream & butter when you're low-carbing, but some ICBINB or Molly McButter could substitute.)
    Thanks! I'll give it a try - it sounds like I'd enjoy it!
  • Wow...MRC has it's own thread page now...I knew it would happen eventually.

For those who remember me, I'm still pregnant. I know it really only feels that way. Baby is growing well and moving and kicking all over the place. I won't talk about how much weight I have put on, but lets just say that I know how I got to my original weight now...it's called "eat whatever you want, whenever you want". I know how to take it back off, right? I am searching high and low for my copy of the breastfeeding menu...thats what I'll go on once Baby is born...I might have to go back in and get it. I have 4 months of plan left, still paid for. I don't know what I'll do after that, probably go it alone...or just with you all anyway...I don't think our new one-income lifestyle will afford MRC. We'll see when we get there.

Just wanted to stop in a say hi. Stay positive. I felt great on MRC and it made my pregnancy possible!! Love seeing all the new names.
  • YAY!!! Just have a minute, but wanted to share that I FINALLY quit my "1 pound back-and-forth" plateau or whatever it was... Today at WI I lost 2.5 pounds! I really want that 30 pound board by the 4th.

My contract is up on the 4th. I'm pretty sure I will resign. I thought about trying to do this myself, since I have the tools...but think maybe I'll do better with a few cheerleaders and some accountability. And, I was thinking of lowering my goal to 135... Just trying to decide what to do - really tight with money right now...

Congrats to all the losers who posted...I saw several of you out there!!!
  • [QUOTE=momofboys;2247370]Ok - Strawberry, I too made the spaghetti squash tonight for supper for the first time. I know what you mean by it tasting "crunchy" - it was soft and stuff, but had a slight crunch when I ate it - not like a bad thing, or it's not done thing - just "crunchy". Oh - did you also know if you try to microwave the squash whole it will explode and maybe even blow your microwave door open? - I found that out this evening too - my 5yr old son was super impressed with that. I walked out of the kitchen and heard a noise, and I then hear my son yelling "MOM - YOU GOTTA COME SEE THIS!!" I swear I followed the directions of the little sticker that was stuck on the outside of the thing. But seeing how the thing blew up I was pretty sure it was done. Terrible to be nearly 40 and know nothing about vegtables!![/QUOTE

What a hoot - I can just picture it - you had me laughing out loud!!
  • Quote: Hi, everyone-

That squash story cracked me up. If it makes you feel any better, I once started my microwave on fire cooking chicken in it...melted a hole right through the bottom.

Quick question- do any of you have recommendations for caffeine withdrawal? I started the pre-conditioning diet and have been drinking my decaf coffee, but ended up in bed for two hours yesterday with a splitting headache. I've been taking motrin, but it hasn't been doing much.

Thanks!
    The brutal headaches will only last for 3-4 days. The first couple of days, I took a single excedrin - helps with both the headache and the cause and eased me out of my cafffiene addiction! Good luck!
  • Hey Sam! Good to hear from you. Glad to hear too that the pregnancy is moving along nicely for you. Can't wait for you to come on and post pictures!
  • Hey all... I just did my 2nd food class...so I'm on day 6. Now I'm down 4lbs!!! And I realized on the way to the store today (a random as a thought as me just posting this) I've been taking 1 to many HSN's each day. Oops.
  • Quote: Hey all... I just did my 2nd food class...so I'm on day 6. Now I'm down 4lbs!!! And I realized on the way to the store today (a random as a thought as me just posting this) I've been taking 1 to many HSN's each day. Oops.
    Congratulations on your 4 pounds! You are off to a great start!
  • Quote: Hi, everyone-

That squash story cracked me up. If it makes you feel any better, I once started my microwave on fire cooking chicken in it...melted a hole right through the bottom.

Quick question- do any of you have recommendations for caffeine withdrawal? I started the pre-conditioning diet and have been drinking my decaf coffee, but ended up in bed for two hours yesterday with a splitting headache. I've been taking motrin, but it hasn't been doing much.

Thanks!
    Water, water, water! And instead of going cold turkey, you can gradually reduce the amount of caffeine you're getting by mixing decaf & regular coffee about half & half, then gradually reducing the amount of regular every couple of days until it's all decaf. No reason to make yourself miserable going cold turkey unless you really enjoy the misery!
  • Quote:
    Rocki: Starting over may be a good idea. I think you can really do it. You have come so far, and you have the goal looking right at you. I know how you feel though. The last few weeks my weight loss has been slow. Last week was only one pound. I'm thinking of doing metaquick also to see if it will jumpstart things again. The 2 meal plan was a no go because I was always so hungry and I couldn't stand eating all of that food for breakfast. Rededicate and let's get those last few off.
    Remember that the closer you get to goal, the slower the weight comes off. The less you weigh, the closer you are to the "break even" point between calories in/calories out. Just hang in there, tho - they'll come off eventually.
  • YAY Sam! Nice to hear from you .... so glad the pregnancy is going well -- and only 59 days to go! Can't wait to see photos of the new little one this fall! And yes, you know what to do ... but I sure wouldn't worry about it now! Just enjoy being pregnant and the happy anticipation of your new little one!

Diana -- I'm so happy for you, you've really got it going! What do you think made you turn the corner?
  • Quote: YAY!!! Just have a minute, but wanted to share that I FINALLY quit my "1 pound back-and-forth" plateau or whatever it was... Today at WI I lost 2.5 pounds! I really want that 30 pound board by the 4th.
    Yea!!! That's terrific, Crystal!
  • Quote: Back from WI. Down 1 lb. Signed the 30 lb board. And actually made the goal weight that we initially set when I signed. But I am not quite ready to say I am done. Went shopping yesterday and bought size 10 pants. Really happy about that. I do not know when the last time was that I could wear a 10.
    Look at you, girl! How exciting to be buying a size 10! And congrats on making your original goal weight!