Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #226  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

SKINNY= Thanks for the response i actually still have not given it a try but was planning on it so thank you!

SHENANIGAN- I have not tryed the mrc vit i take the womens one aday, but that is very interesting info i am curious to hear everyone elses response.

AUNT SANDY- Thanks for the info on the meta-quick i am gonna check with my center because i do not have a green menu i currently use the beige, please let me know how you do whenever you start it , Thanks!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #227  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

Default The Bikini Dilema

Rocki-I did jump in to the bikini a few weeks ago at Disneyworld. I'm at goal, but still don't like how my belly and thighs look. My counselor told me that even when we reach goal our bodies are not done "moving things around" and that it takes a full year for our bodies to reshape. Thus the problems we women have with getting rid of that last little bit around our lower sections. Also, on stabilization they have you add excercise while your adding new foods. I have been going to the gym alot anyway and talked to a personal trainer that said the same thing as my mrc counselor. It takes 6-12 months for our bodies to reshape after big weight loss so don't give up the excercise when you get to goal.

Bottom line (no pun intended) it's gonna take a while. Ugh!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #228  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

Default Meta Quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
i am gonna check with my center because i do not have a green menu i currently use the beige, please let me know how you do whenever you start it , Thanks!
I think you can use the beige menu for you dinner, just keep to the lean meats and not the limited ones. My counselor said it's best to eat your veggies raw at dinner and make sure you get the full 8 oz of them, also I have had better luck ditching the bars and just having 2 shakes (1breakfast, 1lunch). The other thing is you have to drink all of your HNS that you are allowed-I think it's 5 on the beige menu. Everybody reacts to metaquick differently and it was really hard for me to stick with it more than 3 days at a time.

Good Luck!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:21 PM   #229  
Cristine

S/C/G: 168/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Shenanigan- I had the same problem with the MRC multi vitamin when I first started taking it. I thought maybe I had an allergy to it. However, I've been taking it now for about a week and a half and those symptoms are going away. It was a long and nasty week and a half, though! One of the things that really seemed to help was the Triphala, which is the MRC internal cleanser. I started taking that last Friday. Can't see much evidence that it's "cleansing" anything, but at least the bloating/gas have gone away.

Different subject. Funny thing- I lost more weight on the pre-conditioning diet than I am on the Yellow menu. I think I've actually gained a pound or two since Sunday. Typical- my system's so messed up that things that work for everyone else don't work for me. Did anyone else have that problem?

Good luck!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #230  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Gma 2 4 - I'm so glad you're back! I missed seeing you the last few weeks. How is the tornado fund coming? Congrats, also, on the 30 lb board. That's big!

Personal update - I am totally in awe of everyone on this board who is living the MRC lifestyle with a family. I've been home six nights now, and it has been a humongous challenge to follow this diet!
Stuck in grad school: It's good to be back! Seems like the month of June was just a blur. I worked 23 straight days on the tornado relief efforts, then luckily took a 5 day trip to California to meet up with my maid of honor. I hadn't seen her in 37 years, and we had a great time. The tornado relief fund has now raised over half a million dollars and we've distributed over $163,000 in the first month. It seems to be making a difference for those impacted.

Sounds like you've done the best you could with the food situation at home. I'll bet once you get back into the school routine, things will be easier. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Hi everyone

I went to the MRC cooking class Monday night. It was my first time going. I wish I could have gone to more. Our consultant cooked up some delicious cajun chichen with grilled zucchini 'fries'. I had a "Namaste" siting She looks fabulous! Seeing her also makes me feel a little guilty for not posting here like I use to. You all know how inspiring Namaste is here, well guess what, she has been chosen to lead a Peer Inspiration class at our center (Greeley) Tuesday July 21st at 5:30. I know she would love to have all of you attend it you can. I will definitely be there! Hope GMA to 4 can make it.
Donuts: As soon as I read your post, I called the center and signed up for Denise's class. I haven't had time to attend many of the classes, but don't want to miss this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Hey Guys,
I am back from my cruise and it was WONDERFUL! I have missed the board, and I want to tell you all about it, but I just have a minute to post now, as I am behind with all the work in my graduate classes and have a 10 page mid-term due by midnight tonight!!!!uggh I will try to catch up on reading the posts after I get my work done!
Sunflower: Sounds like a terrific trip. I'm glad you had a chance to take a break from school and had such a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntsandyrules View Post
Hello Ladies (and a few gentlemen)- I have been a constant lurker on this board, but since I have hit a brick wall, I feel maybe I should become active and you all could help.
[/B]
Sandy
Sandy: Welcome to the 30 lb board! Wish I could give you some advice on how to lose more weight, but I'm one of those who is losing at the rate of about 2 lbs a week. Sure hope some other posters can offer some hints.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 07-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #231  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
You know the 6 lbs in one week is WAY not normal for me. I've also been losing the same 4-5 lbs for the last 3 weeks! UGH! I looked at my chart at home last night and realized I've only lost 3 lbs since June 18. So, needless to say, I'm right there with you on "re-losing" the same weight. Oh, it's so frustrating this self-sabotage thing. I need to average 2.73 lbs per week for the next 6 weeks to get to 120 by my b-day August 16. And even though we KNOW that's not a hard average to maintain, it's much easier said than done, esp since I went out and bought ice cream last night!

I've been teetering at 166-168 since June 21... I hate this! What's up with us???

I did manage to relose a pound at WI today. And, another 5 inches... But, I need to get out of the 160's, been here too long! Aaarrgggghh! My birthday is July 25 and I desperately need to be into the 150's by then.

You share your birthday with my middle son! He will be 9.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 07-08-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #232  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
Hi everybody so good to hear from you Darren, you and Denise and GoalforLife have really been my inspiration for a long time. I am going through Stabilization right now and I am worrrying about adding in the extra foods. I added in my extra fruit this week. My wieght is fluxuating right now hopefully it will be okay Friday when I weigh in.
Darren did you lower you HNS I am only drinking two a day now? I drink them in between meals.
I think GIGI is in Korea I think she had to go over there for field work.
Melanie
Melonie, First off, a big congrats on making it to stabilization. This can be an exciting, but sometimes frightening part of the MRC program. I know I experienced a little fear as I ventured away from the comfort of the structured weight loss portion of the MRC program. Don't worry too much, you will get a lot of support during the stabilization phase. They will monitor how carb sensitive you are. You usually taper completely off HNS during stabilization before you go on to maintenance. I don't use any HNS, but currently use whey protein for my extra protein needs to feed my hungry muscles for weight training. Good Luck!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:46 AM   #233  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

gma to 4, I look forward to seeing you at the peer inspiration class. I forgot to congratulate you on your huge milestone of 30 pounds. I know it's been slow going to get where you are. A lot of people would have given up, so I commend you for sticking to the program.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #234  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

I finished my midterm and have been trying to catch up on all the posts I missed while on vacation.......ya'll sure have been talkative.LOL

I got back on plan yesterday, but it was a little harder than I had anticipated. I did have some cravings, but I didn't give in! I ended up having all 5 HNS and 2 fiberfill....but it got me through. I plan to go WI at the center tomorrow. I wanted to give myself a couple of days to get back on plan before I go!

There have been some great losses while I was away.....congrats!!

Great to see all the new faces too....Welcome!

Where are some of the "oldies? Namaste, Shineon, Angie, JewelieK, ????
Old 07-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #235  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Hi everyone
I went to the MRC cooking class Monday night. It was my first time going. I wish I could have gone to more. Our consultant cooked up some delicious cajun chichen with grilled zucchini 'fries'. I had a "Namaste" siting She looks fabulous! Seeing her also makes me feel a little guilty for not posting here like I use to. You all know how inspiring Namaste is here, well guess what, she has been chosen to lead a Peer Inspiration class at our center (Greeley) Tuesday July 21st at 5:30. I know she would love to have all of you attend it you can. I will definitely be there! Hope GMA to 4 can make it.
You are the inspirational one.....! And it was so great to have dinner (ok, a piece of zucchini and chicken) with you!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #236  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I finished my midterm and have been trying to catch up on all the posts I missed while on vacation.......ya'll sure have been talkative.LOL
Where are some of the "oldies? Namaste, Shineon, Angie, JewelieK, ????
Here I am! You must have called me in with that post!

Welcome back from vacation and congrats on finishing that midterm!!! Yikes! You are a busy lady!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #237  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Donuts: As soon as I read your post, I called the center and signed up for Denise's class. I haven't had time to attend many of the classes, but don't want to miss this one!

Judy
Gma to 4[/COLOR]
Hi Judy!!! Oh gosh... no pressure there. I'm really kind of nervous about doing this peer inspiration. I hope I don't let you down! Can't wait to meet you in person though!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #238  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
Rocki-I did jump in to the bikini a few weeks ago at Disneyworld. I'm at goal, but still don't like how my belly and thighs look.
Bottom line (no pun intended) it's gonna take a while. Ugh!
I'm super impressed about the bikini comment!!! So!!! I would take that as a HUGE victory!!!! Congrats! I bet you looked great!

And the "bottom line" comment was still funny.... no pun intended.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #239  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
Hi everybody so good to hear from you Darren, you and Denise and GoalforLife have really been my inspiration for a long time. I am going through Stabilization right now and I am worrrying about adding in the extra foods. I added in my extra fruit this week. My wieght is fluxuating right now hopefully it will be okay Friday when I weigh in.
Darren did you lower you HNS I am only drinking two a day now? I drink them in between meals.
I think GIGI is in Korea I think she had to go over there for field work.
Melanie
Melanie

Congrats on stabilization! I know this can be a scaring time, I'm sure. I have no doubt when I get there, I will have the same concerns. Darren's advice is sound and use your center during this time.... that's what they are there for! And, use us!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #240  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntsandyrules View Post
Yesterday I finally hit the 30 pound board (Yeah! But it was hard to get there - 3 weeks worth of only 1/2 pound losses!) My problem is this:
My program is over on August 1st. That is 3 weeks and I still have 20 pounds to go!!!! My average loss has only been 2.25 pounds per week. At that rate, I will still be 13 pounds from my goal at the end of this program. I need help and advice on how to drop more weight!!! Please help.Sandy
Sandy

Congrats on hitting that 30lb board!!!! WHOA!

First, I would say.... don't stress about the weightloss and getting to that number by August 1st. I know when I stress, I don't lose. I plateau. Second, how much are you exercising? Finally, can you give an example of what you ate in a day? Could you be taking in things with a lot of sodium? You are still losing over 2lbs a week and that is great.... you may need to consider where you are at when the date get's closer and see if it's worth it to you to resign for additional weeks. You could also try Metaquick if your center offers it. Just some options.
Closed Thread