Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #136  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I hope everyone has a happy 4th! I am realizing I really am becoming dependent on this board! I am also realizing that I am in need of this diet change. My preconditioning isn't going too well. I can't decide if it is because I know I have a few weeks and I am trying to get it all in before it is taken away from me. No will power whatsoever this week. Keep posting and I'll keep reading! You all are inspiring me. I can't wait to get my ticker going.
I used my pre-conditioning week to get everything out of my system and I gained 2 lbs! I went to my first class on Friday and she told us to wait until Monday to start, but since I had taken the whole week off I couldn't wait so I started that next day.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:39 AM   #137  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Mine doesn't offer free weeks either that I know of - and I was wondering if the fee was the same across the line as well. I thought I'd read somewhere that some of you weren't paying as much as others?? I had to pay $298 for 17 weeks! It wasn't like they gave me a 10 or 12 wk price/plan - what does it cost to resign?
When I signed she told me that if I averaged 2-3 lbs a week then I should hit my goal weight on (insert date here) -- I don't have the paperwork with me but I thought it was some time in October -- and I also paid $298. I started June 7.... I'll have to go back and check my paperwork to see if I am also signed for 17 weeks. Wouldn't that be interesting if that is the set amount of time they use for everyone, but make it look like they are tailoring it to just you?

Stuckingradschool, Meemo, thelish, momofboys, goal4life - thank you all for your words of wisdom and helping me through my little speed bump... I don't know what I would do without you all! I've been pleasantly surprised at how well the liquid minerals has helped to give me that boost of energy I need, in the mornings and also sometimes in the afternoon. And as long as I'm not tired -- which leads to being frustrated, then upset, then stressed, then reaching for the bad stuff -- then I am able to stay on plan no problems.

Happy Independence Day!!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:41 AM   #138  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
I used my pre-conditioning week to get everything out of my system and I gained 2 lbs! I went to my first class on Friday and she told us to wait until Monday to start, but since I had taken the whole week off I couldn't wait so I started that next day.
That sounds like the consensus. I need to not go too overboard. I have 2 weeks! Does anyone think I can do this while on a business trip? I will be gone for 5 days! Or should I just suck it up and wait until the 18th? I can do a lot of damage in 2 weeks.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #139  
Shannon

Okay, I just got on the scale "for kicks" and I lost 5.5 pounds by not eating right? Are the supplements that powerful? I don't feel 5 pounds lighter and my clothes are not any looser.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #140  
Cristine

S/C/G: 168/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Shenanigan-

Maybe the combination of the extra water and the supplements has increased your metabolism? And maybe you've been eating a little better than you realize...keeping track just makes us VERY aware of what we're putting in our mouths. So, even 'cheats' seem big, whereas before we probably wouldn't have thought much of them...

Just a thought.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #141  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone. Forgot to check in yesterday (kind of a crazy last day of the work week thing).

Good news first. I WI yesterday and was down 5.5 lbs since Monday! OMG! I was so excited. I knew I had lost b/c I've been very careful since Monday, but I was really psyched to see it show up so well on the scale. I'll go again tomorrow AM and if I lose again I win a week and if I buy drinks I win 1 more week. So, I'll have 2 more weeks to add to my program which will get me to the end of July (July 29 to be exact). I only have 11.5 lbs to lose for my new MRC goal of 125 and I think I'd like to get to 120, so that's still only 16.5 lbs. I'm excited to be back on track and feeling a bit better.

For those who are in stabilization already..Are your bodies looking how you'd like them to? I'm only 16 lbs from my lowest goal and my belly (lower and upper) are still very rolly-polly. I'm really worried that even after the next 16 lbs I'll still have these rolls. I know I need to work out and I HAVE been exercising more, but how do I get rid of these rolls? It's bad enough that I have the battle scars from pregnancy (stretch marks), but I have the rolls that make the stretch marks look all the worse, plus my upper/inner thighs are still really flabby too. Suggestions, anyone??? PLEASE!!!

Now a little insight on my work stresses for those that are interested. My husband and I own our own business. It relies mainly on residential building and construction in general. Therefore, things are VERY slow. We're down from 15 employees to 9 and that includes me, dh and the other woman in the office who is very part-time. I know someone mentioned how there is only so much you can do about work and you can't stress over it too much and I completely agree with that. However, in my case (and probably others here) it's a little easier said than done b/c we're not only responsible for ourselves and OUR families' livelihood, we're also responsible for several others who've worked for this company for years. Of course I can't stress every day over what the employees will do if something happens to our business, but it's hard not to think about stuff like that when things are so slow and there's no end in sight. That's why I've been so stressed lately. I think that's my sngle biggest stressor. My children are a handful, don't get me wrong b/c there are days I can't bear them b/c it's so hard, but work and our business possibly failing is what keeps me up at night sometimes.

Thank you all for your kind words after my post on Monday. Thanks to those who PMd me (sorry I didn't get back to you personally yet) and for those that posted suggestions. I REALLY appreciate everything!!

Hope everyone had a great 4th. I'm drinking some diet tea b/c I haven't had a good "movement" in several days and need to make sure I get one before WI tomorrow . Even taken 3 flax and 4 internal cleanser at bedtime did NOTHING for my bowels! I know, WAY TMI, but I need to go darnit! UGH!

Last edited by Rocki; 07-04-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
For those who are in stabilization already..Are your bodies looking how you'd like them to? I'm only 16 lbs from my lowest goal and my belly (lower and upper) are still very rolly-polly. I'm really worried that even after the next 16 lbs I'll still have these rolls. I know I need to work out and I HAVE been exercising more, but how do I get rid of these rolls? It's bad enough that I have the battle scars from pregnancy (stretch marks), but I have the rolls that make the stretch marks look all the worse, plus my upper/inner thighs are still really flabby too. Suggestions, anyone??? PLEASE!!!
I found a DVD at Half Price Books a couple of weeks ago that seems to be doing wonders for my thighs and my upper body. I don't think I'm going to get as toned with it as I'd like, but I would definitely recommend it. Unfortunately, I'm at my folks' house 280 miles away from my DVD, so I can't get a specific title for you. It is by Leslie Sansone (I like her stuff because she is safe--you'd have to work pretty hard at getting hurt doing one of her fitness workouts), and I believe it is called Walk Strong and is part of her Weight Loss Series. Basically, it's a 30 minute in-home walking video and every three minutes you stop and grab 2-3 lb weights and do 3 minutes of strength training, which involves modified squats and some arm work. If you've been walking regularly, you are probably up to doing this video. My tush and my thighs have had a healthy burn in the days after I've used this DVD, and I think I've lost some serious inches since I've added this particular DVD to my collection. When I was home at Father's Day, no one seemed to notice that I'd lost 20 lbs. When I got home this time, EVERYONE, including my mom's housekeeper, mentioned that I looked great! I can't really tell that it is doing anything for my tummy, though.

In other news, I may have undid that looking great today. My mom is handicapped and not up to hosting events, but my Dad and I hosted a small Fourth of July cookout anyway. We did great with having plenty of fresh veggies and fruit available, which is a victory in itself because that probably would not have been a part of previous cookouts, but I think I ate my weight in tortilla chips and salsa, thereby consuming enough salt to be a rich woman in pre-Renaissance Europe. And I was so worn out from spending a day standing on a tile floor prepping and hosting that I could not resist a bourbon and coke when everyone finally left. I did a great job of bouncing back from my day off MRC on Father's Day, so please send good wishes my way for similar success this time around. Thankfully our next "event" isn't until the end of August.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:16 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
When I signed she told me that if I averaged 2-3 lbs a week then I should hit my goal weight on (insert date here) -- I don't have the paperwork with me but I thought it was some time in October -- and I also paid $298. I started June 7.... I'll have to go back and check my paperwork to see if I am also signed for 17 weeks. Wouldn't that be interesting if that is the set amount of time they use for everyone, but make it look like they are tailoring it to just you?
I think you hit the nail on the head. When I first called and had an initial consult with one of the centers in Texas, the consultant said, "I believe we can get that off of you in 17 weeks." Anyway, since we don't have a center where I live, I am a mail order client. I don't remember what the sign up fee was, but I have a year on my contract because "mail order clients do not get as much support as regular clients." As a mail order client, I'm supposed to get a weekly phone call. Sometimes that happens and sometimes it doesn't. I'm content to hang with you guys, though.

Since I'm in town, though, I was able to run in yesterday, and I was given the green menu, which was exciting! I also bought some of the vanilla pudding and was able to try the rootbeer float everyone has been raving about. Even my dad enjoyed it. I'm still a little mystified by this Tanita machine because it doesn't show that my body fat is decreasing, and I know it has to be because I can feel muscle where there has been no muscle sitings in a while and I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in years. The lbs are coming off, and the machine indicates that I'm gaining muscle, so I can't explain how we have that much play in the fat loss numbers.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #144  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Rocki: Congrats on the 5.5 lb loss...that is incredible, but I know how determined you are. You should be jumping up and down with your success!

I'm with you on the jiggly thighs and tummy. I use a treadmill and do hand weights and sit ups, but nothing seems to be firming up in those two areas. But my calves look great. Still, I'd like to tighten up those two spots.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 07-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #145  
Shannon

Thanks CountryMomma! That makes sense.Also, I weighed on their scale on Monday and my scale yesterday, so who knows. I need to be sure to come home and weigh after my WI so I can see the difference in the scales.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #146  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Hey everyone. Forgot to check in yesterday (kind of a crazy last day of the work week thing).

Good news first. I WI yesterday and was down 5.5 lbs since Monday! OMG! I was so excited. I knew I had lost b/c I've been very careful since Monday, but I was really psyched to see it show up so well on the scale. I'll go again tomorrow AM and if I lose again I win a week and if I buy drinks I win 1 more week. So, I'll have 2 more weeks to add to my program which will get me to the end of July (July 29 to be exact). I only have 11.5 lbs to lose for my new MRC goal of 125 and I think I'd like to get to 120, so that's still only 16.5 lbs. I'm excited to be back on track and feeling a bit better.

Now a little insight on my work stresses for those that are interested. My husband and I own our own business. It relies mainly on residential building and construction in general. Therefore, things are VERY slow. We're down from 15 employees to 9 and that includes me, dh and the other woman in the office who is very part-time. I know someone mentioned how there is only so much you can do about work and you can't stress over it too much and I completely agree with that. However, in my case (and probably others here) it's a little easier said than done b/c we're not only responsible for ourselves and OUR families' livelihood, we're also responsible for several others who've worked for this company for years. Of course I can't stress every day over what the employees will do if something happens to our business, but it's hard not to think about stuff like that when things are so slow and there's no end in sight. That's why I've been so stressed lately. I think that's my sngle biggest stressor. My children are a handful, don't get me wrong b/c there are days I can't bear them b/c it's so hard, but work and our business possibly failing is what keeps me up at night sometimes.

Thank you all for your kind words after my post on Monday. Thanks to those who PMd me (sorry I didn't get back to you personally yet) and for those that posted suggestions. I REALLY appreciate everything!!

Hope everyone had a great 4th. I'm drinking some diet tea b/c I haven't had a good "movement" in several days and need to make sure I get one before WI tomorrow . Even taken 3 flax and 4 internal cleanser at bedtime did NOTHING for my bowels! I know, WAY TMI, but I need to go darnit! UGH!
Congrats on the 5.5 down, Rocki!

The only recommendation I have for your rolypoly issues really is exercise - if you aren't already, start doing some weights. The muscle you build will help burn fat. Maybe something like Pilates, too, to help your stomach muscles. But you'll need to burn off the fat to let the muscles show. No, my body doesn't look like I'd like it too - I'm predisposed genetically to having a belly, and being menopausal doesn't help. I've never had a flat belly EVER, and at this stage of my life I never will. Not to mention that years of yo-yoing has really done a number on my skin - it's a little stretched out. But it still looks better than it used to!

Couple of at-home recommendations for workout videos - for weights, look for Joyce Vedral's "Bottoms Up" - specifically for women, uses just light weights in a specific order that maximizes results. I have her book but I know there's a video out there too. If you have Netflix some of her videos are on there & you can check them out & see if you like them before buying.

Also an oldie-but-goodie. Callanetics - if you can find it, it's a great combination of yoga, Pilates & overall floor work. Lots of stretching, it's my all-time favorite. Her voice is annoying, even tho we're both Georgia gals, but I do love her workout. Hard to find on DVD, tho.

Last edited by Meemo; 07-05-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #147  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head. When I first called and had an initial consult with one of the centers in Texas, the consultant said, "I believe we can get that off of you in 17 weeks." Anyway, since we don't have a center where I live, I am a mail order client. I don't remember what the sign up fee was, but I have a year on my contract because "mail order clients do not get as much support as regular clients." As a mail order client, I'm supposed to get a weekly phone call. Sometimes that happens and sometimes it doesn't. I'm content to hang with you guys, though.

Since I'm in town, though, I was able to run in yesterday, and I was given the green menu, which was exciting! I also bought some of the vanilla pudding and was able to try the rootbeer float everyone has been raving about. Even my dad enjoyed it. I'm still a little mystified by this Tanita machine because it doesn't show that my body fat is decreasing, and I know it has to be because I can feel muscle where there has been no muscle sitings in a while and I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in years. The lbs are coming off, and the machine indicates that I'm gaining muscle, so I can't explain how we have that much play in the fat loss numbers.
I take what the Tanita says with a grain of salt - it can be affected by a lot of things like how much water you're retaining & lots of other things that I can't remember right now. I'd go with what your instincts are telling you
Old 07-05-2008, 04:38 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Hey Everyone!! I've been MIA for the last week, but I have been catching up on everyone's postings. My mother-in-law is in town from South Dakota visiting. Our son turned 5 on Thursday, and we've been on vacation at Jekyll Island. Haven't been OP, but have tried to eat healthy for the most part and got lots of swimming in. Think I've only gained a lb, but this has re-enforced to me that I really want to get rid of this weight. SO, anyhoo, I've made a vow to myself that starting tomorrow morning, I'm back OP. Thanks everyone for their support. I love coming here and reading everyone's ups and downs. It's like a little family!!
Without all of ya'll, I know I wouldn't have done as well as I have thus far!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #149  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Rocki: WOW--down 5.5!! That is AWESOME and should really get you motivated. Congrats!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #150  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Update on today. WI and stayed the same. No biggie since it was just 2 days, but I really hoped I would have lost a 1/2 lb at least to get the free week. They said I could go in Monday and WI again so I still have a chance at the free weeks (extra week with drink purchase). We ate dinner out tonight so I took the fat/carb blocker b/c they had nothing on the menu that was totally OP and since I only had a bar for lunch I was pretty hungry. I ate a grilled chicken breast, salad (vinaigrette on the side) and I did have some plantains and a couple of real potato chips (off of my dd's meal). I had one taste of chocolate cake and that was enough. I drank water and had 3 HNS plus a fiber fill today. I'm taking the dieter's tea tonight and tomorrow night to hopefully get me back on "schedule" in that area. We're going to lunch tomorrow and I'm hoping the place has turkey burgers or salads b/c it's a place well known for their burgers. I'll WI again first thing Monday AM. I hope to lose at least a 1/2 lb. Wish me luck.

Thanks for the advice on the belly flab. I really need to get some more exercise in. I'm gonna buy a good Yoga ball for the bedroom and we're getting the Wii for my b-day in August and I want to get the Wii Fit (when I can find one) to go with it.
Closed Thread