Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 07:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 264.5/258.9/150

Height: 5 '4'

snflrgrl1962-Great job! I am so excitied for you. I can't wait to go on vacation in feb. and wear a swim suit and not worry about it so much.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:02 PM   #32  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Great job! When they do the first set of measurements, it will really start to sink in. When I first started losing, I wouldn't allow myself to get too excited because I figured it was just water weight. I started to cry when they did my first set of measurements and I realized that this was really happening! Now, just mentally brace yourself for the 7 - 10 day plateau. Remember, you're still losing, your body will start inflating the collapsed fat cells with water before it allows you to flush them out. It usually freaks everyone out. Just stay true to the plan and you start seeing big results again. Great job!!

I'm doing the same thing I think - afraid to really let myself "enjoy" this loss. I really hope I see some missing inches when the time comes to measure again - that really will make it seem more real. And thanks for reminding me about the plateau.....I'll really try to keep that in mind, I may even write it down on my calendar.

I really want to thank everyone again for all the support. I just know I wouldn't be able to do this without these boards. Especially right now - I want to talk to my hubby about all this stuff, but since I'm trying to surprise him with my "new self" I can't. This place really is addictive - I find myself on the computer alot more often now, just reading everyones post - and smiling.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #33  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Hello all...

Just got back from WI and a recheck with the Dr. I was down another 2.4 lbs. for the week. I am now at 47.4 lbs. total. I am so happy about the loss. We stayed with some friends over the weekend and I had trouble staying on plan. However, I got right back OP Monday. The Dr. was very impressed with my weight loss, blood pressure (no more BP medication....YEAH!!!!), heart and lungs, blood glucose levels, and inches lost. That made me feel good to know that I am getting healthier!

So I had a great NSV over the weekend. It has always been my dream to learn to scuba dive, but I was always too afraid to do it because I was soooooo big and had health problems (BP and borderline diabetic). I was afraid there wouldn't be a wetsuit big enough to fit me and that when I went to the class they would laugh and tell me I was too overweight to dive. But I DID IT this weekend! I didn't have any problems and didn't feel too selfconcious in the wetsuit. I actually wasn't the biggest person there and I fit into an XL wetsuit. We are going to Aruba and Curacao in two weeks and I GET TO DIVE there!! I can't believe it! I wouldn't have even thought about doing it 47 lbs ago!

WOW! YOU are phenominal! 47 pounds already! You go girl!!! And, scuba diving? You're so brave - I'd be scared to death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Just checking in. Congrats on the losses. I WI today for a 2lb loss. That puts me at 27.5. I think I have finally got off of my plateau. I have recommitted myself to the program since I only have a few weeks left. Doing medi-quick this week again. But I am hungry this time. I wasn't last time. Oh well! Like I said I am totally committed. Maybe I will have a big week this week. I am trying to eat all my vegetables raw this week. But that is a lot of veggies.

Good Luck to everyone this week.
Congrats on that loss & kicking thru that plateau! I'm recommitted as of tomorrow morning, too... Had a couple of days here that I haven't behaved so well... Did you lose a bunch on Medi-quick before? I was considering trying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Ok question, do you not have an HNS with your meals like the menu says you have to? Because, funny, I got my new menu yesterday and now with all this food I was thinking, to myself, 'Why am I adding additional calories and protein with the HNS when the meal itself is enough to fill me up'. I have long days at work like you (up at 5 am, hour commute to work, work 7 am - 5:30 pm, home by 7 pm, dinner by 8 pm, bed) so I think I will have to try your way, it makes more sense to me.

I eat pretty much the same as you too. I was doing (on the yellow and blue menu) 1 egg 1 slice of toast and 1/2 orange for breakfast, and a chix salad for lunch. Now that I'm on the green menu I have the whole orange with lunch, and 2 eggs instead of 1. Dinner is either more chicken with a steamed veggie or fish with a steamed veggie. Only once did I have steak, but it was so thin and dry. Oh and I bought those turkey brats and had those once, but it was so good I ate over my 4 ounces so I put the rest away in the freezer lol.
I started out having the HNS at meals like the menu... I've just tweaked it to fit my schedule and they counselors have said it's fine to do that. Because they really don't want you to go more than 4-5 hours between meals. I have low blood sugar anyway - and doing my HNS thru the day like that seems to make me feel better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
I just have time for a quick post as I have some cleaning to do but wanted to say I weighed in for the first time since last week Tuesday and I am down another 2 pounds for a total of 9 pounds lost in 30 days!! They measured me today too and I have lost 7.75 inches!!! Not too shabby!!! It is my goal to be OP every day the rest of this week starting tomorrow since I ate a few things off plan today.

Also - can you take all your vitamins and flax at one time, say for instance at breakfast?? I have been really bad at remembering to take them.
No, you shouldn't do them all at once. The flax helps to fill your stomach so you don't want to eat as much. I bought a little 2 section pill box and put all my pills in it for the day...lunch & dinner. I take my morning pills with my HNS before I leave for work. Maybe that would work for you also.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:22 PM   #34  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
I'm doing the same thing I think - afraid to really let myself "enjoy" this loss. I really hope I see some missing inches when the time comes to measure again - that really will make it seem more real. And thanks for reminding me about the plateau.....I'll really try to keep that in mind, I may even write it down on my calendar.

I really want to thank everyone again for all the support. I just know I wouldn't be able to do this without these boards. Especially right now - I want to talk to my hubby about all this stuff, but since I'm trying to surprise him with my "new self" I can't. This place really is addictive - I find myself on the computer alot more often now, just reading everyones post - and smiling.
I just want to say that I think you will be SO tickled when you hear how many inches you've lost... I know that I couldn't believe it the first time I was measured!!! But, your first measuring will ASTOUND you!!!

Last edited by blueyedangel; 06-17-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:30 PM   #35  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Oh - I didn't take what you said as anything bad. I just find it hard to believe I could lose that much so quickly as well. I too think it could be water weight...but since I drink easily over 100oz of water a day, I'm not sure about that either. Like you said a loss is a loss, I don't care where it comes from! Thanks for the support!
Losing 6 lbs of water weight is a wonderful thing - I've said it before, but anyone who's retained water when PMSing knows how miserable those extra lbs make you feel. So YAY! for losing water weight! The fat follows.

And even though it seems contrary - drinking all that water helps flush out the water bloat - when you're hydrating properly your body doesn't feel the need to hang on to the bloat.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 PM   #36  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
I just have time for a quick post as I have some cleaning to do but wanted to say I weighed in for the first time since last week Tuesday and I am down another 2 pounds for a total of 9 pounds lost in 30 days!! They measured me today too and I have lost 7.75 inches!!! Not too shabby!!! It is my goal to be OP every day the rest of this week starting tomorrow since I ate a few things off plan today.

Also - can you take all your vitamins and flax at one time, say for instance at breakfast?? I have been really bad at remembering to take them.
I wouldn't take all the flax (9 pills) at once - that's a LOT of flax. I take all my vitamins in the morning. I found it helped to get 2 pill cases - one has 7 compartments marked with the days of the week. That's where I put my vitamins - the stuff I take just once a day. The other has 4 compartments (for morning, noon, evening, bedtime), the first two I use for my lunchtime supplements & the last two are for my dinner supplements. I keep them by the stove, & fill them every morning.

There are other ways to do it I'm sure, but that's what's worked for me. Not that I don't still forget occasionally
Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #37  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Thanks everyone for all the support.

I just posted a few new recipes on the recipe thread. Check them out:

Cheeseburger Soup II
Berry Berry Smoothie
MRC Squash Casserole
Chicken Dijon
Halibut Dijonnaise
Old 06-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #38  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
I had to laugh out loud when I saw the serving size for oatmeal - 1/4 of a cup. I used to eat a whole cup or more, in one sitting, back in the old days! With splenda and milk of course. *sigh* I miss milk...
I hear ya on the oatmeal - I never even bothered with it until I hit on the idea of mixing it with cottage cheese to make it seem like more. I actually found that I liked it - when I posted it here I think it was evenly divided on those who liked it & those who didn't - if you don't like cottage cheese you most likely won't like it this way either. But I use the steel-cut oats, aka Irish oatmeal (I like the texture better) & cook up a batch (keep the leftovers in the fridge). I mix the 1/4 c oatmeal with the 4 oz of cottage cheese, zap it in the microwave, and add a little splenda, a little cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, and sometimes a packet of the caramel splenda or some of the DaVinci sugar-free caramel syrup to imitate brown sugar. Might even seem a little like oatmeal with milk to you

Last edited by Meemo; 06-17-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=snflrgrl1962;2230414]Hello all...

Just got back from WI and a recheck with the Dr. I was down another 2.4 lbs. for the week. I am now at 47.4 lbs. total. I am so happy about the loss. We stayed with some friends over the weekend and I had trouble staying on plan. However, I got right back OP Monday. The Dr. was very impressed with my weight loss, blood pressure (no more BP medication....YEAH!!!!), heart and lungs, blood glucose levels, and inches lost. That made me feel good to know that I am getting healthier!

So I had a great NSV over the weekend. It has always been my dream to learn to scuba dive, but I was always too afraid to do it because I was soooooo big and had health problems (BP and borderline diabetic). I was afraid there wouldn't be a wetsuit big enough to fit me and that when I went to the class they would laugh and tell me I was too overweight to dive. But I DID IT this weekend! I didn't have any problems and didn't feel too selfconcious in the wetsuit. I actually wasn't the biggest person there and I fit into an XL wetsuit. We are going to Aruba and Curacao in two weeks and I GET TO DIVE there!! I can't believe it! I wouldn't have even thought about doing it 47 lbs ago!

You go girl! I scuba dive and I'm not exactly small. You are going to have so much fun on your trip. It's addicting
Old 06-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm back!

I had to take a break to adjust to a new medication that took my appetite away. Normally I would have been thrilled, but after I while it was a bit difficult. I was hardly eating at all and my blood sugar dropped. If I tried to eat, I would have nausea. Glad that side effect is gone and my appetite is returning.

I haven't gained or lost actually. I was down a few lbs last week but it must have been water weight or I'm retaining now. Just getting back OP today and will go weigh in on Saturday.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #41  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I hear ya on the oatmeal - I never even bothered with it until I hit on the idea of mixing it with cottage cheese to make it seem like more. I actually found that I liked it - when I posted it here I think it was evenly divided on those who liked it & those who didn't - if you don't like cottage cheese you most likely won't like it this way either. But I use the steel-cut oats, aka Irish oatmeal (I like the texture better) & cook up a batch (keep the leftovers in the fridge). I mix the 1/4 c oatmeal with the 4 oz of cottage cheese, zap it in the microwave, and add a little splenda, a little cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, and sometimes a packet of the caramel splenda or some of the DaVinci sugar-free caramel syrup to imitate brown sugar. Might even seem a little like oatmeal with milk to you
You know, that doesn't sound bad at all, I will have to try it. I actually really like cottage cheese so I think I will like it!

Hey I have a question about the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. Does anyone use this? I've been using it since day 1, on my bread and veggies, but I haven't exactly been following the serving size. I just spritz away until the toast is covered -- I would guess around 10 sprays. Then for dinner, I'll put another 10 or so sprays on the vegetables. Do you think this is bad? Will it stop me from losing weight if I continue using the stuff like this? Does anyone have any experience with using too much ICBINB and not losing weight?
Old 06-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Goal weight .... I had a weird thing happen at the center .... they set my goal weight at 167 .... and now as I've gotten closer, they are setting it lower and lower every time --- it's down to 137# --- whaaaaaaat? I didn't weigh anything close to that in high school (35 years ago) when I was a cheerleader and in terrific shape! ... I know I don't have the frame to weigh that. She said it's all about body comp. I just find it weird they keep lowering and lowering it by that much. It's just another one of those things that doesn't make sense to me -- I have a lot of those. lol

Has that happened to any of you?
Something similar happened to me when I went in last weekend. The original goal weight the Tanita kicked out for me about a month ago was 188 lbs, which isn't even a healthy weight for my height. I think it dropped to somewhere around 160 lbs this weekend, which the consultant thought was probably going to be too low.

The other really bizarre thing is that according to my last Tanita-ing, my body fat percentage has skyrocketed with a gain of 15 percentage points while on plan. I know that's not even in the ballpark because I have been losing, I have been exercising, and that's not even close to what my original percentage was. Clearly the Tanita is possessed.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #43  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Thanks everyone for all the support.

I just posted a few new recipes on the recipe thread. Check them out:

Cheeseburger Soup II
Berry Berry Smoothie
MRC Squash Casserole
Chicken Dijon
Halibut Dijonnaise
All of those look really good, thank you! I have a question about the Cheeseburger Soup II - how many servings does the recipe make? I'm assuming 4 but thought I would ask first
Old 06-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Hello all...

This is so awesome! I am so excited for you! I wanted to sign up for a scuba class through the local community college this summer, but there weren't enough peeps registered for the class to make. You are going to have an amazing time on your dive trips!
Old 06-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #45  

Height: 5'5

ShineOn - thanks for the comment about the plateau. I weighed in on Monday (day 10 on program) with no loss. My consultant said "I guess maybe its an early plateau, I got a little parinoid that I had done something wrong. Thanks for the reminder that plateaus are normal!
Alisha
Closed Thread