Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #121  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Thank you Diana. Glad to know I'm not the only nut job here! Just kidding, but really. We KNOW we can't always celebrate with food, but I really LOVE food, that's why I'm overweight. I love this plan, the people @ MRC and this board. I just go off the wagon more than I should. I just hope that once I'm on maintenance I can fall off and get back on again like I do now. Maybe if I stop beating myself up over it, I'll be fine. I think if I give myself a 5-6 lb "window" I'll be okay, but more than that and I'll be on the road to obesity again. I just have to remember that if I fall off I have to get back on. Maybe 1 day a week I can be "bad" or made different choices. Not NOW, but for the rest of my life. I just find that when I get to where I WANT to "cheat" I go overboard. I need to stop that. I need to stop it at one meal, not 1 or 2 days or weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Rock- I can totally relate to what your saying ! Everytime i have a good loss i think about how i deserve to celebrtae with food! I always think about eating out with my family and i really have to fight off my cravings for food and it is usually ALL types of food it dont matter if its sweet or salty ... I think it is just bad eating habits i have had since i was young, i eat somtimes when i am not hungry just because its there. I know the struggles that are ahead of me but i also know how important getting the wt off is to me and my future. I really want to be healthy and fit and if i can stay focused i know i can do it and YOU can too! We can do it together!!
Old 06-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #122  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
WI yesterday AM and was down 1 more lb to 138.5. Was hoping for 1.5 or 2, but 1 is good. However, I've been binging ever since. I seem to do that. Have a good loss and then binge for a day or two. I need to get some diet tea.

Here's a quick vent. I've been SO hungry this week. I think it's TOM, but still. My friend takes Phentermine and while I know it's the not the best way to lose, she's done a great job and she follows her diet well. She plans to do WW or something to help maintain after her weight is gone. She only takes a few pills a day. Now, I take a thousand pills a day from MRC and NONE of them help with the hunger. I really don't think the Hoodia even does anything. I know the chromium is supposed to help with the sugar cravings, but I'm just hungry. It doesn't matter what for, really it's nothing specific. I just fell very hungry. And when many of you say those cravings for bad food go away after a while, well, they don't/didn't for me. I know we're all different, but really. None of those cravings or desires for foods (any type of food) have gone away. Sometimes I actually lay awake at night thinking about having a nice meal out somewhere.

Sorry if I sound kind of cooky here. I know I've done great and I don't have much to go, but we ALL know that this is permanent and we can NEVER eat the way we did before. I've been CHOOSING to go off plan for two days and will get back on track soon, but I just get very frustrated at times.

Thanks for letting me vent on you all! Again, I'm so glad I'm here.
I know what you mean - I've come to the conclusion that most of the people who lose the cravings are the ones who never cheat. People like me who cheat a little too often never lose the cravings because we never really get those foods out of our systems. I know it's true for me. I'm lucky, the hoodia does help me with hunger. But cravings are something else. I think the only way to eliminate those cravings is to stay away from the stuff long enough to get it out of my system - pretty much like an addiction to cigarettes. Problem with that is that if I say I absolutely won't eat it (whatever "it" is - chocolate, sweets, chips, whatever) I start to obsess over it, I'm consumed with thinking about "it". If I could get myself past that obsession stage I guess I'd lose the cravings. But I've never tried it for long enough to find out I'll do without for a little while, but then that obsession thing kicks in & I've got to have whatever it is I'm craving.

(I'm the same way about money - if my husband says we need to start saving money, my first impulse is to go out & spend. Then I can settle down & start saving. Must be some weird fear-of-deprivation thing I have.)

Oh, and most of my big cheats used to come right after weighing in. Sonic was half a block away from MRC. Sometimes it was just a big fountain drink that wasn't completely legal. And sometimes it was much worse - let's just say I completely was feelin' Snflwrs double burger at Sonic. In fact I'd kill for one right now - luckily I have to get back to cleaning house & don't have time to make the trip!

Last edited by Meemo; 06-20-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Just checking in. WI in today for a 2 lb loss. That was 4 lbs for this week. I was doing metaquick. It seemed to work well this time even though I have been hungry all week. I am only .5 from the 30 lb board. I should be able to sign that next week and hopefully make my original goal that I set at the beginning. ( I have revised it down 4 lbs on my ticker and 12 in my mind). But I have been totally on plan for a about 11 days. I have to stay focused just 2 weeks until vacation.

Congrats on all the losses over the last couple of days.

to all the people struggling with staying OP.

And a shout out to 3M, Exquisite and Ms Gigi - where are you guys? Come back we need you!
Old 06-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
I woke up with a sweet tooth this morning so I tried something a little different - I mixed my pineapply HNS with my cottage cheese (you may need to add just a splash of water if it's too thick). I was a little afraid, but it actually tasted really good. Kind of like a sweet and tart dessert - almost like the fruit jello salads. I topped it off with cinnamon toast and it really hit the spot!

Speaking of food - does anyone have a recipe for eggplant? I've never had it or cooked it before. I bought one the other day and it's just sitting there waiting for me to give it a try! I have no idea what to expect. I just remind myself that I never had spaghetti squash before and I love it - thanks to this board!
Shine on: I have made eggplant lasagna. I use sliced eggplant instead of the pasta and use ground turkey and make my own OP sauce. I just layer everything and top it with some parmessan cheese and bake it 350 degrees for 40 minutes. I love it!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #125  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

The fat cells inflate with water before they are flushed out, I had no idea, I've been struggling with the plateau, I had no loss this week, last week it was 3 lbs the week before it was nothing, this is good to hear. It is very hard on the morale when the scale does not move. Monday it will.

Everyone is doing such a fabulous job, keep it up and thank you for sharing, it makes all the difference to each of us. I have not been on here for the last week and I could tell just in how I was thinking and my motivation and focus, I knew I just had to get back here and see how everyone was doing and soak up some of that motivation and encouragment.

THANKS LADIES
Old 06-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #126  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Maintenence & WI

Went to the center this morning for the first time all week. Got my maintence plan for the rest of my life. And talked to the counselor for a long time about how off plan I ate this entire week. Then I weighed in and was only up a .5. Then we did the Tanita and my bf was down another %. I couldn't believe it. My bf is still 34% on their reading my device at home says 31%.

FYI when the center puts your information in the Tanita they automatically put the goal bf% at 28%. That is not what the scale recommends but it is put in by the counselor.

I came home and recommitted to myself to stick to the lifestyle that I have to follow. Maybe not just 1200 calories (which is what the menu says) but a reasonable facsimile thereof. I don't want to look or feel the way I did before. Seeing my before photo in the chart really scared me.

Tonight I face a real challenge. There is a retirement party for my DH. The only food there will be pizza. I will bring a MRB and have an HNS and try to be strong.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #127  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

Default Goal Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Thanks Denise ... I thought I was going crazy! It kind of feels like dangling a carrot in front of your nose and then moving it back farther every time you make some progress and get close .... but I'm just telling myself, the number isn't important -- feeling good is (if I say it enough I'll believe it)
I just won't ccoperate with their goal wieght for me. I'm happy at 135, but they are telling me I should keep going until 123 or so I'm at 28% body fat or less. Right now I'm at 31% and would like to excercise more intensly to loose the rest but can't cause I get too tired. I told the center that I'm stopping at 135 and once I'm done with stabilization, I will excercise to loose the rest. I really am to the poont where it's not about the scale its about how I look.

Rocki-I am on the left and I'm a size 6 mostly and a size 4 sometimes. My DD is much taller than me at 5'9'' and she is about a size 9 juniors. Not really sure how much she weighs, but she's really active and I'm not worried about her wieght. I think she would love to be a size 5junior, but thats not going to happen the way she is built. Teenages always want to be stick thin even if they look fine the way they are.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #128  
Dixie

Default Posting Pretties

You all have such pretty postings and signatures with the scale thing and the smiley bye bye's, how do you add those? I need to spend more time posting and playing with this site so I can feel more comfy with it, like posting a real photo. I guess I first must find one

When I weighed in today they gave me the meta quick plan to do for 2 days. It looks like I might need to follow that on a very busy day because there sure is not much on there. I can do it, it's two days right? If it helps me get over this hump then I Will Do It....

My center has a quote posted that I have written on the top of each food journal.

"The pain of discipline is less then the pain of regret"

I liked it so I say it ALOT in my head (ah those voices are finally telling me something more healthy then mmmmm chocolate shake with fries and a big ol burger yes from Sonic Oh Dear
Old 06-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #129  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
WI yesterday AM and was down 1 more lb to 138.5. Was hoping for 1.5 or 2, but 1 is good. However, I've been binging ever since. I seem to do that. Have a good loss and then binge for a day or two. I need to get some diet tea.

Here's a quick vent. I've been SO hungry this week. I think it's TOM, but still. My friend takes Phentermine and while I know it's the not the best way to lose, she's done a great job and she follows her diet well. She plans to do WW or something to help maintain after her weight is gone. She only takes a few pills a day. Now, I take a thousand pills a day from MRC and NONE of them help with the hunger. I really don't think the Hoodia even does anything. I know the chromium is supposed to help with the sugar cravings, but I'm just hungry. It doesn't matter what for, really it's nothing specific. I just fell very hungry. And when many of you say those cravings for bad food go away after a while, well, they don't/didn't for me. I know we're all different, but really. None of those cravings or desires for foods (any type of food) have gone away. Sometimes I actually lay awake at night thinking about having a nice meal out somewhere.

Sorry if I sound kind of cooky here. I know I've done great and I don't have much to go, but we ALL know that this is permanent and we can NEVER eat the way we did before. I've been CHOOSING to go off plan for two days and will get back on track soon, but I just get very frustrated at times.

Thanks for letting me vent on you all! Again, I'm so glad I'm here.
I took that! When I first started on it - I would literally FORGET to eat all day. You honestly do not think about food or get hungry. I lost 21 pounds...but, I've gained it all back.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #130  
Dixie

I found where to add the weight tracker YEA!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #131  
Dixie

maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
I found where to add the weight tracker YEA!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #132  
Dixie

I have read about the Sea Thins, is that something taken in addition to the Hoodia or in place of? My center had never heard of it before. They are changing from Hoodia to MAC which is supposed to be better and less costly.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 PM   #133  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Just checking in. WI in today for a 2 lb loss. That was 4 lbs for this week. I was doing metaquick. It seemed to work well this time even though I have been hungry all week. I am only .5 from the 30 lb board. I should be able to sign that next week and hopefully make my original goal that I set at the beginning. ( I have revised it down 4 lbs on my ticker and 12 in my mind). But I have been totally on plan for a about 11 days. I have to stay focused just 2 weeks until vacation.

Congrats on all the losses over the last couple of days.

to all the people struggling with staying OP.

And a shout out to 3M, Exquisite and Ms Gigi - where are you guys? Come back we need you!
Congrats on the 2lb loss!!!! and you are so so close to the 30lb board! Next weigh in, that board is yours!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #134  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
My center has a quote posted that I have written on the top of each food journal.

"The pain of discipline is less then the pain of regret"

I liked it so I say it ALOT in my head (ah those voices are finally telling me something more healthy then mmmmm chocolate shake with fries and a big ol burger yes from Sonic Oh Dear
Thank you for sharing that quote! I love it.....
Old 06-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #135  
Denise

Quote:
WI yesterday AM and was down 1 more lb to 138.5. Was hoping for 1.5 or 2, but 1 is good.
Congrats on the loss.... Keep it up and stay focused on the end goal!
Closed Thread