3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

MRC Take 21!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:02 AM   #91

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey everybody! I have some exciting news to report! When I weighed in on my home scale this morning, I broke 200 lbs for the first time since 2003! I weighed in at 199.4! It will be a few weeks before I can get back into the center and get an official wi, but I'll take this one!

Apart from being a magic number on the scale anyway, this number is important to me because I bought a private healthcare policy back in March and was hit with a 25% premium increase because of my weight. When I called in to get details about the rider, I was told that 200 was the magic number for my height, and I had to be below that for one year before I am eligible for a new policy with a lower premium. So...364 days to go!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 AM   #92

Diana .... I'm happy for you that you were able to bounce right back and get OP --- I know how hard it is. I ate off program for two months. I get a lot of ideas and encouragement here -- we are just real people who have the same struggles. But you are back on -- I know the feeling of being frustrated with yourself because we work so hard to get it off! But you can do it!!

So, thanks to the encouragement and ideas, I have now eaten OP for 4 days! (it took me 3 weeks of fretting about it and deciding I was going to again to actually do it to actually do it -- good grief, I'm slow!).

Karen .... woo hoo! How good does that feel?

And the insurance price thing! Yay under 200!! That is a milestone -- and you're right, only 364 to go! I'm very happy for you.

Meemo ... you know I'm always with you on the "logic" thing -- the water with lemon or something (once that second passes where you swallow it, it hits your stomach with all of the other things and acids that are in there -- I've never paid much attention to that and it never seemed to hurt me when I was losing). And since I don't take the supplements and don't have to worry about too much caffeine, I still drink my Diet Dew (my favorite). I have also always used a sugar-free creamer in my coffee. I lost 55 pounds doing all of those things (I'm not advocating that -- just saying that we all have our things we can live with and if it helps you stay focused, then what could it hurt?) When I went off program it wasn't about any of that -- it was the home-made caramel corn and onion rings!!!! and chicken fried steak, and mashed potatoes --- lol, I could go on and on. But I'm now refocused and know I can't eat like that on a regular basis. I also know once I get through stabilization and maintenance that I can occasionally have a food treat. But I will try to make my treats non-food. These are hard habits to break --- but I feel I'm getting better one step at a time.

At the center this week, a new counselor told me a quote she really liked, and I liked it a lot too (as I tended to be happy with just getting 3/4 of the way there) ...

"getting to third base makes as much difference to the final score as striking out does" .... so I need to get my butt in gear and finish this!!

So thank you all of you losers for your encouragement.

Deb
Old 06-19-2008, 11:22 AM   #93
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Thanks again everyone for all the support. My home scale showed a 2 1/2 pound loss this morning, and i feel sooo much better i feel my energy is getting back up there. I also took meemos advice and i am taking an extra
B-6 for a couple of days to see if it helps, as for the water i drink about 150 oz daily so i am making it 200 for a couple of days also . Thanks for all the support I APPRECIATE YOU ALL!!
Old 06-19-2008, 12:22 PM   #94

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default weigh in

Ok. Had my weighin today. Lost 2 lbs for the week! I'm happy, but know that I've been at this plateau for about 5 days ( 2 lbs was gone as of last Friday, and the scale hasn't moved since!!). But, that's ok. I'll still take the 2 lbs. That's 15 total for my 1st month, 1 week detox, and 3 OP. Also, they did my measurements today, and I've lost 21 inches!!! That made me feel really good. Over 3 in my waist alone!!!! Hope everyone else has great weighins as well!!
Missy

Started MRC on May 21st, 2008 (Off 5 week due to surgery)

One for each 5 lbs lost
Old 06-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #95
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Hey everybody! I have some exciting news to report! When I weighed in on my home scale this morning, I broke 200 lbs for the first time since 2003! I weighed in at 199.4! It will be a few weeks before I can get back into the center and get an official wi, but I'll take this one!
YEA!!! CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Thanks again everyone for all the support. My home scale showed a 2 1/2 pound loss this morning, and i feel sooo much better i feel my energy is getting back up there. I also took meemos advice and i am taking an extra
B-6 for a couple of days to see if it helps, as for the water i drink about 150 oz daily so i am making it 200 for a couple of days also . Thanks for all the support I APPRECIATE YOU ALL!!
Keep drinking that water, alexiah. I'm so glad you saw a loss this morning

HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 Fantastic news --pounds and inches both!

Last edited by Finz : 06-19-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #96
Em

S/C/G: 170/142/137

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Apart from being a magic number on the scale anyway, this number is important to me because I bought a private healthcare policy back in March and was hit with a 25% premium increase because of my weight. When I called in to get details about the rider, I was told that 200 was the magic number for my height, and I had to be below that for one year before I am eligible for a new policy with a lower premium. So...364 days to go!
Gotta love those magic numbers - congratulations!!!

MRC Repeat offender First time - 2006 Lost 33 lbs - 170 to 137.

Currently:

Old 06-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #97
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Ok. Had my weighin today. Lost 2 lbs for the week! I'm happy, but know that I've been at this plateau for about 5 days ( 2 lbs was gone as of last Friday, and the scale hasn't moved since!!). But, that's ok. I'll still take the 2 lbs. That's 15 total for my 1st month, 1 week detox, and 3 OP. Also, they did my measurements today, and I've lost 21 inches!!! That made me feel really good. Over 3 in my waist alone!!!! Hope everyone else has great weighins as well!!
Missy
Great weigh-in & measurements! You're well on your way!

Currently:

Old 06-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #98
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Meemo ... you know I'm always with you on the "logic" thing -- the water with lemon or something (once that second passes where you swallow it, it hits your stomach with all of the other things and acids that are in there -- I've never paid much attention to that and it never seemed to hurt me when I was losing). And since I don't take the supplements and don't have to worry about too much caffeine, I still drink my Diet Dew (my favorite). I have also always used a sugar-free creamer in my coffee. I lost 55 pounds doing all of those things (I'm not advocating that -- just saying that we all have our things we can live with and if it helps you stay focused, then what could it hurt?) When I went off program it wasn't about any of that -- it was the home-made caramel corn and onion rings!!!! and chicken fried steak, and mashed potatoes --- lol, I could go on and on. But I'm now refocused and know I can't eat like that on a regular basis. I also know once I get through stabilization and maintenance that I can occasionally have a food treat. But I will try to make my treats non-food. These are hard habits to break --- but I feel I'm getting better one step at a time.

At the center this week, a new counselor told me a quote she really liked, and I liked it a lot too (as I tended to be happy with just getting 3/4 of the way there) ...

"getting to third base makes as much difference to the final score as striking out does" .... so I need to get my butt in gear and finish this!!

So thank you all of you losers for your encouragement.
I truly admire the people who can be 100% faithful to the program & never cheat - wish I could be one of them (I know I'd lose more quickly) but I also know that it just isn't in my make-up. My little moments of straying were what helped keep my on-program long-term.

I had a little epiphany this morning on my walk - I've not been doing as well recently with getting my walks in - too easy to make excuses (no time, it's gotten too hot now, blah, blah, blah) - so I've got to go back to how I did it in weight-loss phase. It's a priority. It's non-negotiable. I WILL get to bed earlier at night so I can get up with my husband. I WILL get out to walk by 7:30 a.m. That eliminates the heat and time excuses. Also helps to get more sleep, by the way!!!

If I can get that back in order, the food will follow. I know if I let one slide, I'm likely to let the other go too. My daughter will be here to stay for 3 months, they get back here tomorrow after visiting his family for a couple of weeks. She wants to lose the baby weight. She'll probably follow her own eating plan, but I will be getting back to mine for real next week. I'm working my way back to it (kinda like pre-conditioning again). Breakfast is always good. But lunch - I'll get into a project & wait too long to eat & then don't care what I eat as long as it's quick & will get my blood sugar up quick. So I have to make myself stop to eat sooner. (Like, I should be making lunch right now!) Tired of looking at my lowest-weight clothes that I can't wear right now!

And here's the lesson in this - when you go into stabilization & then maintenance, they tell you to set yourself kind of a fence. A 3-5-lb range - if you gain 3-5 lbs it's time to get it under control. THEY AREN'T KIDDING!!! Once those first 5 come on, it's way too easy for them to invite 5 more friends, and they invite 5 more.... Of course that was the path to MRC's door for most of us to begin with. I sure didn't gain 30 lbs overnight - they crept on a little at a time. But I refuse to have to lose 30 lbs AGAIN! Some of you have heard me say all this before, but it bears repeating for the newer folks here. There's no "there" here, where we're at goal so we get to stop exercising and watching what we eat. You go back to eating what you did, you'll go back to weighing what you did. Sorry about the - y'all have become the victims of my epiphany! But I figure if I put it out there in the universe I'll be more likely to follow through!

Currently:

Old 06-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #99

Thanks meemo for the last message all the things you mentioned make soo much sense! Maybe you and your daughter can walk together while shes home that will be fun.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #100
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Meemo you are exactly right..there is no "end". Once you get to your goal, it is up to you to keep yourself there. I have heard from many long term weightloss successors, that maintenance is the hardest part. Many of us "diet" then go back to "old" ways as soon as we get content with our weight, thinking that we maybe just maybe can eat like that now that we are at a healthy weight. Truly that is not the case.
MRC was my teacher, "she" taught me that food is not a reward/babysitter/psychiatrist/doctor/friend/lover/family member/crutch/fix-all. I had to learn that good, healthy food is for survival, all the other junk, is just that junk. The junk causes high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, moodiness, oh the list goes on; I just don't need it.
Now that I have my mind changed on how I view food, I truly don't feel deprived of my "old" food choices. I actually feel empowered each and every time that I pass on something that I know is unhealthy for me. It gives me the strength to know that I am in control of what goes into my body, not the food or my environmental stressors controlling me.

Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization

Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...

Last edited by Goal4Life : 06-19-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #101
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Okay time for my confession.....Yesterday was terrible food wise. I had class last night and I was rushing around tying to get "stuff" done before I had to drive the 40 minutes to class. Well, I ended up messing around too long and did not get to eat before I left. I knew better, but I thought it would be okay.

I went to class, which turned out to be stressful and overwhelming with all the work that is due. We also had presentations last night and part of one of the presentations included chocolate, sushi, fortune cookies, hazelnut/chocolate pirouline wafers ,and taquitos. (It was a multi-cultural classroom presentation.) During class I ate one of everything. But that isn't even the worst part. When I got out of class at 7:45, I was shakey and lightheaded. I thought I was starving!! But I know I couldn't have been starving, I had just eating all that junk. I do think I was hungry, but I also think I was mostly stressed out.

So guess what I did...........I stopped at Sonic on the way home and had a bacon double cheeseburger and tater tots. UGH!!!!!!! I knew exactly what I was doing and I still did it anyway!! I somehow thought this would make me feel better! Well, it didn't make me feel better. It made me mad at myself. I felt even worse knowing I had eaten all those calories, fat, and carbs! And for what......nothing!!

However, I did get right back on plan this morning and have been chugging down the water. I am scared to get on the scale, so I haven't weighed at home today. At my last WI I was 2.5lbs from hitting the 50 lbs board. I hope I haven't messed up so much that I won't get to 50 by my next WI.

At least, I feel better talking about it!

Quote:

Under 200....That is great news. I am so looking forward to the day that I get to Onederland!!! Congrats on the lower insurance premium too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
You go Alexiah....we support you 100% !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Missy
15 lbs in your first month is rockin'.....Way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I truly admire the people who can be 100% faithful to the program & never cheat - wish I could be one of them (I know I'd lose more quickly) but I also know that it just isn't in my make-up. My little moments of straying were what helped keep my on-program long-term.

I had a little epiphany this morning on my walk - I've not been doing as well recently with getting my walks in - too easy to make excuses (no time, it's gotten too hot now, blah, blah, blah) - so I've got to go back to how I did it in weight-loss phase. It's a priority. It's non-negotiable. I WILL get to bed earlier at night so I can get up with my husband. I WILL get out to walk by 7:30 a.m. That eliminates the heat and time excuses. Also helps to get more sleep, by the way!!!

If I can get that back in order, the food will follow. I know if I let one slide, I'm likely to let the other go too. My daughter will be here to stay for 3 months, they get back here tomorrow after visiting his family for a couple of weeks. She wants to lose the baby weight. She'll probably follow her own eating plan, but I will be getting back to mine for real next week. I'm working my way back to it (kinda like pre-conditioning again). Breakfast is always good. But lunch - I'll get into a project & wait too long to eat & then don't care what I eat as long as it's quick & will get my blood sugar up quick. So I have to make myself stop to eat sooner. (Like, I should be making lunch right now!) Tired of looking at my lowest-weight clothes that I can't wear right now!

And here's the lesson in this - when you go into stabilization & then maintenance, they tell you to set yourself kind of a fence. A 3-5-lb range - if you gain 3-5 lbs it's time to get it under control. THEY AREN'T KIDDING!!! Once those first 5 come on, it's way too easy for them to invite 5 more friends, and they invite 5 more.... Of course that was the path to MRC's door for most of us to begin with. I sure didn't gain 30 lbs overnight - they crept on a little at a time. But I refuse to have to lose 30 lbs AGAIN! Some of you have heard me say all this before, but it bears repeating for the newer folks here. There's no "there" here, where we're at goal so we get to stop exercising and watching what we eat. You go back to eating what you did, you'll go back to weighing what you did. Sorry about the - y'all have become the victims of my epiphany! But I figure if I put it out there in the universe I'll be more likely to follow through!
Meemo.....OMG...you are absolutely right. I am never going to get "there". This is going to have to be for the rest of my life. I sometimes think that I would love to just not worry about food and pills and exercise, but I know what is going to happen if I go back to the way I was before. I will gain it all back and probably more. I am going to steal your quote "I refuse to have lose ______....again! I am just going to fill in the blank as needed!

Last edited by snflrgrl1962 : 06-19-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #102

S/C/G: 264.5/258.9/150

Height: 5 '4'

snflrgl1962- I can so can relate to you. I had a horrible weekend at work and then it continued into monday. My normal way to deal with it is to eat, eat and eat. I did ok until I came home on saturday night 2 hours late and was starving. So you know what happened next....I ate 2 slices of pizza. Then we went out of town yesterday and decided to eat rolls both for lunch and dinner. The whole time I thought about how this was not helping me feel any better.

So on the horse again and all we can do is look forward and know next time we have a different connection to food then we used to.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #103

Snflrgl and fattrimmer- Hang in there WE can do this sometimes the changes get the better of us but we know what is good for us in the long run ,so dont worry We WILL be ok , besides look at all the support we get here how can we fail !
Old 06-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #104
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default My turn

Meemo/Goal--I needed to hear what you both had to say. I'm on my last week of stabilization and have been horrible. This past Saturday we had a retirement/graduation party for around 60 people. DH and DD. It was fun but since we had all these off plan leftovers and I have been eating them. Have not been to wi this week because after being on plan most of the time prior to this week, I have not written my food sheet, and probably gained a couple of pounds too. I need to go wi tomorrow and jump right back on the horse.

I will confess all when I go to the center tomorrow and take my lumps.

Tomorrow is the final retirement party for my DH and it's also our anniversary. His work is hosting a party and I must attend but they're having pizza. Not a good choice. The other problem is that it starts at 3:30pm and goes until 7. I will probably have a bar and try to wait until it's over to eat dinner. I hope that I can survive and not give in to temptation.

Start Date: 3/1/08

I am getting there.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

New goal as of September 1, 2009

Old 06-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #105
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Hey all. I've been MIA for a while. I've been dawdling around and not really taking it seriously since about mid april. Well, since I hit ONEderland. I got to 190 and now I'm back up to 192 ish. I really need to get back on and it starts today! My ex is coming to visit in 2 weeks and I want to be in the 180s again... It really is so easy to get complacent - I'm in a normal size and can shop at normal stores and look "more normal" (if there is such a thing) and cheating is a SLIPPERY SLOPE. It started as "weekends off" and then it would be thursday and I'd still be cheating! Well, I'm here to confess and get back on the wagon! I've missed the support you guys offer.

Losing weight to try to conceive... I'm a PCOS cyster. !
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.