Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #226  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post

But after much battling with myself, I am back on program and know that I will NEVER be able to eat like that. Once in a while, special occasions, maybe. But for the most part, I'll be eating very close to this for the rest of my life and I need to start making that connection in my head.

I think I'm going to ride my bike to the center tomorrow to weigh in (only 3 miles round trip). I wanted to do it last weekend and didn't because I still felt so guilty but because I've been better this week, I'm going to do it. Even if I don't see a drop on the home scale tomorrow!

I'm also going to try and get better about checking in here. The support and motivation I get from reading all your posts really does help. I think it's part of why I avoided, though. Because it would probably have made me feel even more guilty and I wanted to wallow in my pity party for a little bit longer.

There have been some great successes and I'm so proud of all of you. Keep trucking!!!
Angie...I am so glad you are back, and you are grabbing the bull by the horns. You are definately learning how your body handles food, isn't learning half the battle? Keep up the great work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
I just have a minute because I have to get back to the office. I'll catch up on personals in a bit...

I lost another pound today and signed that freakin' board! 51.5 lbs down!!!

I also took pictures today wearing the same thing I did for my before picture. I've posted a thread in the "Mini Goals" forum but wanted to link it here for you guys.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144632

I've cried every time I look at these pictures. I don't think the loss was real to me until seeing it like this!!
The 50 pound board is such a great achievement!!! I know you feel awesome! Pictures are worth a 1000 words, in my book. Pictures are the only way I can really "see" myself still. My mind hasn't caught up to my body yet, so when I look into the mirror, I still see the shadow of the old me. It is when I look at pictures, that I really can see what everyone else sees.
Keep those before clothes, because when you get to the end of the weightloss journey, you will want them as a reminder to somewhere that you don't want to be again.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #227  
Bringin' Sexy Back

The beach weekend was GREAT!!
NSV...usually on vacation all I think about is the food that I want to indulge in...well not this time, food was last on my list. Laying out on the beach, shopping, and touring were all first. I chose the best options for lunch and dinner as possible (made sure that I took my vitamins/supplements, and only drank water the whole weekend). Breakfast was easy at the hotel, they had hard boiled eggs and oatmeal on thier continental breakfast, so that was my choice all weekend. I jumped on the scale when we got home (which was late yesterday..and usually I never get on the scale in the evening, but I was just so curious)...I wi'd in at 168!!! So it isn't official, but I will be wi'ing in on Wednesday at the center.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

SNFLRGRL

Please don't freak out! You are going to have a great time!!!!!! Look at it as an opportunity vs a challenge. You are going to be on the ship, so you are going to be able to get lots of exercise and eat good food!! Stay focused and have fun!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #229  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
Rootbeer Float??? How do you make that on plan?????
You take the Vanilla Creme pudding HNS, a Diet Hansen's Rootbeer, a blender and some ice! It is YUMMY and my favorite little nighttime treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
DeniseI am trying to get everything ready for the cruise. We leave Saturday morning. In a way, I wish I wasn't going....This sounds crazy because I have been looking forward to it for a long tme. I am just so scared that I will gain some weight back....I have heard and read stories of people gaining 15 lbs. on a short cruise. We are going to be on that food filled boat for 7 nights!!!! Please tell me I will be okay.....I am starting to panic!!!! I just don't know how I am going to do this right now!!!!!! I packed workout clothes and I plan to go to the gym but all that food is freaking me out. The last time I WI, the center suggested the Fat and Carb Blocker. Has anyone used it? Does it work? I just hate the thought of taking anymore pills.
You'll be fine on the cruise! Just because there is food there doesn't mean you have to eat it. And with a lot of the meals being served buffet style, you will have lots of healthy options.

As for the fat/carb blocker, I do have it and I take it when I feel it might be needed. A lot of times, anytime I eat out, I will take it. Just make sure if you take it that you have easy access to your bathroom because it can tend to make things "process" quickly, if you know what I mean.

Try to relax and just enjoy your trip! You'll have a blast!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #230  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
The beach weekend was GREAT!!
NSV...usually on vacation all I think about is the food that I want to indulge in...well not this time, food was last on my list. Laying out on the beach, shopping, and touring were all first. I chose the best options for lunch and dinner as possible (made sure that I took my vitamins/supplements, and only drank water the whole weekend). Breakfast was easy at the hotel, they had hard boiled eggs and oatmeal on thier continental breakfast, so that was my choice all weekend. I jumped on the scale when we got home (which was late yesterday..and usually I never get on the scale in the evening, but I was just so curious)...I wi'd in at 168!!! So it isn't official, but I will be wi'ing in on Wednesday at the center.
First off, thank you so much for the great words of advice. I definitely plan on keeping my before outfit but I hope to do the "closet cleansing" that everyone has been talking about very soon. Just need to buy a couple of "right now" clothes that actually fit first!

On your NSV's and on the scale showing 168! IN THE EVENING! I can't wait to see what it says "officially".
Old 06-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #231  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Just an update on me....
I haven't gone to the center to WI yet this week. I really want to sign the 50lb. board, but I seem to be bouncing up and down about 3 lbs. here at home, so I am nervous. I will drop into the 220s and then right back up into the 230s............
I am trying to get everything ready for the cruise. We leave Saturday morning. In a way, I wish I wasn't going....This sounds crazy because I have been looking forward to it for a long tme. I am just so scared that I will gain some weight back....I have heard and read stories of people gaining 15 lbs. on a short cruise. We are going to be on that food filled boat for 7 nights!!!! Please tell me I will be okay.....I am starting to panic!!!! I just don't know how I am going to do this right now!!!!!! I packed workout clothes and I plan to go to the gym but all that food is freaking me out. The last time I WI, the center suggested the Fat and Carb Blocker. Has anyone used it? Does it work? I just hate the thought of taking anymore pills.

If I get to sign the board, I will take a picture to show my progress so far!
I'm bouncing back & forth myself... Don't you just hate that!? Trying to plan a WI around the fluctuations is hard! LOL

I have the blocker but there's no real way I can tell it works... So, I just hope...

Last edited by blueyedangel; 06-24-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #232  

ANGIE!! I just looked at your pictures (I'm a little behind--- they are great!!) What a great motivator!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #233  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Just an update on me....
I haven't gone to the center to WI yet this week. I really want to sign the 50lb. board, but I seem to be bouncing up and down about 3 lbs. here at home, so I am nervous. I will drop into the 220s and then right back up into the 230s............
I am trying to get everything ready for the cruise. We leave Saturday morning. In a way, I wish I wasn't going....This sounds crazy because I have been looking forward to it for a long tme. I am just so scared that I will gain some weight back....I have heard and read stories of people gaining 15 lbs. on a short cruise. We are going to be on that food filled boat for 7 nights!!!! Please tell me I will be okay.....I am starting to panic!!!! I just don't know how I am going to do this right now!!!!!! I packed workout clothes and I plan to go to the gym but all that food is freaking me out. The last time I WI, the center suggested the Fat and Carb Blocker. Has anyone used it? Does it work? I just hate the thought of taking anymore pills.

In my opinion the Fat and Carb blocker makes me think I can order whatever I want. I have caught myself on several occasions in a restaraunt pondering ordering an off plan meal just because I took it... so I vowed to not take them anymore. I just order a sensible on plan meal, and if I feel that it is to salty or seasoned, I make sure I take an extra b6 that day, and drink a few extra glasses of water. If you want, you can set up a special menu with the dinner captain. You could say that you are on a special diabetic menu, which will mean they don't use salt on your meals, and they will not offer you fried foods or sugar ladden foods, and they tend to have nice choices for this menu plan, they will even give you some great fruit options for desserts. Yes I know, fruit for dinner is a no no, but you could swip swap your bread for lunch and fruit for dinner, if you know that you will want to have a sweet alternative after your dinner, I have swapped my fruit and bread many many times, and have never been affected on the scale. A diabetics menu is very similar to what MRC has us following.
Do some extra walking, and only choose water as your beverage for the entire 7 days (besides your HNS's) and I am sure you will come home to a nice number on that scale
Have fun!!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 06-24-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #234  
Not just a Floater

S/C/G: 217/213/154

Height: 5' 3.5"

Post Hello All

I thought I'd just drop a note to say hi. I just signed up for MRC yesterday evening. I love these threads, and hope to shed the lbs with all of you! Yes that was kind of corny.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #235  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

Height: 5'11"

Well, it's taken a month but the scale is finally moving again. Just 1 lb. down for 18 pounds total. That is halfway to my goal. I have until August 22 to lose 18 more. That's 10 weeks. I have been thinking about lowering my goal by another 10 pounds though so I don't know where that will leave me. The good news is that I have lost 22 inches so at least something was happening while the scale was stuck!

I also decided to branch out from drinking the grape concentrate all the time and I have to say the mixed berry is great!!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #236  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAIRAUDIANCE View Post
I thought I'd just drop a note to say hi. I just signed up for MRC yesterday evening. I love these threads, and hope to shed the lbs with all of you! Yes that was kind of corny.

Welcome Clairaudiance! You'll find lots of support, advice, and tips for success here - I'm somewhat of a newbie and I've found this board to be almost adictive! I'm always checking in to see who's lost lbs, etc. - so if you have any questions be sure to ask, cause somebody on here usually knows the answers!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #237  
get it girl

Oh, I have one question and it may be a silly one. For those who take MRC-6 and flax, do you take them at the same time? My center just told me to take them with a meal but it just dawned on me that if the MRC-6 is a fat emulsifier, it may prevent the fatty acids in the flax from being absorbed...
Old 06-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #238  
get it girl

ClairAudiance. You will learn so much here and receive awesome support from all these smart women! I know this board has been a large part of my success so far!!
Old 06-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #239  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Just an update on me....

You are going to do great on the cruise. I have taken 3 while on program - not that I was completely op while on the cruise Around the 50lb mark was my 7 day cruise. I participated in their free exercise and stretching classes every morning then made sure to walk the decks in the afternoon. For the most part, I ate off the spa menu. I did drink alcohol and had a few desserts. After 7 days and 10 days out of town, I had a 3lb gain and lost it in the first week back. I'm a self confessed cruise junkie and go at least once a year. In the past, I have gained an average of 2 lbs per day - yes that's day, not week! This time I really enjoyed more of the activities and concentrated less on the food. Before, it's always been about what I could eat that was different - so, just like everything else in our reprogramming, the food is no longer the focus. The company and entertainment was a blast. I did panic at the end and had a couple irrational thoughts - like, what if I gained 20 lbs this week!! You'll do fine - just do a lot of physical activities and stay within reason on food choices.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #240  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

You have share this information on here I do hope you have share it with the Staff at MRS for your health and not just so you can lose weight Suzi takes these kinds of things VERY SERIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Thanks for all the great idea on eggplant! Sounds like I can add it to other veggie combo's I've been doing. I didn't know if I had to prep it or pre-cook it differently. I love the lasagna idea!

Angie - it's really good to see you back. You've been missed a lot. I did have a lot of the same battles around your weight loss mark. I just had to have a little memorial for the old me and embrace the new me. Ever wonder how skinny people eat and stay slim? From my observation, they are very picky, eat in small portions and have a few yummy indulgences here and there. I am far from perfect, but when I can't get away from the craving, I just have 2 small bites. Gets it out of my system and I don't need to eat the whole thing to have the taste. I really talk to myself first and analyze whether its worth a 3 day set back. Sometimes it is, and I truly enjoy the bites and sometimes it's not and I just say no. What I can't stand is the disapproving looks from my DH & DD or them trying to stop me. So now I just tell them I'm going to eat this and enjoy my two bites, so don't say anything. If I'm feeling weak and I don't want them to eat something around me - I tell them. If I'm feeling strong and it doesn't bother me - I tell them. They now know my moods and temptation level will not be consistent and they count on me telling them instead of getting upset.

I have been in a 3 week plateau and couldn't break past the 175 mark. I didn't even bother jumping on the scale yesterday morning. Today it finally moved to 173!! I try not to let the scale dictate to me, but it is good to see the number move

During this last 3 weeks, my blood pressure has been dropping too. I finally made a call to my nurse who freaked - she didn't like 81/55!! So yesterday morning I went in to see the Dr. When I was thin, in my teens, my blood pressure was low. He thinks my body just might be trying to adjust - not as much fat to pump through, so it might be taking it easy until it gets used to the new me. But, they took blood to run a bunch of tests to be sure. Just hope it's not my thyroid. They were most concerned about my heart or a stroke. My dad had a quadrupal bypass in his mid 40's and mom had a heart attack at 59. I was born with a heart murmur, so I'm high risk. Which is exactly why I started on this weight loss & exercise journey. I'm trying not to stress about it - the dizzyness is what is worrying them the most. Luckily, my DH is an EMT, so now he gets to check my bp first thing in the morning for the next 2 weeks to collect "more data". Like 2 bp readings a week isn't enough! All this is a good reminder on why I need to embrace the new me. I can't afford to be heavy. Life is too precious to cut it short.
Closed Thread