Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #136  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Eggplant parmesan is probably my favorite food --- but Alas (lol -- that made me laugh out loud). A modified version - melbas for the coating, seasoned fresh tomatoes and mozzarella for the protein -- or uncoated, chunk it up, top with mozzarella, sizzle under broiler, add fresh chunked tomatoes at the end.
That looks delicious! I am so gonna try that....!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #137  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Ok, my victory is semi-sweet .. I wanted to wi at 169 or at the very least 169.5, so I could officially wave to the 170's, but I will have to wait until after my beach weekend, as I wi'd at exactly 170. No worries, it will help me to stay on track, knowing that I want to see the scale at 169.
You are so there! I can't wait to hear about your after beach weekend success!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #138  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I HAVE to go to WI tomorrow...

I'm not really wanting to.

I've been doing pretty good...97% OP (like didn't have fruit today at lunch, no bread for breakfast one day, kinda slacked a bit on the water). BUT, my home scale shows me up 3 lbs! What the????

I shoulda went yesterday. Couldn't make myself go today. So, I gotta do it tomorrow...

I don't wanna be up - not for no good reason. I'm so disappointed 'cuz ever since I broke the 170 mark I seem to rebound back over it... This will be time #3...! Can't I catcha break!?

Sorry for the "pity party", I'm just so bummed... Feeling like an anti-loser...
Old 06-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #139  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

Wow. I've missed so much!!! I just read all 10 pages of Take 21 but I don't think I've really read anything past Take 18, maybe 19. It's been a rough couple of weeks. It started with a trip 2 weeks ago to OK to visit my best friends. We had massages and pedicures and then went out to eat this amazing fondue restaurant. I indulged and since then, have had the hardest time getting back on track. Then last weekend was a friends going away party and I drank a lot, which lead to eating a lot of bad food. Monday was so-so OP, Tuesday was not. But Wednesday, Thursday and then today have all been back on track. I'm only 4.5 lbs away from the 50 lb board. I really hope to hit it next week.

When I went to weigh in yesterday (which I hadn't done since 6/2), I confessed everything and had a good heart-to-heart with my favorite counselor. I told her that I think part of the problem is I've gotten burned out. Burned out on obsessing about every little thing I put in my mouth. I was never a fat person that thought about food all the time. I didn't think about food hardly at all. Just ate what I wanted, when I wanted. I would go all day without eating and then scarf down dinner. I didn't sneak food, I didn't think about when I could eat again. I wasn't food obsessed but now I am. I'm tired of having to make my friends go where I want to go when we go out because of their menu (I know my "safe" places). I'm tired of not just being able to eat like a "normal" person.

But after much battling with myself, I am back on program and know that I will NEVER be able to eat like that. Once in a while, special occasions, maybe. But for the most part, I'll be eating very close to this for the rest of my life and I need to start making that connection in my head.

I think I'm going to ride my bike to the center tomorrow to weigh in (only 3 miles round trip). I wanted to do it last weekend and didn't because I still felt so guilty but because I've been better this week, I'm going to do it. Even if I don't see a drop on the home scale tomorrow!

I'm also going to try and get better about checking in here. The support and motivation I get from reading all your posts really does help. I think it's part of why I avoided, though. Because it would probably have made me feel even more guilty and I wanted to wallow in my pity party for a little bit longer.

There have been some great successes and I'm so proud of all of you. Keep trucking!!!

Last edited by angierue; 06-20-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #140  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

angierue - don't beat yourself up so much....you did it, it's done, your back on plan. You've come a long way - you should be proud of that, and what you KNOW you can do! Keep your chin up girl - we're rooting for you!

Ok ladies....here was my day. Went in this morning for a WI...down 1.5lb from Tues, and down 8.5 total (I'm on day 7). So I was pretty happy about that. Did some major grocery shopping - but sadly I can't even eat most of what I bought! But my teenagers we're pretty happy. Then I made a wonderful cheesy, pizza bake meal for the boys (one of their favorites) and I had turkey & brocolli & bread - although I did "cheat" and use a dab of brummel & brown instead of ICBINB spray. After that I went to a girlfriends house to color her hair - we do this fairly often, and we always drink a few beers at the same time. Well I'm proud to say I resisted the temptation! So I made it through grocery shopping, cooking something yummy, and drinking beer on a Friday night!! I'm really proud of myself. I figure by my next WI on Tues I should be in my platue stage, and If I gain I don't want to wonder if it was from the poor choices I made, or part of the natural course this plan should take me on. I'm going to treat myself to another "rootbeer float" tonight - I deserve it!

Good luck everyone for the weekend - be strong!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #141  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
When I weighed in today they gave me the meta quick plan to do for 2 days. It looks like I might need to follow that on a very busy day because there sure is not much on there. I can do it, it's two days right? If it helps me get over this hump then I Will Do It....
That is the 2nd time I have heard 'metaquick'.... what's metaquick?
Old 06-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #142  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

oops I should have said, that is the 2nd time tonight that I have heard (read) the term 'metaquick'.

And to the person who talked about being hungry all the time, the same thing has happened to me the last 2 days, but this afternoon I was thinking about it and I think it was due to caffeine - yesterday morning I had to wake up early (4 am) and had a long day ahead of me, so I made a tall glass of ice tea with splenda and drank it first thing. Well then at 6 am I had breakfast, one of those chocolate wafer MRB's. It tasted great, but 2 hours later I was starving so I had to have a 2nd breakfast! I tried to stay as op as I could by special ordering 2 scrambled eggs with no oil or butter and had that with just 1 slice of (albeit regular since I was at the cafe at work) wheat bread with ICBINB spray. But I was sad because I had to have 4 meals yesterday. Usually I am good to go for 5 hours on this plan.

So, it was either the wafers, or maybe the caffeine... this morning I had another tall glass of ice tea and although I didn't have to eat another breakfast, I was hungry for most of the day. Has anyone else experienced this after drinking a large amount of caffeine? I'm going to not have any caffeine for a long time to see how I feel.

I have to go wi tomorrow, I'll report back after that. I have no idea where I'm at because although I have a scale at home, my weight can change 5 lbs from morning to night. So I never freak out at my scale at home, I always just wait to see what the scale at the center says.

Oh and I HAVE to buy some of those creamy soup HNS's and start trying new recipes 'cause I'm starting to get tired of plain baked chicken and baked tilapia

TGIF!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:38 AM   #143  

Jennifer ... Metaquick is a program you can do for 1 week out of each month where you eat/drink a shake or bar for breakfast and lunch and then a dinner that consists of specific proteins (chicken, fish, etc.), veggies and a bread. Usually while you're on the Metaquick not too much happens, but when you're done you usually lose again. They use it to break plateaus and for people struggling. I've done it a few times and didn't really see any results that I didn't see on the regular program. For my body, the shakes have way too many carbs in them and I think that inhibits my personal weight loss.I also can't eat the wafer "cookies" --- they trigger too much for me, taste too much like a dessert. I'm always hungry after I eat those. Just keep trying new things, you're doing great.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Oh and I HAVE to buy some of those creamy soup HNS's and start trying new recipes 'cause I'm starting to get tired of plain baked chicken and baked tilapia
Strawberry, I have found three ways to cook tilapia that work for me, and baking is my least favorite. One way is to drizzle it in olive oil, shake a little cajun seasoning over it, wrap in a foil pouch, and grill on my George Foreman grill for 7 minutes. (Sometimes I squeeze a little lemon or lime over it, but I think that might be cheating.)

My favorite way is to sprinkle it with a little cajun seasoning and pan fry it in olive oil. Oh my goodness!!! It gets this yummy crust around the edges, and the outside browns just a little bit, and I never thought I could say that I LOVE fish, but I do love it this way. I think it takes about 3.5 minutes on each side. I don't do this as often as I'd like because my vent-a-hood isn't vented outside, and this method usually sets my smoke detector off, which agonizes my beagle.

Actually, I use my George Foreman grill about four times a week. It isn't as tasty as an outdoor grill, but that's not practical for me at school. I cook my chicken breast that way most days. You can also cook salmon on it and veggies sliced thick, like zucchini or squashes or whatever. Steaks, too, but they are a little disappointing because I miss that smokey flavor you get from an outdoor grill.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #145  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Thanks for all the great idea on eggplant! Sounds like I can add it to other veggie combo's I've been doing. I didn't know if I had to prep it or pre-cook it differently. I love the lasagna idea!

Angie - it's really good to see you back. You've been missed a lot. I did have a lot of the same battles around your weight loss mark. I just had to have a little memorial for the old me and embrace the new me. Ever wonder how skinny people eat and stay slim? From my observation, they are very picky, eat in small portions and have a few yummy indulgences here and there. I am far from perfect, but when I can't get away from the craving, I just have 2 small bites. Gets it out of my system and I don't need to eat the whole thing to have the taste. I really talk to myself first and analyze whether its worth a 3 day set back. Sometimes it is, and I truly enjoy the bites and sometimes it's not and I just say no. What I can't stand is the disapproving looks from my DH & DD or them trying to stop me. So now I just tell them I'm going to eat this and enjoy my two bites, so don't say anything. If I'm feeling weak and I don't want them to eat something around me - I tell them. If I'm feeling strong and it doesn't bother me - I tell them. They now know my moods and temptation level will not be consistent and they count on me telling them instead of getting upset.

I have been in a 3 week plateau and couldn't break past the 175 mark. I didn't even bother jumping on the scale yesterday morning. Today it finally moved to 173!! I try not to let the scale dictate to me, but it is good to see the number move

During this last 3 weeks, my blood pressure has been dropping too. I finally made a call to my nurse who freaked - she didn't like 81/55!! So yesterday morning I went in to see the Dr. When I was thin, in my teens, my blood pressure was low. He thinks my body just might be trying to adjust - not as much fat to pump through, so it might be taking it easy until it gets used to the new me. But, they took blood to run a bunch of tests to be sure. Just hope it's not my thyroid. They were most concerned about my heart or a stroke. My dad had a quadrupal bypass in his mid 40's and mom had a heart attack at 59. I was born with a heart murmur, so I'm high risk. Which is exactly why I started on this weight loss & exercise journey. I'm trying not to stress about it - the dizzyness is what is worrying them the most. Luckily, my DH is an EMT, so now he gets to check my bp first thing in the morning for the next 2 weeks to collect "more data". Like 2 bp readings a week isn't enough! All this is a good reminder on why I need to embrace the new me. I can't afford to be heavy. Life is too precious to cut it short.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #146  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

angierue It's great to see you back. You are SO CLOSE to that 50 lb board and I feel sure you will get there very soon. Don't beat yourself up, just get back on track and move forward. It's a journey!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #147  
Chillin' like a villian

Ok, you guys are NOT going to believe this...

I woke up about 10:30 this morning, brushed my hair and teeth, used the bathroom and then jumped on my bike and rode to MRC (1.5 miles). I didn't eat or drink anything before I went. Visited with the counselor for a bit, took my bp, which was only 104/77 even after being on the bike for 1.5 miles, and then hopped on the scale. Before I go any further, let me say that I weighed at home this morning before I left and it was 289.4. I knew it was just a fluke because that was a big drop since Thursday. So we get on the scale and the freakin' settled at 290.5! WTH????

That means I hit the 50 lb board with .5 to spare! I refused to sign it though. I looked like crap! I was all flushed from the ride, wearing spandex pants and a big ol' baggy shirt and I hadn't even showered! No way was I going to take my picture. So I told the counselor that I wasn't signing the board today and if I weighed in on Monday and it was still that low, I would sign it then. Which means I have to remember to take my camera and my "before" outfit and to make sure I'm wearing something super cute that actually FITS on Monday as well.

*sigh* It's good to be back!!!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #148  
Chillin' like a villian

Finz - Just noticed your ticker! That 60 lb board is just right around the corner! WOOHOO!!!!

Gina - 83 lbs!?! That's just awesome!

Everyone has been doing so great! I've missed so much but I'm going to try and be better about coming around here. The extra accountability really helps.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #149  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

Angie, CONGRATULATIONS!!! 50 lbs. is AMAZING!!! And you're a superstar for riding your bike to and from the center!!
Old 06-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #150  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

I need some advice from all of you wise women! I have been stuck in a plateau for almost a month now. Every time I weigh in, I gain or lose the same few pounds. I have Liquid Minerals, I have been taking SeaThin for a week now. I got the bars and shakes to start 3 days of Meta-Quick tomorrow. I asked if I could work out harder and they told me no. Although I am still very committed to eating on plan and exercising, I am getting extremely frustrated and I feel like the girls at the center might be getting frustrated with me as well. Do any of you have any other suggestions for breaking through a plateau or dealing with the frustration that comes with it?
Closed Thread