Old 09-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #76  

Silverbelle:

Love your ticker. I'm in Auburn. War Eagle! I've lost 14 lbs. thus far (in one month - not sure if that is good or bad).

I'm trying to pick up the pace by exercising. I'm losing roughly 3 lbs. per week, but I expect it to slow down or plateau eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelle View Post
Just an FYI for those that might be interested...GNC has their Coq10 on sale right now (item # 705512) and I found the Liquid Minerals on vitacost . com for about 6$ cheaper than in your MRCenter.
NeedtoLose200Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 214.6/193/160

Height: 5'7"

So glad I've found this site. Joined MRC today, and will have my Food Instruction class this Friday. Today I purchased Hoodia, Co-Q10, Metabolic 2000, MRC-6, and Flaxseed Oil.

Are all of these necessary for a beginner? I, too, am looking to save money and will shop around for less expensive alternatives. Just want to ensure I'm not "convinced" I need something I really don't.

I lost 30 pounds with NutriSystem, and have lots of leftovers. Hoping I can use some of those products with MRC.
Alloramadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloramadai View Post
So glad I've found this site. Joined MRC today, and will have my Food Instruction class this Friday. Today I purchased Hoodia, Co-Q10, Metabolic 2000, MRC-6, and Flaxseed Oil.

Are all of these necessary for a beginner? I, too, am looking to save money and will shop around for less expensive alternatives. Just want to ensure I'm not "convinced" I need something I really don't.

I lost 30 pounds with NutriSystem, and have lots of leftovers. Hoping I can use some of those products with MRC.
I've been OP for about 17 days and I didn't start with any extra supplements. I do a multi vit and flaxseed oil (from Walmart) and that's it. I'm looking to save money also and thought I can always add them it I need them. Plus, my mom started taking everything all together at the beginning and now she doesn't know which ones are working for her and which ones aren't....so she keeps taking them all because she's afraid if she stops them she'll stall. I hit 12.5lbs. today so I'm pleased with my progress so far and can always start some later if I plateau. Just something to think about.
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 216/213/140

Height: 5"6

Default Black Market

Hello Everyone!!

I found this site yesterday and have been reading all the posts. I joined MRC the 2nd week of July and I have been very happy with the weight Loss, the only major problem that I have is the cost of the products. I am a single mom on a tight budget and it seems that every time I go in to be weighed they want me to take something else. I have no problem with that except the tight budget. I was wondering if somebody could tell me where I can buy the MSM other then MRC. They have me on lot's of pills and it would help so much if I could buy them cheaper from some place else. Help Me Please!!!!
Slimmerthenever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 197/185/140

Height: 5ft 2 in

Try walmart for MSM and I also took my bottles herbs/vit to the health food store to try and find some herbs/vit cheaper.
hope this helps.
blissfulmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #81  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimmerthenever View Post
Hello Everyone!!

I found this site yesterday and have been reading all the posts. I joined MRC the 2nd week of July and I have been very happy with the weight Loss, the only major problem that I have is the cost of the products. I am a single mom on a tight budget and it seems that every time I go in to be weighed they want me to take something else. I have no problem with that except the tight budget. I was wondering if somebody could tell me where I can buy the MSM other then MRC. They have me on lot's of pills and it would help so much if I could buy them cheaper from some place else. Help Me Please!!!!
You can get MSM, flaxseed oil, and any of the vitamins at Walmart, Target, KMart, Walgreens or CVS, Sam's - most anywhere. All for MUCH cheaper than the MRC versions.

Last edited by Meemo; 10-01-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 163/154/135

Height: 5'3''

What is MSM? All these abbreviations .. I'll learn them, I'm just going to have to ask..Thanks for the help. Throw in some others that might help too ,please.
cowgirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #83  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl76 View Post
What is MSM? All these abbreviations .. I'll learn them, I'm just going to have to ask..Thanks for the help. Throw in some others that might help too ,please.
MSM, methylsulfonylmethane (METH-əl-sul-FON-il-METH-ane) provides sulfur, a vital building block of joints, cartilage, skin, hair and nails, and methyl groups, which support many vital biochemical processes in the body, including energy production.

(from msmguide.com)

There's a thread about abbreviations, I just bumped it - it's called "acronyms"

Last edited by Meemo; 10-02-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 214.6/193/160

Height: 5'7"

I just purchased supplements on-line at Puritans Pride. They have a special until 10/15/08 where you buy one Puritan Pride product, you get two free. I found the following comparable Puritan Pride products much cheaper than at MRC:

#001452 - Omega-3 Flaxseed Oil 70% off - 6.97 B1G2 free - 3.33
#007273 - CO-Q 10 70% off - 8.07 B1G2 free - 8.07
#015613 - Hoodia Gordonii 70% off - 2.99 B1G2 free - 6.66

My friend just ordered a BUNCH of HNS from bariatricchoice.com. We ordered enough for a three month supply each at substantial savings.

It's all about losing the weight. It's even better when you can save money in the process!!!!

Just did the math. The B1G2 free deal is more expensive than what I paid at 70% off.

Last edited by Alloramadai; 10-12-2008 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Added prices/clarification
Alloramadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #85  

We have a local health weight supermarket here and he is very familiar with the MRC diet. He has his own diet and tries to sell us on it every time we go in but I have paid for MRC and will stick with it till the end. He had two products that equaled up to MRC-6. The are Safe and Skinny and Life's Fortune multi vitamin. He has a website HealthyWeightSupermarket.com. I am not sure if all of his products are listed there but he has the protien drinks for cheaper there too.
misseyme37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #86  

Default substuite for MRC6

I have found the sites that list the cheaper drinks, but I am not sure which one is closet to the MRC6 and the phentratrim...Does anyone know...All this gets so expensive..
Thanks for any help
stacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:15 AM   #87  
Meiho

S/C/G: 165/134/130

Height: 5'5"

I really appreciate everyone's commitment to weight loss AND the ideas for saving money on the supplements. When I asked about alternatives at MRC, the counselor gave me a bunch of reasons why only their products were effective, etc., etc. They obviously make LOTS of money on selling their products. The websites mentioned sell the identical HNS, even the box is the same except for the name at the top.

Thanks for everyone's encouragement! I feel like I'm on the right track and can finally lose the weight!
Meiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #88  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacee View Post
I have found the sites that list the cheaper drinks, but I am not sure which one is closet to the MRC6 and the phentratrim...Does anyone know...All this gets so expensive..
Thanks for any help
The closest I've found to MRC6 is this:
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=506

I don't know what's in the phentratrim, but if you have some check the ingredients & then look on the iherb site for something with those ingredients.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:41 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

I'm looking at HNS on dietdirect and bariatricchoice...how do I know if the drinks are powder or liquid concentrate? I'd hate to end up w/ a big supply of powder HNS
WooPigSooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:52 PM   #90  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

On diet direct, the liquid concentrate ones that are exactly like the ones MRC sells are: ProtiDiet Protein Fruit Drink Concentrate (7 Servings/Box)
Item #: PD312
Flavors: Tropical Fruits, Wildberry, Peach Mango, Grape, Orange, Green Tea & Cranberry, Kiwi-Melon.
1 Box/7 Servings
List Price: $15.00
Our Price: $9.99
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote