Old 09-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #61  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

bump
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:28 AM   #62  

I was told to drink 5 HNS per day. Does anyone else do this at all? Just curious. Thanks!

If so, how do you go about doing it and how has it worked for you thus far?
NeedtoLose200Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #63  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedtoLose200Lbs View Post
I was told to drink 5 HNS per day. Does anyone else do this at all? Just curious. Thanks!

If so, how do you go about doing it and how has it worked for you thus far?
What did they tell you at the center? I'd guess one with breakfast, one mid-morning, one with lunch, one mid-afternoon, and one in the evening. But my upper limit is 4, so I don't know for sure - I'm guessing. If your center didn't make it clear, give them a call. You're paying them!

Last edited by Meemo; 09-12-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Default for Meemo...

Hi Meemo...you are such a tremendous help and motivation to us! Here's a question I have to ask...call me a dummie but what does it mean when you respond to a post with "bump"...I thought that meant a link to some other post or whatnot - but all I see is the word bump, then your signature - just as if that's all there is to the post? Help out a still newbie, please!!!!!
SeminoleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #65  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
Hi Meemo...you are such a tremendous help and motivation to us! Here's a question I have to ask...call me a dummie but what does it mean when you respond to a post with "bump"...I thought that meant a link to some other post or whatnot - but all I see is the word bump, then your signature - just as if that's all there is to the post? Help out a still newbie, please!!!!!
It's just a way to keep a thread near the top of the list of threads so that it's easy to find. If there aren't any recent posts to a thread it'll move further & further down the list of posts. I think a lot of people had been asking about alternative sources for supplements & HNS & they'd been addressed on this thread, so I "bumped" it up on the list.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #66  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

It looks like dietdirect and bariatricchoice are the same company-- everything looks the same on the sites. However, dietdirect has a volume discount if you buy at least $99, so I'm going with them. I'll get ten boxes and save $20 over what it would cost at my center-- not bad!
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #67  
Started Precon 6/29/11

Oh, and I forgot to add that dietdirect has the cocoa and pink lemonaide powder in jars with 20 servings that you scoop out and mix up. So, that's about the equivalent of a box for $8. I bought the cocoa because I love it, but I hadn't tried the lemonaide, so I passed this time. Anyhow, if you do like both and buy them in the jar, you're saving almost $4 a box in combination with the volume discount, etc.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
It's just a way to keep a thread near the top of the list of threads so that it's easy to find. If there aren't any recent posts to a thread it'll move further & further down the list of posts. I think a lot of people had been asking about alternative sources for supplements & HNS & they'd been addressed on this thread, so I "bumped" it up on the list.
GOT IT! Makes sense now...thanks.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #69  

Default dietdirect dot com

Just placed my first "black-market" order. LOL. They totally have some of the IDENTICAL products as my center...just marketed under a different name. The boxes even look the same, and I compared the nutrition info and ingredients and they were exact - word for word, etc.

This is a great source, especially if you plan to buy several things and thus get free shipping. I am looking forward to a couple of new flavors that I can't get at my center...and the chocolate soy mini crisps that so many people seem to love!

Check it out if you are looking for some new items and want to save a couple bucks...
Old 09-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #70  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Just an update on my "black market" purchases. I got a HUGE A** box from Bariatric Choice 2 weeks ago and they are wonderful. They ALSO give a volume discount (you just have to order whatever amount they specify) and they usually have a code for 10-15% off (depending on how much you're spending) AND free shipping. I spent over $300 but I bought a TON of stuff for me, my mom and dh. I bought 14 or 15 concentrates, a bunch of puddings and cocoa, some of the canned, ready made drinks, a couple boxes of the meal replacement shakes and a bunch of meal replacement bars. I also ended up buying some of their vitamins and herbs b/c the prices were good. I also needed a good iron pill and they have a chewable one that has vitamin C which is supposed to help you absorb the iron better. I'll let you know next time I give blood if it works (I usually get turned down b/c my iron is too low).

Anyway, just another VERY HAPPY Bariatric Choice customer. Wanted to let everyone know. I need to see if they have thermogenics there too. Not sure. I'm getting a little frustrated with them pushing their pills so much. They know I buy stuff elsewhere but of course they always say their stuff is better. I really don't know if it is or not. They want me to buy the new Pentra-Trim.
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:54 AM   #71  

Hey again...what's the website for bariatric choice? I ordered from dietdirect dot com...but I'd like to check out the canned drinks and a couple of other things you mentioned!

As for MRC's pills being better - puh-lease! That's what every company says - ours is better, higher quality...etc. I just LOVE it when they tell me that "theirs" is "specially formulated" for their program. Come on...how exactly do you "formulate" a vitamin? I know they have their own little combinations, but as long as you are getting in some good vitamins and minerals, you're fine.

I'm taking WAY more than I'd like to be - b/c when I started I said yes to most everything they offered. I refused their flax, multivitamin, b-12, etc...anything so basic that I can just get it at Target, etc. Still, I am taking like 30 freaking pills a day! Crazy. And I TOTALLY wonder if it is doing any good at all...if I'd be losing the same without it? They love this, I'm sure - b/c it makes me keep purchasing the Corti-Trim and MRC6 and Enhancer out of fear!

Anyway - tell me what website you use...it seems the black market is the key to making this stuff affordable long term. And I actually really like some of the drink concentrates and figure they will always be a good staple in my long-term daily plan.

Rosemary
Old 09-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #72  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey Rosemary..Right there with you on the pill issue. I did the same thing and bought everything they suggested (out of fear) when I signed up too.

The website is on my first entry of this thread (there's a big list of other companies there too) but here it is for you: bariatricchoice.com. Their customer service is AWESOME and the shipping is VERY fast! I ordered on a Friday night and got my package Wednesday afternoon. They were willing to send the package priority but b/c they use Fedex Ground anyway it only took 2 days to get to me and that was free shipping. There has to be a HUGE They have all the bars MRC has (and more) and all the concentrates as well. JLMK what you're interested in and I can tell you have it compares. Their "Weight and Inches" shakes are exactly like MRCs meal replacement shakes also. Plus, when you get to maintenance and (even though you're probably not supposed to do this) they have cereals, oatmeals, soups, snacks, etc...that are high protein that you could use. The stuff still isn't "cheap" by any means, but it's cheaper than MRC and you can a lot for a little when you buy in bulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
Hey again...what's the website for bariatric choice? I ordered from dietdirect dot com...but I'd like to check out the canned drinks and a couple of other things you mentioned!

Anyway - tell me what website you use...it seems the black market is the key to making this stuff affordable long term. And I actually really like some of the drink concentrates and figure they will always be a good staple in my long-term daily plan.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rocki; 09-24-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #73  

OK - so I figured out that dietdirect and bariatricchoice are part of the same company...almost identical websites/offerings. I got my package today, so you are absolutely right about the quickness of it. I admit, I ordered some of the "double-bite" snack packs. I know I'm not to have it yet, but I want to be ready. I SOOOO miss salty snacks.

I got the vanilla weight and inches shakes - which I'm not sure when I can have...maybe now? I have to check my menu...the green one. I also got a green-tea shake of some kind...sounded good. We'll see. And the toffee bars - which I can't wait to try. I've heard so much good about those - and also a couple new flavors of drinks...lemon-razzy and a couple others.

I just haven't had a very good OP week so far...missed out on most of my water today with a crazy day at work...did get three HNS in...had a bar for dinner...ugh. That coupled with a disaster involving red wine (not much) and I feel like I've fallen through some kind of black hole. And I had been pretty much perfectly OP for the last 3 1/2 weeks plus pre-con.

Got to get it together, I know!

Rosemary
Old 09-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #74  
Remodeling The Temple

S/C/G: 229.5/161.5/149.5

Just an FYI for those that might be interested...GNC has their Coq10 on sale right now (item # 705512) and I found the Liquid Minerals on vitacost . com for about 6$ cheaper than in your MRCenter.
silverbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:55 PM   #75  
Started Precon 6/29/11

I got my dietdirect order a few days ago, and they're totally identical. Anything that says protidiet and looks the same as MRC is fine. Their pudding was slightly different, but the only difference is the dietdirect has FEWER carbs and MORE protein-- so, that has to be a good thing, right?!

Also, the samples they give you are pretty cool-- all protidiet stuff, but they included some soy pretzel things that don't match up with anything, so I think I'll save those for stabilization.