Old 09-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Seeking - where abouts are you in Kansas, I'm in Olathe, just outside of Kansas City. I go to the Leawood center (Overland Park) which I think is the only one in Kansas that I am aware of. I pretty much go in simply for my WI and measurements, all my education and motivation for this plan comes from the board.
Dixie,

I know Olathe well. Grew up in Lawrence and lived in Lenexa for a couple of years. I am in the village of Wellington, KS (about an hour from Wichita) so I am nowhere near a center. My sister goes to the center in Lawrence, so I deal with them via the phone and internet since it is three hours from here. In one month she has lost 15 lbs and 10 inches. I am very proud of her!

It makes me feel better to know that you are getting most of your info off this board too. I think that this place is awesome. It would be a lot harder for me if I couldn't come on here and read all the great comments. I keep encouraging my sis to get on here too. We have to represent for the Kansas girls and do well lol!
SeekingSvelteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 304/299

Height: 5'9

I am new to this post and like what I see. I am doing MRC for the third time. Since third time is a charm I hope I am able to do this.
I am a stress eater and am stressed 85% of the time. Atleast seems like it.
I lost 5 pounds the first week and then on my second week I gained it back.
I have trouble finding good things to eat I am on beige menu.
Any beige buddy would be great!
saxythang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #63  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxythang View Post
I am new to this post and like what I see. I am doing MRC for the third time. Since third time is a charm I hope I am able to do this.
I am a stress eater and am stressed 85% of the time. Atleast seems like it.
I lost 5 pounds the first week and then on my second week I gained it back.
I have trouble finding good things to eat I am on beige menu.
Any beige buddy would be great!
Hi and welcome to the board. I'm pretty new too. On day 13 of my program. There is so much great information, food ideas and support shared here, I think you'll find it really helpful.
Rdy2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #64  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Saxythang - check out the recipe thread, it's a life saver, lots of 'normal' menu items created to be MRC friendly.
DKRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #65  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Hey Pink. welcome3: Try checking out the recipe threads and get the cookbook. Also, FYI, check out the MCR.. redo20 thread. That is the "main" blog page where everyone talks and gives support. Have you tried spraying a little ICBINB spray on them? Also, try roasting your veggies like asparagus, squash and zucchini in the oven with a little olive oil and sprinkle with some seasoning and sea salt. That is really good.
Hey there HawaiiBound....I got your message a few weeks back and wanted to reply, but am to new of a user to be able to send private messages.. I am glad I found you here. The diet is going great, I went to WI yesterday and am down 15.1 lbs. since August 15th. This is the first plan that has really worked for me. What a great program. Hope things are good with you.
kclewis5606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #66  

Default Re: New to MRC

Hello Everyone!

I am new to MRC. I will be starting on the pre-conditioning part of the plan tomorrow. Wish me luck! I just went to the store today and bought all of my food from the menu for the pre-conditioning stage that they gave me.

I have a question regarding the legumes. They said that you cannot have legumes in a can, therefore, I guess you have to buy them frozen or fresh, correct? Which means either frozen or having to soak them for 24 hours or overight (if they are fresh).

What do ya'll veterans do regarding the legumes? Just curious. Thanks!
NeedtoLose200Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:23 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedtoLose200Lbs View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am new to MRC. I will be starting on the pre-conditioning part of the plan tomorrow. Wish me luck! I just went to the store today and bought all of my food from the menu for the pre-conditioning stage that they gave me.

I have a question regarding the legumes. They said that you cannot have legumes in a can, therefore, I guess you have to buy them frozen or fresh, correct? Which means either frozen or having to soak them for 24 hours or overight (if they are fresh).

Eat bread!

I go with frozen, just because they are so much quicker. Also, though your center will recommend against it, I buy canned. I have found black beans and lima beans that our ORGANIC, and show no salt or sugar added on the can. I eat those, but honestly, I rarely do anymore, since the 1/4 cup serving size is so small.
SchoonCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:50 PM   #68  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedtoLose200Lbs View Post
Hello Everyone!

I have to say I agree with Schoon - I almost always eat bread. 1/4 cup is such a small serving it just isn't worth it to me. Your regular menu will be different from pre-conditioning - so don't go overboard buying for pre-conditioning.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #69  
Eyeball Checker

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Kansas Girls!

Hey I didn't know there were KS girls on this thread! I am going to go into the Leawood center today and see if this is something that I want to do. My boss just signed up for the $99 trial package and I wanted do that but the offer expired. I am still going to check it out tho b/c she said that she did it before and lost 30lbs during just the 8 week intro! I was curious to know what exactly are the required supplements vs what are the optional supplements. And if you have to buy the required ones from the center or not. I've been looking at some of the vitamin/supplement lists that people have given and it sounds like lots of the vits/supps can be found at the grocery store, like Chromium Picolinate, CoQ10, Flax Seed Oil Capsules and multivitamins. So if someone could clarify that would be great! Thanks!
lesset01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #70  
Dixie

Welcome lesset01 - I go to the Leawood office. As for the supplements required vs optional - I think it's the Flax and MRC-6 along with the protein supplements that are mandatory - I could be wrong because I bought so much when I started that I can't recall what is mandatory or optional. Love the program
Old 09-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #71  
Eyeball Checker

Thanks for the info! If you don't mind me asking, what is MRC-6? is that some type of pill? or drink supplement? just curious....? I really hope my consultation goes well and I don't end up getting caught up in some aggressive sales tactic. Are they like at at the leawood office or are they pretty laid back about the additional stuff? I've gone to Slim for Life before and I HATED it. I hope its not like that! From what I've read they seem to be different in the fact that they try to help you learn how to eat w/ classes and the fees seem to be a little cheaper too.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #72  
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesset01 View Post
Thanks for the info! If you don't mind me asking, what is MRC-6? is that some type of pill? or drink supplement? just curious....? I really hope my consultation goes well and I don't end up getting caught up in some aggressive sales tactic. Are they like at at the leawood office or are they pretty laid back about the additional stuff? I've gone to Slim for Life before and I HATED it. I hope its not like that! From what I've read they seem to be different in the fact that they try to help you learn how to eat w/ classes and the fees seem to be a little cheaper too.
Who is your appt with? They are all pretty nice for the most part, I did have a negative experience with one of them once and I will not see her again and if I do it will be short and sweet - everything is great have a nice day see ya. They have some girls who travel between the offices in Leawood, Liberty and Lee's Summit. How they did with me it was kind of a typical interview of your body comp with the sales approach but I was sold before I signed up, I have two relatives who did MRC and when you walk in the door and see all the before and after pics it's a pretty easy sale. Plus this board with all the progress everyone has made on here, reading about it every day. I have nothing but great things to say. It's easy to follow, it makes me feel healthier, much better and if you look at my profile you can see the progress I have made. I did LA Weightloss didn't care for it, I hear it's alot like Slim For Life. Good Luck tomorrow hope you decide to join, I think you will be very happy you did.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:00 AM   #73  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Welcome lesset01 - I go to the Leawood office. As for the supplements required vs optional - I think it's the Flax and MRC-6 along with the protein supplements that are mandatory - I could be wrong because I bought so much when I started that I can't recall what is mandatory or optional. Love the program
Only the flax and the HNS are "mandatory". Everything else is optional. Well, a good multi-vitamin is pretty much mandatory, but that's a good idea for everyone.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:35 AM   #74  
Eyeball Checker

Thanks guys! I went today after work and it went really smoothly! It was SO much better than slim 4 life! I'm super excited and they absolutely did not knock me over the head w/ "this isn't mandatory, but I'm going to make you feel like you are obligated to buy it." So I signed up! My appt was with a lady named angela and she was great. What I really liked was when I walked in they not only had before and after pics of regular clients, but they had before and after photos of the STAFF. Angela used to weigh 200lbs like me and so she could absolutely 100% relate to me and it was so comfortable talking to her. I start preconditioning tomorrow (well i guess today since its 1:30am...) and she basically told me to cut out caffiene, increase my water, eat protein at every meal and start eating more fruits and veggies. She said I had a week to gradually do all those things before the diet started. I got the Flax and multivitamins and B12 supplement. I drink a lot of caffiene and she told me the B12 would help w/ headaches, cravings and energy while I'm getting off of it. Overall I'm super pumped and am excited to see what I look like 17 weeks from now!!!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #75  
Dixie

Lesset01 YEA So glad you signed.....