Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykk View Post
Hawaiibound Here is a recipe for Pancakes using cottage cheese. I really like them and our manager tweaked the recipe and I wrote it just like she made them. Sometimes you have to tweak recipes for them to be good! I will also put this in the recipe folder!

Suzi’s MRC Pancakes

1/4 cooked oatmeal- make this first by taking a scant 1/4 of Quickoats and blend with hot water until a thick consistency (thicker for baking and thinner for eating) Wait to add this until later.
1/4 cup (2 oz) cottage cheese- blend in food process or blender first to get all the lumps out.
1 egg
1 pkg. sweetener (equal or splenda)
Cinnamon (1/2 tsp, nutmeg (less than 1/8 tsp), vanilla or other flavorings up to 1/2 tsp(maple extract, butter extract)

After the cheese is blended, add egg and blend until well mixed. Add oatmeal and blend Add sweetener and seasonings to desired taste. Spray a hot griddle with butter flavor spray and wipe around with a paper towel. (Important to have a hot griddle) Pour onto griddle a circle with about 3” diameter. (If they are too big, they are hard to turn) They take longer to cook so watch. They do not bubble like ordinary pancakes. When first poured they are glossy, so when they begin to dull, it is time to turn.

Possible toppings are heated peach mango concentrate or other HNS with 4oz of water added and heated up. (They are great plain!)

It is easy to make up two batches at a time and can be heated in the microwave another day!

I use Walden Farm's Maple Syrup on them!

Enjoy!
Thanks Karen. I will certainly give it a try!!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #122  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
Hi everyone! I am still stuck in this darn plateau. I am very frustrated but I am still finding motivation here and in my closet to stick with it! I am traveling with friends this weekend to a River Festival. I know there will be lots of the fried food, etc. that goes hand-in-hand with these things but I know I can resist those. The part I am worried about is that I will staying as a guest in someone's home and I definitely don't want to be rude about any meals they may serve. I have the Fat and Carb Blocker so maybe I can use that. How do you all suggest handling situations like these?

My center is always out of the double chocolate pudding which is my favorite and helps my chocolate cravings so I ordered it online from bodyandhealthessentials. It came very quickly so I was pleasantly surprised. Does anyone know if there is a good place to order the concentrates online? I go through the grape like crazy and I know sometimes they offer better prices if you order larger quantities. I thought someone posted a link just before the system crashed...

Have a great day!!
Try this website. http://www.drwells.info/drinks.htm
They have concentrates, and they are only $8.00 per box.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #123  

Default Blueberry Muffins

Has anyone tried the blueberry muffins made with 2 eggs, HSN vanilla pudding, and blueberries?? I have my weigh in tomorrow ( thinking good thoughts!) and was going to purchase the vanilla pudding to make this. I was just seeing if anyone had tried these because I would LOVE to find a recipe like these that are actually good. Can't wait to try the pancakes.
Thanks in advance for you input!
Old 06-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #124  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post

ps...Can someone tell me AGAIN what the Sea Thin compares to with MRC? Thanks.
It doesn't replace anything from MRC I don't believe. Good luck getting back on track - I've noticed myself straying a bit lately too... grrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced extreme weakness/fatigue on this plan or if anyone might have some coping strategies. I went from taking naps maybe twice every six months to now needing long naps almost daily. I really think I'm doing well with the food and getting enough food. I'm also taking the flax, MRC-6, B6, and a prenatal multi as recommended by the center. I've spoken with the center and added a daily jigger of Liquid Minerals last week to help with fatigue. It really got my attention today, though, when I had to stop my workout due to weakness (first time I've had to stop--I'm not a newbie to exercise), and I felt desperate for a granola bar. I didn't have one, so I grabbed a stick of cheese and tried to get dinner ready as quickly as possible. Oh, I'm not nursing or even chasing the baby in my avatar photo--she's my niece and doesn't live nearby, so the fatigue isn't attributable to her.
They told me to make sure I took the liquid minerals when I felt like this. But, I see that you have done that already. Hoodia helps give you a bit more energy... Also, maybe you need more protein. Try eating the higher protein foods. It's helped me. It does take awhile for your body to adjust - maybe that's what it is. I remember that I would get really cold! Especially after eating. I mean shiver cold! They told me it was the thermogenic and that the coldness would go away once my body adapted. I don't get cold anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Ok guys, I've been reading your posting about all the differnt meal plans and supplements you take - and quite honestly I'm nervous now. I don't have much will power & it sounds hard to be measuring out my portions, etc. Like I've said I don't start my menu till Friday. I've got 3 teenagers and a 5 yr old at home for meals, and you know how they eat. How in the world am I going to be able to resist what they are eating (especially if I'm making it for them) and cook myself something different. I'm not working through the summer, but once school starts again I will be...how will I find the time to eat correctly then? AAAHHHHGGGG! Maybe I'm over thinking this - but I'm having some doubts that I'll be able to do this plan the right way. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
I'm doing this with 4 kids also. It can be hard, but I do best when I make my meals in advance. Then I just cook for my family and mine is already done! Try making some stuffed peppers with ground turkey (one of my favorites), make some taco meat ahead & have taco salad one day, maybe a soft taco the next with the low cal tortilla. Grill some extra chicken & have a chicken breast & veggies. Use another for grilled chicken salad. I use the HNS Cream of Chicken & just chop up 4 oz. chicken into it then add some green beans for the 4 oz. veggies. Quick & easy. I also like to make turkey chili.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #125  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post

My center is always out of the double chocolate pudding which is my favorite and helps my chocolate cravings so I ordered it online from bodyandhealthessentials. It came very quickly so I was pleasantly surprised. Does anyone know if there is a good place to order the concentrates online? I go through the grape like crazy and I know sometimes they offer better prices if you order larger quantities. I thought someone posted a link just before the system crashed...

Have a great day!!
http://www.drwells.info/drinks.htm

I think that's it. I couldn't find the shipping from them tho. Anyone know what they charge? I have to put in all my payment info. before it will tell me.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 06-10-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #126  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hey ladies- new to the boards, so I'm just floating around reading posts and responding every so often. I'm surprised and pleased to see so many post from the Omaha, Bellevue area- I am not alone!
I go to the center in Lincoln, last night I went to a class called 'Think Yourself Thin'. The director/manager of the center gave the class, and she said that the Bellevue center is #1 in sales right now, and that the director/manager of that store told my director/manager how she did it. She basically started doing positive affirmations and listening to meditation cd's.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #127  
Jennifer

Quote:
I'm just on my pre-conditioning now till Friday (get my menus then?) so wish me luck.
Good luck! You will get your first menu then. They will then probably tell you to get out all your cravings over the weekend and start the program on Monday, that's what they told me. But I had just spent a whole week getting all my cravings in instead of doing 'pre-conditioning' so I started on Saturday. I have to tell you that for me it wasn't all that easy, lunch is the hardest because I don't like salada all that much. But I started on Saturday, and when I came into the center Monday evening to go to a class, they weighed me and I was down 4 pounds. That's what makes it all worth it!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #128  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
MomofBoys You are going to be just fine! You need to do some pre-planning and have the desire to succeed and all will be well. Don't worry about anyone else's plan. They will give you the one that is right for you on Friday.

I also attend the Bellvue center, so if you would ever want to meet up in person, that would be great with me. You too Kristie! ShineOn also attends as well as GraduateThin We have met up. I plan on going Wednesday morning and Friday morning this week, so if you want to meet, let me know!

Make sure you attend the classes that are offered, especially the cookie classes. They will help you get through major events!

One of the most important things is to have a support system in place. On the Today show they were saying this is very important to having success in weight loss and a forum like this is a great place for support. For me personally, when I stopped posting here, I stopped losing. I didn't realize how important this forum is!

You are going to be Mahvelous, Dahling! ( my best Billy Crystal imitation) For you ShineON

Thanks so much for the encouragment I knew this board would be helpful, but now I know just how helpful. I've calmed down a bit since this morning - just trying to concentrate on getting through the day without causing too much damage to my pre-conditioning!

I'll be going to the 5:30 meeting on Friday, but maybe I can try to meet up with you next week - I'd love to meet all of you that go to the Bellevue center! Also thanks for the tips on classes....I wasn't sure about them.

I may just make it yet....
Old 06-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #129  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Just wanted to let you all know how much your posts meant to me today - thanks for the encouragment Hawaii, Kristi, ShineOn, Krasykk, & Stawberry - sorry if I left anyone out. I'm going to trust all your wisdom that I really can do this.
My husband just left the country till the first of August. I want to be able to knock his socks off when he comes home! (maybe my new image will distract him away from how much money this plan cost!)
Anyway thanks again ladies - you've really helped me get through a rough start today!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #130  
Jennifer

Quote:
Ok guys, I've been reading your posting about all the differnt meal plans and supplements you take - and quite honestly I'm nervous now. I don't have much will power & it sounds hard to be measuring out my portions, etc. Like I've said I don't start my menu till Friday. I've got 3 teenagers and a 5 yr old at home for meals, and you know how they eat. How in the world am I going to be able to resist what they are eating (especially if I'm making it for them) and cook myself something different. I'm not working through the summer, but once school starts again I will be...how will I find the time to eat correctly then? AAAHHHHGGGG! Maybe I'm over thinking this - but I'm having some doubts that I'll be able to do this plan the right way. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Well, I don't have kids but I do have a husband (who is naturally skinny and eats everything). The first day on the plan, I cooked dinner for him, and then made my own stuff to have, which was hard. And then the 3rd day on plan we went to my favorite restaurant, Panera, where we go every weekend to have lunch and hang out. Well this time I just brought my own food to eat. I guess what I'm saying is, if you are truly committed to losing weight, you can be around normal stuff. You will want to have it of course, but you just have to pass it by and think about that beautiful body you are going to have soon Today I had lunch with my friend and she ate a slice of pepperoni pizza in front of me.

You will have to weigh your food. I bought my scale at Walmart, they are in the same aisle as the cooking utensils. I made the mistake of buying a cheap $9 scale though, so I'm going this week to get the $28 digital scale as I am not sure that the cheap scale is as accurate as I would like it to be, especially when it comes to measuring my one ounce of cheese.

The thing I have been doing to save time is that as soon as I get home with the groceries, I wash, cut, and place the veggies in zip lock bags so that when I need to make my salad everything is already prepared. The lettuce I buy in the bag. Chicken breast I cook 2-3 at a time, eat one and put the rest in the fridge for the next day. For my cooked veggies at night, I have been eating frozen veggies (brussel sprouts) so they take no time to heat up.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #131  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Does anyone here eat bufalo/bison on a daily basis?
Old 06-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #132  

Yeah, I'm supposed to have a ticker. Just seeing if it's working!!

OK. Apparently it's not. Guess I"ll go check and see what happened

Last edited by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40; 06-10-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #133  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Strawberry- I have the $28 scale from walmart and i love it, it really works well you should definatly invest in it
Old 06-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #134  

I have the $28.00 scale as well, and it works really well!

Yeah, got signature working. I feel like one of ya'll now!!

Last edited by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40; 06-10-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:06 PM   #135  
Jennifer

Quote:
Hawaiibound Suzi’s MRC Pancakes

1/4 cooked oatmeal- make this first by taking a scant 1/4 of Quickoats and blend with hot water until a thick consistency (thicker for baking and thinner for eating) Wait to add this until later.
1/4 cup (2 oz) cottage cheese- blend in food process or blender first to get all the lumps out.
1 egg
1 pkg. sweetener (equal or splenda)
Cinnamon (1/2 tsp, nutmeg (less than 1/8 tsp), vanilla or other flavorings up to 1/2 tsp(maple extract, butter extract)

After the cheese is blended, add egg and blend until well mixed...
This looks really good, but I don't think I can have it with the blue menu can I? I don't remember seeing oatmeal and cheese and an egg... I think I can only have an egg on the blue menu, along with the fruit and bread... OH wait, I think I get it, the oatmeal is the bread!?!?
Closed Thread