Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #91  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Thanks to so many of you for your kind thoughts, comments and suggestions in the posts that are now gone forever.

It's been one week since I went on the "dizzy pills" for the vertigo I was experiencing, and I can't believe the difference. No more dizziness. DH and I just came back from two days in the beautiful mountains near here, where I actually slept all night for the first time in over two weeks.

Our county seems to be recovering from the tornadoes well, and our community foundation raised over a quarter of a million dollars for the victims. The generosity we've experienced has been overwhelming and this week, we will start disbursing money to those who lost homes, belongings, cars, etc. Some of the stories are so sad, it really breaks your heart. I know that the stress from all this was a major part of what made me sick.

I was ready to give up this weight loss journey, so you will never know how much I appreciated having so many of you urge me on. After visiting with the MRC staff about going on a medical leave, they suggested I just watch to see how my body reacted to the meds (I'm on HRT as well as the meclazine). Well, to my surprise, I was down another 2.5 lbs last week so they think I can just keep going. That's just 1 lb from the 25 lb board and over half way to goal.

Now my NSV. One of my favorite stores is Chico's and when I started this program in mid-March, I could no longer get into their size 3 pants. Last month, I bought a pair of size 2.5 jeans. Yesterday, I got into a 1.5 (which equates to a size 10!). I haven't worn a 10 since 1997. So now I have two new pairs of pants in that size. Unbelievable!

It truly feels great to be back with all of you. Hello to those I hadn't met before, congrats on all the continued successes, and thanks again to all of you for your support. I've really missed this forum!

Judy
Gma to 4
Judy: Great news, I am so happy to hear from you! Glad that things worked out! WOW - a 1.5, that is fabulous!
Old 06-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

What is the 2 meal plan???
Old 06-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #93  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hey ladies- new to the boards, so I'm just floating around reading posts and responding every so often. I'm surprised and pleased to see so many post from the Omaha, Bellevue area- I am not alone! I'm sorta a skeptic about weight loss programs, none ever work for me for long. But after reading your postings I feel better. I'm just on my pre-conditioning now till Friday (get my menus then?) so wish me luck.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #94  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

momo-Good luck your gonna do so good on program!!
Old 06-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #95  

Height: 5'5

momof boys...good luck with pre-conditioning, you'll do great!!! I am just on day 3 myself but am happy with how its going so far...down 5.5 total!! I have to say I can't wait for Wed. to start the blue menu.

BTW which center do you go to in Omaha? I go to the west one on 120th
Alisha
Old 06-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #96  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Goal4Life - Great story! I had a similiar one last month. I got stopped going onto base. The gate guard asked me to remove my sunglasses. I explained that I have lost a lot of weight. He paused for a long time and said "humm .. . . . that's a very stricking photo"! That was a nice way to say your photo looks crappy! I wonder if they will let me get another id? After a hard look at the photo, I wouldn't have let me on base!! And yes, we have come a long way!

MrsPhibes - Back on program! Remember what Donuts always says - it's not messing up that's important, it's how quickly you can get back on program that counts. One bite, one slip, one meal, one day - just don't let it turn into weeks and months!! Great job on recognizing you were going down the wrong path and turning back around.

Welcome to the group momofboys & thelish! I go to the Bellevue center. I feel like I have unsuccessfully tried a million programs. This one really works. Just hang on tight to get through the first couple of weeks. Detox is hard! Once you get the hang of it, it becomes a very logical program to follow.

Last edited by ShineOn; 06-09-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #97  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
[COLOR="Red"]
Your results are super. It makes me want to go out an buy some of that stuff. Did you change anything else or are those two pills the only thing that's different in your journey?

The only other thing I've done is start eating the higher protein foods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattrimmer View Post
Blueeyedangel- Thanks for the update on the supplements. Are those the only two you are taking? I am on the all day and they seem to be doing ok but.. if I could do it for cheaper well that would be great. Keep us posted.
I take 6 flax, 1-2 vitamin, 2 B6, 6 apple cider vinegar pills (kinda replaces MRC6), & 4 HNS. I have Enhancer - it didn't do anything for me. That's why I tried the Hoodia. They wanted me to buy it from them but it was too much $$$. I figure I could switch back to the Enhancer if I think my body needs to be shook up a bit.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 06-09-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #98  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Hi all, glad to see all your posts i agree it was a slow weekend!

Crystal- Thanks for the info on the sea thin and the hoodia/green tea i dont think we have a dollar general here in colorado well in denver anyway..any ideas where i can get this?I am taking the mrc hoodia so maybe i should only take the green tea? My question to you is if these supps make you feel on edge or jittery do you know if the contain any caffeine ?

Well today the at home scale shows my down another pound , if this is right i am saying bye bye to the 220's!! Yay i am soooo glad hope everyone has a great day today!!
Congrats on leaving 220's!

If anything the Hoodia/green tea/Sea Thin combo seems to give me more energy... Or maybe it's 'cuz I'm thinner...??? But, I certainly don't feel jittery. And, it doesn't take much for me - I have a pretty low tolerance.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #99  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Quick check in..

I WI today and was up 2.5 lbs. I expected 3, so I wasn't surprised. I had a good talk with my center manager and we set up some goals for me and I signed up for two upcoming classes. I can't even remember what the classes are, but I need to go to them.

My goal (weight wise) for Thursday is to be back down the 2.5 I gained (and maybe a 1/2 more just so I can at least see a loss. I've pretty much been at the same weight for almost a month now. I've been up and down 142-146 over and over since May 14. I keep track at home too b/c I want to know day to day how I'm doing (obsessive, YES, I know) and it was very discouraging to see that 144 up there back on May 14 and here it is June 9 and I'm @ 144.5! UGH!

However...I am back on track today and even have hubby on board with me. They said he can have 6 oz of protein and should have 4 HNS. Anyone here know any more about what men can have different than our menus? DH weighs 185 and he's only 5'7". He would probably be good @ 165 I think. He was 150 when we met, but he was really thin back then. I think he's pretty upset b/c several people have made comments about his weight lately and I've been pushing him to not drink as much beer (he could lose 10 lbs in a week or two by just not drinking). So, I apologized to him for being pushy b/c he was never telling me to lose weight when I was at my heaviest. I just really want him to be healthy and I know he can't continue being overweight and still be healthy. It will catch up eventually. His last two doctor's visits his blood pressure was up and he had to have a stress test b/c of something on his EKG. Anyway..I feel bad that his feelings were hurt and I'll try to do better. I just want us to be healthy and fit together. It would help if he would exercise with me but he has no interest in the gym. At least I have him trying the plan though.

I bought the internal cleanser and the chromium picolinate at the center today b/c I'm such a sucker for their crap when they push it. I need more drinks more than anything and I keep buying herbs and vitamins. I don't think I can swallow any more pills.

Here's my new regimen:

Flax Seed Oil (2 @ 3x)
MSM (2 @ 3x)
Corti-Trim (2 @ 2x)
Chromium (2x)
Internal Cleanser (2 @ 2x)
B6, B12 (1x)
Green Tea/Hoodia (just bought) (2 @ 2x)
Apple Cider Vinegar (in place of MRC6) (2x)
Enhancer (2 @ 2x)
Woman's Multi (2x)
Iron Pill (1x)

That along with 4 HNS, 3 Fiber Fills (they recommended this too, to get me back on track and stay full longer), 80 oz of water and my regular menu.

Looks like fun, huh??

have a great week everyone.

ps...Can someone tell me AGAIN what the Sea Thin compares to with MRC? Thanks.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Default coping with fatigue/weakness

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a few weeks, but I didn't have time to figure out the posting side until this week...still not sure if I've got it, but I'll soon find out!

I'm a mail order client and have only been to my center once--two weeks after I started the program. Today is Day 29 for me, and I'm pretty psyched about the changes I can already see in my face and neck. I'm hoping to get back into the center next week for another official wi.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced extreme weakness/fatigue on this plan or if anyone might have some coping strategies. I went from taking naps maybe twice every six months to now needing long naps almost daily. I really think I'm doing well with the food and getting enough food. I'm also taking the flax, MRC-6, B6, and a prenatal multi as recommended by the center. I've spoken with the center and added a daily jigger of Liquid Minerals last week to help with fatigue. It really got my attention today, though, when I had to stop my workout due to weakness (first time I've had to stop--I'm not a newbie to exercise), and I felt desperate for a granola bar. I didn't have one, so I grabbed a stick of cheese and tried to get dinner ready as quickly as possible. Oh, I'm not nursing or even chasing the baby in my avatar photo--she's my niece and doesn't live nearby, so the fatigue isn't attributable to her.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #101  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

stuck in grad school - are you taking a really good multi-vitamin and how is your water intake? I had a ton of weight to lose. I found I was tired and grumpy the first coulpe of weeks while I was detoxing, but then my energy really starting increasing. The few times I took a slight detour (two cruises) and introduced carbs, sugar and alcohol back into my system, I did find that I got really tired again. Are you detoxing from caffeine too? This may all be adjustments that your body is making, but at the 29 day mark, you should be through it already. I would make sure your center goes over your food sheet in detail to see if you are missing something. I was a pot of coffee a day person and quit cold turkey too. I've been caffeine free since Aug '07. So I would be a little concerned about your energy/fatigue level. Are you getting enough sleep? This last week I've been burning the candle at both ends and had a few dizzy spells, plus it really slowed down my weight loss. Just thoughts? Anyone else??
Old 06-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

I am almost certain that I'm not deviating from my plan (the beige menu) and have been getting 100 ounces or more of reverse osmosis water every day. I had a blood work-up about a month before I went on plan and everything was perfect. My multi is the Stuart prenatal available at Walgreens, which I've been taking for seven years now. I've been off hard-core caffeine since the beginning of Lent, but I still enjoy a mug of green tea in the morning. I think the caffeine there is neglible???
Old 06-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #103  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Stuck in Grad School: I take it by your name, you are taking classes of some sort. I too am in Grad school to get my M.Ed. in Early Childhood Ed. I also experienced extreme tiredness and dizziness when I first began the program.

How much do you exercise? I am not an expert on exercise, but there are several people on here who can give you suggestions for this. You might need to adjust your routine for a couple of weeks until your body adjusts to the program.

Are you stressed out or overloaded from class? This can cause dizziness, weakness and other problems. I think most of my problems were from stress. I have a tendency to burn the candle at both ends and it causes problems.

Are you getting enough sleep?

What supplements are you taking?

Just throwing out some questions for you to consider. If you are following the program exactly and getting your water and enough sleep, then I would definately talk to someone at your center again about what is going on.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default good morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a few weeks, but I didn't have time to figure out the posting side until this week...still not sure if I've got it, but I'll soon find out!

I'm a mail order client and have only been to my center once--two weeks after I started the program. Today is Day 29 for me, and I'm pretty psyched about the changes I can already see in my face and neck. I'm hoping to get back into the center next week for another official wi.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced extreme weakness/fatigue on this plan or if anyone might have some coping strategies. I went from taking naps maybe twice every six months to now needing long naps almost daily. I really think I'm doing well with the food and getting enough food. I'm also taking the flax, MRC-6, B6, and a prenatal multi as recommended by the center. I've spoken with the center and added a daily jigger of Liquid Minerals last week to help with fatigue. It really got my attention today, though, when I had to stop my workout due to weakness (first time I've had to stop--I'm not a newbie to exercise), and I felt desperate for a granola bar. I didn't have one, so I grabbed a stick of cheese and tried to get dinner ready as quickly as possible. Oh, I'm not nursing or even chasing the baby in my avatar photo--she's my niece and doesn't live nearby, so the fatigue isn't attributable to her.
I'm wondering if your getting enough food for the amount of exercise that you are doing? What kind and how much exercise are you doing? This is already such a low calorie plan, you may not be getting enough carbs for the exercise. I would let the center know about the exercise and if you still don't get a good answer, talk to your doctor and let him/her know what plan you are on, what you are taking, and the amount of exercise you are doing. Don't wait though, you want to make sure you get yourself checked out on that. Good luck and welcome to our little club!!

Last edited by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40; 06-10-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #105  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Ok guys, I've been reading your posting about all the differnt meal plans and supplements you take - and quite honestly I'm nervous now. I don't have much will power & it sounds hard to be measuring out my portions, etc. Like I've said I don't start my menu till Friday. I've got 3 teenagers and a 5 yr old at home for meals, and you know how they eat. How in the world am I going to be able to resist what they are eating (especially if I'm making it for them) and cook myself something different. I'm not working through the summer, but once school starts again I will be...how will I find the time to eat correctly then? AAAHHHHGGGG! Maybe I'm over thinking this - but I'm having some doubts that I'll be able to do this plan the right way. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Closed Thread