MRC - Take 20 Redux

You're on Page 6 of 27
Go to
  • Karen - great job at the party! I love that you remember my beginning struggles There are so many stories here that people have shared, and probably never gave a second thought too, but they come back up when I'm in a time of struggle. This is a fanstic place.

I'd like to think the MSM has helped with my skin - because it does look really good. But you can never be sure. I have the loose skin on my arms & my inner thighs. I have not been all that great with my toning exercises this last quarter and I know how important that is. I've taken MSM for years to help with eczema. It really does work wonders for me with a lot of health issues. I think the trick with supplements is to add slowly and cautiously. Don't buy everything they want to sell you all at once! You have to figure out what works for you. I was having horrible cravings and getting really hungry so I added two -MRC6 & Crot-trim (bought into the belly fat thing). I don't know what is helping, or it could just be psychological, but I'm doing a lot better now. We all respond differently.

Goal4Life - WOW! You need to be in a national ad for this company. You were always so text book through this whole thing. Good for you - and you look fablous darlin' (in my best Billy Crystal impression )

I was suppose to wi this morning, but I just can't face it today. I'm so bloated. I really have not been sleeping a lot and it's showing!! It has been night of the twisters here in Nebraska this week. I hope all our MRCers are ok - we had an F2 touch down in Millard. Usually the storms come barrelling right for us and then pick up and miss the city of Omaha and slam down in Iowa. Not this time, but we didn't have any loss of life so I'm incredibly grateful.
  • You are right goal4life. I will make a commitment to myself that I will try for a full month and once I see the results, I will want to keep going.
  • Hey all...great to the the board get going today...seemed to be a slow weekend!

Well I had my weigh in this morning! SHINE ON it would have been great to see you there! I lost 2 lbs since Friday. Not bad I would say. Because I am on Meta Balance, they only promise 2 lbs a week. NSV besides my meeting my goals, which I will continue this week, is that my blood sugar is back down ( it had crept up) and my blood sugar is better! Oh yeah!!!!!

As far as the MSM, it has really helped my arthritis. I know will have sagging skin so I don't expect it to help much there! I am taking the Cortitrim, MRC-6 and Guggle. I know the Cortitrim has made a big difference for me on this program.

Goa4Life I love the pictures. We started at the same time. I wish I had been as good on program as you, but we all have our own paths to follow and our won timing. I am just taking it day by day now. You are such an inspiration!

Wanttobeskinny Welcome back to the program. Our lives are a learning process and as long as we take what we have learned and positively apply it to our lives, we will surely grow. Congrats for making the decision to grow, not in weight but in yourself.

Have a great day all!
  • Hi all, glad to see all your posts i agree it was a slow weekend!

Crystal- Thanks for the info on the sea thin and the hoodia/green tea i dont think we have a dollar general here in colorado well in denver anyway..any ideas where i can get this?I am taking the mrc hoodia so maybe i should only take the green tea? My question to you is if these supps make you feel on edge or jittery do you know if the contain any caffeine ?

Well today the at home scale shows my down another pound , if this is right i am saying bye bye to the 220's!! Yay i am soooo glad hope everyone has a great day today!!
  • Quote: "If you think a weight loss program is too restrictive, stop and consider how restrictive it is to be overweight."

Here is a quote that a lot of the MRC's have posted, and I think Meemo has it in her signature box.
    MRC really isn't restrictive, it is just teaching us the proper foods that our bodies need, not want, to survive and be fat burning machines. If you give yourself 1 full month of staying completely on plan and following the guidelines given, you will see awesome results, and you won't have any cravings for those things that are not on the menu. Once you are detoxed of the food, and moving in a forward direction, your weight will come off.
    In the beginning, I was a true skeptic! I made a vow to myself, since I was spending all this money, that I would stick to it and really learn how to change my old ways. I think that vow is what kept me going for the first 30 pounds, then I really just learned that it was a great program, and I didn't desire the old foods that I used to eat.
    Ditto to that. I've only being doing this for 3 weeks now, and I am amazed at how I don't have the cravings anymore. I KNEW going into this, that I loved sugar foods and carbs, but didn't realize how much of it I ate. I thought I ate pretty healthy most of the time, afterall, I had done W.W. on and off for a long time. But feeding sugar to a sugar addict is like feeding alchohol to an alcoholic. It just doesn't work. Doesn't mean I can't have some sugar or a cookie here and there in the future, but moderation will be the key. For now, I commited 6 months to the program, and I know I'm worth 6 months of my time to feel better, look better, and do the things in life that I can't do at this weight!! I WILL be parasailing, and skiing, and all kinds of things. Think about what motivates you and believe you are worth being fit and looking good!!!!
  • Quote: Goal4Life - WOW! You need to be in a national ad for this company. You were always so text book through this whole thing. Good for you - and you look fablous darlin' (in my best Billy Crystal impression )
    Thank you for the Billy Crystal quote
    My local MRC is going to put me up on their billboard ad, on their next cycle after their current contract is over. When they do it, I am going to take a pic of the billboard, I will have to load it here for you all to see. To funny, I wouldn't have ever thought I'd be on a billboard, I guess that is going to be my claim to fame... LOL...

I am so glad you are back for your last bit of weight to lose. You have been great since I first started reading your posts. I think we both have come a long way. What a learning experience it is, I guess it takes us our whole lives to learn to be unhealthy, and we are trying to learn healthy in a few short months.
    You can do this!
  • ok, I have a funny NSV..kinda weight related, kinda not...

My dh wanted a 6 pack of beer for this past weekend. I offered to stop and pick it up on my way home..no biggie right?!
    Well I went into the store with just my bank card (I am 30, so I really don't get carded that often). Well first the clerk, says, I need to see your i.d card. I run back outside (amazed that he even asked), and grabbed my drivers license. I showed him my license, and he didn't believe it was me (my pic was taken when I was around 260-270 pounds). I had to assure him it was, it took me like 20 mins to convince this poor guy, I showed him all my cards in my wallet, and my military i.d, showing my name, my checks everything. Finally, he sold me the beer. I wanted to laugh and cry in the midst of it all. Laugh, because I felt so good that I didn't LOOK 30 or 21 for that matter, and cry because all these people were looking at me like I was trying to do something illegal. LOL
  • Quote: ok, I have a funny NSV..kinda weight related, kinda not...

My dh wanted a 6 pack of beer for this past weekend. I offered to stop and pick it up on my way home..no biggie right?!
    Well I went into the store with just my bank card (I am 30, so I really don't get carded that often). Well first the clerk, says, I need to see your i.d card. I run back outside (amazed that he even asked), and grabbed my drivers license. I showed him my license, and he didn't believe it was me (my pic was taken when I was around 260-270 pounds). I had to assure him it was, it took me like 20 mins to convince this poor guy, I showed him all my cards in my wallet, and my military i.d, showing my name, my checks everything. Finally, he sold me the beer. I wanted to laugh and cry in the midst of it all. Laugh, because I felt so good that I didn't LOOK 30 or 21 for that matter, and cry because all these people were looking at me like I was trying to do something illegal. LOL
    That is TOO funny!!! Guess you will have to go and get your license changed now!!
  • Goal4Life Wonderful story!
    All I can say is hope that happens to me, however at 51 I don't think that will be a problem!
  • Quote: Hi all, glad to see all your posts i agree it was a slow weekend!

Crystal- Thanks for the info on the sea thin and the hoodia/green tea i dont think we have a dollar general here in colorado well in denver anyway..any ideas where i can get this?I am taking the mrc hoodia so maybe i should only take the green tea? My question to you is if these supps make you feel on edge or jittery do you know if the contain any caffeine ?

Well today the at home scale shows my down another pound , if this is right i am saying bye bye to the 220's!! Yay i am soooo glad hope everyone has a great day today!!
    I bought Mega T Green T plus Hoodia at Sams this weekend. You get 2 big bottles for $17.00. I am taking that plus the sea thin. We shall see !
  • Wanttobeskinny- I have really changing my way of thinking. I am just going into this as a new way of life. I will say it sucks when ever I feel stressed and want to eat but..I will feel better in a year. You know it can be done you have done it in the past. You are worth to look and most importantly feel better.
    Alot of people have said on here before nothing taste as good as thin feels.
  • Quote: I am going to do a shout out for my fellow MRC'ers that I am missing....
    Donuts...??? where are you??? I hope not in a vat at Dunkin' Donuts You have come to far for that!! LOL
    Jewlie..how's that vacation?? are you ever coming back??
    Namaste....we are losing buddies here, how are things with you?
    Angierue...how are those boards coming...I remember you were having some great NSV's, hope all is well. :
    3MM...we all miss you and your wonderful ideas, and wit that you brought to the boards.
    Oreoparent...haven't seen you on in a long time, hope all of the medical holds are off, and you are back to burning fistfuls of fat If any of you'all are lurking...check in, let us know how things are going.
    Ditto, and wanted to add Mirihawk to the list. Haven't seen her here for awhile. I might check with her on myspace...
  • Graduation Weekend
    This weekend was DSD's college graduation. I brought the HNS with me but didn't drink a single one .

Friday night went out with the whole family (including DH's ex). The smallest steak on the menu was 12 oz. I ate about 8 of it and left the rest (although I felt guilty about wasting it). Had double veggies and salad w/ no dressing (they also didn't give me any bread at all for dinner). The next morning at the hotel they mostly had off plan stuff. Ate an orange, 1/2 a buscuit with gravy, 1c 2% (no skim available) milk and decaf. Lunch was a picnic for the families of the graduates and I did pretty well except for the 3 cookies. The two meals on the road were Subway salads with double meat turkey.

Was doing pretty well back at home until yesterday when DH got hurt at work and spent the afternoon in the ER. Poor choices in the hospital cafeteria. Their salad bar consists of iceburg lettuce so I had 1/2 turkey sand, 2 cheese sticks, and some crackers. Then went to a party last night alone since DH was recouperating and ate some bad things like ice cream and chips. Don't know if it was stress or fatigue but today I am back on plan. Do not want to gain weight back but seem to be out of control.
  • I picked out the Mega-T Green Tea today from the Dollar General. It was $4 with a $2 rebate. I started taking it today and I have to say that I feel less hungry. Not sure if it is just a mind thing, but whatever it is works for me. I am so energized again after reading all of the positive post. I WI on Friday and as my own personal goal I am hoping to lose 2lbs. Heading to the gym before I have to pick up my kids.
  • Goal4Life - you look amazing. Enjoy your claim to fame....you worked hard for it.

Way to go Alexiah on saying goodbye to the 220's!!!!!