3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

MRC - Take 20 Redux

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 01:05 AM   #61
Junior Member
 
KathleenY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 8

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Loose Skin and MSM

A counselor at my MRC was holding a Yoga class. She said she had lost 140 lbs but I could see her arms were incredibly great looking! Her skin was a bit wrinkled and around her belly especially one could see stretch marks, she obviously had been very large! But almost no sag! I was really impressed by this and asked her about it. I expected her to say it was exercise but she claimed the MSM she took was what she credited for the missing sag! She recommended taking 2 big tablets 3 times a day. She also said it might cause frequent BM action but that's OK with me as the MRC diet always constipates me a lot even when I drink plenty of water.
Kathleen
KathleenY is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #62
Member
 
pamperedmomoftwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 94

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Default

What is the 2 day meal plan??? It seems like lately when I have a lot of things going on (dr appointments and such) I can't get lunch in and when I do it is super late and really close to dinner. Any advice for me??? Thanks in advance!!!

WOO HOO!! I saw I have the signature link!!! YEAH!! Now I need to find the site with the cute weight tickers!!

Sharisse
www.picturetrail.com/reser
www.myspace.com/ssreser

Ask me how you can get a choice of 3 products for 60% off!!!!
pamperedmomoftwins is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 01:59 AM   #63
Jennifer
 
strawberryrhubarbpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 166

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Default End of day 2 report

First of all, I love coming here and reading everyone's posts, it's really nice to know I am not the only one going through this.

End of day 2 and I've had my ups and downs. The lowest was the headache I got yesterday, it started midday and just kept getting worse and worse, probably the worst headache of my life. I was surprised because I didn't think I would get one since I don't really drink that much caffeine, so I'm not sure where it came from. Maybe from the sugar withdrawal? Well I had 6 HNS's that first day and I was still hungry a few times. Today I only had 3, and I was hungry a few times but not as much as the first day, and no headache. I even survived spending several hours at my favorite restaurant, Panera... I brought my lunch and ate it there. Hubby and I go there every Sunday, we bring our laptops, eat lunch, then we will surf the internet and talk and spend sometimes 4 hours just hanging out. I find that as long as I'm not hungry I'm ok. I'm used to eating every 2-3 hours so waiting 4-6 hours to eat has been the hardest for me. And I am finding that if I take an HNS it only satisfy's me for like an hour and then I'm hungry again. I might have to try the Hoodia.

Melinda - wow 102 lbs! that's so inspiring. You look great! I want to see a before picture!!

KathleenY - I have used low sodium soy sauce before and imo it tastes just as good as the regular stuff. I was excited to see your recipe as I can see a light at the end of my boring yellow menu tunnel! I can't wait to do a stir fry!

krazykk, I'm proud of you staying op during your daughters birthday party!

Ok girls I'm off to bed, I hope everyone has a good week!
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
HAWAIIBOUNDBY40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Statesboro, Ga
Posts: 137

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
First of all, I love coming here and reading everyone's posts, it's really nice to know I am not the only one going through this.

End of day 2 and I've had my ups and downs. The lowest was the headache I got yesterday, it started midday and just kept getting worse and worse, probably the worst headache of my life. I was surprised because I didn't think I would get one since I don't really drink that much caffeine, so I'm not sure where it came from. Maybe from the sugar withdrawal? Well I had 6 HNS's that first day and I was still hungry a few times. Today I only had 3, and I was hungry a few times but not as much as the first day, and no headache. I even survived spending several hours at my favorite restaurant, Panera... I brought my lunch and ate it there. Hubby and I go there every Sunday, we bring our laptops, eat lunch, then we will surf the internet and talk and spend sometimes 4 hours just hanging out. I find that as long as I'm not hungry I'm ok. I'm used to eating every 2-3 hours so waiting 4-6 hours to eat has been the hardest for me. And I am finding that if I take an HNS it only satisfy's me for like an hour and then I'm hungry again. I might have to try the Hoodia.

Melinda - wow 102 lbs! that's so inspiring. You look great! I want to see a before picture!!

KathleenY - I have used low sodium soy sauce before and imo it tastes just as good as the regular stuff. I was excited to see your recipe as I can see a light at the end of my boring yellow menu tunnel! I can't wait to do a stir fry!

krazykk, I'm proud of you staying op during your daughters birthday party!

Ok girls I'm off to bed, I hope everyone has a good week!
Hang in there. I had a terrible sugar withdrawl headache my first day on plan. I ended up eating a creamy, and that helped ( even though I wasn't supposed to.) After the first day, no headaches, and no being hungry!
HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #65
Bringin' Sexy Back
 
Goal4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Valdosta, GA
Posts: 520

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattrimmer View Post
Blueeyedangel- Thanks for the update on the supplements. Are those the only two you are taking? I am on the all day and they seem to be doing ok but.. if I could do it for cheaper well that would be great. Keep us posted.

Goal 4 life- How awsome for you! That is so great. I have 100 pounds to loose and will be looking for advice from you if thats ok. It is great to know that this is a goal that can happen.

Happy WI tomorrow.
Feel free to ask me anything. I am a firm believer that if you follow plan with no slip ups..then it is easier. I managed to stay away from the holiday food from October to January, and have not indulged in anything off plan. I am a true advocate of the menu being completly balanced for maximum results. I can't think of any other way that I would have lost 102 pounds in 7.5 months without starving or being way unnutritious. I really didn't use the MRC supplements. I just followed my HNS and took my own flax, my own calcium, my own b6 combo, and my own multivitamin. I learned to be really creative with my food, so as to not feel deprived.
__________________
Official Start date Oct. 22nd 2007
Long Term Goal:


Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization


Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...

Last edited by Goal4Life : 06-09-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Goal4Life is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #66
Bringin' Sexy Back
 
Goal4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Valdosta, GA
Posts: 520

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenY View Post
A counselor at my MRC was holding a Yoga class. She said she had lost 140 lbs but I could see her arms were incredibly great looking! Her skin was a bit wrinkled and around her belly especially one could see stretch marks, she obviously had been very large! But almost no sag! I was really impressed by this and asked her about it. I expected her to say it was exercise but she claimed the MSM she took was what she credited for the missing sag! She recommended taking 2 big tablets 3 times a day. She also said it might cause frequent BM action but that's OK with me as the MRC diet always constipates me a lot even when I drink plenty of water.
Kathleen
I think that loose or saggy skin is pretty much inevitable when you lose large amounts of weight. I know that the younger you are, and the type of skin you have has a huge role in it also, but even a young woman losing over 100 pounds is going to have some areas on her body that are loose and saggy. I can't advocate that any particular pill is going to change that. Kind of like when you are pregnant, your stomach really is never the same after the baby is born. If you have been carrying around a lot of extra weight for a few or many years, you will have it, how much is really just an individual issue.
I have lost over 100 pounds, and I do have some smalll areas that have loose skin, my inner most part of my arms and thighs, and a little on my lower stomach (which covers with bikini bottoms or panties just fine). I have learned that unless I stumble into a pot of money, that I will have to learn to live with it. A quote from my DH "would you rather weigh 275 pounds or have a little loose skin here or there, that no one will see besides us and your doctor?" I never took the MSM, can't say that it would or wouldn't help. I do feel that a little weight training and muscle toning worked for me during the weightloss process.
__________________
Official Start date Oct. 22nd 2007
Long Term Goal:


Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization


Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...
Goal4Life is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #67
Bringin' Sexy Back
 
Goal4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Valdosta, GA
Posts: 520

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Goal4Life - You look absolutely amazing. I'm so very happy for you. Now a request - you need to put your before picture back up with your after. You are truly an inspiration!! Big hugs
I am trying to figuare out how to get the before's and progress pics back up...I would like to keep those there along with the new ones also.

Thanks
__________________
Official Start date Oct. 22nd 2007
Long Term Goal:


Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization


Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...
Goal4Life is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #68
Bringin' Sexy Back
 
Goal4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Valdosta, GA
Posts: 520

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

ok..YEAHHHH...I got my beginning, middle, 3/4ths done, and current pic loaded under my profile. So, click on my 'bringin' sexy back' avatar and see the picture collage.
Happy Monday everyone.
__________________
Official Start date Oct. 22nd 2007
Long Term Goal:


Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization


Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...
Goal4Life is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #69
Em
 
Meemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW FL
Posts: 1,494

S/C/G: 170/142/137

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
I am trying to figuare out how to get the before's and progress pics back up...I would like to keep those there along with the new ones also.

Thanks
I can't remember exactly how I did it, but I basically photoshopped my before & afters together into one pic - you could do that with multiple pics too I'm sure. Don't ask me how to do it, tho, since I remember being surprised when it actually worked!
__________________
Meemo www.myspace.com/meemo_b
If you think a weight loss program is too restrictive, stop and consider how restrictive it is to be overweight.

MRC Repeat offender First time - 2006 Lost 33 lbs - 170 to 137.

Currently:



Last edited by Meemo : 06-09-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Meemo is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #70
Member
 
wanttobeskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 97

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Default I'm coming back

Hello all

I tried MRC last year and dropped 15 lbs and stopped because it was too restrictive, I thought. Then after going back to my old eating, I gained 5 lbs back. After feeling so depressed and sick, I tried medi-fast. I was on it for 3 weeks and lost 15 lbs but could not take another liquid meal. I gained most of the 15 lbs again in a matter of 2 weeks. I know that MRC is the only way to lose safely and without gaining all the weight back so fast. I am planning on going to the center today after work and signing up again. Any suggestions or words of encouragement? I really need it.............
wanttobeskinny is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
dkmd27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 561

Default

Kathleen .... I think the loose skin thing is a combination of many facctors ... genetics, age (we lose elasticity as we age), amount of weight lost, etc. I've taken MSM in large doses for several years due to arthritis, and it didn't do a thing for the skin in my case. Remember every "body" is different and we all react differently. I too have some loose skin on my upper inner thighs, upper inside arms and a tiny bit on my stomach (that was never my issue -- it's always been my butt and thighs -- lol). Doctor says that nothing really will change that except surgery. Having had so many medically-necessary surgeries, I'm not willing to have cosmetic work for loose skin --- but everyone is different in what they are looking for. (of course, talk to me in 4-5 years and I may be saving for a facelift -- lol)

I think the same thing is true for the supplements .... some people's bodies react to them, others don't. You will find the whole spectrum of opinions re: Sea Thin (and everything else) on the internet ... from those who have had great results to those who have had no results. It's just a matter of what you want to do. The only thing I ever recommend is that people investigate cheaper similar alternatives. (they are out there)
__________________
May 1st Mini-Goal:

Deb
dkmd27 is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #72
Bringin' Sexy Back
 
Goal4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Valdosta, GA
Posts: 520

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I can't remember exactly how I did it, but I basically photoshopped my before & afters together into one pic - you could do that with multiple pics too I'm sure. Don't ask me how to do it, tho, since I remember being surprised when it actually worked!
Thanks, that is exactly how I ended up having to do it.
__________________
Official Start date Oct. 22nd 2007
Long Term Goal:


Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization


Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...
Goal4Life is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #73
Bringin' Sexy Back
 
Goal4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Valdosta, GA
Posts: 520

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

I am going to do a shout out for my fellow MRC'ers that I am missing....
Donuts...??? where are you??? I hope not in a vat at Dunkin' Donuts You have come to far for that!! LOL
Jewlie..how's that vacation?? are you ever coming back??
Namaste....we are losing buddies here, how are things with you?
Angierue...how are those boards coming...I remember you were having some great NSV's, hope all is well. :
3MM...we all miss you and your wonderful ideas, and wit that you brought to the boards.
Oreoparent...haven't seen you on in a long time, hope all of the medical holds are off, and you are back to burning fistfuls of fat If any of you'all are lurking...check in, let us know how things are going.
__________________
Official Start date Oct. 22nd 2007
Long Term Goal:


Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization


Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...

Last edited by Goal4Life : 06-09-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Goal4Life is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #74
Bringin' Sexy Back
 
Goal4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Valdosta, GA
Posts: 520

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
This 2 meal plan has been kicking my butt today. I didn't realize how used to 3 meals I was until today! Man, I sure hope this thing works.
You can do it! Jennifer, you are so close to your goal!! Keep up your great work.
__________________
Official Start date Oct. 22nd 2007
Long Term Goal:


Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization


Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...
Goal4Life is offline  
Old 06-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #75
Bringin' Sexy Back
 
Goal4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Valdosta, GA
Posts: 520

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeskinny View Post
Hello all

I tried MRC last year and dropped 15 lbs and stopped because it was too restrictive, I thought. Then after going back to my old eating, I gained 5 lbs back. After feeling so depressed and sick, I tried medi-fast. I was on it for 3 weeks and lost 15 lbs but could not take another liquid meal. I gained most of the 15 lbs again in a matter of 2 weeks. I know that MRC is the only way to lose safely and without gaining all the weight back so fast. I am planning on going to the center today after work and signing up again. Any suggestions or words of encouragement? I really need it.............
"If you think a weight loss program is too restrictive, stop and consider how restrictive it is to be overweight."

Here is a quote that a lot of the MRC's have posted, and I think Meemo has it in her signature box.
MRC really isn't restrictive, it is just teaching us the proper foods that our bodies need, not want, to survive and be fat burning machines. If you give yourself 1 full month of staying completely on plan and following the guidelines given, you will see awesome results, and you won't have any cravings for those things that are not on the menu. Once you are detoxed of the food, and moving in a forward direction, your weight will come off.
In the beginning, I was a true skeptic! I made a vow to myself, since I was spending all this money, that I would stick to it and really learn how to change my old ways. I think that vow is what kept me going for the first 30 pounds, then I really just learned that it was a great program, and I didn't desire the old foods that I used to eat.
__________________
Official Start date Oct. 22nd 2007
Long Term Goal:


Start of New Goal Weight June 7th 2008:
New Goal Weight during Stabilization


Bye, Bye 270's, 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, 160's...
Goal4Life is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2