Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:45 PM   #166  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Can you tell me anything about what sort of fruits they let you have? When I signed up the lady said bananas and grapes wouldn't be ones I could have....what about strawberries and apples or pineapple?
You also cannot have cherries, that was the worst news for me, I love cherries. I won't miss grapes or banana's. I'm not sure about pineapple or strawberries. I know you can have watermelon, I can't wait until I can have that.

The first 4 days, if you are on the yellow menu, you only have 1/2 an orange for breakfast, and that's it for fruit for the whole day. Tomorrow I start the blue menu (days 5-10) and I get to choose from 1/2 orange, 1/4 small cantaloupe or 1/2 grapefruit for breakfast. I'm not sure what happens after the blue menu, but from reading what others have wrote I think you get fruit for lunch also.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:09 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Man o Man, busy board today! Too much to keep track of.

Alexiah I eat bison almost every day. I would not have made it on this program if I couldn't. I absolutely love it and even this winter/spring when I was struggling I always cooked with it. I am sure that helped me from not gaining it all back!

Deb You caught me! I evidently didn't reread my post! Must have been a Freudian slip! Cookies are one of my serious weaknesses!

Well, I weigh in tomorrow! I did great on keeping my 3 goals. I was so busy with meetings today that I missed lunch completely! That won't look good on my food chart! I did have a bar though. I am hoping for a good number tomorrow!

Last edited by krazykk; 06-11-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #168  

Lori ... I don't know if all centers are the same, but at my center it was $99 to sign for 10 more weeks and $139 for 17 weeks. (I resigned for 17 just to take the pressure off of myself).

I'm also doing the preconditioning menu .... does anyone know what would happen if you stayed on that? I know you wouldn't lose as fast, but if I kept losing just 1-2 per week, I'd been more than good by my 17 weeks. Just wondering.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:59 AM   #169  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post

I know alot of us have contracts ending soon. (Mine on July 4) Is anyone else considering re-enrolling? I know I have the tools to continue on my own. I just think I need to be accountable to someone. And, I need the cheerleaders from MRC. Just HATE to spend the $$$...I should have done better on this...
I think the biggest reason to re-enroll is to get to the maintenance phase so you'll have the tools to keep the weight off. Even having gone through it it can be a struggle at times, but I know I'd be a LOT worse off if I hadn't gone through maintenance.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:09 AM   #170  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
You also cannot have cherries, that was the worst news for me, I love cherries. I won't miss grapes or banana's. I'm not sure about pineapple or strawberries. I know you can have watermelon, I can't wait until I can have that.

The first 4 days, if you are on the yellow menu, you only have 1/2 an orange for breakfast, and that's it for fruit for the whole day. Tomorrow I start the blue menu (days 5-10) and I get to choose from 1/2 orange, 1/4 small cantaloupe or 1/2 grapefruit for breakfast. I'm not sure what happens after the blue menu, but from reading what others have wrote I think you get fruit for lunch also.
Pineapple, apples & strawberries (all berries in fact) are allowed. It's a pretty good list of fruits, but not all fruits. And they have to be fresh or frozen (without sugar).

When you move on to the blue menu, it's fruit for lunch only - no more fruit for breakfast.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:25 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Just wanted to do a test post and see if my ticker worked!

www.myspace.com/ssreser
www.picturetrail.com/reser

Sharisse

Last edited by pamperedmomoftwins; 06-11-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:19 AM   #172  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Hi everyone I'm back from my 3FC vacation. I am so excited for all the newbies. I still remember how nervous and excited I was in the begining of my weight loss journey. The MRC plan truly works!!! I just finished stabilization last week, so this is my first week of maintenance. It is so worth getting to this point. The maintenance plan is building my confidence in making a perminent healthy lifestyle.

I am sooo happy and proud of Namaste (aka Denise). I just saw your name on the 105 pound board. AWESOME!!!

Goal4life, You are gorgeous!!! Is that your billboard pic? How dare you even think that I would go back to my old donut eatin' ways. NO WAY! To all the newbies, whatever goal4life says, I ditto that. We are of like mind. Congrats on being in the 100+ lbs club. Do they do glamour shots for guys?

ShineOn, again I love your new avatar. You look marvalous!!!

I WI last week and gained 3 pounds. But, my percent body fat went from 16% down to 14%. I must be gaining muscle. My starting percent body fat was almost 43%! I can actually see my stomach muscles showing through as a nice six pack instead of a beer keg.

I was in the bathroom a little longer than usual, so my DW asked if I was admiring my body in the mirror. I was a little embarassed to admit it.

I am getting ready to run a 5K this Father's Day Sunday. I hope Jewelie will be there with me. I've been running 5 mile runs with my running group, so the 5k (3.1 miles) shouldn't be too deficult. It has been so freeing being able to run with the wind again.

I had a NSV last week. I went to the park with my kids. I could fit on the slide and swing. It wasn't a option when I weighed over 350 pounds. If you haven't swung in awhile, you should try it. Again, It felt so free!

I bought the book on CD by the Biggest Loser Trainer Bob Harper called "Are you ready?" It really addresses the question of why we self sabotage our weight loss plan. It also has a lot of good info on overcoming emotional eating. I absolutely love this CD! Bob has a way of speaking to your heart. I also bought the book. It's that good.

Everyone have a great on plan day!

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 06-11-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #173  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Wow! We sure do have lots of newbies! It wasn't too long ago it was me. You are going to love it here.

Crystal.....Go ahead and resign....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Get back on plan and Go for that bikini!!!

Donuts: YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!!! You are such an inspiration!!

Congrats to everyone who has lost this week. I WI today and think I might be up a lb. I feel like I am holding water! ugghhh!
I wasn't totally on plan over the weekend either.
It has been much harder for me to stay totally on plan since school got out and I am not on a schedule and we have so much going on during the summer.

Well, I finally decided I couldn't do the exercise by myself, so Monday I joined a gym. The trainer is going to be great, but she kicked my butt on Monday and Tuesday. This is what I need tho. I just can't get motivated to do it on my own. I guess I just like paying money for people to make me do the things I need to do! LOL
Old 06-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Karen - I just have to tell you how wonderful it is to see you posting again. You have such an awesome personality and I've really missed you! I was thinking about as I was driving around town today
readytobethinagain - there you are!!! I was wondering what happened to you. I see you got into the dress for the wedding. I think it's time to set a new goal - I know how important that one was for you!
Hawaiiboundby40 - Humm, I thought I had a before & after - it must have disappeared with the crash. I have it back up. This one was taken at the 70lb lost mark. I was in a size 14 and now in a loose 12! I'll have to look up the blueberry muffin receipe - I haven't tried it, but it does sound good. I can only have fruit at lunch, but that sounds wonderful! As for the cottage cheese tips - yes, I do have a lot. The trick to the double chocolate cheesecake - or any cheesecake for that matter - is how you blend the cottage cheese. I use a food processor for a very creamy texture. I first disolve the gelatin and splenda in hot water (in the food processor), then I add the cottage cheese and blend until it's completely creamy - I don't want to see lumps in my cheesecake then I add the pudding last. The pudding will set everything up quickly and it makes it much hard to get the lumps out if you add it all at once. I blend my crust ahead of time in the food processor and I add a little vanilla and extra butter buds or molly mcbutter. You can also have the cheesecake without a crust and save your bread exchange for something else. I didn't prefer this because it just looked like a gooey lump to me. The crust makes me feel like I'm having the real thing. I would encourage you to try it again - it's my favorite!! I also use cottage cheese to make ranch dressing (1 packet to a pint size tub of cottage cheese, keep adding water slowly until you get the right consistency). I use it with a creamy HNS to make a smoothy if I want a "liquid" meal. There's a canola/cinnamon roll recipe that I will have to dig out (can't do that one from memory). And just plain with melba crackers as a morning "dip". I'm sure there are many more uses. These are just my favorites. I go through quite a bit.
alexiah - I eating bison about 3 times a week. I just use it in any dish that I would have used beef in. Tried the new bison brats over memorial day weekend - yum. They are carrying it at the base commissary now.
momofboys - My DH eats the same meals as me - he's just happy to have dinner with me. If he doesn't like what I'm eating, he'll heat something else up. Most of the time, he likes everything I cook - the vegetables are the hard part for him! Most of my dinners are pretty "normal" - you get really creative with chicken dishes and the bison helps a lot. You'll learn pretty quick how to tweak your old favorite recipes and make them MRC compliant. The cookbook is very helpful, but they give you a lot of recipes using the HNS. If you cook with it, you don't drink one with your meal (unless the serving size is high). I'm sure you will adapt very quickly. 3MM is great at this. By the way, where are you????
Thanks Shine On. Went and saw your before picture. Amazing!!! Good for you. Thanks for the advice on the cottage cheese. I tried doing mine in the blender, so maybe that was part of the problem. Also, not very sweet at all, but I'll try it again. Thanks for all the advice!!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #175  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Hello,
One of the salad dressings they recommend is Walden Farms. If you have a Publix near you, it's in the refrigerated section with the veggies. They have great flavors and use Splenda. When you look at the nutrition label, the only thing with value is the sodium...everything else is "0". And it actually tastes good. My favorites are Creamy Bacon and Honey Dijon.

The HNS (high nutrient supplement) are required. You must have atleast 2 per day and depending on which menu you start out with you can either have up to 4 or 5 per day. There are clears and creamies. They recommend clears the most - usually 70 calories and 15 protein. Creamies are more so we are limited to 1 per day. As part of the contract we have to buy them from the center, however some have found websites that sell them (dietdirect dot com) and buy them for less. The centers sell the clears for about $12 per box (7 servings) and I can't remember how much the creamies are...I think they are the same. There are a few items that are more/less expensive.

Have a good night!
Thank you for explaining the HNS to me - I knew I was required to drink at least 2 a day, but I didn't understand all the post I've been reading about the creamy ones I guess. Can you use the creamy one to cook with? No I don't have a Publix but maybe they'll tell me something comparable to use around here. I suppose if I just had a little patience and waited till my first meeting this Friday I'd have all these questions answered - huh?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #176  

Default Turkey Question

Does anyone know if the Jenni-o turkey burgers are allowed. They don't say is they are 100% turkey breast, but they do say lean, only 7%.
Just curious because they have a brats as well. I tried on the other day ( the burger) on my George Forhman grill and it was very good! I hope it's ok, but my guess it's not, because that would be too goo to be true!! LOL
Old 06-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #177  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
Just wanted to do a test post and see if my ticker worked!

www.myspace.com/ssreser
www.picturetrail.com/reser

Sharisse
Hows your water drinking going? I've found if I don't start drinking (water) as soon as I get up in the morning I probably won't do very good durning the day. Also - how do I get one of those weight tracker things? Thanks! And have a good morning!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #178  

Quote:
Hows your water drinking going? I've found if I don't start drinking (water) as soon as I get up in the morning I probably won't do very good durning the day. Also - how do I get one of those weight tracker things? Thanks! And have a good morning!
To get the ticker, you have to post at least 30 times, and for 30 days.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #179  
Em

Quote:
Thank you for explaining the HNS to me - I knew I was required to drink at least 2 a day, but I didn't understand all the post I've been reading about the creamy ones I guess. Can you use the creamy one to cook with? No I don't have a Publix but maybe they'll tell me something comparable to use around here. I suppose if I just had a little patience and waited till my first meeting this Friday I'd have all these questions answered - huh?
LOL - yes most of your questions will be answered Friday at your food class.

The "creamies" are things like puddings, cappuccino, hot cocoa (one of my favorites & about the only creamy I usually bought). They're a little more "dessert-like", but they're still protein supplements.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #180  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Morning everyone! I'm back and I'm never going to get through take 19 and 20 so I'm starting fresh! I went to Washington DC / Virginia for my Stepdaughter's High School Graduation at the end of last week. It was HOT!!!!! Oh my gosh!

Welcome to the newbies!

Goal4Life!!!! You made it!!!! You look great!!!! I'm so happy for you! Congrats! I'm sending big hugs your way!

Have a great day everyone! I'm going to scan through the pages, but congrats to all the "losers" out there! I missed you!
Closed Thread