3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

MRC - Take 20 Redux

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #151
Em

S/C/G: 170/142/137

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Ok guys, I've been reading your posting about all the differnt meal plans and supplements you take - and quite honestly I'm nervous now. I don't have much will power & it sounds hard to be measuring out my portions, etc. Like I've said I don't start my menu till Friday. I've got 3 teenagers and a 5 yr old at home for meals, and you know how they eat. How in the world am I going to be able to resist what they are eating (especially if I'm making it for them) and cook myself something different. I'm not working through the summer, but once school starts again I will be...how will I find the time to eat correctly then? AAAHHHHGGGG! Maybe I'm over thinking this - but I'm having some doubts that I'll be able to do this plan the right way. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
I'd guess that none of us went into this saying "I'm the Queen (or King) of Willpower"! That's one of the things that put us in MRC 's door. In the end it pretty much depends on what's important to you - if you're ready & committed to losing the weight, you'll find a way to do it. As far as your kids are concerned, if they've been eating a lot of unhealthy crap (and I've had two teens myself, so I do know how they eat!) & you're fixing their food at home, they can eat what you eat with an addition of a starch for dinner. The teens can probably handle their own breakfast & lunch. They'll be eating a lot healthier, and they can eat their junky stuff when they're away from home. Sure they'll whine & complain at first, but they'll probably feel better physically (even if they won't admit it to you).

I did the plan with a toddler around a lot of the time (babysitting for my granddaughter). It takes a little planning ahead at times. But like I said - if it's important to you to lose the weight you find a way. And in a way it's really very simple - you have a menu, you have lists of what you can eat & when you can eat it. You make choices within those lists. Once you get used to it, it isn't that hard. And measuring out portions isn't really hard - you will need a food scale - if you can find one with a big bowl (that'll hold 8 oz of salad) it's great - you can weigh your food in the bowl AND eat from it (that's what I did). And you don't have to weigh or measure everything.

MRC Repeat offender First time - 2006 Lost 33 lbs - 170 to 137.

Currently:

Last edited by Meemo : 06-10-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #152
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
I have to tell you that for me it wasn't all that easy, lunch is the hardest because I don't like salada all that much.
Cucumbers!!! I should add that to the newbies info - cucumbers are your friend when you're on that "8 oz of salad daily" menu. They're heavy! It's really hard to eat 8 oz of lettuce/greens, but cukes (and broccoli & cauliflower) are relatively heavy so you need a lot less of the greens.

Currently:

Old 06-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #153
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Mix cottage cheese with hidden valley ranch mexi ranch dip mix. I put it on vegetables and chicken.

Make fruit dip with cottage cheese, vanilla pudding, water and diet lemon-lime soda.

Mix cottage cheese splenda and cinnamon.

Just to name a few.
I like to mix fruit with my cottage cheese for lunch - fresh berries or pineapple, cottage cheese, a little Splenda & vanilla or fresh mint. Yum! I eat a nice salad first, and the cottage cheese & fruit is my dessert.

Currently:

Old 06-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #154
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

It's great to see so many newbies with all that enthusiasm! This forum is such a wealth of information.

I just checked out the MRC Recipe thread and there are some recipes on it for both the blueberry muffins and for cottage cheese. I'm not a cottage cheese fan but truly love smoothies, so now am doing a cottage cheese, mixed berry HNS, frozen berry smoothy for lunch on the weekend. Some of the posters swear by a cottage cheese/cooked oatmeal/cinnamon breakfast, but I'll pass on that one. It is posted on the recipe thread.

Went to WI today and was down 1 lb, so got to sign the 25 lb board. My son signed up today, so that got me some metabucks for product. I think I'm more excited about that than I am the loss! And bummer! I was told our center isn't going to stock the cappucino this summer. For those of you who are new and can have a creamy HNS, my standby for Starbucks is to mix up the cappucino with 8 oz. of hot water and a vanilla flavored splenda, then mix half cup of decaf with half cup of cappucino. It's like having a 16 oz. latte.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt within the heart.

Helen Keller
Old 06-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #155

S/C/G: 216/206.6/165

Height: 5'5

hi ladies, can't believe how much I missed being away from my computer today! How exciting to see a number of new people and hear about all the great losses!!! YEAH!!

The reason for the post is that I need some will power. I am very much an emotional eater. I am super stressed out. Hubby got a new job. All in all this is a great thing, but it will involve a move (not a long one but still). Anyway I am horribly stressed out!! If we can't sell the house soon I will end up stuck here with the kids until it does...AAAGGGHHHH!

Anyway, thanks for the vent!
Alisha
Old 06-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #156
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
hi ladies, can't believe how much I missed being away from my computer today! How exciting to see a number of new people and hear about all the great losses!!! YEAH!!

The reason for the post is that I need some will power. I am very much an emotional eater. I am super stressed out. Hubby got a new job. All in all this is a great thing, but it will involve a move (not a long one but still). Anyway I am horribly stressed out!! If we can't sell the house soon I will end up stuck here with the kids until it does...AAAGGGHHHH!

Anyway, thanks for the vent!
Alisha

As someone recently said - don't eat your emotions! There are much better forms of stress relief - exercise is a great one!
And congrats on your DH's new job - I know moving is stressful (wife of retired military guy here - 17 moves in 24 years) but at least it's for a good reason. Will send good vibes that your house sells quickly

Currently:

Old 06-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #157
Crystal

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to say hello to all you new folks - WELCOME! Hope you find lots of good friends & good advice here.

Congrats to everyone on your losses.

Hang in there to those who are having a tough week (or 2) - myself included.

I'm hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow. I get measured too. Kinda scared - I haven't behaved very well thru the weekend. Starting over tomorrow... Guess I will just go and take what I've got coming to me. Not sure why I did this to myself!!?? I was doing so well after the losses last week... Grrrrr I was so proud of myself...then just went way off plan... Arghhh... I'll be happy if I just stay the same...just don't wanna go over that 170 mark again.

I know alot of us have contracts ending soon. (Mine on July 4) Is anyone else considering re-enrolling? I know I have the tools to continue on my own. I just think I need to be accountable to someone. And, I need the cheerleaders from MRC. Just HATE to spend the $$$...I should have done better on this...

So many old friends are missing! Maybe they are having trouble finding us again after the crash????!!!

1st MRC Diet: 3/8/08
Inches Lost: 52 Pounds Lost: 31
2nd Try: 12/24/13 I Did It Once, I'll Do It Again

:

Last edited by blueyedangel : 06-10-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #158
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Well, I don't have kids but I do have a husband (who is naturally skinny and eats everything). The first day on the plan, I cooked dinner for him, and then made my own stuff to have, which was hard. And then the 3rd day on plan we went to my favorite restaurant, Panera, where we go every weekend to have lunch and hang out. Well this time I just brought my own food to eat. I guess what I'm saying is, if you are truly committed to losing weight, you can be around normal stuff. You will want to have it of course, but you just have to pass it by and think about that beautiful body you are going to have soon Today I had lunch with my friend and she ate a slice of pepperoni pizza in front of me.

You will have to weigh your food. I bought my scale at Walmart, they are in the same aisle as the cooking utensils. I made the mistake of buying a cheap $9 scale though, so I'm going this week to get the $28 digital scale as I am not sure that the cheap scale is as accurate as I would like it to be, especially when it comes to measuring my one ounce of cheese.

The thing I have been doing to save time is that as soon as I get home with the groceries, I wash, cut, and place the veggies in zip lock bags so that when I need to make my salad everything is already prepared. The lettuce I buy in the bag. Chicken breast I cook 2-3 at a time, eat one and put the rest in the fridge for the next day. For my cooked veggies at night, I have been eating frozen veggies (brussel sprouts) so they take no time to heat up.

Thanks for the tip about the scale! I was just wondering tonight where I should look for one. When I was in WW they had a nice digital one but it cost like $40....needless to say I never bought it. I'll go to Wal-Mart in the morning for the one you mentioned. I did wash & cut up some veggies and fruit tonight. I realized if the healthy food wasn't ready and avalible I would just eat Oreo's or something.

Can you tell me anything about what sort of fruits they let you have? When I signed up the lady said bananas and grapes wouldn't be ones I could have....what about strawberries and apples or pineapple? I also bought the 45 cal a slice sara lee bread, so I am getting ready and already feeling more confident.
If you have any other food tips or things to buy that might help, let me know. Thanks again!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #159
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Cucumbers!!! I should add that to the newbies info - cucumbers are your friend when you're on that "8 oz of salad daily" menu. They're heavy! It's really hard to eat 8 oz of lettuce/greens, but cukes (and broccoli & cauliflower) are relatively heavy so you need a lot less of the greens.

Great idea...I don't care for salad alot either but I do like cuc's and cauliflower! What kind of salad dressings are allowed? I also keep reading about all these HNS "things" - such as puddings and chicken stuff/flavoring?? How much does that stuff cost and is there anything I could buy at the grocery store that would compare?

thanks for all the great info!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #160
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Re signing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
I know alot of us have contracts ending soon. (Mine on July 4) Is anyone else considering re-enrolling? I know I have the tools to continue on my own. I just think I need to be accountable to someone. And, I need the cheerleaders from MRC. Just HATE to spend the $$$...I should have done better on this...
I'm with ya...I'm supposed to go in and start stabilization tomorrow. I do and I don't want to. The past couple of weeks I have been far from the plan and I'm really having a hard time getting back. My current home scale says 134, so I'm up a couple of lbs and I set my goal weight at 120. I actually want to get to 115, which means I have about 20 more lbs to lose. If I resign I want to be able to start fresh and say, "I have to lose 20 lbs" and not "I've lost 25 lbs and I have 20 to go". If I resign I think I'll do the pre-conditioning menu for a week and then go back to the green menu.

Only thing is that I don't know what are the fewest amount of weeks we can sign up for. Don't need to sign up for another 17 weeks. (and I sure don't want to pay for that much)

My other thought is to just do stabilization and while on maintenance switch back to the green menu and lose more, but I don't think that would be the best thing for me. So, tomorrow I'll talk to them at the center and see what advice they give. I'll let you know what I decide.

Have a great day!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:43 PM   #161
Crystal

I'm really thinking I will resign. Just really hate to put that money out there right now. That's so much gas! LOL But, it's my own fault.

I'd like to be at 130ish. I really think I can get to 160 by the end of this contract (if I'd just get back on track). That'll leave me with 30 to lose on a whole new deal. I think maybe KNOWING what to expect & do & NOT do will make the next 30 come off easier than the first 30 did. I think...

I signed for 17 weeks originally. Wish my center offered free weeks... That'd be sweet...

:

Last edited by blueyedangel : 06-10-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #162
Judy

Quote:
Just wanted to say hello to all you new folks - WELCOME! Hope you find lots of good friends & good advice here.

Congrats to everyone on your losses.

Hang in there to those who are having a tough week (or 2) - myself included.

I'm hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow. I get measured too. Kinda scared - I haven't behaved very well thru the weekend. Starting over tomorrow... Guess I will just go and take what I've got coming to me. Not sure why I did this to myself!!?? I was doing so well after the losses last week... Grrrrr I was so proud of myself...then just went way off plan... Arghhh... I'll be happy if I just stay the same...just don't wanna go over that 170 mark again.

So many old friends are missing! Maybe they are having trouble finding us again after the crash????!!!
Crystal, you've always been such a cheerleader for me and everyone else. And having a couple of tough weeks can make it harder to focus on weight loss. I remember what everyone always says...you just need to make a conscious effort to go back OP tomorrow.

You have made some great progress so see how you do tomorrow, then talk to the counselors about your options. Can you kick up the amount of exercise you are doing to burn more calories? Do they let you sign on for a limited number of weeks so you can finish your journey? And I'm like you, I need to pay the price to make myself accountable.

Hang in there! I have confidence that you CAN do this.

Judy
Gma to 4

Helen Keller
Old 06-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #163
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Great idea...I don't care for salad alot either but I do like cuc's and cauliflower! What kind of salad dressings are allowed? I also keep reading about all these HNS "things" - such as puddings and chicken stuff/flavoring?? How much does that stuff cost and is there anything I could buy at the grocery store that would compare?

thanks for all the great info!
Hello,
One of the salad dressings they recommend is Walden Farms. If you have a Publix near you, it's in the refrigerated section with the veggies. They have great flavors and use Splenda. When you look at the nutrition label, the only thing with value is the sodium...everything else is "0". And it actually tastes good. My favorites are Creamy Bacon and Honey Dijon.

The HNS (high nutrient supplement) are required. You must have atleast 2 per day and depending on which menu you start out with you can either have up to 4 or 5 per day. There are clears and creamies. They recommend clears the most - usually 70 calories and 15 protein. Creamies are more so we are limited to 1 per day. As part of the contract we have to buy them from the center, however some have found websites that sell them (dietdirect dot com) and buy them for less. The centers sell the clears for about $12 per box (7 servings) and I can't remember how much the creamies are...I think they are the same. There are a few items that are more/less expensive.

Have a good night!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #164
Crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Crystal, you've always been such a cheerleader for me and everyone else. And having a couple of tough weeks can make it harder to focus on weight loss. I remember what everyone always says...you just need to make a conscious effort to go back OP tomorrow.

You have made some great progress so see how you do tomorrow, then talk to the counselors about your options. Can you kick up the amount of exercise you are doing to burn more calories? Do they let you sign on for a limited number of weeks so you can finish your journey? And I'm like you, I need to pay the price to make myself accountable.

Hang in there! I have confidence that you CAN do this.

Judy
Gma to 4
I think I just really got overconfident with my success using the Sea Thin & Hoodia. Pounds were melting off and I really relaxed. It was like I forgot what I was suppose to be doing!!! I really do wanna be healthy & thinner...I just seem to fight myself being successful every once in awhile.

I DO need to exercise more... I've really slacked off on that. I've just been really tired after work the past couple weeks. And since DH started nights, I'm home with the 4 kids alone in the evenings - which is sometimes a real BEAR! LOL

LOOK AT YOU! 149 pounds! How good does THAT feel? OMGosh, I can only imagine that you feel lighter than a cloud!!! Can hardly wait to join you!!!

My daughter has been trying to get me to buy a bikini.. LOL When (I almost wrote - if) I get to 140's I just might!

:

Last edited by blueyedangel : 06-11-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #165
Judy

Quote:
I think I just really got overconfident with my success using the Sea Thin & Hoodia. Pounds were melting off and I really relaxed. It was like I forgot what I was suppose to be doing!!! I really do wanna be healthy & thinner...I just seem to fight myself being successful every once in awhile.

I DO need to exercise more... I've really slacked off on that. I've just been really tired after work the past couple weeks. And since DH started nights, I'm home with the 4 kids alone in the evenings - which is sometimes a real BEAR! LOL

LOOK AT YOU! 149 pounds! How good does THAT feel? OMGosh, I can only imagine that you feel lighter than a cloud!!! Can hardly wait to join you!!!

My daughter has been trying to get me to buy a bikini.. LOL When (I almost wrote - if) I get to 140's I just might!
When you get to the 140s, you should get that bikini! You are young and pretty, so can carry it off. See...right there is some incentive to crank up the exercise. (I tried to find a smiley in a bikini, but this was the closest I could come.)

149 does feel good. I haven't weighed this little in over 10 years. I've accomplished two of my three mini goals so far. The next one is to get to my driver's license weight and that's only 4 lbs away!

Helen Keller
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.