Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #1  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take 18!!!

It was requested that we start a new thread, so here you go!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks for the new thread. I have been OP today and doing OK, I will wi on Wednesday before all the chaos of getting ready to leave, but.....I hope that I lose. We'll see.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #3  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
I hope everyone who is a Mommy, had a great Mother's Day!

I WI today, lost 1 pound, which all things considered, I'm very happy with...and played Deal or No Deal and won another free week!!! As I've said before, the past few weeks have been very difficult for me, but I am re-focused. I can't let 'life' get in the way...that's been an excuse for far too long. No matter what happens with my boyfriend over the next month or so, I will have to learn to deal with it in non-food ways....this has actually shown me that I am much more of an emotional eater than I thought...so, in a way, it has been enlightening.

Now...seems that Christie, Nicki and I are in the same boat. Like you Christie, I have considered writing a book too...my uncle even suggested a title..."A Beaver's Life"...now, you may ask, why "A Beaver's Life"...subtitle being: "One Damn Thing After Another!". A brief run-down of my life growing up....my parents divorced when I was 10, soon after my mom moved in her boyfriend, who in short order starting abusing me (which resulted in two pregnancies). This continued until I left after graduating. I have not spoken with my mother in over 15 years. My dad, well, as much as I love him, he's a PITA. Many of us learn how 'to be' from our parents, well, I learned how 'not to be'. As far as I'm concerned, I would be OK with not speaking with my mother again, and I seriously doubt she will ever see my kids...she turned in the 'MOM' card a long time ago. I try not to be bitter, but there are times that it is really difficult. I got married really young and to escape my life at home....because of that, the marriage didn't last. I didn't get married for the right reasons...but I also don't regret it because I've got two wonderful children. My divorce, I thought, was going to set a record...took almost 3 years, a lot of money and a lot of heartache. Fortunately, my kids are happy and well adjusted and my ex and I finally are able to be in the same room without wanting to strangle the other one.

So...enough rambling...we all have our own unique set of circumstances that led us here...and I am so grateful that you all are here that can relate to the struggles. Thanks!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
CONGRATULATIONS on you loss! I am truly sorry to hear all that you have endured over the years! It is sad to say that so many of us suffer from thigs that are so incomprehensible. All that I had endured as a child, still haunts me to this day. As I had mentioned in a previous post, I had to learn to forgive for my own peace of mind but that does not mean that I will ever forget! I truly do believe that what does not break us, only makes us stronger and that much better of a person!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #4  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
Anyone know where I can get the Sea Thin?

Also, is there someplace online to buy Meal Replacement Bars that are similar to MRC's? I bought some HNS from bodyandhealthessentials, but would like to get some MRB's also.

Not sure if anyone has answered yet! bodyandhealthessentials has 3 types of meal replacement bars! Here are a couple of more links that have supplements very similar with a little more variety! (May want to cross reference with a box you might still have handy!)
diethighprotein.com/proteinbars.html, nashuanutrition.com/store/index.php, dietdirect.com/protein-diet-bars-15.html Hope this helps!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #5  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl123 View Post
Hello, I have been lurking and trying to figure out how to post. Bear with me!
I just started MRC on 5/5. I messed up this past weekend and I have restarted today. I take seathin, MRC6, Flax, CoQ10, B6B12 combo and I drink slim quick powder in the morning to take my pills. I was wondering what Metaquick is?? I have asked at my center and they do not know what I am talking about. I am in San Angelo, close to you Midland and Odessa girls!
Anyway I am enjoying the program and this board. Look forward to getting
to know ya!
You will love it here!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #6  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
It was requested that we start a new thread, so here you go!
Thanks for the new thread!!!

Jewelie: Sending some GOOD VIBES your way! You will do great!

Last edited by Ms Gigi; 05-12-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #7  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Not sure if anyone has answered yet! bodyandhealthessentials has 3 types of meal replacement bars! Here are a couple of more links that have supplements very similar with a little more variety! (May want to cross reference with a box you might still have handy!)
diethighprotein.com/proteinbars.html, nashuanutrition.com/store/index.php, dietdirect.com/protein-diet-bars-15.html Hope this helps!
I saw them on the body&health site. Just wasn't sure how they compared, and I don't have a box anymore to check myself.... Does anyone?
Old 05-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #8  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Jeannie - Thanks for those links - I've bookmarked them now. I've never ordered any of the HNS through the mail, just pick them up at the center. It looks like there is a lot more of a variety out there. It made my mouth water!! Especially the coconut, I really miss that.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #9  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

ROCKI If you're goiong to try meta quick, I would do a shake at BOTH lunch and breakfast and skip the bars altogether. Also, you must max out your HNS for the day (I did do a creamy everyday). I did it a couple of different ways and that is what worked for me best. For dinner I usually did fish instead of chicken for the low calorie thing. If you take liquid minerals that helped me with feeling tired sincve the cals are so low.
Good Luck!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #10  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Oops, posted this on the last thread & then remembered y'all had moved on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I can top it....I have only gotten flowers 2 times and I have been seeing my DH for 13 years. Both times was when I gave birth to our sons. The first time, his sister literally beat him accross the head and told him not to come back until he had something beautiful for me!!! LOL

It is a waste of time to train mine, but I love him anyway.
LOL - I'm really trying to get caught up & not post (we were out of town the last 4 days so I'm way behind). But had to laugh at this...

When DH had a VERY demanding job at the Pentagon, the women in the office he worked in kept telling him he should take flowers home to me because he had to work such long hours. He kept telling them "You don't know her, she'll think I did something wrong!" Sure enough, he finally gave in & brought flowers to me. First thing I said ... "What did you do???" He said "I TOLD those women that's what you'd say!"

I'm lucky - I don't much need the big romantic gestures most of the time, and frankly I find flowers to be kind of a waste of money because they die. Take me out to eat & maybe a movie , get me a card, and I'm fine. Once in a blue moon he surprises me, which is nice - but mostly we joke about how he is NOT Mr. Romance.

Last edited by Meemo; 05-12-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #11  
Em

Another post from Take 17...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
My center finally had the peach mango powder, gonna try it tomorrow, I hate that I am stuck with the peach mango concentrate, its so gross.
If you don't have a swap basket at your center, maybe your could find a flavor of Crystal Light that you could use to mix up the peach mango concentrate with to change the flavor a bit - even lemonade can help change the flavor up just enough. I used to add my liquid minerals to any flavor of HNS that I found I didn't like so much - somehow it worked.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

Hi everyone man you have all done so great. I only lost.5 last week after losing the 7.5 last week. Since Friday I have been eating chicken for lunch fish at dinner. I Hope it works.
I am so sorry alot of you have had so much hurt in your lives. i guess we all have heartaches and pain in our past. I have a motherand dad that is the best she and my dad had 7 kids I am the youngest daughter.
It was when I married that I had alot of hurt I married I swear three of the sorriest men I have been single 22 years and have found alot of peace I fiqured better to be single than have the heck beat out of me because all three of my husband ex-husbands beat me I just gave up on ever finding a decent man.
. I never had children because of Poylstitic ovarian diease. It really has bothered me through the years but my sisters and brothers have shared their children with me so I was very fortuned in my family.
Welcome to all of you that have just joined. all of the people on here are great and help. I myself have lost 67.5lbs and like a pound and a half from the 70lb board which I have for my goal this month I started this program last July but alot of my regular medicine makes my weight loss slow. Believe me medicine does slow you down but I tell you this this program works.
Hope all of you have a great and wonderful week Melanie
Old 05-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #13  
Em

From Take 17:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I think I have it worked out. I will be going in on Monday and asking what happens if I gain over my month home in ND. If I gain, will I not be able to stabilize? I have made myself sick over this. I don't want to spend anymore money and I need to have something liveable while I am driving all over the place. So....I will stabilize and not re enroll, but on this trip
I will pack a cooler for my long drive. I will have chicken and turkey in 4 oz baggies so that I have my protein. Baggies of veggies and my HNS already mixed up in those cute little aquapod bottles. Then I will make the best choices I can while I am there. I won't guarantee that I will be perfect, but I will try to stay OP when I can. Life's too short to be this stressed over this! I am supposed to be happy and excited.
Sounds like a good plan - after all, stress makes you retain water!
If you gain too much you probably won't be able to stabilize. But you should also be able to tell them "I'm ready to stabilize, I'm happy where I am", go through stabilization, and then if you decide you want to lose a bit more down the road, you've got the plan & you know how to make your own HNS - you can go back to the weight-loss menu to get down to where you'd like to be.

Last edited by Meemo; 05-12-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #14  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm pretty sure the place you ordered from, the mydietshopz and the dietdirect.com are all the same EXACT products. The boxes are the same, just the name is different. Plus, they have other (different) products that you can't get @ MRC as well. That makes it even easier to do the replacements b/c they have a bigger variety.

Quote:
I saw them on the body&health site. Just wasn't sure how they compared, and I don't have a box anymore to check myself.... Does anyone?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:29 AM   #15  
Jeannie

Quote:
Sorry, can't help with that one! I don't eat the bars too often and the ones I brought, I had put in a baggie to pack! Most of the supplements such as drinks, creamies that I have looked at, all seem to be about the same (just different name brands). Be carefull to look at the boxes carefully though, as someone else had pointed out a while back, some of the fruit drinks say meal replacement on the box (which is not the case with some of the same flavors with MRC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Jeannie - Thanks for those links - I've bookmarked them now. I've never ordered any of the HNS through the mail, just pick them up at the center. It looks like there is a lot more of a variety out there. It made my mouth water!! Especially the coconut, I really miss that.
No problem, actually most of those sites, I have saved over time from posts on here! So it was a collective effort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
Hi everyone man you have all done so great. I only lost.5 last week after losing the 7.5 last week. Since Friday I have been eating chicken for lunch fish at dinner. I Hope it works.
Some GOOD VIBES coming your way! Sorry to hear what you have been through! Ohh it is so true, we each in our own way have had our struggles!

Jewelie: I almost forgot, thank you for the flowers! I actually have a little story to share! My DH, he is not a sentimental/romantic one either! He did do something that was soo sweet (caught me by surprise)! He found an old photo of him and my son together and made me up a Mother's Day Card and sent via email with the sweetest paragraph I have read in quite some time!
Closed Thread