Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Oaks View Post
Just Checking in - had my weigh in today and down 1lb from Tuesday - that is a total of 3.5lbs - I am on my way! WOOHOO!

OK What exactly does NSV stand for?

Deb
Congrats on your loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
You are absolutly correct, I do need to get on the ball, I am to old not to know and with all the medical problems my family members have. Now is a good time to start! I just got a card in the mail the other day, my son read it to me on the phone, I am actually due for my annual check up so that will include a full physical and I will have to discuss that all with my doctor!

Hey that photo thing sounds fun to me! I might utilize that info for myself, as much as I travel, I take an awful lot of beautiful scenery photos/flowers/wild life! The guys think I am crazy sometimes but are really cool about it, if we are out, they know I am a nut about pics of birds/flowers and stuff, they will actually stop for me to take some pics! Quite a few of the guys I have been working with over the past 2 1/2 years act as if they are my big brothers! That is a good thing, I never did have any brothers, it was all girls!
It's good to have friends that are like siblings. I have a few and they are so great!!!

Quote:
OHHHH arnt you just so sweet! Thank you! Hope you had a good day yourself!

Me, someone needs to kick me in the dairy air! I have sabotaged both yesterday and today! I am over it now! Sorry all, I am going through a phase, I was just so tired of cooking/having to eat a certain way/watching everything/weighing stuff! Truly, I am over it now though, think I got it out of my system! Yesterday for lunch, I had a big salad and 2 slices of pizza (granted, I do know before I would have ate much more), no excuse! Today, I had a chicken fajita for dinner, ate some chips and salsa, a little of the beans/rice- ok UGH over half of the beans/rice! Ohh whoope, I restrained from the sweet tea and had water! LOL I am feeling it, my body is retaining water now (I can tell by the way my rings are fitting)!

I just wanted/needed something different! Another news flash, I got a bug up my dairy air, on the way home from dinner, I saw a haircut place, just pulled in and had my hair chopped off (not litterally)! It does feel much different to me. My hair was pretty long, it went down past the waist line of my pants! I had it layered all over, long layers and cut to frame my face (now is right at my bra line)! I need to get used to it and play with it some - feels much lighter, think it will grow on me (hey its just hair, it will grow back)! Told my DH and he said that he bet it looks good! Hey, after my super sabotage the past two days, maybe I will come out even on the scale next wi with the loss of all that hair! Sure it had some weight to it! LOL
Oh, I feel this all the time lately. Fight it and you will do well. I had a slice of pizza last Sunday. It isn't as good as I thought it would be. You are going to do well.

I can't wait to see your hair cut!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
I would like to add something that has helped me over the years when I'm feeling down and there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. I always hold on to "What a difference a day makes", and "If I want things to change for the better, I can't wait for someone else to do it for me." For some reason, the song by Wilson Phillips called "Hold On" has been an inspiration when things are tough in my life.
If there is any way I can help you in your weight loss jouney, please let me know.
COOL words. I love the song "Hold On". Are you ready for the Estes 5K? I am June 15th for all that are interested. It is the highest marathon in the US....they have a walkers welcome 5k that day and it's only $10 to register! I would love to see some of us there!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
My center told me to never go over 100 oz. I'm unsure why, especially since I exercise for hours at a time. But, 64 oz minimum, and 80-100 was ideal.
Wow! I was told the more the better. I drink between 5 and 6 liters of water so about 169 oz or more!

They told me to drink 64 oz + 8 for each 25#s you need to lose + 8 for each 15 min of exercise done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
WI today and was down 3 ponds. So I lost the 2.5 and another .5. I know this sounds silly, but I wasn't at all impressed. I guess it's because I hadn't done anything to gain.

I did get to talk to another counselor, and she told me that I should be adding 20 extra ounces of water on the days I do step aerobics. That's confliciting with what every other counselor told me. I kept asking them if I needed to add extra water with my exercise, and they would always say stay at 100 oz or you'll retain. HMMMPH!!!! I'm gonna add the 20 because I sweat like an overworked mule, and I think I need it.

Oh well, enough rambling...going back to catchup with everyone.
WOO-HOO Good scale showing!!! and I would definately up the water. You need to replace what you sweat out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
Ok, I'm so frustrated. I was up on Monday and when I wi on Thursday, I had only lost a pound. I understand all of the reasons why it is slowing down, but I'm growing tired of trying so hard with little results. I was so over it that I had pizza on Thursday with cookies for dessert and hubby and I went out for a date last night and I ate so bad that I was sick afterwards and couldn't enjoy the fact that we didn't have kids! I'm not even really sorry about it! I'm so FRUSTRATED! I figured I would do the cheat thing to see if that would jolt my body, but I only thought I would cheat on Thursday. Last night was unplanned. But I let him pick where he wanted to go b/c I am so tired of everything revolving around what I can eat!!

I was up a pound on my home scale, which I'm not worried about b/c of the salt. But i know that the way I've been dealing with the frustration is not healthy. I know that binging b/c I'm sick of it and I'm frustrated. And I'm really fighting the whole "F___ IT!" thing. pardon my french. And I feel like it's b/c I'm not getting enough calories. I go to the gym at least five days a week. and I do at least 45 min of cardio and then weights every other day. ANd I keep mixing it up as to not get into a rut with that. ARRRGH!!!!!!

So I just wanted to share with everyone how much I have sucked this week. But on the flip side, I tried on a pair of capris that I inherited from a friend of mine like 4 years ago, that I have never been able to wear. They were tight on Monday and then yesterday for what ever reason, they fit perfectly!! Size 10! They were some expensive Lucky jean capris. So that helped a little. I just wish that there wasn't such emphasis on that damn number. b/c regardless of how much I tell myself, it's not important, the fact that they WEIGH us every time we go keeps telling me it is!! And when I'm up, it's a negative comment like "what happened there?" WTF!!!??? How the **** am I supposed to know!?!!?! I'm doing EXACTLY what you tell me!!!! BAH!!!

Ok, I'm done with my ranting!! LOVE YOU GUYS so much for putting up with it!!!
You are an inspiration to me. I think I had F_it symptoms this week when I was down. I didn't go off course but I know that I would have if I hadn't come here and read all about the great successes on this program.

You are going to get right back on track and do soooo well. Congrats on the capris. AMAZING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Jewlie, if you look on a standard bmi calculator, your BMI is 24.4 - given your workouts, I would question the fat % on the tanita. Donuts mentioned that it counts poop as fat too (gross, I know but hey) - so it isn't an exact science. If you feel great where you are and feel ready to stabilize - then DO IT!! The worst that can happen is that you start to gain or find that you weren't ready and THEN pay the $99 to go backwards a bit, right?? YOU know YOU better than any of the best consultants there - go with what you know you need to do!
I think I have it worked out. I will be going in on Monday and asking what happens if I gain over my month home in ND. If I gain, will I not be able to stabilize? I have made myself sick over this. I don't want to spend anymore money and I need to have something liveable while I am driving all over the place. So....I will stabilize and not re enroll, but on this trip
I will pack a cooler for my long drive. I will have chicken and turkey in 4 oz baggies so that I have my protein. Baggies of veggies and my HNS already mixed up in those cute little aquapod bottles. Then I will make the best choices I can while I am there. I won't guarantee that I will be perfect, but I will try to stay OP when I can. Lifes too short to be this stressed over this! I am supposed to be happy and excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
Hi all! WI today and was down 4 lbs!! I was up a half a lb last week, so I guess it's really only 3.5, but I'm just glad to be back in the saddle again!
4#s! Wooo - hooooo Good Job!
Old 05-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

I went to wi this morning since I promised the last lady at the center I would. I did in the morning instead of afternoon. I normally do the morning but they have been having me come in in the afternoon for body comp.

The girl was new and she was great. I didn't really need anything, just to fulfill my promise. I am down 4#s from the last wi. I am now lower than they had for me as a goal. She was jumping about and so excited for me. I just smiled at her! She will do so well. She really loved to see success.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #408  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

This is so Awesome Jewelie!!! I am very excited for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I went to wi this morning since I promised the last lady at the center I would. I did in the morning instead of afternoon. I normally do the morning but they have been having me come in in the afternoon for body comp.

The girl was new and she was great. I didn't really need anything, just to fulfill my promise. I am down 4#s from the last wi. I am now lower than they had for me as a goal. She was jumping about and so excited for me. I just smiled at her! She will do so well. She really loved to see success.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #409  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Update

Went to wi yesterday. Down 1# from last time but it's really only .5 since I was up .5 at my last wi. I had to remind them that it was my last day of paid weight loss. They just tore off two pages of instructions and handed them to me. Didn't go over them didn't explain a thing. I met with the center manager and she was late for school so didn't have much time. We did however say that I would not start until Monday so that I could come in and ask questions. Basically it looks like I'll be adding a starch to lunch on M,W, F and the list of starches expands. I think that they give you a new list each week or so with more additions and servings.

I am not at goal yet (still have 9lbs to go) but will lose some more during stabilization. I cannot join for another 10 weeks as I would not be able to follow it while in France so essentially I am in the same boat as Jewlie. My bf is high but my weight is in range.

NSV: last night went out with DH's family who I haven't seen in about a month. They all noticed my weight loss... even my MIL. I guess 18 is the magic number. Was pretty good at Houlihan's for dinner and didn't notice a gain on the home scale today. I ordered 2 veggies instead of potatoes (they brought the potatoes anyway and I didn't even taste them). DH brought them home along with some of his dinner.

May go shopping this afternoon as most of my capris are too big. Treated myself to a pedi on Thursday. I hope I make the 20# board this coming week. The losses have slowed down a lot and really would like to accomplish that.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #410  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
I have been touched by the kind words and support everyone has given to those who are down in the dumps. This forum has always been a refuge to share your ups and downs without the fear of being judged. I'm so proud to be a part of something so rare and special.

I would like to add something that has helped me over the years when I'm feeling down and there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. I always hold on to "What a difference a day makes", and "If I want things to change for the better, I can't wait for someone else to do it for me." For some reason, the song by Wilson Phillips called "Hold On" has been an inspiration when things are tough in my life.

We all come from different places in our lives, but we all have a common thread of being overweight. A lot of the time it's those challenges in our lives that caused us to turn to food for comfort in the first place. The MRC plan has taught many of us how to use other tools to relieve stress, and comfort us in a healthier way. I can't say enough good things about the class "Finding the Connection". It has changed my life forever! It has opened my eyes to the root cause of my past massive weight gains over the years.

It's kinda funny that some of you call me an inspiration, when in truth, we all inspire each other. It is great when you can say positive and encouraging things to help others, but it is even more important that you can say those same things to yourselves. What you say to yourselves day to day can be life changing! Caring about yourselves as much as you care about others will ultamately help you overcome your personal struggles with overeating.

If there is any way I can help you in your weight loss jouney, please let me know.
Right on donuts and thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
Bagels!!! I'll have to look next time I go, what brand are they? And, for your nasty peach mango, does your center not have a swap basket? Mine has a big one where you can trade out any bad HNS you get.
I have not seen a basket, I will ask them next time I wi thought. The bagels are Western Bagel, it says they are fat free, no trans fat, sugar free, cholesterall free, 7 g fiber, 6g protien. They are right next to Lenders Bagels
Quote:
Nicki, I had to sign off pretty quick when I was posting the other day. I had other things to say, first, I am with everyone here when they say that you are creative, beautiful and witty. I too, look forward to your posts!

And you are SOOOOO not alone with the dysfunctional thing. I could write a book, I swear. I've actually considered it! I won't get into the details, but I don't have a mom, I have quit talking to my dad ( this has been just in the past two years and a big part of my weight gain.). I am taking Wellbutrin and Zoloft after many trials of other meds. My friend (who is also on it) and I call it the Well-Oft combo. It works very well. I am not constantly crying, but I still have my appropriate emotions. My family is so freaking crazy, that the only thing left to do was to get medicated and move on. So I feel ya, sister. I think all of us have some crazy and dysfunction. What's normal, anyway? BORING!!!

I just wanted to add those few things. I think you are an amazing person. And men, well, they don't always get it. Not that they are horrible, they just aren't always good at the thoughtful stuff. I'm rotten, I just flat out tell my hubby what to buy me!!

BIG HUGS!
Thank you Christi, its nice to know there are people as abnormally normal as me
Old 05-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #411  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone i wi today and was down 3.6 ! Ill take it considering how hard it has been to stay on plan!I just wanted to mention how much i love the site, i am so grateful i found you all, i may not post as much as most of you but just reading everyones encouraging words gets me through,,i just wanted to share that with you all. So today is mothers day (Mexico) and my hubby being hispanic celebrates this day with me instead of tomm and then we celebrate with my mom on sunday and i have been PERFECT on plan all day..so he says he and my girls were thinking of taking me to dinner tonite but i told him no thanks i said i just could not take that chance of eating off plan especially after this mornings loss! He understood and said he was proud of me and that my friends was the best mothers day gift of all, far better then any dinner! I hope everyone is doing well and in case i forget tomm HAPPY MOTHERS DAY from the bottom of my heart.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #412  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

Height: 5'11"

Boomer, if you have not weighed in since Wednesday, you have probably already hit the 10 pound mark and just don't realize it! You will be seeing it at your next weigh-in, I am sure!
Old 05-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #413  

Quote:
Ok, I'm so frustrated. I was up on Monday and when I wi on Thursday, I had only lost a pound. I understand all of the reasons why it is slowing down, but I'm growing tired of trying so hard with little results. I was so over it that I had pizza on Thursday with cookies for dessert and hubby and I went out for a date last night and I ate so bad that I was sick afterwards and couldn't enjoy the fact that we didn't have kids! I'm not even really sorry about it! I'm so FRUSTRATED! I figured I would do the cheat thing to see if that would jolt my body, but I only thought I would cheat on Thursday. Last night was unplanned. But I let him pick where he wanted to go b/c I am so tired of everything revolving around what I can eat!!

I was up a pound on my home scale, which I'm not worried about b/c of the salt. But i know that the way I've been dealing with the frustration is not healthy. I know that binging b/c I'm sick of it and I'm frustrated. And I'm really fighting the whole "F___ IT!" thing. pardon my french. And I feel like it's b/c I'm not getting enough calories. I go to the gym at least five days a week. and I do at least 45 min of cardio and then weights every other day. ANd I keep mixing it up as to not get into a rut with that. ARRRGH!!!!!!

So I just wanted to share with everyone how much I have sucked this week. But on the flip side, I tried on a pair of capris that I inherited from a friend of mine like 4 years ago, that I have never been able to wear. They were tight on Monday and then yesterday for what ever reason, they fit perfectly!! Size 10! They were some expensive Lucky jean capris. So that helped a little. I just wish that there wasn't such emphasis on that damn number. b/c regardless of how much I tell myself, it's not important, the fact that they WEIGH us every time we go keeps telling me it is!! And when I'm up, it's a negative comment like "what happened there?" WTF!!!??? How the **** am I supposed to know!?!!?! I'm doing EXACTLY what you tell me!!!! BAH!!!

Ok, I'm done with my ranting!! LOVE YOU GUYS so much for putting up with it!!!
This sounds like one of my posts, lol. About every 3 or 4 days I get so sick of the food I just want to rebel and swear to never eat food again, but then a few hours later Im hungry and well you know. Went grocery shopping last night and was walking up and down the vegetable isle and am so sick of veggies, about half the week I'm fine and the other half I'm sick of it all, but when I think about how much I have lost I keep going, a size 10? Cripes, I can't even imagine what a size 10 would feel like, your so beautiful and a size 10.
Quote:
Sounds like another conflict between center/counselors. When I was at 64 oz, I was told to up it to 96+. When ever I call in a say how much I am drinking, whom ever I speak to say thats good!

I second that, mine is a soap opera that is why I live so far from every one else in the family! My mom, well to be short she will always be my mother- I thank her for bringing me in the world but she has problems. Stuff from her childhood she never dealt with and is a bitter old lady and just makes all around her miserable! God love her, I think she means well but I can only tollerate being around he in doses. I remember once as a child when she literally lost it and tried to smother me to death for crying and being afraid of the dark. Don't know what made her come too? She gets flowers deliverd from me for mothers day but I always have a very hard time finding a card for her because most can be very meaning and sentimental and I just can't send words that are not in my heart (if that makes any since)! I for myself, in my heart have forgave her (I had to, it was affecting my life). I still once in a while have nightmares about things she did to me (things I really don't remember), I call my half sisters and ask them about my dreams and they just confirm them (wich usually end up being things that really happened resurface). You never forget though! Enough babble! I did enough last night (hope you all are not cursing me out for being type happy)! Like I said being on the road can be lonely!
I feel the exact same way about buying cards, I have the hardest time finding one thats not so sentimental, i dont feel that towards any of my mothers and refuse to fake it, the one I got my mother this year has a pink poodle on the front and says "today have a little foo foo" then on the inside it says "because its all about you you" for her it means something sweet I guess, but for me it means something entirely different so I have no problem giving her that one.
Quote:
Hi all! WI today and was down 4 lbs!! I was up a half a lb last week, so I guess it's really only 3.5, but I'm just glad to be back in the saddle again!
4 lbs, thats awesome!!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #414  

Quote:

JEWELIE MADE GOAL your statement was not near big enough, congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Hi everyone i wi today and was down 3.6 ! Ill take it considering how hard it has been to stay on plan!I just wanted to mention how much i love the site, i am so grateful i found you all, i may not post as much as most of you but just reading everyones encouraging words gets me through,,i just wanted to share that with you all. So today is mothers day (Mexico) and my hubby being hispanic celebrates this day with me instead of tomm and then we celebrate with my mom on sunday and i have been PERFECT on plan all day..so he says he and my girls were thinking of taking me to dinner tonite but i told him no thanks i said i just could not take that chance of eating off plan especially after this mornings loss! He understood and said he was proud of me and that my friends was the best mothers day gift of all, far better then any dinner! I hope everyone is doing well and in case i forget tomm HAPPY MOTHERS DAY from the bottom of my heart.
3.6 is awesome, wtg!!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #415  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Jewlie..I am so happy you made goal, and surpassed it. I am sure you will do fine on your trip! In the end, have fun1

Quote:
WI today and was down 3 ponds. So I lost the 2.5 and another .5. I know this sounds silly, but I wasn't at all impressed. I guess it's because I hadn't done anything to gain.

I did get to talk to another counselor, and she told me that I should be adding 20 extra ounces of water on the days I do step aerobics. That's confliciting with what every other counselor told me. I kept asking them if I needed to add extra water with my exercise, and they would always say stay at 100 oz or you'll retain. HMMMPH!!!! I'm gonna add the 20 because I sweat like an overworked mule, and I think I need it.

Oh well, enough rambling...going back to catchup with everyone.
Yeahhh!!! I am so glad you lost!! I would definately shoot for your extra ounces on the days you exercise. I drink around 100-110 ounces.

Quote:
I do have a question. When you are using the melba toast for breading, do you only do this when you are allowed a starch at that meal?
I would only eat a starch when you are supposed to. Switching up the menu can potentially slow you down.

Quote:
Awesome job!!!

I too lost at this wi, I was down 3 more pounds for the week.

Hope all of the mom's have a GREAT Mother's Day!!!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #416  
Ms. Jennifer

Hey Melinda!!! You are burning up that scale!!!! Awesome! You are almost at 100 pounds lost!!!! That is super!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #417  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Back from weigh in and I lost 2.5 pounds for a total of 3 pounds this week! FINALLY! They also did my measurements and I have lost 36.5 inches!!! Since Tuesday, I have been perfectly on plan, so this was the motivation I needed to keep it up!

Forgot to mention~I DID get to sign the 30 pound board today!

Last edited by mommato3; 05-10-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: forgot to write something important!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #418  
Ms. Jennifer

Way to go on your loss and the 30 pound board! I hope to be following you soon!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Back from weigh in and I lost 2.5 pounds for a total of 3 pounds this week! FINALLY! They also did my measurements and I have lost 36.5 inches!!! Since Tuesday, I have been perfectly on plan, so this was the motivation I needed to keep it up!

Old 05-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #419  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post

Thats awesome! your back at it! congrats on the 30 lb board!!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #420  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
I went to wi this morning.
And exceeded GOAL! What a great accomplishment! Jewlie: try and have fun on vacation, you will do just fine! Enjoy yourself, don't make yourself miserable!

MrsPhibes: You can do this, a little at a time! You know the fundamentals so take that and run with it! 1 lb closer to goal! Sorry to hear that the center treated you that way! Not sure if I would even want to go back to them after that, didn't sound very supportive! Hmmm!

There are many other great losses out there, board signings, and people about to tackel a new board! CONGRATS to all, you all are doing fabulous! You all should be so proud, I am proud of you! For all the wonderful mothers out there, this weekend belongs to us! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! (Now to see if my DH took the time to send some flowers and or a card to the hotel! Probably not, he usually figures he will make it up when I get home, he still is not seeming to understand that after the fact (is just not the same)! UGH
Closed Thread