Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 AM   #346  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
OK, time to 'fess up...I pulled a sneaky at WI today. Stepped on the scale, saw that it was down 1 lb, but starting to show that dang .5 on the end, so jumped off before it could really register only 1/2 a lb loss. So on the books it was a 1 lb loss, but bet when I go next week to WI, I'll regret not taking the actual .5 loss but hey, it feels pretty good yet today.
I can just see you jumping off the scale! LOL CONGRATULATIONS on your loss! You are doing fab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftballStar View Post
something that helps me out when i know i'll be going to places with tempting food is to eat before i go; my craving are not as crazy as they would be if i was somewhat hungry.

Welcome! I think your statement goes right along with not going to the grocery store when you are hungry! Good point!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:31 AM   #347  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
How does everyone fix their zuchinni? I usually just cook it in a skillet with some olive oil and lemon pepper and garlic, but Im getting tired of that. What does everyone else do with their squash?
I eat it different ways! I like it raw in a salad! Steamed or grilled! When I steam it, I put a little ICBINB and melt some cheese on it! If I grill it, just a little sea salt & pepper! Can also try breading it with some crushed melba crackers and frying it up!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #348  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Zucchini: season with garlic and a little oil and grill, or steamed a sprinkle a little grated parmasean. I also make a zucchini pie with bisquick but that's not on plan
Old 05-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #349  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Not caught up but checking in

I'm way behind in reading posts. But I just needed to show up here today and say, I am "in" and working on things. I've had trouble getting to my center with the new job, I hope to go tomorrow morning.

Made a new ticker for a "mini-goal", and I hope that will keep me focused. Food has really been calling but when I don't eat well, I have to acknowledge that I don't feel as well.

I have been thinking of you all and I hope to catch up on my post reading very soon!

hugs
Miriam
Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #350  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
How does everyone fix their zuchinni? I usually just cook it in a skillet with some olive oil and lemon pepper and garlic, but Im getting tired of that. What does everyone else do with their squash?
I like to grate zuchinni with a cheese gratter, add alittle beaten egg, ground melba, salt & pepper, and garlic salt, make it into a patty and cook it in a little olive oil. It is crunchy on the out side and delish on the inside. YUMMO
I bet it would be good with squash too!!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #351  
Terri

Well I had WI on Wed. I was up 1#, but I guess that I should be happy that was all. You can't live Off plan for 2 weeks and expect anything else. But I'm back on plan and writing everything I eat down. I'm riding bike to work and really really trying to be good. I weighed this morning at home and I weighed 166.8. That is the first time I have seen 166. that is the 20# mark. I started jumping up and down. I know it won't be the same at the center, bit on my scales the lowest I have been is 168. So I count it as a VICTORY. It has given me motivation.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
I am going to tell you that 33 is not too young for midlife crisis. I think I went through the same thing at 28-31. It sucked. I left my husband for three months, I worked as a waitress and went out and partied every night after work b/c I was bored. And I CRIED all of the time!! I felt like I was going crazy!! And then when we got back together and everything was great, I gained all of this weight and then my family fell apart, so I gained more!! AND TO TOP IT OFF!! My hubby started to think that it was b/c I didn't want him and I was trying to keep him from touching me. hmph....men, they always think it's all about them. oy....

So don't feel bad. Some days just suck. And you know Nickie, you are a stay at home mom...who's kids are in school...so you are bound to get restless. Perhaps while they are in school, you could take a class or something? SOmething to intrigue and stimulate your brain!!!
This sounds so familiar to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
OK, time to 'fess up...I pulled a sneaky at WI today. Stepped on the scale, saw that it was down 1 lb, but starting to show that dang .5 on the end, so jumped off before it could really register only 1/2 a lb loss. So on the books it was a 1 lb loss, but bet when I go next week to WI, I'll regret not taking the actual .5 loss but hey, it feels pretty good yet today.
I may use your tactic! It made me giggle!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
I am sorry all to say, I am a bit ignorant with all these numbers. I really do need to get up to speed! I never have paid it any attention! Seeing as both of my parents have suffered high and or low blood pressure, have heart problems and diabeties runs in the family! I suppose all these years being in the military, we were required to have regular check ups, figured if something was really bad, they would have told me! I do know that over the past year and a half, whenever I went to the DR, they initially said my blood pressure was high but them claimed it was the cuff size! Once they did give me some free sample pills for the high blood pressure but I never took them! Nothing else has ever been said! My husband has high blood pressure too, hopefully not now that he has lost some weight, he does need a check up! Sorry for babbling!

Well, what I was initially going to say was CONGRATULATIONS!
I think the health numbers are MORE thrilling than the scale for me! You most definately should be tested and know. Look for a health fare and it will be cheaper if your insurance doesn't cover the cost.

Quote:
My husband has the worst track record for holidays. One mothers day he bought me a card without even reading it first, just grabbed one and paid out, I'm for real. My birthday is the day after V-day, he waited until after work on valentines day to drive 45 miles to get me an ugly arse bear and nasty left over chocolate by the time he got home it was after 9. Then guess what, the very next day is my birthday but he didnt get me a present while he was in town, he went down to the only gift shop in town on my birthday after work and bought me a hideous statue, it was a dancing cow in a flowered dress with high heels and red lipstick it was hideous. Im tired of trying to train him. He knows it is important to me to be thought of, anyway enough beating that dead horse, I went to college three times, don't want any more of that. i would love to take a class for painting or photography there just isn't anything like that in this town. Thanks Christi for your story, its nice to have someone relate to you, around here I am from Mars they are all certain. Crystal your overwhelmed understimulated statement makes perfect sense. Gma thats right, it your day, enjoy it to the fullest. Crystal I have asked for help, I have gotten prescription after prescription but no real help. I was on xanax when I quit smoking. The dr here is leary to give xanax on a regular basis. If there was a shrink in town I would go, there is one old man and I just cant see myself spilling all my crazy freaky stuff to an old man. There isnt anything else here, we couldnt afford the gas or the cost of the actual shrink in Lubbock, I have been thinking about this pretty constant for the past month. I dont know I might see what my insurance covers and maybe on fridays when i go WI but then I dont know who is good, i dont know anyone that sees a shrink, hmm I got to get different friends that I can relate too better, mine are way too functional. lol
I can top it....I have only gotten flowers 2 times and I have been seeing my DH for 13 years. Both times was when I gave birth to our sons. The first time, his sister literally beat him accross the head and told him not to come back until he had something beautiful for me!!! LOL

It is a waste of time to train mine, but I love him anyway.

I hope you are feeling better! I am 30, but have gone thru the blues for the last 3 years. I am getting better now, but really do have my off days. You are a wonderful woman and give such good advice to others.

If you are interested in photography.....try to go to www.dpchallenge.com
This isn't a class, but weekly challenges were you take photos and upload. Everyone gets to judge and the top 3 are put on the homepage as reward. There is a forum of VERY helpful people and if you ask questions and just take the challenges you will learn quickly!!! and you can do it anywhere.

Quote:
I love grilled Zucchini.....I just quarter it, spray with a bit of olive oil pam and sprinkle with Garlic and herb Mrs. Dash. On the grill it goes!

I have also used it for lunch as a "potato" grated to make a hash brown of sorts to have with eggs. It was OK.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #353  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning! Missed a day and missed several pages! Yesterday, my son had "field day" at school so I took the day off and spent it with him. We had so much fun together and it made him very happy. It made me very happy. He was so sweet, and carried my camera bag and picnic blanket around. What a wonderful little man. We also got to have lunch together (I brought my own of course). Anyway, great day..... Also had WI last night and was down 2lbs bringing me to 97lbs total. I can't wait to get to 100lbs! I see there are many successes out there! Congrats!!! Also, some struggles... To those, keep on pushing through. It will get better. Everything get's better. Everyone has such wonderful kind words of support to each other. That's why I just love coming here as often as possible.
Have a wonderful day.
Denise
Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #354  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
Made a new ticker for a "mini-goal", and I hope that will keep me focused. Food has really been calling but when I don't eat well, I have to acknowledge that I don't feel as well.
I have been thinking of you all and I hope to catch up on my post reading very soon! Miriam
Miriam: It is good to hear from you! Hope all is going well with the new job! Sorry to hear you are not able to make it to the center often, here is some will power coming your way! Good idea for a mini-goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
I weighed this morning at home and I weighed 166.8. That is the first time I have seen 166. that is the 20# mark. I started jumping up and down. I know it won't be the same at the center, bit on my scales the lowest I have been is 168. So I count it as a VICTORY. It has given me motivation.
Great job, getting back OP! Be patient, before you know it you will be burning up those lbs. Yay on the VICTORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Good Morning! Missed a day and missed several pages! Yesterday, my son had "field day" at school so I took the day off and spent it with him. We had so much fun together and it made him very happy. It made me very happy. He was so sweet, and carried my camera bag and picnic blanket around. What a wonderful little man. We also got to have lunch together (I brought my own of course). Anyway, great day..... Also had WI last night and was down 2lbs bringing me to 97lbs total. I can't wait to get to 100lbs! I see there are many successes out there! Congrats!!! Also, some struggles... To those, keep on pushing through. It will get better. Everything get's better. Everyone has such wonderful kind words of support to each other. That's why I just love coming here as often as possible.
Have a wonderful day.
Denise
Sounds like an all in all good day! I am jealous! CONGRATS on your 2 lb loss!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #355  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Ladies! I wanted to stop by and wish everyone a great day!I hope everyone has an awsome on plan day today .
Old 05-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #356  
Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Have a wonderful day.
Denise
Don't you just love days like that. I like to think of them as gifts from God. My son can drive me crazy, but on days like that my heart feels like it will burst with love and pride. There is something special between moms and their sons.
WAY TO GO ON 97#S GONE FOREVER
100#s just around the corner!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:29 PM   #357  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Don't you just love days like that. I like to think of them as gifts from God. My son can drive me crazy, but on days like that my heart feels like it will burst with love and pride. There is something special between moms and their sons.
Exactly. There is something special, for sure. And, I did feel like my heart could just burst. It was amazing. He was amazing. It was our special day. Last night, I asked him what his favorite part of field day was and he said "it was having you there, Momma". OMG, I could have just burst that second. I gave him the biggest hug.... then he was out the door.... that fast.... to go play. He had no idea what he did to me! So, when he drives me nuts this weekend with the "I don't wanna" and "why can't I", I'll have to take a second and remember yesterday!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 239/203/159

Height: 5"6

Hi!
I am new to 3FC but not to MRC plan. I have lost 37 pounds (some with weight watchers before starting MRC). I actually have been following your posts for a while and draw inspiration from all of you when I read your posts. Thanks for being such a sharing encouraging group. I hope that as I post here I will also be able to inspire others, and I hope that joining your group will keep me more in line as I have been struggling for 2-3 weeks now.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #359  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspiggy13 View Post
Hi!
I am new to 3FC but not to MRC plan. I have lost 37 pounds (some with weight watchers before starting MRC). I actually have been following your posts for a while and draw inspiration from all of you when I read your posts. Thanks for being such a sharing encouraging group. I hope that as I post here I will also be able to inspire others, and I hope that joining your group will keep me more in line as I have been struggling for 2-3 weeks now.
Welcome!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #360  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Thanks for the advice and encouragement in regards to the Italian lunch today! I brought a zuchini lasagna that I had made and frozen a few weeks ago so that I would have something "Italian-y" to eat, too. I ate some of the salad that was provided (no dressing), ate my pineapple and drank my hns. I am so proud of myself. They had chocolate cake and cheesecake that looked fabulous, but I did not even eat one bite! That make three days of absolutely NO CHEATS! Not even one cheeto or a "blt" of anything off plan! I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and see some results!
Closed Thread