Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #46  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

[QUOTE=dkmd27;2179560]Jeannie ... did your supplements all arrive safely, and are they what you expected? I love your enthusiasm and attitude!
[QUOTE]

Yes ma'am, all arrived in one piece! I got some of the orange HNS, had one today, it is delicious (tastes like tang to me)! Also got some of the lemon chiffon pudding, made some for my mid afternoon snack! Saved my apple slices from lunch and dipped them in it! Was ok, but I will need to try the mixture you all keep talking about when ever I get home!

[QUOTE=readytobethinagain;2179948]It's me!! It's me!! I think I'm the only 'boro person!! I LOVE THE MANAGER THERE!! Love her so much more than everyone else there. She is always so encouraging and she told me the same thing about the hns about two weeks ago and it seems to be working! I signed the 40 # board today!!! And she's so excited about it! I was a 1/2 pound away and she started looking for clothes that I could remove and then I realized that I had gym shorts in the car, she got so excited and said "GO GET THEM!!!" And it brought me to the whole pound needed for the board! And I think her name is Tarie. I think...I see her name tag and since it's spelled differently, I have a hard time with it...But she is super. I wish I could have her every time I go in. There is one girl there that is not as supportive and encouraging. [QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
I asked her this today!! B/c like Jewlie, I'm starting to get hungrier. She said no more than four! Booo...After the guy told me I could have 5!!
I love talking to Tarie! Holly was the one that signed me and my husband up! When we called in the first time, they told us she no longer worked there so I deal with whom ever answers the phone when I call in! The last two weeks has been Tarie, she is great! Would love to meet her! I go home the end of the month, we havn't been in since we signed so will probably make a trip to do an office weigh in and measurements. I am curious also about my BF. Hey, just had a thought, (tell Tarie that we chat on-line, make a sticky or something for me to put on the board for me!) When I come in, I can play catch up! I have lost 15.5 thus far! Just a though, I feel kind of lost out here in cyber space! I have no home!

[QUOTE=angierue;2180070]I decided to stop by the center today because I just knew I had lost that 1/2 a lb I was up Tuesday (according to my home scale, I had). So I hopped on that stinking and scale and sure enough, old 1/2 a lb and another 1 1/2 of his buddies were gone for a total 2 lb loss since Tuesday. Woohoo! So that puts me at 308 according to their scales (306 at home) and down 33 lbs. Only 7 more to the 40 lb board and only 9 more to break that first mini goal (gotta update my ticker). WOOHOO! [QUOTE]

That is fabulous news! See, I knew you could do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
Well...after a horrible weekend OP and a not so great WI on Monday (up .5)...I WI today for a loss of 3 lbs....that's the most in 1 week that I've had for a while....I was sooooooooooo thrilled.
Smokin, 3 lbs. that rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Thank you so much for telling us this. I really needed to hear it. When I mention that I feel guilty about a bite of this or a taste of that, my counselors immediately tell me "Well, you've knocked yourself out of fat burning for three days." Of course, then I feel horribly guilty and that starts the cycle over again. It makes it feel impossible to me. I like what yours said, because it is so true. Before MRC, I would have eaten a whole slice of carrot cake, a brownie and a piece of pie. Now, I just eat one bite of the carrot cake (or whatever). Thank you for reminding me that I AM making changes and that is what counts!
Sounds like they need to get it in gear! I think we contribute a pretty good monetary sum for some encouragement with a little nudge here and there but not to be ridiculed!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 224/218/145

Height: 5'0

Hello all. I justed started program today. I brought everything I need. This looks like a great place for support. Hope to get to chat with you all and congrats on all the losses.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #48  
Jeannie

Quote:
Ahhhh!!!
I will have to check on this for self! She did tell me 4 but on the beige menu it says you can add up to two extra HNS (total of 5)! I can live with 4, just might use the fifth as a back up at night!

Sorry, no clue on the cortislim here!

Last edited by Ms Gigi; 05-01-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #49  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME all new losers!!! You're gonna love this place. Everyone is very supportive. And, share some great ideas!

CONGRATULATIONS to all you scale movers! There's so many of you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4

OK, for all you proponents of the oatmeal/cottage cheese breakfast thingy -- YUK! I'm not a fan of cottage cheese, but love my oatmeal, so thought I should give this a try. (I have these visuals about some foods, and cottage cheese looks like it has already been eaten once!) I cooked the oatmeal, added the cottage cheese, which looked pretty disgusting mixed in with the oatmeal, then added the cinnamon and nutmeg and nuked it again. Sat down at the table, took one bite and couldn't handle those little cheesy curds in my mouth. Down the sink it went, and I am back to my one egg w/cheese and a slice of cinnamon toast.

I don't like it either... I do love oatmeal, so I just stick to it or toast. I finally found the ever elusive LaTortilla tortillas for a breakfast burrito. But, don't like them either. Guess I'm just picky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
2 of my kids have science TAKS today, 1 has social studies TAKS tomorrow. On TAKS days I get up earlier and fix my kids bacon, eggs, toast so they can have protien to sustain them through the ridiculously torturous test (they usually eat the sugary junk at school also once they get there but at least they had protien in them first) Oh the whole house smells like bacon, when I got home from taking them to school my goodness you could smell it before I even opened the front door. I did not have even a taste, nope, not any. Yall know that commercial for "beggin strips" dog snacks, it says dogs dont know its not bacon and where that really obnoxious dog goes around saying bacon bacon bacon!!! lol, I felt like that a little this morning, but still did not have any.
oooooo I admire your willpower. Pretty sure I couldn't have done it. My mouth kinda wanted to water just reading about the bacon...
Old 05-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #50  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleOne View Post
Hello all. I justed started program today. I brought everything I need. This looks like a great place for support. Hope to get to chat with you all and congrats on all the losses.
I think the toughest thing for me when I started, was getting in a routine and planning ahead! The food sheets are a great help! Initially, I would plan my meals for a week and go grocery shopping off of that! Then I would prepare some of my meals ahead of time so they were ready to go! This was beneficial to me, in order to ensure that I was getting in all the protein/veggies and fruit required. I took some practice due to I eat a lot more OP than I normally ever did! You can do this, any questions, one of us should be able to help you along!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #51  
Jeannie

[QUOTE=blueyedangel;2180664][COLOR="red"]
I don't like it either... I do love oatmeal, so I just stick to it or toast. I finally found the ever elusive LaTortilla tortillas for a breakfast burrito. But, don't like them either. Guess I'm just picky.
[QUOTE]

I don't care for the tortilla's much either! They are tollerable for a change but not a favorite! I did make me a taco salad for lunch the other day with one though! I made my salad, use some browned ground buffalo, cut up the tortilla in small slices (put in a frying pan with a little EVOO for a bit to make crispy), put my tortilla slices on my salad with some salsa! Was pretty good!

Now the cottage cheese/oatmeal thing! First was a bit strange, think I put too much cinnamon! 2nd time was a charm for me- I like it (odd considering I can't stand the cottage chees). I do have to heat it up enough so as to soften the curds so I can mash them and mix with my oatmeal. I can't stand the texture either or the curd! After I mash it up and all is mixed, I let it stand a little so it is not slimey, then stir up again before I eat it! Not a daily thing, just an alternative!

Last edited by Ms Gigi; 05-01-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:

Your gonna love it here.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #53  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

QUOTE=3monkeysmomma;2179273]2 of my kids have science TAKS today, 1 has social studies TAKS tomorrow. On TAKS days I get up earlier and fix my kids bacon, eggs, toast so they can have protien to sustain them through the ridiculously torturous test (they usually eat the sugary junk at school also once they get there but at least they had protien in them first) Oh the whole house smells like bacon, when I got home from taking them to school my goodness you could smell it before I even opened the front door. I did not have even a taste, nope, not any. Yall know that commercial for "beggin strips" dog snacks, it says dogs dont know its not bacon and where that really obnoxious dog goes around saying bacon bacon bacon!!! lol, I felt like that a little this morning, but still did not have any.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!! I can so visualize this! I don't know if I could have resisted......I LOVE BACON!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4nmb2 View Post
Hello. I wanted to introduce my self. My name is Jennifer, I am new and old to the MRC program. I just rejoined yesterday after beng off program for a year and a half and going thru a rough year last year. I had done so good at keeping the 30 lbs off I had lost the first time until this January. I have now gained back 19 of those lbs. I found that my eating this time was due to emotions. Last year I got pregnant and I lost our son at 17 weeks and was coping with that fine until I got pregnant again in November 2007 and lost our baby in January. After that I think I pretty much went on an eating bing and gained the weight back. Lucily I know what worked for me last time and I am still down 11 lbs from where I started last time. My goal is 171 to start with and I am starting at `217 lbs. I am glad I found this web site. This time there is no one doing program with me so I know I can come here and read posts for encouragment if I need it.
Hope you have a great day.
I am so sorry to hear about your losses, Good luck...you will definately find support here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
Last night I had a great NSV.

It's finally time to do the big switcharoo. That's when I take out spring cloths and put away the winter ones. Clean out what hasn't been worn and what doesn't fit. Anyway, guess what? Shorts and summer things that were either tight or didn't fit now do. I modeled things that I was unsure of for DH and several things were too big. Even though they are almost new they are going bye-bye today. It was such a good feeling not to have to suck it in to get it to fit. And my muffin-top is a lot smaller.

YEAH!!!!!! I know you were on cloud nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Sharon: ( I always have trouble with the screenname so I hope this is okay) You are really working this program!!! You are melting away! Wonderful loss!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Just have a few minutes because I need to head back to the office (been gone almost 2 hours... good thing I'm sales and at budget already).

I decided to stop by the center today because I just knew I had lost that 1/2 a lb I was up Tuesday (according to my home scale, I had). So I hopped on that stinking and scale and sure enough, old 1/2 a lb and another 1 1/2 of his buddies were gone for a total 2 lb loss since Tuesday. Woohoo! So that puts me at 308 according to their scales (306 at home) and down 33 lbs. Only 7 more to the 40 lb board and only 9 more to break that first mini goal (gotta update my ticker). WOOHOO!

I am so happy for you!!!!!

Quote:
Well...after a horrible weekend OP and a not so great WI on Monday (up .5)...I WI today for a loss of 3 lbs....that's the most in 1 week that I've had for a while....I was sooooooooooo thrilled.
Way to burn up that fat!!!

Quote:

Glad to have you here! Good luck!

Quote:
I signed the 40 # board today!!! And she's so excited about it! I was a 1/2 pound away and she started looking for clothes that I could remove and then I realized that I had gym shorts in the car, she got so excited and said "GO GET THEM!!!" And it brought me to the whole pound needed for the board! And I think her name is Tarie. I think...I see her name tag and since it's spelled differently, I have a hard time with it...But she is super. I wish I could have her every time I go in. There is one girl there that is not as supportive and encouraging.
Congrats on signing the 40# board. That is awesome!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #54  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Make sure that you don't use a plastic bowl (that's what my grandma said anyway) because it will act like a grease and make it harder. Then make sure that you use enough cream of tarter so that it will aide. Getting to stiff peaks takes some time. I would say about 15 min of running the beaters at a fairly high speed. You really have to get them good.

Afterwards you can fold (gently) in some vanilla extract and so forth for flavor. Try a little Hot cocoa HNS!
Thats right, your grandma was right on, one of those silver metal bowls works best and if you let the whites get close to room temp they will fluff better too. Any oil residue left in a bowl or on a spoon or spatula will keep the whites from forming.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #55  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

I just finished getting my food and stuff ready for Relay for Life this weekend.
I just found out that a friend of mine who is also doing MRC is going to be a Relay....So glad I am going to have a diet buddy there to help me resist all that food!!

Here is what I am taking to help with the cravings.

Taco/Ranch/Cottage Cheese Dip w/ celery, cauliflower, and broccoli for dippers

Lemon Chiffon Dip w/ cinnamon tortilla and strawberry for dippers

Chicken Salad

I am also taking a couple of HNS already mixed and some cappuccino HNS for when it gets cooler during the night.

Plenty of Diet Rite

Hope everyone has a great weekend...Wish me luck!

Last edited by snflrgrl1962; 05-01-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #56  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I know that we discussed this before, but since I wasn't taking it, I didn't retain it. I was talking to my counselor today about the dress....you know, the DRESS....THE dress that is monopolizing my life right now....and she recommended that I take the cortislim. She said that it targets the abd fat and such. Does anyone know about this? And would the sea thin work the same way? I bought a ten day bottle b/c i can't afford to drop $75 for a month!! But stupid me, I spent $30 on ten days...input?? Anyone??? I think I will measure my waist tonight and then check it next week....hmmmm.......
I think the only true way to tell if they make much of a difference is to get twins on the exact same diet and put one on the supplements and one without, I take it but I'm almost out and won't buy more. In the past my belly and my boobs have stayed pretty close to the same when losing weight, they shrink in synch, lol, at about the same pace, and this time its no different, they are shrinking in synch again. So would think if it was working then my belly would be shrinking faster than my boobs? I dont blame you a bit for trying it, your "dress" day is approaching fast.

Quote:
good luck!

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 05-01-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:40 PM   #57  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I just finished getting my food and stuff ready for Relay for Life this weekend.
I just found out that a friend of mine who is also doing MRC is going to be a Relay....So glad I am going to have a diet buddy there to help me resist all that food!!

Here is what I am taking to help with the cravings.

Taco/Ranch/Cottage Cheese Dip w/ celery, cauliflower, and broccoli for dippers

Lemon Chiffon Dip w/ cinnamon tortilla and strawberry for dippers

Chicken Salad

I am also taking a couple of HNS already mixed and some cappuccino HNS for when it gets cooler during the night.

Plenty of Diet Rite

Hope everyone has a great weekend...Wish me luck!
Sounds like you have a plan! You will do great!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:42 PM   #58  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Okay, quick NSV and then personals below. This is kind of like Nickie's story about the bacon. I took my 5 yr old to McDonald's for lunch today. Now, those of you who've been here for a couple months know about my weakness for McD's fries! Well, I got Divina a happy meal and I got a grilled chicken salad for myself. I ate some of the cheese and a few bites w/bacon bits on it and then a few tastes of the dressing. Now I know bites/licks/tastes aren't good..But I did NOT have any fries or hamburgers or chicken nuggest of filet o fish! YAY for me. I ate my salad and mixed my grape HNS into my water cup and had myself a very close to OP lunch. I did, however, miss my fruit (was gonna buy some and forgot) and then I had a potato cake and 1/2 a sandwich from Arby's later in the day. I know I screwed up dinner, but I did resist temptation at McD's. Baby steps, right! I'll go WI tomorrow or Saturday morning and I think (hope) I'll be down 2 more lbs. My goal is to sign the 30lb board by next Saturday (May 10).

Do we have any challenges going right now? I'm getting better @ going back to the gym and I have my 30 lb goal, but was wondering if anyone has a challenge for us! I'm not good at creating stuff..so whatchya got??

elcome Jennifer! Sorry to hear about your losses, I can't imagine. I hope you're very successful this time around with MRC and that you can maintain. You deserve this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4nmb2 View Post
Hello. I wanted to introduce my self. My name is Jennifer, I am new and old to the MRC program.
To all the cottage cheese/oatmeal haters out there..I'm on board with you all. I tried it once and although I did eat it and didn't think it was HORRIBLE..I just can't take it again. It was just weird to me. I like cottage cheese, so I'll eat that alone..but I just didn't like the texture of this combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
OK, for all you proponents of the oatmeal/cottage cheese breakfast thingy -- YUK! GMA to 4 I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. I thought that I must have done something wrong. I tried it several times because everyone talked about how great it was. I hated it. It was slimey and just plain weird. Now I know I'm not weird.
Kristie..Sorry about the bad weekend and WI Monday. I'll go tomorrow or Saturday (depending on what's going on @ work tomorrow morning). Congrats on your 3lbs today though. Good luck next WI also!

Quote:
I have the corti-trim and I just don't know if it's making a difference or not. I know I'm losing inches in the right places, but how do I know if it's corti-trim?? Others have said the cortislim you can buy @ the stores is similar for way less money. I know you'll be able to get in that dress! YOU CAN DO THIS!

Quote:
I know that we discussed this before, but since I wasn't taking it, I didn't retain it. Does anyone know about this? And would the sea thin work the same way? I bought a ten day bottle b/c i can't afford to drop $75 for a month!! But stupid me, I spent $30 on ten days...input?? Anyone??? I think I will measure my waist tonight and then check it next week....hmmmm.......
Welcome nobleone..Good luck on your journey!

Quote:
This sounds great to me and I'm glad you have a buddy to support you. That's good to have around during those tough times! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I just finished getting my food and stuff ready for Relay for Life this weekend. Wish me luck!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:35 AM   #59  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to say a quick hello to all of you. I have had a super busy week, and have only been checking in sporadically. But I see some great losses! I will have to catch up over the weekend.
Happy Friday, and to all!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #60  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, newbies. And great job to all of you with WI and NSV achievements.

OK, not the best WI yesterday for me late p.m., as I was up .5 lbs. (Had to WI after only two days as I can't today or Sat.) And I am not bummed and here's why:

1. Those of you on the list have talked about the issues when doing the WI late in the day. My favorite MRC counselor (Ruben) was great, saying he wasn't concerned because I had had 80 oz. of water during the day, two meals, and a third HNS to get me to 6:30 p.m. for dinner. He mentioned that the 8 oz. chicken bouillon HNS I had an hour before actually weighed 8 oz. DUH! Guess I should have thought about that and had it after the WI.

2. Clothes do make a difference. I was in a business suit and the first step on the scale showed 1 lb. up. I stepped right back off, took off my jacket and weighed again. The dang jacket weighed .5 lbs!!! Still had the suit pants, blouse, pantyhose, etc. on, so figure the WI would have been stable if I would have stripped to the buff!!

3. My scale at home showed me down at least a lb. that morning so the counselor said use that as a way to show progress. I remember Donuts advice (Darren, saw your name on lots of the lb. loss charts and saw the great pictures of you and your family) so am not letting the number on the scale dictate my measure of success.

4. Jewelie had made a suggestion earlier about using one of the #3 protein groups as a substitute for the egg and/or cheese for breakfast. Ruben gave me a great recipe for Turkey Sausage where you can freeze the extra patties. It may not be as good for all the bacon lovers, but has to be better than the oatmeal/cottage cheese. Here goes (and I will post it to the recipe thread after work today):

TURKEY SAUSAGE

2-1/4 lbs. ground turkey
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/4 tsp. ground sage
3/4 ts. ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 to 2 tsp. fennel seed

In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients. Divide mixture into twelve 3 oz. portions and shape each portion into a patty.

Spray a nonstick griddle with nonstick cooking spray and heat. Add sausages and cook, turning until browned on both sides and cooked throughout.

Makes 12 sausage patties. (1 patty would be your serving)

All your posts, encouragement and advice DO make a difference. Have a great day and a happy weekend, everyone! Stay OP

Gma to 4
Closed Thread