Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Default MRC Take 21!

I thought I should start a new thread. So here it is!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #2  

I have bee a little disappointed that things have been going slower than I like then I had to remember that I am doing this for my health. One thing I found in the past is that when the losing lbs seems slow, I know that my insides are healing. Our bodies cannot do it all at the same time! Yesterday when I went to WI my blood pressure was lower than it had been in months. Now that is what I am talking about! Also my blood glucose levels have been lowering. Those are two of the main reasons I want to lose weight.

Just remember when the plateaus are happening, it doesn't mean something good is not going on, we just can't always see it!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #3  

Namaste Thanks so much. I wish I had stuck with it like you! However, it is what it is and I am back on track!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #4  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykk View Post
Namaste Thanks so much. I wish I had stuck with it like you! However, it is what it is and I am back on track!
What's important, is what you just said... you are back on track.... and! You are there.... losing! You're not continuing with the same patterns, you're learning. And, it's all progress!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #5  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Rocki & Crystal: Congrats to the both of you--you both are really doing GREAT!!

I can't remember who posted about it, but THANKS for posting about the Sea Thin on sale at CVS. I picked some up yesterday.

Where are 3MM, mirahawk & angie??? Miss them!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #6  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Good Morning everyone! Well this is day 4 for me OP and I had my first weigh in since Friday.....I was down 6lbs!!!!! WHOO-HOO!! I guess all my griping about eating salads is paying off. I'll go in again on Friday, but doubt I'll hit more that 1 or 2 then....it can't keep coming off in such big amts can it? Even though I lost 6 I can't tell it yet in my pants or anything, that dissappoints me a little. I still feel bloated kinda - maybe from all the veggies? Anyway.....I'll check in later!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykk View Post
I have bee a little disappointed that things have been going slower than I like then I had to remember that I am doing this for my health. One thing I found in the past is that when the losing lbs seems slow, I know that my insides are healing. Our bodies cannot do it all at the same time! Yesterday when I went to WI my blood pressure was lower than it had been in months. Now that is what I am talking about! Also my blood glucose levels have been lowering. Those are two of the main reasons I want to lose weight.

Just remember when the plateaus are happening, it doesn't mean something good is not going on, we just can't always see it!
Thanks for the reminder K!! I have been a little discouraged too because my scale only shows about 2lbs for this week ( I weigh in tomorrow), but while reading your post, it made me realize that when I went to the Dr. last Friday, I was down 34 lbs since I was there last year and my blood pressure, though never high, was really good, like 110/70, so I have to remember it's not always about the scale, it's other things as well, and I have to keep telling myself, that NO ONE gets fat eating chicken, salad, eggs, fruit, and turkey!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Good Morning everyone! Well this is day 4 for me OP and I had my first weigh in since Friday.....I was down 6lbs!!!!! WHOO-HOO!! I guess all my griping about eating salads is paying off. I'll go in again on Friday, but doubt I'll hit more that 1 or 2 then....it can't keep coming off in such big amts can it? Even though I lost 6 I can't tell it yet in my pants or anything, that dissappoints me a little. I still feel bloated kinda - maybe from all the veggies? Anyway.....I'll check in later!
6 lbs in 4 days!! That rocks!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #9  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Congrats! Keep it up! A lot of time, the first weigh in's are you losing a lot of water weight, but it's still very important to your loss! That's probably why you don't feel it in your pants yet. Don't get disappointed. I didn't feel it in my clothes until 25lbs!!! Stay on the program and you'll do great!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #10  

[QUOTE=krazykk;2229774]I have bee a little disappointed that things have been going slower than I like then I had to remember that I am doing this for my health. One thing I found in the past is that when the losing lbs seems slow, I know that my insides are healing.

Thanks for the reminder Karen .... I feel the same way. But we are back and doing it for our health!!

I miss Mirihawk, 3MM and Angierue too --- are you all still out there?

Congratulations on all of the terrific losses!!! You are all awesome!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #11  

Goal weight .... I had a weird thing happen at the center .... they set my goal weight at 167 .... and now as I've gotten closer, they are setting it lower and lower every time --- it's down to 137# --- whaaaaaaat? I didn't weigh anything close to that in high school (35 years ago) when I was a cheerleader and in terrific shape! ... I know I don't have the frame to weigh that. She said it's all about body comp. I just find it weird they keep lowering and lowering it by that much. It's just another one of those things that doesn't make sense to me -- I have a lot of those. lol

Has that happened to any of you?
Old 06-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #12  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Goal weight .... I had a weird thing happen at the center .... they set my goal weight at 167 .... and now as I've gotten closer, they are setting it lower and lower every time --- it's down to 137# --- whaaaaaaat? I didn't weigh anything close to that in high school (35 years ago) when I was a cheerleader and in terrific shape! ... I know I don't have the frame to weigh that. She said it's all about body comp. I just find it weird they keep lowering and lowering it by that much. It's just another one of those things that doesn't make sense to me -- I have a lot of those. lol

Has that happened to any of you?

That happened to me too but I kind of figured it would.... the last time I did the tanita, it said my goal weight would be 183 so here we are.... and they said the same thing as your center did.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Congratulations to all:

Those with big loses: can you tell me what you eat in a typical day? What is a sample of your menu. I have a hard time trying to put things together that are on plan. If someone tells me eat this at this time, I can follow it closely. Thanks for the support and help.

Last edited by wanttobeskinny; 06-17-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
That happened to me too but I kind of figured it would.... the last time I did the tanita, it said my goal weight would be 183 so here we are.... and they said the same thing as your center did.
Thanks Denise ... I thought I was going crazy! It kind of feels like dangling a carrot in front of your nose and then moving it back farther every time you make some progress and get close .... but I'm just telling myself, the number isn't important -- feeling good is (if I say it enough I'll believe it)
Old 06-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #15  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeskinny View Post
Congratulations to all:

Those with big loses: can you tell me what you eat in a typical day? What is a sample of your menu. I have a hard time trying to put things together that are on plan. If someone tells me eat this at this time, I can follow it closely. Thanks for the support and help.
I don't consider myself one that gets big losses very often. But wanted to tell you what works for me.

I am pretty consistant (say 4 days out of the week) with 2 boiled eggs & toast at breakfast. And, grilled chicken salad at lunch, with usually an orange or strawberries. Dinner varies...it's the one meal I mix it up.

The other 3 days at breakfast & lunch, I'll do a MRB or 2 oz. cheese, or leftovers from the night before for lunch (chicken, broccoli, stuffed peppers, etc.)

Hope that helps you a little...

Also, I do my HNS between my meals to stave off any hunger. I don't do creamies (but, I've heard they sustain you longer).

Typically on the really long days at work I will have HNS at 5:30, breakfast at 6:00, HNS at 9:30, lunch at about 11:30, HNS at 2:30 & 5:00 & dinner at 7:00.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 06-17-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Closed Thread