Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #106  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default turkey sausage

GMA: Thanks for posting the sausage recipe. I made it tonight and it tasted just like sausage. The spices were right on. DH ate it but "would not order it again" so I get to have the leftovers. Actually looking forward to having something different for breakfast. Might try it with an egg or some cheese with toast or a tortilla. I really liked it.

Wi today for a 1 lb loss. Am going tomorrow again for the free breakfast in a bag. You have to weigh in to get one but I'm really not expecting to lose anything in 1 day though. Another 1.5 lbs and I can sign the 20# board.

Also going to the finding the connection class next week. It's about grief. I'm thinking it will help because I've been emotionally eating for years while watching my mother deteriorate.

Won a free bottle of Cortitrim for a contest my center had for the month of April. If you exercised three days a week they entered your name for a drawing of various prizes. Does anyone know if you can take that with Sea Slim?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #107  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Namaste...great job on th 95 pounds gone forever!! I wi tomorrow, so hope to be signing the 90 pound board...following right behind you.

Jant...welcome back...I missed you, glad to to see you recommitting.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #108  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Talking Look at the bottom! I am so excited! The simple things in life that make us happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I'm THRILLED to share my WI news with you all. I was down 4 lbs this morning for a total of 7 this week! I signed the 45 lb board and am now looking at the 50 lb board and getting to one-derland! I did measurements today and have lost 62 inches.
And I made chicken enchiladas last night for everyone and didn't even have one bite. That was difficult but I knew I had WI and measurement day staring me in the face so I was good.
I don't know where to start!!! I just say Your numbers are outstanding/fabulous! How wonderful, and your concured a board!

Now the enchilada thing, I would have had to have one and do some time on the elyptical! I grew up eating a lot of mexican food! As a matter of fact, someone mentioned chicken fahitas the other day! That was my lunch! Picked out the chicken, green peppers, tomatoes, ate a little of the onion and a tortilla! Had maybe 2 bites of rice/beans (didn't taste good to me at all), there was a fresh salad on the plate, ate that with some of the salsa! Usually I would have ate it all, the plate aside of the grilling pan looked like I had barely touched it and I feel stuffed still! I gotta figure out where to put dinner! I know we are not supposed to have an MRB for dinner, but I might go that route, drank HNS a few minutes ago and feel like I'm going to pop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I think you need to let them know how their guilt trip affects you. Next time they use that line, tell them what you said here - how much worse it would've been before and that every time you hear the 3-days stuff, it just puts you into a loop of more bad choices. You're paying them lots of money, they need to give you the kind of support YOU need, not what they think "should" work.
I SECOND THAT! Welcome back Meemo! Hope your trip went well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
I hate TOM. TOM made me gain a pound. I'm totally blaming it on that since I've been completely OP even tho 2 people have brought donuts this week to work! Thank God they weren't Crispy Creme...not sure I would have remained strong... Self challenge: Down 6 by next Friday! Kickin' up the exercise & knockin' off the pounds! I WILL DO IT! That will be right at 2 months on program & the 20 pound board!
Not sure how I would do with Crispy Creme, I love the custard filled donuts! With some !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Yesterday's weigh in was better. I lost the 1 1/2 pounds I had gained previously (due to TOM and being out of town) plus another 1/2 pound to go with it. This puts me at 1.5 pounds away from the 30 pound board. Totally do-able by my next weigh in. I plan on being on plan! I finally think that I have gotten over my self-sabatoge. I want to be on plan and I am not craving the salt and sweet anymore. So, I hope to see some really good losses over the next few weeks. I wouldn't have made it through the rough times with out the help of you guys! Thanks so much for all the kind words and encouragement!
You rock! Yippee!! You can do it! I am rooting for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
I was wondering what everyones weekly loss average is ? I know we all are different but i was just curious how many of us are losing the 3-5 pounds a week that mrc states?
I really hadn't looked at the average until your question came up! I started program 20 Mar., last wi was 29 Apr. (15.5 to that point). That avereage out to apx. 5 weeks at 3.1 weekly! Thanks for the question. I was feeling a bit behind but looking at it in that perspective, it don't look too bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm3boys View Post
Hi I'm new. Started MRC April 19th. I have lost 7 lbs. I've been reading your posts and find them very interesting.
7 lbs. is awesom!! You will love it hear! All the experience and suggestons, help for some variety and all are great listeners/support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I just back from weigh in and lost 3lbs. I'm at 95lbs now!!! Whoa!
You are the woman, you are rockin! I know all have been refeering to fists full of fat, well for some odd reason, I have always looked at the 5 and 10 lb. sacks of potatoes in the store! LOL To put an actuall visualization of what I had actually lost when on plan before, I would get a sack of potatoes and carry it around for a bit or use it as a visualization to put things into perspective. That darn bag is heavy after a while and to know that I wasn't carrying around that weight on my body anymore, WOW! That is a whole lot of potatoes gone for good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Hey everyone...Had mentioned before that I was really wanting Pizza Hut , so Monday night I broke down and got the stuffed crust cheese pizza. Told myself this is the last cheat! For goodness sakes...I only have 14 more lbs to go and my contract ends the first week of June. I know I can do this, just need to refocus and get out of my eating rut. Thanks for listening.
You are almost there! You will hit the finish line before you know it! Hey, we are human - anything can be bad for you if not in moderation! I'm sure you made much wiser desisions on selection and portion with your pizza that what you would have previously! You can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
WI today and lost 3.5 lbs! woo hoo. Was kinda funny because I WI and it said 2.5 and I thought it would be more then I left and we were driving down the road and it dawned on me that I had to pee! I forgot to pee first! So I made hubby go back and told the ladies I forgot to pee could I wi again and they let me and yup I was holding a pound of pee.
Way to go 3mm! Hey now, I couldn't even imagine holding in that much! A little TMI! LOL I tinkle soo much, at times I feel like my eyeballs are about to float right out of my head!

Gma to 4: I'm on board now! I have my signature! Yippee, this site is an addiction - I was so excited when I logged on this evening and saw the new tab to edit signature!

Bomaze (Where are you) Hope all is going well for you!: When I first found the site, I was looking through all the stuff available and made a sig previously, when I found this thread - low an behold we had very similar sig's! Think we have a bit in common, start weigh/goal, animals, and sig!

Last edited by Ms Gigi; 05-03-2008 at 12:00 AM. Reason: addition
Old 05-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #109  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
GMA: Won a free bottle of Cortitrim for a contest my center had for the month of April. If you exercised three days a week they entered your name for a drawing of various prizes. Does anyone know if you can take that with Sea Slim?
Good for you! Not sure about the the Cortitrim/Sea Slim. Sorry I am no help in that area.

I am going to have to get some ground Turkey and try some of the recipes with it. I picked up some tukey before and didn't care for it much! Was most likely the way I cooked it, it was very dry and tasteless! YUK I will have to experiment with that option, not sure but am thinking it must be cheaper than the buffalo!

I'm still tickled, I have a sig!

Last edited by Ms Gigi; 05-02-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #110  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Ms.Gigi:

Glad you got your ticker...doesn't it make you feel like you are truly a part of this group?

I truly admire your dedication to sticking OP with all your travels. Is your DH with you?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #111  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Ms.Gigi:

Glad you got your ticker...doesn't it make you feel like you are truly a part of this group?

I truly admire your dedication to sticking OP with all your travels. Is your DH with you?
Wish he were but, NO! My hubby works too! His job is at home! I was medically retired on short notice so I took the first job offer I got so I have been at this for 2 1/2 years now! My hubby retired after me and was lucky to get a federal job close to home. We do have a 15 year old boy so hubby is home with him. We have adjusted ok for the time being but, hubby and myself are always looking for a job that keeps me home more. I am always applying, figure when the right job comes along it will all fall in place. Trying to be patient. The thing that sucks, federal or not, I have had a couple of call backs and or invitations to facility opening with job fairs that I am over qualified for but they usually occur when I am away on a job so I miss out! I am trying to get in on a federal job but there hiring system is a hard one to break through. The travel is fun at times too. When ever possible, on long weekends or when my son is on a school break, he and hubby drive to where I am and or fly in for a visit (of course with all the sky miles I accumulate). I travel all over! My first year on the job and my first trip, I spent 4 1/2 mths in Waiki, HI! Have been trying to get a trip to Alaska, will be going to Korea in a couple of months. That is going to be a fun one, clothes are so cheap! You can take a photo of something you like in a shop and they will make it for you! I am looking! Will be at a smaller size when I go and plan on having some stuff made and ship home! That trip will be while my son is on summer break, we are planning on him and hubby flying over for a week. The places I named were just a few, I have been to GA, AR, NY, WA, NC, KY, KS, and more to come! Also with us being retired military, we have friends all over so, this gives me an opportunity to see old friends sometimes as well. I am originally from CA, so being in WA if I get a 3 day weekend, I plan on catching a flight down to CA and surprise Mom and DAD! (That would be nice, definatly trying to work it in!)
Old 05-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #112  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
Wow! I am so impressed! It really takes dedication to tale off 95 lbs! How are you staying motivated?
Thanks! It is dedication, and so much more. I know we've talked about it before, but my "freedoms" are really what keep me motivated. I think about a week before I decided to go to MRC, I started writing down things that I missed, things I wanted back, the things I couldn't achieve by being "morbidly obese" and I kept it with me. When I started MRC, the list was always there. It was something that, whenever I would feel like I just couldn't do it, I would look at and realize that those things on that list were so much more important than ANY food could ever be. The list has grown, and as I think of something that I've gained back, I add it to the list. When I think of something that I still long for, I add it to the list. And I revisit that list often, in strong times and weak. I've changed and I'm different this time. I think differently about everything.... not just food. Also, I'd like to say.... you all are just one of the best motivations out there. This is a place that we can all come and just throw it out there with no judgement. I appreciate that. It's so caring, and loving and just makes it such a wonderful experience. I look forward to reading everyone's posts everyday!

Maybe we should revisit the list of freedoms?

I can start. I'll only had a few, because the list is very very long..... and how about when I reach goal, I will share them all.... as I said before, the good, the bad and the ugly?!

In no particular order...

To wear my wedding ring again
To not have to use the larger stalls in the bathroom or wonder if I'll "fit" in the smaller ones
To fit in an airplane seat without needing a seatbelt extender
To rid a bicycle with my son and husband
To reach down and lace my shoes
To not be embarrassed by family photo's
To walk into any store and buy clothes, not the "fat" section or specialty store
To not be scared if I might break a plastic chair
To use a normal blood pressure cuff
To be judged on my merit and ability, not on my looks
To cross my legs

Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #113  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
You are the woman, you are rockin! I know all have been refeering to fists full of fat, well for some odd reason, I have always looked at the 5 and 10 lb. sacks of potatoes in the store! LOL To put an actuall visualization of what I had actually lost when on plan before, I would get a sack of potatoes and carry it around for a bit or use it as a visualization to put things into perspective. That darn bag is heavy after a while and to know that I wasn't carrying around that weight on my body anymore, WOW! That is a whole lot of potatoes gone for good! [/COLOR][/B]
That would be a LOT of potatoes for sure. Yesterday, when I weighed in my son was with me and afterward, he gave me one of "those" hugs where they don't let go and morph into a monkey and hang on you? I was telling the counselor (Ruben as a matter of fact) that he was 54lbs and I couldn't even imagine carrying that much extra weight around, let along almost two of him.... I did explain it probably feels a little different when that 95 lbs is dispersed throughout (or for me... in by booty and belly) but still.... wow. It was an eye opener.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #114  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Namaste...great job on th 95 pounds gone forever!! I wi tomorrow, so hope to be signing the 90 pound board...following right behind you.
That's right girl... we are together in this!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #115  
Denise

Quote:
WI today and lost 3.5 lbs! woo hoo. Was kinda funny because I WI and it said 2.5 and I thought it would be more then I left and we were driving down the road and it dawned on me that I had to pee! I forgot to pee first! So I made hubby go back and told the ladies I forgot to pee could I wi again and they let me and yup I was holding a pound of pee.
Great job!!!

You forgot to pee! Too funny! and a lb of pee?! How can you forget about that! I live like 4 blocks from MRC and I'll go before I leave my house, and then again when I get there.... just to make sure! hahaha! I never forget that! I'm glad you went back!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #116  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Tina is the one I started with but they told me yesterday that she left. We have 3 new counselors coming on board.
I wondered. It seemed really strange that I hadn't seen here because I'm there an awful lot (between weigh in and class). Thanks for finding out. That's too bad, I really will miss her. Guess it's time to find a new favorite. And, yes!!! Look for my name with Donuts.... "coming soon to a board near you"! If you look at the 90lb board, my son signed my name to it... below my signature.... it's cute. It's like DENISE Too funny. I bet people think I really write like that!
Old 05-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #117  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Thanks! It is dedication, and so much more. I know we've talked about it before, but my "freedoms" are really what keep me motivated...
In no particular order...
To wear my wedding ring again
To not have to use the larger stalls in the bathroom or wonder if I'll "fit" in the smaller ones
To fit in an airplane seat without needing a seatbelt extender
To rid a bicycle with my son and husband
To reach down and lace my shoes
To not be embarrassed by family photo's
To walk into any store and buy clothes, not the "fat" section or specialty store
To not be scared if I might break a plastic chair
To use a normal blood pressure cuff
To be judged on my merit and ability, not on my looks
To cross my legs
Thank you for sharing this! This is very personal and you should be soo much filled with pride! You have came a long way and have added so many beautiful years with your DH and son! What a wonderful feeling! I am truly touched! Those hugs are great!
Old 05-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #118  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

3mm!!! What a Big loss!!! Awesome! You are hilarious!!! A whole pound of pee huh? Girl, how much water you drinking!!!!

Quote:
Old 05-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #119  
Ms. Jennifer

Namaste! You are a true inspiration! 95 pounds! Wow!
Old 05-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #120  
Ms. Jennifer

Finz: Fantastic Loss! I'd love to hit 4 pounds at one time like that! And 7 in 1 week in excellent. Congrats on the 45 pound board! Sure makes you feel proud, huh?
Closed Thread