Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #421  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I had a long post all typed up and I hit some weird button that I have never hit before I dont guess and it all went away, irritating. Ill start again...I had Wi today and lost 2.5 lbs. I wore a pair of green/blue courderoy pants today that I have not been able to wear. I tried them on just last week and had to lay on the bed to zip them up, today they zipped right up fine in an upright position, i wouldn't think only 2.5 lbs would be enough to make the pants zip but guess some inches went with the lbs?. I also found some bagels in the fridge section at walmart, they are only 55 calories for a half bagel, they have plain, garlic/onion and cinnamon spice, I got the cinn ones to try tomorrow at breakfast. I also found 35 calorie sliced bread, the best i have seen so far. Also to help with "dry" chicken try spraying it with Asian Silk salad spritzer, it has like a smokey bacony flavor to me and helps with the dryness of the chicken, sometimes I use mustard as a dip too but alot of people dont like mustard, I use just enough to cut the dryness (like how left over chicken is dry as a bone, ick) Has anyone read the Mermaid Chair? I bought it tonight, that one and The River Knows by Amanda Quick, anyone read that one yet? Think Ill start the Mermaid Chair tonight. My center finally had the peach mango powder, gonna try it tomorrow, I hate that I am stuck with the peach mango concentrate, its so gross. This will be the first year in many that I do not host a Mothers day dinner at my house sunday, I just cant bring myself to do it this year, my husband will be at work, yall know im not speaking to my sister (yes still), my step monster had knee replacement thursday my oldest brother has to work so his family wont be here, my other 2 brothers never really care and the thought of going through all that work just for my mother is hilarious. I need to think of something to set my kids up with, they need to feel like they have done something very special for me, it makes them feel good. Usually they fix me breakfast in bed and they are so proud, but I am afraid they will cook things a way I cant have them so i think I might tell hubby to suggest something else. Anyway, Im just rambling again now aren't I, guess I tend to do that at night. Off to sleep or read, guess ill decide when my head hits the pillow, night yall.
3MM: Great job on the 2.5 lb loss and getting into those pants. I know just how good that feels.

I didn't like the peach mango (concentrate or powder), but did find a way to use the concentrate as syrup on my french toast. And that could be an easy dish for your kids to fix for your breakfast. I mix my eggs up with a little vanilla and cinnamon before I add the bread. And with your 35 calorie bread, you could probably fudge a bit and add the extra slice (at least if you are on the green menu...the beige may be different). If you have the cappucino HNS, you can mix it up and add it to decaf coffee with a flavored (or plain) splenda and a shot of vanilla sugar-free syrup for a 16 oz faux Starbucks. That would make a great breakfast...heck, I think that is what I'm going to fix!

Ms.Gigi: I'll bet your hair looks great. If you can, post a picture of the new 'do.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF THE MOM'S ON THIS FORUM

Gma to 4
Old 05-10-2008, 08:52 PM   #422  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I think I have it worked out. I will be going in on Monday and asking what happens if I gain over my month home in ND. If I gain, will I not be able to stabilize? I have made myself sick over this. I don't want to spend anymore money and I need to have something liveable while I am driving all over the place. So....I will stabilize and not re enroll, but on this trip
I will pack a cooler for my long drive. I will have chicken and turkey in 4 oz baggies so that I have my protein. Baggies of veggies and my HNS already mixed up in those cute little aquapod bottles. Then I will make the best choices I can while I am there. I won't guarantee that I will be perfect, but I will try to stay OP when I can. Lifes too short to be this stressed over this! I am supposed to be happy and excited.

Perfect! This is a great attitude and a great plan. This is a lifestyle change and you are doing great. I would schedule a heart to heart with the manager and express your frustrations. They should be able to work with you. Regardless, you have learned well from this program and you are taking all the right steps for permanent weight loss.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #423  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Oh, my gosh! The losses today have been impressive...Jeweliek (surpassing your goal), the three newbies (Sheldon07, Boomer, Diamond Oaks), MSTeacher, Alexiah, Mommato3, Mrs. Phibes, Goal4Life, Esquisit. Terrific job, everyone. Maybe I should change one of my WI days to Saturday.

Readytobethinagain, hang in there. I know we all go throught what you are feeling. I feel so much healthier already after 7 weeks, so that is what I keep coming back to as my main reason for continuing.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #424  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

WAY TO GO jeweliek - I just read your next post. Great job - you actually hit goal. Ok, I'm dancing around and throwing pretend confetti for you!! What a great way to start a vacation.

Congratulations on all the great losses and the great NSV's. I love that we all hit highs and lows and different times. There's always a changing group pulling us through.

My little NSV today - went to a baby shower and didn't have a single thing off plan. It didn't hurt that people were freaking out and telling me I look like a completely different person. These are my camping friends, so they haven't seen me since the end of last year. It was a really fun afternoon and reminded me how far I've come on this plan.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #425  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post

My little NSV today - went to a baby shower and didn't have a single thing off plan. It didn't hurt that people were freaking out and telling me I look like a completely different person. These are my camping friends, so they haven't seen me since the end of last year. It was a really fun afternoon and reminded me how far I've come on this plan.
shineon...what a great nsv, and passing up on shower food !!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 05-10-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'9"

Just curious on something. I read online about noodles made from tofu (tofu shirataki?) that have 20 calories. 0.5 g of fat and only 3g of carbs. Has anyone tried them? Are they any good? I'm really missing pasta and would love to be able to have something that resembled a noodle every once in a while.

I wrote down the nutritional info and I'm going to check with my center. I really couldn't find anything on the label that I think would cause them to say no. I am just wondering if any of you have already asked, tried the noodles, etc?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #427  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
I might be crazy but was someone here doing a one week experiment with the Corti-Trim? I would be interested to hear the results of that!
That was me! And Ihaven't noticed a dang thing.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:32 AM   #428  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Mommato3 - Congrats on the 30 # board!!!!

ShineOn - Kudos to you on your NSV!!!

Last edited by bomaze; 05-11-2008 at 02:32 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:41 AM   #429  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Shineon: Fabulous NSV! Well, it has been a long day, off to bed! Oh BTW, today was all OP!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:15 AM   #430  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Namaste~ You are like a "mini me". Who says women can't lose weight just as fast as men? You and Ali (The Biggest Loser) have broken all the barriers of mind over fat. I'll be there when you cross the Big 100 lb finish line.

MSTeacher~ Holy Fat Burnin' Cow
It's probably just another 4 pounds to you. Your hard work and commitment to the plan is paying off bigtime!!!

Jewelie~
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa Super Losing Hooooooooo!!!!!!!
There isn't anyone here that I wish the biggest success more for. If you feel ready for stabilization/maintenance, you should go for it! I wanted to tell you that my fat percent monitor at home says I have 21% body fat, while the tanita at MRC says I'm at 16%. You can only guess which one I go by. Fat percent readings can vary by 5%. You may be at 26% body fat right now! You just need to find the right fat% monitor. I would be curious to see what results you would get at my center.

I will be signing up for the 5K at Estes Park this week. Hope anyone here who wants to join us signs up soon. We could have a little 3Fatchicks mini reunion. Heck, maybe we could make it a yearly event to get together.

Jewelie, I also wanted to tell you and anyone else who might be interested in a running group, that I signed up for a running group in Fort Collins called "Peak to Peak Running". They put together small groups of runners with all types of abilities.
They are having an information meeting this Thursday, May 15th at 7:30 AM at Timberline Church, Room 204. PM me if you need more information or directions. I wasn't sure if you would still be out of town.

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 05-11-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:50 AM   #431  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Jewelie..Congrats! You're AWESOME!!

Donuts. Sorry I missed this, but welcome to WONEderland!

Jenny..Congrats on your great loss.

I know there are tons more but it's 3:50am and I'm kind of out of it b/c I just can't sleep but wanted to stop in and say congrats to EVERYONE today!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms here!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:56 AM   #432  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
WAY TO GO jeweliek - I just read your next post. Great job - you actually hit goal. Ok, I'm dancing around and throwing pretend confetti for you!! What a great way to start a vacation.

Congratulations on all the great losses and the great NSV's. I love that we all hit highs and lows and different times. There's always a changing group pulling us through.

ShineOn/Gina~ I can't help but smile every time I see your avatar After reading your little Non Scale Victory (NSV), I can see you are staying strong! I'm going to a high school graduation party of a good friend's son next week. My friend has not seen me in about 3 or 4 years. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees me. It really is fun isn't it? You have come a long way. Thanks for sharing the most important victory - the Non Scale kind.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #433  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #434  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Default Momma got a new do!

I hope all is having a lovely Mothers Day!! My son called me first thing this morning and my cell phone keeps buzzing with msgs.! Nothing from DH yet! He does usually wait for me to call him in the morn. due to time difference and he does'nt want to wake me up!

Well I took another photo since I got my hair cut the other day! There is a little glare from the window, sorry! I need to work with it some, it is layerd all over! I am not one to style hair, I am a wash and go kind of girl! Sure it will grow on me, need to play with it a bit! It is definatly a lot lighter than before, still kind of long but considering what it was, it feels really short to me!

Last edited by Ms Gigi; 05-11-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #435  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
That was me! And Ihaven't noticed a dang thing.
Thanks for letting us know. They were trying to get me to buy that on Friday...said I'm not losing very fast in my mid-section. I was a little leary since on Monday, they wanted me to buy the Hoodia....
Closed Thread