Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #316  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
3MM:
You are the same age as my daughter. She is bright, beautiful (inside and out) and has two great little boys - 3-1/2 yrs and 9 mos. She was experiencing some of the same feelings you described and after a visit to her doctor, they put her on an anti-depressant. It has made all the difference in the world to her. I forget how hard it was and how overwhelming to be a mom when my own kids were little and we were raising them in a small town in SD, miles from everything (and it sounds like where you live - hot, dry, dusty, humid and nothing for miles).

I'm not a counselor but am a mom so would encourage you to visit with someone about how you feel. You've got a great sense of humor, are bright (I love your suggestions and have found they are sooo helpful), and are trying to accomplish a lot at one time. Take care of yourself and make your own state of mind a top priority. I'm glad you vented here, as I'm sure the other online friends will offer you support.

Hey...I agree with you on the cukes. They do taste like watermelon rinds. The only way I can eat them is after they've been in the blender for gazpacho. Hmmm, I wonder if that would be an item for lunch on this diet?
Thanks GMato 4 and shine on, I have been on nearly every anti depressant there is. The last one was lexapro and it caused severe cramping in my hands and feet. All of them either had really bad side effects or didn't do anything for me. I can think of 7 off the top of my head but there has been more. I have a plan though, things in mind to do to help myself, i just feel like im in a stand still right now, waiting and that gets boring and frustrating. There was an annivesary card waiting on the bar when I woke up today. But it doesn't count because today is not our annivesary. Yesterday was. I still have not eaten off plan though. So good for me.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Okay, I have a NSV (2 really) and then I need advice!
NSV #1 ~ I put on a pair of Capri's this morning that I hadn't worn since last summer. And, truth be told, they were a little tight last summer. Today, I had to fold over the side and pin them because they are too big! Whoo-hoo!

NSV#2 ~ this week is Teacher Appreciation week. Our PTO is doing great things for us, and I really appreciate it, but most of it involves food! Teachers do like their food! Anyway, today I am proud of myself. They grilled hamburgers for us. I ate the hamburger patty with a little cheese, some tomato and lettuce. I DID NOT EAT THE BUN OR THE CHIPS OR THE LITTLE PECAN PIES! Yeah me! They also had Sheridan's Ice Cream come in and make personalized sundaes for all the teachers. I did not take even one tiny bite! I ate my apple and enjoyed, vicariously, the ice cream that my friends ate!

Advice ~ Again, more food will be brought in tomorrow. They are bringing in Carino's Italian food. ARGHHHHHH! I love pasta and that has been one of the hardest things for me to "quit." What can I do to make this easier on myself? Help!
Great NSV's! Wonderful willpower today. The only advice I have is mental. One of my counselor's told me that having a bunch of carbs takes about 72 hours to get back into fat burning mode. Is eating pasta worth that? You are doing so well! Sending some willpower to you. You might also try making some spaghetti squash and bringing that to eat. Being Italian I know that is no where close to the same but...
Old 05-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #318  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Mrs. Phibes, Finz, Rocki, Jenny, working ar mom, bonnie Yeah I have battled this for most of my life, sometimes a little slips out. I think my annivesrary (or lack of) set the lousy mood. Mommato3 I hope your mood improves too your dealing with some struggles right now too . Welcome diamond theres always room for 1 more.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 237.5/198/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Struggling to Stay OP

As some of you may remember, a few weeks ago, my boyfriend told me that he may be moving to Hawaii of all places. Well, earlier this week, he met with a real estate agent to place his home for sale/rent. His deadline to find a job and stay here is the end of July. While I'm trying to remain positive, I'm really struggling with this, which in turn is affecting my ability/resolve to stay OP. I do good for a day or two, but then stumble and fall. I tried the Meta-Quick menu earlier this week, but wound up so hungry by dinner that I don't think I can stick with it. I didn't realize how deeply this would have affected me, as I never have gone through something like this before. When I was divorcing, I had run out of 'feelings' for my husband, so the split was easier. This time, I'm not ready, the feelings are still there, so, I'm having a real hard time with this...guess I'm more of an emotional eater than I thought. I'm starting to read "Life is Hard, Food is Easy", hoping it will help me try to deal with the emotional part of my eating. I've done so well OP, I don't want to fall back into my old patterns and wind up back where I started.

I'm really far behind on reading posts...to everyone who has celebrated losses, congrats...welcome to all the newbies.....I'll keep coming back...hopefully I can conquer this soon and get back OP and continue on my journey to a new, healthier, happier me.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #320  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey! I know it can be hard when someone so close is moving. But think about your health and why you wanted to lose the weight. Don't give up on the plan. I know you can do it. Maybe try and focus on something else (which I'm sure is easier said than done). But reading is a good start. We are hear to listen whenever you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
As some of you may remember, a few weeks ago, my boyfriend told me that he may be moving to Hawaii of all places. Well, earlier this week, he met with a real estate agent to place his home for sale/rent. His deadline to find a job and stay here is the end of July. While I'm trying to remain positive, I'm really struggling with this, which in turn is affecting my ability/resolve to stay OP. I do good for a day or two, but then stumble and fall. I tried the Meta-Quick menu earlier this week, but wound up so hungry by dinner that I don't think I can stick with it. I didn't realize how deeply this would have affected me, as I never have gone through something like this before. When I was divorcing, I had run out of 'feelings' for my husband, so the split was easier. This time, I'm not ready, the feelings are still there, so, I'm having a real hard time with this...guess I'm more of an emotional eater than I thought. I'm starting to read "Life is Hard, Food is Easy", hoping it will help me try to deal with the emotional part of my eating. I've done so well OP, I don't want to fall back into my old patterns and wind up back where I started.

I'm really far behind on reading posts...to everyone who has celebrated losses, congrats...welcome to all the newbies.....I'll keep coming back...hopefully I can conquer this soon and get back OP and continue on my journey to a new, healthier, happier me.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #321  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Diamond Oaks - We're really glad you found us. Feel free to join this crazy, silly, serious and kickin' supportive group!! We look forward to getting to know you on your journey.

alexiah - this is probably getting to you too late, but I loved Famous Daves - pre-MRC. Every once in a while, we end up eating there. When you have a platter to choose from, you can get the chicken. Just pull the skin off and wipe off the sauce. The chicken is so tender and juicy. Hope you did ok!

mommato3 - Yea on your good choices. I'm so proud of you!!! Now, for tomorrow, I would suggest you drink an HNS about 15 - 30 minutes before lunch. I love the spaghetti squash idea. I would bring back up food in case there are no healthy choices. Maybe even make up some meat sauce MRC style, that way you look like you are eating what everyone else is. I do that a lot during casual potlucks. I just find out what the theme is and bring my own version. Good luck. You can do it!

rockijames - way to go on your 3 lb loss!!! You have been working hard at staying on plan and you deserve it. It feels so good to see the scale move when you're following the rules. Slow and steady wins the race.

crested1 - I would get into the center as soon as possible and plan on having a good talk in there. See if you can crash one of the finding connections classes. Handling this emotional crisis will help set you up for future victories over stress and the connection with eating. I wish I could say something to make it all better, but this is just going to be tough no matter what you do. Hang in there and take it one breath at a time. I'm reminded of my favorite line from Steel Magnolias - "that which does not kill us makes us stronger". You are strong, and you will get through this, but don't be afraid to feel it. Cry and let yourself go through the grieving process. We're here for you.

3mm - Don't be so hard on him, he is a guy afterall - (sorry Donuts ) How about asking him out on a date? Just tell him you need some special time for your post anniversary. If I feel like I need flowers, special attention, compliments, etc - I just tell my husband that's what I need. Takes a little of the fun out, so I don't tell him what to do, just that I'm feeling like I need a little extra attention. He plays along and probably really appreciates me being vocal instead of sulky and having him guess what I need. Guys are simple.

Wow, look at me. I'm channeling my inner Gigi :-) Ok, back to work!

Last edited by ShineOn; 05-08-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #322  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I know you miss out on alot traveling so much but I am jealous. My world is so small, so depressingly, ridiculously small. I don't know anything about the HUGE world I live in and the older I get the more I am hating that. I live in ugly West Texas, its flat and brown and hot. I would love to travel but then comes fear, fear of airplanes, fear of boats, fear of driving. I am getting very restless though (midlife crisis maybe?) Is 33 too soon for a midlife crisis? I am getting tired of everything, my house bores me, my town bores me, my age scares me, my son going to highschool terrifies me, my husband doesn't really do it for me anymore, Im tired of being fat. I don't have a social life because of my weight. There's really not much for me to look forward to these days. I quit smoking, I quit sodas, I cant even have a good meal. How did this little post turn into Nickie's pity party? My anniversary was lousy, didn't even get a card. Jeannie you can send me a bill for this session, lol.
WOW...just want you to know you aren't alone. I started really feeling that way about 4 years ago. When I was 31. I'm a little better now. But, sometimes it really feels like my world is closing in on me. I HATED living in West TX. But, i don't really like it here either & this is where I was raised! Sometimes I think I will never really find my own place in this world. Just wanted you to know that maybe it's something we all go thru at some point. The best way I can describe how I feel is: overwhelmed & understimulated. I know that sounds contradictory... But somehow it makes perfect sense.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #323  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Personal Update..

WI today and was down 3 lbs. I lost the 1.5 I had gained and another 1.5. I'm really back on track (AGAIN) with my food and drinks and everything. My goal is 3.5 more lbs by Monday. That will be the 30 lb board. Then after that I'd say 3 more by the following week b/c that will be in the 130s! OMG!

Good luck to eveyrone WI soon and for those treading water..keep your chin up! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Way to go Rocki!!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 167.5/161/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the welcome! FYI - Diamond Oaks is the name of our farm - we have sheep, hence the avatar....

Well tomorrow is my 2nd weigh in and I can't wait. Check back in after that.

Debbie
Old 05-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Hello all.....I've been soooooo busy this week! I see there are a lot of losses and some new people. Congrats on the great numbers and welcome newbies!!!

Donuts - I am proud of you. Good job on all the exercise and one-derland

As for me, I'm maintaining. No loss no gain. They want me to wait until next month and do another body comp after I get back from the trip home. Then maybe do stabilization. I'm scared. When I eat anything off plan I gain weight. I am going back home, not staying in a place that I can easily make my own food, and going to Graduations and confirmations, a going away party for a BIL that is being deployed and 2 birthday parties. All of these will have LOTS of food. Most are BBQ and mainly burgers with potato salad and other creamy sides. I know I have ideas on how to live thru it, but how do I live thru it and come back here showing a loss so that I can stabilize! When I come back I will only have 1 week left and all I was told last night is that I can sign up for some extra weeks if I need to. Why would I pay more money to reach a goal that isn't mine??? Maybe I'm worrying for nothing.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #326  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Hi all i am back from my meeting and i did ok i could have done ALOT better but i am ok with the choice i made i ate no bread no dessert and no soda just had some brisket and beans and an apple. I went and did my walk right after so that makes me feel a little better....But i feel very full and i am thinking of skipping dinner all together tonite does anyone have advice ? Is it ok to skip dinner you think? Should i still take all my supplements?
Old 05-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #327  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Mommato3: I'd probably stick with the salad and/or bring in some prepared spaghetti squash to add their sauce to and call it a small deviation; otherwise, bring your own food and don't touch a bit of it.
Great advice! I like the salad and spaghetti squash idea.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #328  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Thanks for the advice, gals! I think that I will bring some protein and then eat their salad. And of course, my hns.

3mm ~ I feel your pain. I have been on lots of different depression meds over the last few years. I am finally on Effexor and I really like it...when I remember to take it. I am so horrible about taking medicine and I don't know why. I just "forget" to take it, alot. I know that it is so not good for me to do that. My grandmother was/is manic depressive/paranoid schzophrenic (sp) and she never wanted to take her medicine, which of course just made her worse. I have seen her when she is off the meds, and it is bad. So, I should know better. I don't want to be like that, ever. There is just some sort of mental block or mental issue I have with my medicine. Or, I am just mental! Anyway, I understand what you are going through. I tell my husband when I am in that "zone," that I just feel "bitey." I just feel like a grouchy old dog that will bite the next person that annoys me! (Not good when you are a teacher-5th graders are very annoying in the spring!) You are a great person and you will get through this and feel better again soon!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #329  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Hello all.....I've been soooooo busy this week! I see there are a lot of losses and some new people. Congrats on the great numbers and welcome newbies!!!

Donuts - I am proud of you. Good job on all the exercise and one-derland

As for me, I'm maintaining. No loss no gain. They want me to wait until next month and do another body comp after I get back from the trip home. Then maybe do stabilization. I'm scared. When I eat anything off plan I gain weight. I am going back home, not staying in a place that I can easily make my own food, and going to Graduations and confirmations, a going away party for a BIL that is being deployed and 2 birthday parties. All of these will have LOTS of food. Most are BBQ and mainly burgers with potato salad and other creamy sides. I know I have ideas on how to live thru it, but how do I live thru it and come back here showing a loss so that I can stabilize! When I come back I will only have 1 week left and all I was told last night is that I can sign up for some extra weeks if I need to. Why would I pay more money to reach a goal that isn't mine??? Maybe I'm worrying for nothing.
Jewelie...I dont' know why your center is being so hard on you...my center really left my final goal up to me. I also had a dr. appt today, and she is thrilled, at how far I have come. I asked her opinion as to what she thought wuold be a good final weight for me. She said somewhere between 150-165, to gauge it on where I am comfortable. My center said that I could begin stabilzation at 170, so presuming that I lose 6-10 pounds during stabilization, then I guess they have me targeted around what my dr. agrees with. I do understand that the centers feel that if you are not under a certain bf% then it will be harder to maintain a weight that is higher than our body should be. But, really in the end, it needs to be what you are comfortable with, something that you know that you can maintain, and be happy about. I think you should have a down right dirty conversation with whomever is your favorite counselor, and really get some anwers on why they are prolonging this for you. Good luck on the trip! I know you can do it!
Girl, I just realized that you are 5'9", what weight are they telling you that you need to be? I looked on a height/weight chart, and your high is 170, your target is 150, and your low is 129. If you go on stab. at 160 you will be right in your zone for your height/weight.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 05-08-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #330  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Hi all i am back from my meeting and i did ok i could have done ALOT better but i am ok with the choice i made i ate no bread no dessert and no soda just had some brisket and beans and an apple. I went and did my walk right after so that makes me feel a little better....But i feel very full and i am thinking of skipping dinner all together tonite does anyone have advice ? Is it ok to skip dinner you think? Should i still take all my supplements?
It's not officially on the menu, but my counselor once told me to have a meal replacement shake (not a bar) rather than skip.
Closed Thread