Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #16  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Running out of gas in your green mickey mouse pajamas that says happy holidays all over them, big red fuzzy house shoes, no bra, no makeup = the start of a crappy day. Sooooo going back to bed.
Oh my gosh.... My fear became your reality! I'm so sorry, but it is quite a visual! Laugh that one off and move on! You probably looked great!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #17  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I totally stole this off another thread but it's SO pertinent for us with our weigh-ins...

Remember - we use the number on the scale to measure our progress not because it is the most accurate, but because it is the most convenient.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #18  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Running out of gas in your green mickey mouse pajamas that says happy holidays all over them, big red fuzzy house shoes, no bra, no makeup = the start of a crappy day. Sooooo going back to bed.
Every time I go out of the house like that I worry I'll get pulled over, have an accident, run out of gas - sorry you had to live my nightmare!
The day can only get better, right? Especially if you're in bed!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #19  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
I would always take inches over weight loss on the scale. The weight on the scale could be water loss, muscle loss, or fat loss, but inches off always equals fat loss.

This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear this morning after WI and staying the same. I have had such a tough April with the scale numbers and it does get discouraging as I have been so faithfully OP. However, I need to remind myself of the 54 inches lost as of April 1 and not focus on that scale number.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #20  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Donuts. Thanks so much for the comment. I think we all KNOW we're not supposed to have sausage croissants and ice cream. Unfortunately we all don't do as well everyday as we should.

I thought this board was supportive and that's why I was spending so much time here. I'm having a hard time staying on track and I posted to say HI and ask about the enhancer, not get ridiculed for my bad choices.

So, if anyone has any HELPFUL information about an Enhancer they don't get from MRC, please let me know. I don't really think the sarcastic comments help too much, but I could be wrong.

***ETA*** I was NOT having a good moment earlier when I posted. However, I really was looking for help and I appreciate everyone's assistance here. I think in person things are said and understood better and we just laugh. However, when things are typed out in black and white and no ha-ha or silly comment after, it's hard to take when you're already down in the dumps on yourself. So, sorry if this came across snotty, but it's how I felt at the time.

Last edited by Rocki; 04-23-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 162/151/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Donuts. Thanks so much for the comment. I think we all KNOW we're not supposed to have sausage croissants and ice cream. Unfortunately we all don't do as well everyday as we should.

I thought this board was supportive and that's why I was spending so much time here. I'm having a hard time staying on track and I posted to say HI and ask about the enhancer, not get ridiculed for my bad choices.

So, if anyone has any HELPFUL information about an Enhancer they don't get from MRC, please let me know. I don't really think the sarcastic comments help too much, but I could be wrong.

I like the enhancer. It does help your metabolism out - however, not sure if I'd buy it from MRC. You can get it for less $22.95 (plus shipping) for 90 capsules from this website. diethighprotein (dot) com. It gives you energy - like drinking a cup or two of coffee probably.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:10 PM   #22  
This is the Last Time!

Thank you. That's what I was looking for. I know the MRC stuff is $75 or $99 (can't remember). How many pills do you take? I was taking 2 @ breakfast and 2 @ lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM2009 View Post
I like the enhancer. It does help your metabolism out - however, not sure if I'd buy it from MRC. You can get it for less $22.95 (plus shipping) for 90 capsules from this website. diethighprotein (dot) com. It gives you energy - like drinking a cup or two of coffee probably.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #23  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I had a very pleasing and satisfying meal today. Kinda feel like I cheated but i didn't. I made chili!!

I took a pound of buffalo and browned it, then just to be sure I rinsed it in hot water and drained it to get every bit of fat out I could just in case (if you don't season it yet then rinsing it will not wash away any flavor just fat. Then I threw it back in the pan and added about 3/4 pack of chili seasoning. I took a can of petite diced tomatoes (didn't have any fresh) and rinsed them very well as well to get off all the sodium I could then poured it in the pan, I added a little chopped green onion then I added around 1 cup of water, little sea salt, and let it simmer to reduce some of the water since I didn't add any thickner or sauce. While that was simmering I steamed some cauliflower in a bag until it was VERY soft, then gave it a squirt with ICBINB and chopped it up pretty good. I put the cauliflower in a bowl and topped it with the chili (made sure to get some of the juice to coat all the cauliflower) then a little bit of cheese on top. Ate it with a spoon. It was awesome!! I have missed that taste so much and using the cauliflower it reminded me of when I would have a baked potato and top it with chili (major chili lover). I am very full and it was so good. I have enough for almost 2 more servings. Think tomorrow I may throw in some pinto beans for supper. This will become a weekly meal now. I'll post this in recipes also. Yummo!!
3MM....I have a question for ya....are we supposed to use the chili seasonings like McCormick? I was told that they have way to much salt. Is that what you are using or have you mixed up your own?
Also...I can not find bison anywhere....couldn't you use ground turkey. I bought 97% FF. or 93% FF how does that compare to the bison?
Old 04-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 162/151/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Thank you. That's what I was looking for. I know the MRC stuff is $75 or $99 (can't remember). How many pills do you take? I was taking 2 @ breakfast and 2 @ lunch.
It depends - I also take ritalin - so I can't do alot with caffine - I typically start the day out with 1 at Breakfast, 1 at Lunch and if it's a workout day, 1 at 3 or 4PM. On the weekends I will take 1-2 with B/L, depending on how tired I am. I think MRC is $99 for 180 pills. I would order it online.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #25  
get it girl

S/C/G: 191.5/173.5/155

I had my pre-conditioning WI today and I am down 5 pounds over the last week. I feel like it's a great start and am really excited to officially get started on Friday!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #26  
This is the Last Time!

Congrats! 5 lbs is amazing! Great picture too! Have fun @ FI class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
I had my pre-conditioning WI today and I am down 5 pounds over the last week. I feel like it's a great start and am really excited to officially get started on Friday!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #27  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
Good Morning everyone...it's been a while since I posted and I haven't been able to catch up to everyone's posts. Congrats to all the losers!!!! I'll try to catch up on all the posts when I get a chance....

WI on Monday, down 1.5 pounds. Next WI is tomorrow...I'm getting awfully close to onederland!!!
Good luck getting to onederland! You are doing a great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
I also am reading "Chicken Soup for the Dieters Soul". I am really enjoying it.
I have a job interview today. I am nervous. I don't think I interview well! I ramble and talk too much about stuff I shouldn't because of the nerves! Wish me well! I hope you have a better OP day. Email me your thoughts about Friday for lunch!
I love Chicken Soup books. I'll have to look for that one! Good luck on your job interview!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
3MM....I have a question for ya....are we supposed to use the chili seasonings like McCormick? I was told that they have way to much salt. Is that what you are using or have you mixed up your own?
Also...I can not find bison anywhere....couldn't you use ground turkey. I bought 97% FF. or 93% FF how does that compare to the bison?
I use ground turkey for things like taco salad all the time. It should be fine!

From other post:
Alexiah: Welcome back. You can do it! We are here for you!

sunflrgrl1962: I know how stress can make you eat but you can overcome it. Keep your eyes on the goal you have set for yourself! I hope things get better!

losingforhealth: Goodness girl! I hope things get turned around for you. I'm thinking about you!

msgigi: I know how you feel. I weighed in last time in the a.m. and am going to weigh in this afternoon. I know I am going to show a gain so I am trying to prepare myself. I agree with whoever said don't mentally count the 1 pound until you get on the right schedule!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Sorry didn't see the new thread, copied my response to paste here.

Ms Gigi
When I weigh at noon I am always about 2 lbs higher than if I weigh at around 5:30 pm seems backwards but just goes to show our bodies do different thing through out the day. So I would mentally not count that pound until you can have a same time of day weight to compare it to.
I wondered about this. They have me meeting tonight at 5 to check my body fat % for stabilization. I normally wi at 9 in the morning so it made me nervous. You have helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Hi all! I posted on Monday after WI and I was upbeat and thought this would be a great week. How wrong I was. Monday after work I went shopping for a dress for my son's confirmation this Saturday. Stayed out to late and then went on a binge when I got home. Peanut butter, pringles, doritos and sugared cereal. Then I ate my op dinner. Today I got home late from work and had a smaller binge. Then I got mad at DH and proceeded to just eat sugared cereal non stop. The good thing is both times I felt sick afterwards. The bad is I did it twice and am feeling miserable about it. I have a lot of stress in my life right now that I have to work through and quit eating through it.
I'm sorry you are having a hard time. If you wrote down your reasons for getting to goal now is the time to review it - it will help you get back OP faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
DONUTS:

I have a couple of questions for you all...first what is GOJI? Second, I've seen mention of "free foods", such as egg whites? How does this work in to the overall scheme of things?
In main. they allow egg whites as a food you can have any time. I was told that I could add them now at any time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
Good Morning everyone...it's been a while since I posted and I haven't been able to catch up to everyone's posts. Congrats to all the losers!!!! I'll try to catch up on all the posts when I get a chance....

WI on Monday, down 1.5 pounds. Next WI is tomorrow...I'm getting awfully close to onederland!!!
Woo-hoo. One-der land here you come!

Quote:
I hate to laugh at your pain, but....I can totally see this happening to me. When I drive to my sisters (about 6 hours) I go in my PJ's and change at a gas station about 1/2 way. I do my hair and makeup tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Fortunately, the home scale was down this morning so hopefully my weigh in goes well. I brought shorts (that are super light) to wear instead of my work pants so hopefully there will be no stripping on the scale today to reach that 30 lb board.

Can't wait to hear if your wi yeild that 30 pound board for you!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:

Rocki - I don't think that it was meant mean. Many of us find that we take the enhancers to fight cravings, but we don't have the cravings if we stay OP. I know that we all have off days and cannot help it. For me if I cheat, I have cravings for about a week and it is really hard to stay OP.

As for supps. I didn't like MAC, but I took hoodia at MRC. This last batch I bought at Vitamin Cottage and see no difference in the effect (nice!) and I think I only paid about $25. I know you can find hoodia online too. Just make sure it is from a reputable vender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
CONGRATS!!!! 5# is amazing.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #30  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Quote:
Enhancer they don't get from MRC, please let me know.
First, I want to say.... I love the pic! You look great!

I don't know if you are interested in trying something different but we were a test center for a product called phetraslim. It worked really well, and was a thermogenic. You took one in the morning, and one in the afternoon (both a 1/2 hour before eating) and it was much less than the enhancer. You can buy it online if you search for it.

Finally, I personally don't think Donuts was trying to ridicule you and I'm sure he will clarify his intent the next time he's online.... speaking from my experience with Darren, I think he was just trying to lighten the mood and hopefully get a smile from you. I know it's difficult when you are feeling defeated to see anything as humorous, but we all have our own ways of trying to pull ourselves and others up.

Keep your head up!
Closed Thread