Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #61  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Jewel....WOW you look great and your sisters should be jealous, I am too.
But you have worked really hard and you should be proud.

I had WI on Friday, and I was down 3#s. that is really good, but I was a little disapointed. I'm at 171, and I really wanted to be in the 160's,but I'm averaging 2.5#s a week, so I will really celebrate when I get there. Maybe new earrings like everone else.
Hey three lbs is great!! The 160's are right round the corner and a reward is definatley in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
3MM: OMG! How frightening! I'm glad to hear she is okay and it wasn't any worse. I do the same thing - great in an emergency but they gotta watch me when it's all over! Nothing like mommy magic, huh?

I had a large burden removed last night. Well, you know about my cat drama (I promise this'll be the last you hear of it!). On Friday night, I finally got the nerve to check the shelter's website (DDFL for those CO folks) and there he was. OMG, did I cry, cry, cry! So I stopped and wrote him a letter of apology and included a prayer that his new family would stop in this weekend. Apparently my prayer was answered because he dropped off the site on Sunday (meaning he was adopted). I felt like I had lost another 50 pounds off my shoulders. Now if I can just manage a few real lbs. at my WI this a.m. I was feeling so down, I did a little minor sabotaging, so I'm not too hopeful but I'll let ya'll know later
Oh I'm so glad he was adopted! I know how much relief you must be feeling right now, he is getting all kinds of affection and attenion right now, he is on kitty cloud 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
I finally went to weigh in on Saturday,(first time in a week), and wouldn't you know it, I hit a plateau. But, that is better than gaining. several of you have mentioned self-sabotaging (sp), and I am so glad to hear that. I feel like that is what I have been doing, too. Oh, those few french fries off of the kiddo's plate won't hurt...or just one bite of mac&cheese. Why do we do this? Yesterday, we had a birthday party for my now-four-year-old, and my eating was WAY off plan. However, I am DETERMINED to jump right back on this week, and get myself off of this plateau. I know that I am going to need the encouragement of this board to keep me from falling into those temptations. HELP!
A few bumps in the road, don't feel guilty anymore about them just hop on board and begin again. I tell myself that I don't want the misery that follows what I put in my mouth, it tastes good all of 1 minute then I am depressed for a week. I have been having a scheduled "choice" once a week. After WI so I have time to get rid of it before next WI (I WI once a week) So far it has not hindered me but as soon as it does I'll stop. During the week I tell mysellf no I don't need that because I can have a treat on Friday. Since Easter I have been doing this. One day it was brownies, this past Friday it was strawberry shortcake. But I am an angel (as close as I can come anyway) during the rest of the week, this keeps me op. As soon as it hinders me I am done with the treats for awhile.
Quote:
3MM ~ I am glad that your daughter is okay. How scary! We haven't had to make an emergency room trip YET with our kiddo's, but I just know that our day is coming. You and she need to rest and "snuggle" today!

Bonnie ~ I am so glad that your burden has been lifted! What an answer to prayer.

Jewelie~ Oh my goodness! You look awesome and are such an inspiration to the rest of us "losers!" Keep it up!

Donuts ~ my, you look good in your avatar!

zachzmom ~ Zach is precious!

I had a small NSV today. My mom bought me a pair of capri's and cute top for my birthday last year (May). Unfortunately, I couldn't wear it; the pants wouldn't button and the shirt was tight. Guess what I am wearing today? You're right AND the pants are nearly too big! Woo Hoo! So, even though I am on a (bleep) plateau, I still feel encouraged.
Hey congrats on fitting in those clothes, I bet you look great, guess you have been losing inches without realizing it,
Old 04-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
Good morning...congrats to everyone who got their 5k in this morning. I like Angie, didn't have much get up and go this weekend. Kind of hung around the house and chilled. However....at WI this morning, I was down 1 pound, got to sign the 30 pound board...AND....I won another free week playing Deal or No Deal! WOOOHOOO!!! Oh...and, I am now transitioning to the green menu....thank god!!! I am sooooooooooooo sick of eating 6 oz of protein!

3mm...I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Jeweliek...you look fabulous!!!
Hey congrats on the 30 lb board!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemi13 View Post
So - let me ask a question. Can you actually get kicked out of MRC for not complying with the program?

UGH!

I swear - I'm going to get kicked out.
I don't think they will kick you out, laugh at you for wasting your money, but not kick you out lol, they are still making money off you!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #63  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Some good and bad news. Good first. I weigh less than my DH finally (even if its' only .5 lb). We use the same home scale so I know it's consistant.

Bad news, only lost .5 lb. I've been 100% op except for one minor transgression. I ate a small roll while out for dinner Saturday. I knew I should have eaten only 1/2 but I ate the whole thing. Do you think that could stall me that much. I was told that I should be losing at LEAST 3 pounds per week. Which means that I need to lose 1.5 pounds each time I wi.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #64  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
VERY COOL NSV for you. I have a similar story. Two years ago (before I got pg w/my second girl) I had bought some black, dressy capris @ the Limited. They never really fit great! I kept them hanging there b/c I knew I'd wear them someday. In February (about 3 weeks into MRC) I went to a conference and was going to wear the capris but it was a bit chilly. They fit great, however. Now, I went to wear them the other day and they're too big So..I never got to wear them.

Anyone need a nice pair of dressy, black capris (just below the knee) from The Limited in a size 10?
I took several pair of good slacks to the dressmaker. All she did was put a seam up the back right through the waistband down the butt and voila they fit.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #65  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemi13 View Post
So - let me ask a question. Can you actually get kicked out of MRC for not complying with the program?

UGH!

I swear - I'm going to get kicked out.
Nah, I think they like your money too much to kick you out. BTW, I LOVE your new avatar picture - you're so pretty!

Oh, almost forgot...I was down another 1.6 this morning. I'm only 5.4 away from the 50# board - gonna make it mine!!

Last edited by bomaze; 04-14-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Runner's Roost in Fort Collins should have a lot of running group info for ya.

Thanks for starting the new thread. I will be maintaining with you soon, and still want to do the Father's Day 5K in Estes Park with our Colorado group!

BTW, when I was really fit in the Air Force, I use to run 3 to 5 miles everyday and 12 miles straight every weekend. I will be trying that out again soon!!
No food high even comes close to a runners high.
I will look into Runner's Roost. I too am excited about the run at Estes Park.

Estes Park Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K
15 June 2008 (Estes Park, CO) - 7:00 AM
The Estes Park Marathon is the highest paved marathon in the world and one of the most scenic. Our USATF certified course takes you on a spirit-soaring tour of the majestic Estes Valley, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. 7-hour time limit! We're walker-friendly.

http://www.epmarathon.org/
here is the web address and it is ONLY $10 to register!!!!
I cannot wait to see all that will join in

Quote:
Wow, Jewelie! Your pictures really are amazing. Thank you for sharing them with us!
Thank you to everyone that had such nice things to say about my pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I got a phone call from my teenage son that my 8 yr old daughter had sliced her wrist open and it was bleeding profusley, he was frantic. We literally flew home, running stop signs, I think we were air born a time or two.
OMG....I am so happy that she is alright. How scary!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
I had WI on Friday, and I was down 3#s. that is really good, but I was a little disapointed. I'm at 171, and I really wanted to be in the 160's,but I'm averaging 2.5#s a week, so I will really celebrate when I get there. Maybe new earrings like everone else.
WOO-HOO 3# gone forever.

Quote:
I had a large burden removed last night. Well, you know about my cat drama (I promise this'll be the last you hear of it!). On Friday night, I finally got the nerve to check the shelter's website (DDFL for those CO folks) and there he was. OMG, did I cry, cry, cry! So I stopped and wrote him a letter of apology and included a prayer that his new family would stop in this weekend. Apparently my prayer was answered because he dropped off the site on Sunday (meaning he was adopted). I felt like I had lost another 50 pounds off my shoulders. Now if I can just manage a few real lbs. at my WI this a.m. I was feeling so down, I did a little minor sabotaging, so I'm not too hopeful but I'll let ya'll know later
I'm so glad that the kitten is doing well. Glad it got adopted!!!

Quote:
I finally went to weigh in on Saturday,(first time in a week), and wouldn't you know it, I hit a plateau. But, that is better than gaining. several of you have mentioned self-sabotaging (sp), and I am so glad to hear that. I feel like that is what I have been doing, too. Oh, those few french fries off of the kiddo's plate won't hurt...or just one bite of mac&cheese. Why do we do this? Yesterday, we had a birthday party for my now-four-year-old, and my eating was WAY off plan. However, I am DETERMINED to jump right back on this week, and get myself off of this plateau. I know that I am going to need the encouragement of this board to keep me from falling into those temptations. HELP!
Just read thru your reasons to get to goal and remember why you are doing this.

Quote:
I had a small NSV today. My mom bought me a pair of capri's and cute top for my birthday last year (May). Unfortunately, I couldn't wear it; the pants wouldn't button and the shirt was tight. Guess what I am wearing today? You're right AND the pants are nearly too big! Woo Hoo! So, even though I am on a (bleep) plateau, I still feel encouraged.
Gotta love those little victories!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #67  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Do any of you use the low sodium seasonings like low sodium taco seasonings or chili seasonings? I called my center and they said you can if they are very low sodium. The counselor couldn't remember what kind we are allowed. What kind do you use if any? I ended up getting the old el paso low sodium kind but it still has 330 mg per serving. Should I just leave that alone?
Old 04-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #68  
Ms. Jennifer

And I gotta know, What does NSV stand for?
Old 04-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Do any of you use the low sodium seasonings like low sodium taco seasonings or chili seasonings? I called my center and they said you can if they are very low sodium. The counselor couldn't remember what kind we are allowed. What kind do you use if any? I ended up getting the old el paso low sodium kind but it still has 330 mg per serving. Should I just leave that alone?
I use taco seasoning all the time in buffalo, but i only use like half the package. I think since being on such a restrictive diet my taste buds pick up more tastes so I can use less seasoning. I do usually add extra ground cumin to the taco meat and only half the pack of taco seasoning.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
And I gotta know, What does NSV stand for?
I just asked and was told Non Scale Victory.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #71  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
How old are your kids? Maybe we could meet in Joplin on a Saturday afternoon.
Kids are 14, 11, 7, 8 (youngest 3 are boys). I work every Sat. until 1ish. But, maybe some weekend when I have off for vacation...!!!!???

Quote:
Crystal maybe there is a place online to find buffalo, I saw a commercial on TV the other day first time ever I have seen it that advertised for mail order buffalo. If you can find buffalo your whole world will change, lol. It tastes like beef. The steaks are pricy but the ground buffalo at Market Street here is only 4.99 a pound and I am the only one who eats it mostly. I feed the rest of my family beef. I'll look online and see what I can find.
I had buffalo when I was a kid and we'd go to market to sell our cattle & pigs. I remember how good it was. I'll check out your links - thanks for finding them for me.

WOW Jewelie! Your before & afters are AMAZING! God I wish I could be like you.

Went to WI today. Up a pound. I just cried all the way home. TOM doesn't help, I know, But geez....!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #72  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
Went to WI today. Up a pound. I just cried all the way home. TOM doesn't help, I know, But geez....!!!
I know you're disappointed. Is your center giving you any direction as to why. It seems to me this is where their "expertise" should come in. I know it's easy to say...hang in there!

Quote:
I have to admit I've used the low sodium el Paso with ground turkey. I honestly don't know how much sodium is good or bad. It sure was good though
Old 04-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #73  
Ms. Jennifer

Quote:
I use taco seasoning all the time in buffalo, but i only use like half the package. I think since being on such a restrictive diet my taste buds pick up more tastes so I can use less seasoning. I do usually add extra ground cumin to the taco meat and only half the pack of taco seasoning.
Thank you! Next time I will use only half. I did the whole thing this time. I hope it doesn't mess me up too bad. Those tacos sure were good though!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Our Center Says Kroger's Low Sodium is OP, they said another too, but I can't remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post

Thank you for the compliment.

Have you talked to your center. I think this is where I would demand more time and sit down and say....."what can I do?", "what do you recommend?", "is there something I should try?" Make sure they are living up to their side of the bargin and giving you the support that you are paying for! At our center, you can call in and make an appointment if you have many questions or want to talk to someone in particular....is this possible for you? Hold in there, I know brighter days are ahead!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #75  
Ms. Jennifer

[QUOTE=blueyedangel;2150656]Kids are 14, 11, 7, 8 (youngest 3 are boys). I work every Sat. until 1ish. But, maybe some weekend when I have off for vacation...!!!!???

I had buffalo when I was a kid and we'd go to market to sell our cattle & pigs. I remember how good it was. I'll check out your links - thanks for finding them for me.

Went to WI today. Up a pound. I just cried all the way home. TOM doesn't help, I know, But geez....!!![/QUOTE]

Hey Blueeyedangel! Don't be sad! It'll come right back off. I'm sure TOM is the culprit here. Just keep going girl. Let me make you feel better. My diet challenged behind bought some stuff from mydietshopz, one of which was the wildberry. Well I'm doing meta quick for 3 days so I've been doing the shakes and what I thought was a regular clear HNS. Long story short, 4 wildberries later I notice the word meal replacement on the box. So my silly but has been drinking all meal replacement shakes the past 2 days along with my regular dinner. I'll be joining you probably at my WI on Wednesday, and it's my own fault...LOL. So see, at least you didn't do it to yourself!!! Gotta have some humor in this thing!!!

Last edited by exsquisit; 04-14-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: wrong quote
Closed Thread