Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:04 PM   #16  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Thank you EVERYONE for all the meal ideas. For lunch I had chicken cole slaw (chopped up purple cabbage and slaw mix and added apple cider vinegar, light mayo, splenda and dijonaisse). It was okay, but not as good as the first few times. That's my problem, I find something I like and it grows old fast. I made the rest of my ground bison into taco meat and froze two portions so I'll have a "quick" lunch or dinner by just thawing the meat. That I really liked last time but the leftovers sat for days and ended up getting thrown out. I really have a hard time with salads (no matter how much I weight it down). It's easier for me to just eat 4oz of cooked broccoli and be done with it. I do like a "chef salad" w/low sodium turkey and a bit of cheese, lots of cukes, mushrooms and tomatoes. I'll have to do that again in the next few days.

Jewelie..Congrats on the 5K. I did 2 miles @ the gym yesterday but didn't make it today so I didn't even get my 3.1 miles in. How do you do breaded meats? Do you buy lowfat, or do you "bread" them yourself? If you bread them how do you do it?

Crystal..4 Kids! OMG! I'm going insane with my TWO girls lately! Sorry for the stalling scale, I know how frustrating that can be. Good luck this week.

I'm tired and have to get my Ebay stuff packed up for shipment (I sold a bunch of Pampered Chef stuff that had been sitting here for a while).

I'll "see" you all in the AM. I plan on weighing on my home scale to see whether I should even bother to go to MRC. I don't want to go just to see the scale back below 20lbs again. The only reason I want to go is b/c if I lose there's some big contest going on. No sense in WI if I've gained. Then I'll have wasted time and won nothing other than aggravation!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I got brave....if you click on my profile you will see me at my heaviest in the before. It was about 230#. I had lost a bit before trying MRC. Then the new avatar and the current image are from today. Hope you like.

I am a work in progress. I cannot wait to hit goal and start stabilization. I really want to up my exercise and next year I want to do a half marathon.
You look great. You are an inspiration to all of us.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #18  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
I got brave....if you click on my profile you will see me at my heaviest in the before. It was about 230#. I had lost a bit before trying MRC. Then the new avatar and the current image are from today. Hope you like.

I am a work in progress. I cannot wait to hit goal and start stabilization. I really want to up my exercise and next year I want to do a half mara thon.
Wow! You look great! I love to see the transformations! I hope you hit goal soon! I like your goal of a half marathon. I ran a half marathon about 4 years ago. It was a test of endurance for me. I really had to work hard and stay dedicated to train. I highly reccomend finding a running group or partner to train with. I haven't been out running in a while. It was love/hate relationship for me! I didn't enjoy the runs but I loved how I felt afterward! I know you can do it. Your dedication to getting healthy is awesome!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
Redgirl - That'd be fun! I just work all the freakin time! LOL And, hubby may be going to nights, so with 4 kids it might get tricky. Will see what might work out tho! :-)
How old are your kids? Maybe we could meet in Joplin on a Saturday afternoon.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:37 PM   #20  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hello Ladies and Donuts,
I took it upon myself to start a new thread. It was soooooo long with the other one.

I forgot to report here that I did my 5K on Saturday (it was so windy that it took my breath away) and finished in 35 min and 52 sec!!!!
My goodness you did it in half the time we did, took us about an hour. I love your new pic you are so skinny, you look awesome!! I bet you run circles around most people, lol.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:42 PM   #21  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Talking Pics

Quote:

I am a work in progress. I cannot wait to hit goal and start stabilization. I really want to up my exercise and next year I want to do a half marathon.
Jeweliek,
you look great! No wonder your sisters are jealous - keep up the great work and you'll be on maintenance in no time!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:57 PM   #22  

Jewelik I just saw your before photo, my goodness a world of difference. You have so much to be proud of, so you have really lost like 64 lbs. I would sooo put that on my signature and show off every single pound, none of it was easy.

I forgot to add to the menu earlier grilled cheese sandwich, at breakfast. This is what I had today, chicken cube steak (its like how they do cube steak but with chicken all flat and hammered lol) I put some garlic flavored melba toast in the food processor and added garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, pepper and ground it up, then I ran the chicken under water for a sec the coated it with the melba crumbs and sprinkled it with some "chicken seasoning Mrs Dash" and fried it in a skillet with a little evoo, after it was done I put a slice on muenster cheese on top and let it get all melty, I had spinach with it. I don't eat alot of chicken, I get tired of it quick and it is always so dry unless you cook a whole chicken but this was pretty good, it had some crunch and the cheese really added to it.

Crystal maybe there is a place online to find buffalo, I saw a commercial on TV the other day first time ever I have seen it that advertised for mail order buffalo. If you can find buffalo your whole world will change, lol. It tastes like beef. The steaks are pricy but the ground buffalo at Market Street here is only 4.99 a pound and I am the only one who eats it mostly. I feed the rest of my family beef. I'll look online and see what I can find.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:10 AM   #23  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Couple of things from the last thread...

[QUOTE=Finz;2148545]Meemo: Thanks for posting the Chicken Saagwala recipe. Looks interesting. BTW, do you know that there is a fairly new Indian restaurant that opened in FWB?

No - more info please! We were so disappointed when Nim's in Destin closed! (I heard there's a new Greek place in Shalimar too but haven't looked for it yet.)

Quote:
One time a week you can have both. Just have 1/4 serving of cheese and 3/4 serving of the protein you want with it. (or 1/2 and 1/2 if you want) Just watch that you only do this once a week.
I never heard the no more than once a week rule. I frequently had half a serving of cheese & half a serving of eggs for breakfast. Interesting. Wonder if it's a new rule?

Last edited by Meemo; 04-14-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #24  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hello Ladies and Donuts,
I took it upon myself to start a new thread. It was soooooo long with the other one.

I forgot to report here that I did my 5K on Saturday (it was so windy that it took my breath away) and finished in 35 min and 52 sec!!!!
Love your new pic!
I did my second 5K today - DH joined me this time.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:21 AM   #25  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Golly bum! It just took me almost an hour to read through the old thread and get caught up on this one. You guys have been chatty!!!!

Julie - HOT MOMMA! You look great! Totally an inspiration!

Rocki - Woohoo on the 20 lb board! Hopefully you'll see a loss in the morning and you can go weigh in to participate in the contest. (I wish my center had more contests).

Red - Yay on the 10 lb board! Keep up the awesome work!

Crap. There's more but I've already forgotten. I know there were some great losses this week. Everyone rocks and I am so proud of all of us!!!

As for me... I've been a little into the self sabotage myself. I keep having these little "moments" where I have something off plan. Or I eat things out of order. Yesterday, I was just in a funk (literally stayed in my pj's all day long) and didn't feel like doing or eating much. I had a meal replacement bar with an HNS for breakfast. Then I napped a lot. For dinner, I baked some french fries I have had in the freezer forever and made a smoothie with my vanilla HNS and some frozen fruit. (It was freakin' awesome, btw)

Today, I had a meal replacement bar and another fruit smoothie for breakfast and then Arby's for dinner. The turkey wrap with some of the fries (only ate about 1/2 of them).

Most of my problem was because I haven't been to the grocery store all week and I was out of my fall back foods (easy veggies and chicken). Plus I'm just getting so sick of cooking. I hate cooking. I hate cleaning up even more. But I know it's the right thing and something I have got to do so I'm back on track.

I went to the store tonight and stocked up on the things I know will help keep me focused. I'm about to go make up some of the cottage cheese/lemon pudding HNS so I can have something to "grab and go" for breakfast tomorrow.

Oh, NSV today... I bought these two shirts at Goody's last year (just nice v-neck t-shirts) and when I got home, they were WAY too tight to wear out in public. I tried one of them one a couple of weeks ago and it definitely fit better but was still a little too tight. Well, I am wearing that shirt with PRIDE today! It is not tight at all and looks awesome on me (if I do say so myself... and I do). I might wear the other one to work tomorrow with my khaki pants.

I know I always say it, but I will try much harder to keep caught up with you all this week! I'm going to weigh in tomorrow so will try to come back and update after I'm done. Good luck to everyone that weighs in tomorrow!!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:33 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Jewelik I just saw your before photo, my goodness a world of difference. You have so much to be proud of, so you have really lost like 64 lbs. I would sooo put that on my signature and show off every single pound, none of it was easy.

I forgot to add to the menu earlier grilled cheese sandwich, at breakfast. This is what I had today, chicken cube steak (its like how they do cube steak but with chicken all flat and hammered lol) I put some garlic flavored melba toast in the food processor and added garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, pepper and ground it up, then I ran the chicken under water for a sec the coated it with the melba crumbs and sprinkled it with some "chicken seasoning Mrs Dash" and fried it in a skillet with a little evoo, after it was done I put a slice on muenster cheese on top and let it get all melty, I had spinach with it. I don't eat alot of chicken, I get tired of it quick and it is always so dry unless you cook a whole chicken but this was pretty good, it had some crunch and the cheese really added to it.

Crystal maybe there is a place online to find buffalo, I saw a commercial on TV the other day first time ever I have seen it that advertised for mail order buffalo. If you can find buffalo your whole world will change, lol. It tastes like beef. The steaks are pricy but the ground buffalo at Market Street here is only 4.99 a pound and I am the only one who eats it mostly. I feed the rest of my family beef. I'll look online and see what I can find.
Thank you to everyone that complimented me on my new pic!!!

Crystal may want to contact Anderson Farms. They are the people that come here and sell their bison. Ground is only $4/pound. He is from Towner, ND. I grew up not far from there. I really think their family is AWESOME. I bet he would be willing to ship some out.

anyway email him at [email protected]

I hope this works for you!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:40 AM   #27  

Default Buffalo/Bison links

Here are a few links I found online to buy buffalo/bison

http://www.elkusa.com/buffalo_meat_for_sale.html

http://www.grassfedtraditions.com/gr...FQTWsgodwgq3_g

http://www.jhbuffalomeat.com/buffalo.php

I don't know which has the best deal or shipping etc.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:40 AM   #28  

[QUOTE=Meemo;2149297]Couple of things from the last thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Meemo: Thanks for posting the Chicken Saagwala recipe. Looks interesting. BTW, do you know that there is a fairly new Indian restaurant that opened in FWB?

No - more info please! We were so disappointed when Nim's in Destin closed! (I heard there's a new Greek place in Shalimar too but haven't looked for it yet.)

I never heard the no more than once a week rule. I frequently had half a serving of cheese & half a serving of eggs for breakfast. Interesting. Wonder if it's a new rule?

Meemo....you can do eggs and cheese. That is an option in Group 1, but you cannot combine cheese with group 2 or 3 proteins more than once a week. At least that is what we are told here. LOL
Old 04-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Love your new pic!
I did my second 5K today - DH joined me this time.
Thank you! Good job on doing the 5k. My husband and I walked it just a bit ago tonight. It was soooo nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Golly bum! It just took me almost an hour to read through the old thread and get caught up on this one. You guys have been chatty!!!!

Julie - HOT MOMMA! You look great! Totally an inspiration!

As for me... I've been a little into the self sabotage myself. I keep having these little "moments" where I have something off plan. Or I eat things out of order. Yesterday, I was just in a funk (literally stayed in my pj's all day long) and didn't feel like doing or eating much. I had a meal replacement bar with an HNS for breakfast. Then I napped a lot. For dinner, I baked some french fries I have had in the freezer forever and made a smoothie with my vanilla HNS and some frozen fruit. (It was freakin' awesome, btw)

Oh, NSV today... I bought these two shirts at Goody's last year (just nice v-neck t-shirts) and when I got home, they were WAY too tight to wear out in public. I tried one of them one a couple of weeks ago and it definitely fit better but was still a little too tight. Well, I am wearing that shirt with PRIDE today! It is not tight at all and looks awesome on me (if I do say so myself... and I do). I might wear the other one to work tomorrow with my khaki pants.

I know I always say it, but I will try much harder to keep caught up with you all this week! I'm going to weigh in tomorrow so will try to come back and update after I'm done. Good luck to everyone that weighs in tomorrow!!
Thank you for the compliment

You will get back on track. I did have a weak moment last night when everyone went to DQ! but, we all go right back into it.
Good job on the shirts, see that is the inspiration to get back OP and continue forward!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 01:12 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Jewelie..Congrats on the 5K. I did 2 miles @ the gym yesterday but didn't make it today so I didn't even get my 3.1 miles in. How do you do breaded meats? Do you buy lowfat, or do you "bread" them yourself? If you bread them how do you do it?
About breading meats......I love to bread chicken and cod.
Anyway, I grind up melba toast in a blender then add seasoning to it.
Place this mix in a zip top baggie

You can either slightly dampen the meat or dredge in egg whites and then into the melba toast mix. Place on a wire rack that is on a cookie sheet. Spray with Pam and bake.

To make it a bit crunchier you can use 1/2 melba and 1/2 of your tortilla shell that has been coarsely ground in a food processor. I do this with my chicken nuggets. The boys like mine so much that they get upset when I buy the premade.

You can freeze your nuggets too. Place on a cookie sheet in the freeze until frozen and then transfer to a zip top freezer bag. Pull out as needed.
Closed Thread