Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #31  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

3mm: Thanks for the info on the sea salt. It was interesting.

Rocki: Your children are adorable. They grow up fast so cherish each day with them. My youngest daughter just turned 14 and my DH and I cannot believe it!

Congrats on all the losses this week. Ya'll have done a great job!

I have had a few struggles lately. Having to eat out, DD birthday, etc. I haven't made the best choices but hope to get back on the "wagon" even though it is Spring Break. I have even had some cravings lately. I've never really had problems with that before. I'm, like, what's up with that?

I finally had enough courage to post a picture. I am very hesitant because you all are so cute and spunky looking.

Anyway...good luck this week with the losing!

AR people: I love it that ya'll are making a "real live" connection from this site. That is awesome...ya'll have fun!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #32  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
3mm: Thanks for the info on the sea salt. It was interesting.

Rocki: Your children are adorable. They grow up fast so cherish each day with them. My youngest daughter just turned 14 and my DH and I cannot believe it!

Congrats on all the losses this week. Ya'll have done a great job!

I have had a few struggles lately. Having to eat out, DD birthday, etc. I haven't made the best choices but hope to get back on the "wagon" even though it is Spring Break. I have even had some cravings lately. I've never really had problems with that before. I'm, like, what's up with that?

I finally had enough courage to post a picture. I am very hesitant because you all are so cute and spunky looking.

Anyway...good luck this week with the losing!

AR people: I love it that ya'll are making a "real live" connection from this site. That is awesome...ya'll have fun!!!
I like your pic thanks for posting it. Wow you are little. Can't wait till I'm that little! Oh and you definatley look like you are the bearer of some spunk yourself.

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 04-05-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #33  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by singalong View Post
Did anyone get the book 101 days of weightloss. I have been trying to use it. They gave copies away at our center. It is set up with a lesson for each day. I think it is kind of motivating. I also picked up some Ketone strips because I go to the center at night mostly. I have been checking for ketosis every morning. It is kind of motivating to see the result. I think it will help to see what foods throw me out. Well, good luck to everyone on the list. You all sound like you are all doing marvelous. Lets all keep up the good work! Stabalization is closer than we all think!!!!!
Yes! I have the book. I also have her other book "Life is hard, food is easy". That one is really good also. They both are great. I don't know what center in Colorado you go to, but I go to the Greeley center and we are actually starting a book club (gosh, I'll have to double check when but I think it's monday) on 101 days to weight loss. I think it's going to be a wonderful class.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #34  
Denise

Quote:
I just wanted to tell you, that you look FABULOUS!!! You are so cute! Thank you for posting. I'll get there one day. Yesterday they gave me a copy of my 354lb self and it was scary. Unfortunately, 80lbs later it's still difficult (for me) to see the smaller me but I'm working on that!
Old 04-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #35  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I like your pic thanks for posting it. Wow you are little. Can't wait till I'm that little! Oh and you definatley look like you are the bearer of some spunk yourself.
3MM: I love the pic you posted! You are such a HOTTIE!!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #36  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

That is AWESOME!

Quote:
*Nickie walks on the board doing the funky chicken dance*

WI today, and lost 3.5 lbs!! and with TOM. They measured me and I lost 13 inches. That makes 14lbs in a month!! Oh I'm excited. We went straight from there to Kohl's where I bought the cutest pair of ginormous silver earrings and a gorgeous silver and turquoise bracelet (they were on sale) to reward myself. Think I will do that every 10 pounds from now on. I set a $10.00 limit. 10 for 10 sounds fair to me.

Oh yeah Rocki your kids are gorgeous!
Old 04-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #37  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

MsTeacher: Congrats on your loss.!

3mm: way to go on your 3.5 pounds. Thanks for the sea salt info. I've always wondered what the difference was.

Angierue: Awesome that you lost even in jeans. That's a goal of mine.

Bomaze: Good job staying OP at your sister's. It's hard sometimes when you are away like that.

Congrats to all losers this week.and a big welcome to everyone new. It's so cool how some of you have found buddies and made friends. That's always a big help. I love seeing everyone's faces in their avatars.

I posted in the other thread (til I realized you guys had moved on) that I lost 1.5 more today, so 3 for this week. We're getting there.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #38  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Hey guys....Could anyone give me memo's recipe for the homemade MRS?
My mother in law wants to try to follow the diet without going to the center. I can't remember how to make it. HELP
Old 04-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #39  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Unfortunately, 80lbs later it's still difficult (for me) to see the smaller me but I'm working on that!
I know just what you mean! The inches lost didn't do it for me either. I highly recommend keeping the outfit that you wore in the before pictures (and getting ready of everything else!). I took mine in a few weeks ago for them to take midpoint pictures and it was truly the first time I "saw" the loss. I just didn't get it all the way to my brain until then!

Quote:
Hey guys....Could anyone give me memo's recipe for the homemade MRS? My mother in law wants to try to follow the diet without going to the center. I can't remember how to make it. HELP
Use a non-sweetened whey protein with a sugar-free mix-in for a combined protein, sugar, calorie and fat count as close as possible to our HNS. I liked half a scoop of Whey Protein Isolate mixed with a serving of Crystal Light or KoolAid powder with some Splenda. For a creamy, do the protein with the 25 calorie hot cocoa mix.

Last edited by bomaze; 04-05-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 195/145/128

Height: 5/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Yes! I have the book. I also have her other book "Life is hard, food is easy". That one is really good also. They both are great. I don't know what center in Colorado you go to, but I go to the Greeley center and we are actually starting a book club (gosh, I'll have to double check when but I think it's monday) on 101 days to weight loss. I think it's going to be a wonderful class.
I go to the Fort Collins one. Let me know how the book club goes. Maybe I could suggest we start one at our center.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #41  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Quote:
WI today, and lost 3.5 lbs!! and with TOM. They measured me and I lost 13 inches. That makes 14lbs in a month!!
Yay! That is awesome!! What a great weigh in! And 13 inches! That's just stellar! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
Well off to my big challenge-Las Vegas for 3 days. I will stay op for food, but I've made the "choice" to have some adult beverages while I'm there.
Good luck!!! I was in Vegas for 4 days the middle of March. I did HORRIBLE and gained 6 lbs but I lost 5.5 of it that very next week. I just didn't do anything I was supposed. I think my only veggies were on the burgers or sandwiches I ate. And I drank a LOT (actually, my avatar picture is a "drunk Vegas" self portrait). I bet you have way more willpower than I did, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Well, I think we were both suprised to see that I had lost 1.5 pounds! That puts me at 25 pounds, which is my half-way mark! WOO-HOO! I am so excited and so motivated to keep this up!
Kick butt! That's awesome, especially with the meds you were on! Just wait, next week will be even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mireland View Post
Thanks guys for the suggestions about the water! I will try. I am doing good I just try to tell myself that I have to drink 4 bottles... the 4 sounds better than 64!
Try getting a 1 liter bottle (32 oz). Then you only have to drink two!

As for your stomach issues... Have you had your gallbladder checked? Where exactly is the pain? It is higher up, like under your boobs or lower, like below your waistband? Fatty foods can really affect gallstones and with a reaction like that, it makes me wonder if that might be part of the problem. Might just want to have it checked out if it keeps up.

Good job on those 3 lbs down, though! That alone is reason enough to get your butt to the grocery store and get stocked up on your menu items!
Old 04-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 195/145/128

Height: 5/3

I just went through my closet and took out everything that is too big for me. I am not at my goal yet so I will not be purchasing anything new, but it felt goos. I only have a few things left, but at least now I look like I care about myself. I figured I could keep some of the close for when I get pregnant.
PS havn't been to the gym in a while. Anyone have some motivation! (for tomorrow) (ugh what a bad attitude)
Old 04-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #43  
Chillin' like a villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Can anyone give me a heads up about the classes? They haven't mentioned them to me in the three weeks I've been going but I keep reading about them here. Are they a requirement to stay OP? If so, how many a month?

Thanks.
My center is severely understaffed (sometimes there's just one person working when I go in) and the only class they do weekly is the Food Instruction. I've been talking to them and asking about the Finding the Connection and Self Esteem classes though. I told the center manager that I really think we need to try and get those going.

I'm actually at a place in my weight loss where I usually start to fail. I'll lose 10-20 lbs and then start taking more and more "little cheats" and before I know it, it's been a week since I was on plan. Then two weeks. Then three...

I really feel like the classes might help with that so I'd like the center to start them back again. Hopefully soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
Hey all. I WI tonight and was down 2. I was happy about that, since I normally weigh in on Saturday AM. SO close to Onederland...but not quite!
"Weigh" to go! That's awesome!
Old 04-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #44  
Chillin' like a villian

Quote:

I'm right there with ya. I've had a lot of "excuses" for going off plan the last couple of weeks. Pretty much since I went to Vegas. And honestly, I am TIRED of cooking. I try to make sure I have leftovers for at least one or two meals but it's still a struggle to get in the kitchen and get it all ready. I've been getting a lot of salads from places but I know I'm not getting all the veggies so I need to stop that.

That's a great picture! You're adorable. Thanks for sharing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Yesterday they gave me a copy of my 354lb self and it was scary. Unfortunately, 80lbs later it's still difficult (for me) to see the smaller me but I'm working on that!
Yep, that's me. Not seeing the changes in myself yet. As of this morning, I am down 30.2 lbs since January 2nd (have my MRC starting weigh in ticker, not my "real" starting weight). I'm constantly pulling up my jeans but I'm actually scared to go try on a smaller size because I keep thinking, "Well, I was just wearing these too tight and this is how they are supposed to fit." I was even going to go and see about getting a new pair of jeans this afternoon but talked myself out of it because I didn't want to buy another size 28 (which is what I keep having to pull up). I can see it on the scale and I can sometimes feel it in my clothes but it hasn't completely sunken in yet that I'm actually getting smaller, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
I posted in the other thread (til I realized you guys had moved on) that I lost 1.5 more today, so 3 for this week. We're getting there.
Yay! Great job on the 3 lbs this week!
Old 04-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #45  
Chillin' like a villian

Ok, I think I have finally caught up a little with you all! You all are a big ol' bunch of talkers, that's for darn sure!!

I just had to share this NSV that I had today... I helped my office with an area wide clean up campaign this morning. We picked up trash in a location here in town and then we all met up at this park afterward where they grilled up hot dogs and fed us for lunch. As I'm walking up, I see this friend of mine that I haven't seen in a while. She comes and gives me a big hug and then says, "Are you losing weight??" I told her yes and that I had lost 30 lbs since the beginning of the year. She said that she could totally tell when I was walking up.

That made me feel so freakin' awesome. I mean, some people at work have commented on it but most of them see me every day and know I'm dieting and of course, I always come back from weigh ins talking about how much I've lost so I don't know how much of that is "real" and how much is just to make me feel good. But this was someone that I hadn't seen a while so it just made it feel all that much more "real". Hopefully it will go a long way in helping me with my self image because I am still not seeing the loss myself yet.

I'm going to be the DD for a bachelorette party tonight. I mostly volunteered for it so that I would not be tempted to drink. Now I don't have to use the, "I'm on a diet" reason for not drinking. I'm being the responsible one.
Closed Thread