Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #46  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Angierue - Nice to be able to put your pretty face with the posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Crystal..Congrats on the 1.5lbs! YAY for you.

TOM and WI tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll have lost a pound or at the worst stayed the same I'll go @ 9am right when they open.
Thank you Rocki. It's a little past 9... Just had you on my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
HURRAY!!!! Is that 3 fistfuls of fat?!?!
I KNOW! Gross, huh!?

Last edited by blueyedangel; 03-27-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 149/133/127

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Holy Cow this board really moves fast!!!!

Jewelie Take care of yourself!
Congrats to everyone who lost.

Okay.......I went to WI for the first time today and I am not believing this BUT.... I lost 8.2 lbs in 4 days. I told my consultant that I thought her scale was broken! LOL I don't really feel like I have lost that much, but I am soooooo happy!!!!!
That's wonderful! Doesn't it make you want to go out and celebrate with a big glass of water or perhaps a HNS!!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #48  
Crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Oh! Oh! Oh! Almost forgot!!! NSV today! I bought this shirt about 4 months ago and didn't try it on until I got home. It was way too tight to wear comfortably. Well guess what shirt I am wearing today??? That's right! It fit perfectly! I was so happy and everyone kept asking me if I bought a new outfit. (I wear the same crap every week because I refused to go up a size before joining MRC) I also tried on a couple of other shirts last night that I had bought w/out trying out and didn't fit when I got home and they are sooooo close to fitting. I think just a couple more weeks and I'll be in them. Woohoo!
Isn't that the most amazing part! Those little personal suprises...NSV's! It's like, Yes I know I'm losing weight, & yes I know I'm losing inches...but somehow the way clothes fit better, looser, etc. just brings it all home and makes it real!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:36 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Blueyedangel - Congrats on the 1.5 lbs! Woohoo!

I get that way too! I have about 4-5 liters a day (carry around a 32 oz Nalgene bottle CONSTANTLY. Seems like the more I drink, the more I want. I just LOVE water these days!

As for the weighing in... Considering all you had in your pockets and it being end of the day, I definitely wouldn't be concerned about that little gain. I bet you see a HUGE drop on Saturday. I think you're new schedule will probably help out a lot too. I need to start going on Saturdays before breakfast but I have to start staying in town on weekends first!!!

Heck yeah it is! That is just awesome. It's almost TWO WHOLE FEET!!!

Yes, it does! I feel like I can NEVER keep caught up with everyone!!

What a great weigh in!!! I remember feeling exactly the same way my first couple of weeks. I literally lost 11 lbs in 11 days. It's slowed down for me but I know that is because of all the "extra" stuff I've been eating. I spent 4 days in Vegas and ate horribly then this past weekend in Austin (where I drank although I did pretty well on my food). Thankfully no trips for a while so I can focus and get back to dropping the weight!
What a great picture, beautiful you!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:41 AM   #50  
Crystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Thank you everyone that told me to take care, I will. It will be OK, I just tend to get really nervous. They say I should be good to go in a couple days!
Nervous is normal... Let us know how your doing. Since you're outpatient...it sounds like a simple procedure...but I'd be scared anyway, too. A routine procedure to a doctor is NOT routine to us... Come back when you feel better...you'll be in our thoughts/prayers.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I normally drink about 4.5 - 5 L each day as well. I carry a 1L jug with 5 rubber bands on it. I move them from the bottom to the top for each liter I drink so I can keep count.

I think that when I gave up other liquids water just replaced them all. I also exercise ALOT and need it.
That's a great idea about the rubber bands. May I borrow it? Good luck with your procedure, I'm thinking of you.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #52  
Crystal

Last night I made the Stuffed Peppers recipe from the cookbook. WONDERFUL! Too good maybe...I really wanted to eat another! LOL Not 'cuz I was hungry...just 'cuz it tasted so good! (I NEED to get out of that mindset or start cooking badly! LOL) The recipe makes 4 servings. That really comes in handy too! Especially lately, it's been pretty hard for me to throw something together on time at lunch. Now my lunch is already made! And, I kinda like turkey burger after all & I was SO hesitant to try it!

I LOVE the rubber band idea also!!! You're so smart!

Last edited by blueyedangel; 03-27-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Oh I so enjoyed supper tonight. I made fish tacos (never had one before, always sounded gross, fish tacos, lol) I put a lil olive oil in skillet, I seasoned Orange Roughy with lil lemon pepper, lotta paprika, and some fish rub (comes in a short fat jar in the spice section of the store) I cooked them in the skillet then after they were done I threw a corn tortilla in the same skillet and got it soft and hot, then shredded the fish with my fork and put most of it in the tortilla and had a fish taco. It was marvelous! My new favorite thing. I think I could eat it everyday. The flavor was so yummy I felt like I was cheating. The paprika almost carmelizes as it cooks, oh it was so good.

I started working out at the hospital this week. I have gone everyday so far but I have only done little weinny sessions. I get so hot (can't sweat) today I turned on the osculating fan that was there and this old lady next to me started complaining. But its more than I am use to so I think any bit is better than none. Hope I can get into the groove of it more and work out longer as time goes by. I also have been walking at night some. Hope Friday is a good weigh in.
Have you ever thought about swimming or water arobics? I know people still work up a sweet, but maybe it would not be as fast as when you are in the gym. Either way, I admire you for overcoming an obstacle.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:51 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 237.5/198/155

Height: 5'6"

mommato3...I was sick a few weeks ago and couldn't really eat for about a week. When I called my center, they suggested to at least try to keep up with the HNS. I eventually went on the Meta Quick for a few days because eating full meals just wasn't going to happen. And...try to keep up with the water.

Congrats to everyone else on their losses!

I WI this morning, down 1.5. A total of 24 lbs!!! I get measurements next time I go in.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Crested1: Good for you! 24 lbs! That is awesome, you have to be really seeing and feeling the loss! Isn't it fun??
Old 03-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Had to change that picture, the wrinkly neck was too much for me!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 237.5/198/155

Height: 5'6"

Graduate: Yes...I am certainly seeing it...so are my kids(God love 'em!) and my boyfriend...it's all good! I still have a way to go, but I can honestly say that losing weight this time has been the 'easiest'. I'm so glad that I found this board...eventhough I don't post a lot, I try to keep up with reading about everyone's successes! It is incredibly motivating!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #58  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikiniByJune View Post
Have you ever thought about swimming or water arobics? I know people still work up a sweet, but maybe it would not be as fast as when you are in the gym. Either way, I admire you for overcoming an obstacle.
I wish we had something like that where I live but we don't. Wish I had a pool in my backyard, that would be ideal, but that won't ever happen, lol.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #59  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

I know that I say this all the time, but man I can't keep up with you guys. I will never get my ticker if I don't start posting more, but by the time I get caught up I don't have time to post anything.
Does anyone know what the center will do if you miss a WI? I live about 45 min. from there and have had a crazy busy week. I don't think I will get there until Monday or Tuesday. Is that a big deal?
My hubby works there so he is going to go by and get what I need.
I haven't been very good lately either, so maybe the extra time will help me.
My biggest fear is gaining. I have been doing so good, but something in my brain has flipped. I think"one little bite won't hurt!" But I know better.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #60  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

To all the new people. Hello. Keep up the good work. It really works. I started MRC a month ago today. I have lost 15#s and 26 inches. At times it is hard, but it will be a long and healthy life. I started because I was always tired and grumpy. My blood pressure was through the roof. Now I have more energy that my 7 yr. old. And my BP is normal. In one month. I have a long way to go, but I know I can. And all the people here are great. They are like little invisible friends, helpers, and supporters. When I don't feel like I want to do it anymore, I come here and get motivation. THANKS!!!
Closed Thread