Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #76  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Namaste, I TOTALLY know how you feel. Ultimately, I have to make the decision (on an often basis!) to say "Don't worry Bonnie, I will take care of you." This applies whether it's not to make healthy eating choices or to make myself rest or whatever!
Thank you! I appreciate it, and it wasn't babble to me! It all makes sense, and honestly I love the part about saying to yourself "Don't worry, I will take care of you" because isn't that what we are really asking for? Also, the child/adult roles. I think we all have that. I we need to nurture the child in us (wounded or not) in order to grow.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #77  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Okay, someone mentioned snacks a while back? Who is getting snacks and what are they? I don't see any "snacks" on my plan, or are you just meaning the HNS's? When I get home from teaching school, I am so hungry and I struggle everyday NOT to eat the snacks my kiddo's are eating. I tell you, some days, those cheetos just call my name! How do you all handle the "snack attack?"
The meta-plus menu (the one you get if you are over 250 pounds) has an afternoon snack. I was on this menu in the begininng, then when I dropped to 225, I got the beige menu, which no longer has the afternoon snack, and I believe all other menu colors don't have that afternoon snack either.
But, what we are all probably most referring to, is our HNS's. If you are having major afternoon cravings...you should save your creamy HNS for that time of day. It seems to be more filling and lasts for longer, for me anyway, than the clears.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 03-05-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #78  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
namaste and rockijames...
I completely understand what you both are saying. I am so surprised at how my view of food has changed. Before MRC, my food choices were not good. Give me a choice between a cheeseburger or a salad and the cheeseburger will win 99% of the time. Surprisingly, cravings have not been a problem for me (I am in absolute shock over that!!!). I am thrilled with my 16.5 pounds in 29 days...I've NEVER been able to do that on any other plan EVER! crested1 (Kristie)
Thank you! You are doing wonderfully! My choices pre-MRC were exactly the same.... I would never have picked a salad! I would go for the worst, greasiest option available! Since MRC, I do not have those cravings either and I'm so happy. Last week, people were discussing the food as fuel topic and I really really feel that way now. I don't see food the same anymore. It's really just to fuel my body now. It's all about choices. I don't know if you attend the classes at MRC but they are just amazing. I go to the finding the connection and behavior modification classes. I think that they have really forced me to search out (and search "in") where my whole issue with food came from and that would not have happened anywhere else.

You should be thrilled, you are doing a fabulous job!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #79  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Thanks for letting me vent. Any ideas for helping me move on would be great because this is getting to be a bit of a pity party and again, I'm the only one attending the party.... it's kind of lonely!
namaste, Sorry I don't really have any advice but I can say I totally understand, I have struggled with that myself and I know this time probably won't be much different but all I can do is hope somewhere down the road I learn to get a handle on it and hopefully it will one day be easier to stay away from old habits, maybe this time will be the time I can change the way I eat and look at food for good, I'm at that party alot so you do have company there.

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #80  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

I had a small personal victory today (baby steps...). Anyway, today is TAKS testing day. For those of you not in the Great State of Texas, TAKS is our state mandated testing. Anyway, lots of stress related to TAKS, believe you me. Our local PTO provided a "hospitality room" for all the teachers during testing and I DID NOT EVEN GO INTO THAT ROOM! WooHoo! I knew that if I went in, the temptation would be hard. Before, I would have been first in line and chosen one of everything ('cause I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings!). So, I am feeling "empowered" that I was able to make a good choice today. And shouldn't we just work on one day at a time?! Thanks for listening.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
namaste - I think we all have issues - which is how we got to be overweight in the first place. IMHO, I think food is a replacement for something else that is missing our lives. Just as an alcoholic, or a drug addict, or a gambling addict, or a shopaholic (my newest addiction) has issues, I have always hated it that food is my addiction. As food has now become fuel (which several of us are finding out), then that drive to fill empty places has to be transferred UNLESS we figure out what got us here in the first place. I am still having health issues, so when I got some bad news about my health last week, I went shopping (rather than stuffing myself with everything in my pantry) which I would have previously done. I spent money that I didn't have, and the guilt is overpowering (as eating everything I could used to be.)
Chopingirl,
that is so true about "that drive to fill empty places has to be transferred UNLESS we figure out what got us here in the first place."
I have such an addictive personality, I was a smoker for 20 years until October, I was addicted to dr peppers for about 15 years (quit in January), I was addicted to caffiene (finally off that too) and addicted to sugar (almost off all that), since I can't have any of those I find myself shopping to make myself feel better but I learned to only buy earrings, sounds dorky I know but they aren't that expensive, I don't have to worry if they will fit, and they make me feel pretty and I go home with a "new" something. I know I should just deal with the "things" I just don't have the energy or courage or money. Maybe next time it will transfer to exercise, lol.

zachzmom seems we have alot of neighbors on here, my kids go to church camp in Floydada every year.

3monkeysmomma

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 03-05-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #82  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
maybe this time will be the time I can change the way I eat and look at food for good, I'm at that party alot so you do have company there. 3monkeysmomma
Thank you!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #83  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

I totally believe that yes, we all have issues. And, obviously, something brought us to the points in our lives where we are. But, how do you find what got you there in the first place? I have been doing a lot of reflective thinking, and I don't know what it is that got me here. I hear others talk, or see interviews on TV, and the people can usually pinpoint a time in their life with their obsession with food began. And it is usually something big, like divorce, or parental issues, etc. My life is really pretty boring--my parents have been married, there is no divorce anywhere in my family. I didn't have any big emotional issue when I was young. So, I don't know why I eat (or ate) like I do (or did.) And I am scared, because if I can't find it, how can I fix it? And will I be able to change me lifestyle of eating? I am being treated for depression, and have been for about 10 years, so that may have something to do with it. I just don't know.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #84  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I'm WAY behind (after spending about 36 hrs at the hospital w/my daughter & son-in-law but they have a beautiful baby girl to show for it ).
Fantastic news!!! I know you are thrilled
Old 03-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #85  
Denise

Quote:
I had a small personal victory today (baby steps...). Anyway, today is TAKS testing day. For those of you not in the Great State of Texas, TAKS is our state mandated testing. Anyway, lots of stress related to TAKS, believe you me. Our local PTO provided a "hospitality room" for all the teachers during testing and I DID NOT EVEN GO INTO THAT ROOM! WooHoo! I knew that if I went in, the temptation would be hard. Before, I would have been first in line and chosen one of everything ('cause I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings!). So, I am feeling "empowered" that I was able to make a good choice today. And shouldn't we just work on one day at a time?! Thanks for listening.

Great job!!!! That's not a small victory, that is a HUGE victory!!!! WHOA!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #86  

Quote:
I had a small personal victory today (baby steps...). Anyway, today is TAKS testing day. For those of you not in the Great State of Texas, TAKS is our state mandated testing. Anyway, lots of stress related to TAKS, believe you me. Our local PTO provided a "hospitality room" for all the teachers during testing and I DID NOT EVEN GO INTO THAT ROOM! WooHoo!

mommato3
Ah yes, the dreaded TAKS day. Two of my kids are taking TAKS today, the youngest isn't old enough yet (she's in 2nd grade, the other two are in 8th and 5th). I put them to bed early, I got up early to fix them eggs and toast (they usually eat at school but the school has so many sugar options, this day they need protein) and I rented that new something wonder emporium movie for after school.
Congrats on staying out of that room!!

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #87  

Quote:
I
I am being treated for depression, and have been for about 10 years, so that may have something to do with it. I just don't know.
I also battle depression, I have tried every antidepressant under the sun, they just don't help me any so I quit trying to find the miracle one. I learned to just fight it head on when it comes. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't. This last time I didn't win and now I am crawling up out of the ashes but notice "crawling up" being the key. Imho I totally think depression has something to do with it, if you are like me I eat when I am depressed, I don't care, I don't move my body anymore than necessary, I don't care, I sleep anywhere from 10 to 14 hours a day because I don't care. Those are the times when that depression monster wins.

The times when I win this is how...I exercise more as soon as I feel it coming on it really helps it go away, I find something new to be interested in (its amazing how much redecorating I have done to my house), I make some sort of change, something to look forward to etc. I gained 85 in one year while I was going through the worst depression of my life,(gained more since then) I have been trying to get it off ever since, that was about 7 years ago.

I think that alone is enough of a reason to have weight problems, I also don't think there has to be any giant hidden secret to why we are depressed in the first place. Some people have reasons why, things that happened to them. But I think some people are just born to be that way, maybe a chemical embalance or something but definatley born that way, and then there are those that are both, they were born that way and they had stuff happen.
Sorry I tend to rattle sometimes.

3monkeysmomma
Old 03-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 242.5/233/135

THANKS Meemo and Chopingirl! I know, I really need to get it together!! I really appreciate your support as well as EVERYONE on this site!! It's like having this huge new circle of friends!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #89  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Why can't I have coffee??
Rockijames - I'm already 3 pages behind and someone might have already answered this. Coffee is an appetitie stimulate, that's why they don't want you to have it. Also, new research shows that caffeine will make diabetes blood sugar level unstable. I just chose to give up caffeine completely. I'm diabetic, but control my blood levels through diet & exercise - I haven't had to be medicated yet - 7 years and counting! The MRC diet has dramtically affected my blood levels in a very positive way!

Last edited by ShineOn; 03-05-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #90  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I have some serious issues with the fact that I "thought" I had this whole thing all figured out (my mind, my body, my ego) and I was just moving on through this program and then I realized now that I don't have anything figured out at all!! I still have the same behavior issues I had before!
Namaste - I have to completely disagree with you. You do not still have the same behavior issues. THIS TIME you are aware of what you are doing. That is a huge step in a positive direction!! You probably wouldn't have thought twice about this in the past. You are in the beautiful process of growth - I just love you!

Last edited by ShineOn; 03-05-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Closed Thread